Doctor Who? [F for F or M]

Started by rou, February 24, 2014, 11:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rou

It's bigger on the inside!

Well, I’m going to have to admit that with this fandom, I’m certainly going to be stepping out of my comfort zone when it comes to storytelling. But I think it’s fair enough that I allow myself to do so, right? What I’d really like in a partner, for these games, is someone who is both patient and creative. I’d really like to have fun, and since I’m so out of my element here, I wouldn’t like to be picked apart for my mistakes.

My mistakes being that I have three significant weaknesses of genre in writing: these include mystery/crime, science fiction, and history. Obviously, these are the genres that Doctor Who deals in. I’ve also never felt comfortable playing existing characters according to canon, but I might be willing to. If I do, I might need to make variations—or otherwise I just may not do the best job of it.

I’ve really made myself out to be such an appealing partner, haven’t I? Well, since I know you’re overwhelmed with interest now, I’d like to make one more point: I do not want any of these stories to be smut. They can be romantic and they can be sexy, but I’m not looking to intensely sexualize some of my favorite fandoms, all right?

Thanks for taking the time to read and to understand. Remember—if you’d like to contact me, you will have to carefully read through my O&Os first! You’ll find the link in my signature.

Doctor Who?
I would like you to play The Doctor or a similar character. The Doctor can be male or female, or if we go through regenerations, swap between them. I will play a (female, preferably original) companion.

We can do this a variety of ways. We can work in the canon universe or AU, completely changing the story, pivoting from a point in time, rewriting the story. We could use the Doctor and his companion, or we could use a different character. Etc, etc. If we use the Doctor, I don’t have a large preference towards which Doctor we go with; I’d rather we use a regeneration that doesn’t yet exist in canon, or that we squeeze our story in somewhere along the 10th and 11th timeline. I’m only familiar with the contemporary Doctor Who and haven’t watched any of the classics.

I don’t have any plots or ideas to offer. I’ve got the faintest stirrings of who my character will be, and that’s it. I would much much much prefer to talk to my partner a little about what we would like to include in this game and then figure out a story together, to whatever extent we need to.

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous