A Concert to Remember (1x1 with Kendra)

Started by Hiddenhart, October 07, 2010, 09:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiddenhart

Mask sighed as the kiss ended but he sensed a friend of hers and retreated a bit. "H-hello, Rivers.." He said softly, hesitantly hoolding a hand in Rivers' direction. He felt that he could trust her to come back, so he stayed by Rivers. He tried to sense how Rivers felt but couldn't read him. A sense of unease filled Mask as he waited for her to return.

Kendra

Rivers had waited as patiently as he could for her to return, the band were awesome of course but he would have preferred to enjoy it with Daria. After enough time had passed, he grew worried and decided to relinquish their awesome position near the front railing and go in search of her. Once he thought he had seen her but he got jostled so badly by the crowd. After waiting for that particular song to finish he went on in search of her again only to find her snogging the face off of a complete stranger, albeit an extremely cute one by the time he did find her.

He watched her walk off to the bathroom and turned to look at the guy she had called Mask. He held out his hand to him deciding it best to start off at least on the right foot. Damn, he mused but that girl had excellent taste.
"Mask is it?" he asked again to make sure, "Rivers...enjoying the gig so far?"

Hiddenhart

"Y-yes, enjoying it quite a bit." Mask said, feeling around for and taking Rivers hand. He shook it and smiled a bit. "The band is g-great and your friend is n-nice..." He then regretted saying that and fell silent. He sensed discomfort and annoyance of some kind from Rivers. Even though he knew it was technically his fault (though how that was, he had no clue at all) and he knew Rivers had every right to seem bothered, Mask was still nervous about it. He tried to remain nonchalant on the outside but inside, he was shaking.

Kendra

He leaned back against the bar rail and ordered two drinks for himself and Daria before looking at Mask, something seemed off about him but he couldn't put his finger on it. His eyes seriously didn't seem to even notice him.
"Did you want a drink, my treat?" he questioned turning to look at the guy and wishing for once he had Daria's goodluck.
"So how  did you meet Daria?" he seriously had to know this one, had she literally just run into a complete stranger or did they know one another before now. Surely he'd know if they had though.

Hiddenhart

"A drink would be nice..." Mask smiled a bit but then felt self-conscious again. "He doesn't know I'm blind..." He thought, wondering if his eyes gave it away. He sighed a bit. "We just ran into each other...or rather, she ran into me." He smiled a bit wider, feelign happy to have met her. But the same suspicious feelings about Rivers plagued him and he didn't feel as comfortable as he normally would be....

Kendra

Rivers sighed, it sounded pretty much like something Daria would do, pick up a guy in a concert but he marveled that she had not simply snogged and snook off as well. He glanced back at Mask again after ordering some beers and passed one over, watching him very carefully. The guy was beautiful there was no denying that but Rivers had been of the impression that this evening was theirs alone to enjoy, so he felt slightly disgruntled that she had chosen to pick up and keep a hanger on.
"I see" was all he said on the matter before taking a sip of his drink and placing it down, "you usually pick up stray girls?"

Hiddenhart

(Like your avatar ^^*)

Hearing the sigh, Mask sighed himself. He sense annoyance as usual and he felt awkward. "No. I don't usually pick up stray girls." He smiled a bit but this one faded far quicker then his other smiles had. He realized that Rivers had probably wanted to be alone with Daria and he began to feel like Rivers was hinting at something. "Thank you for the beer..." He said, more for the reason of filling the empty space then anything else.

Kendra

Rivers sighed not sure why he was choosing to dislike this guy from the get-go, perhaps it was simply that he found him as delicious as Daria did and he was merely put out that he had not found him first.
"You're welcome" he smiled, always willing to be gracious. Taking a drink from his own glass he rubbed his head, the volume from the front had been glaringly loud and he knew his ears would be popping before the night was out while a deep ringing would echo about his head. Others were now filing back to the bar area which meant the supporting act were back on stage again.
"We best move from the bar or it'll be crowded in a few" he shrugged taking his glass and moving off across the room, expecting Mask to simply follow him.

[ooc: thank you ;) ]

Hiddenhart

"Hm...okay." Mask heard footsteps, lots of them, heading his  way. He then heard Rivers move away. He grabbed his cane, expecting Rivers to help like Daria had but he hadn't. Not miffed, Mask took the cane and tried following...but was soon buried in a crowd of people and seperated. He managed not to be washed away, so to speak, but he was far from comfortable. Alone and seperated, he sighed and tried again...

Kendra

It was of course only when Rivers had stood by the high rounded table, taken a sip from his own drink and wondered what was keeping Mask did he turn to see the him being crowded by those entering the  bar. It had not been all he had seen however and knowing it was possibly stupid to just leave perfectly good drinks alone at a table, he went through the still light crowd of people until he found him. With his hand on Mask's covering the cane he sighed, he seriously should have known something was up. Daria was always one for her strays and the underdog.
"Come on, I have you now. Just follow me" Rivers turned once again and began to walk slower this time back to the table, "I didn't realise."
He said in way of explanation hoping this covered a multitude of his other transgressions as well.

Hiddenhart

Mask had continued to remain lost until Rivers took his hand. He nodded and let Rivers lead him to the table. "Very few realize." He knew Rivers was coming back for the drinks as well and it bothered him. But, he somehow stayed under control as he sipped his own. He missed Daria a bit but kept it to himself. "Thank you for your help..."

Kendra

By the time they reached the table again, Rivers actually sighed with relief. The drinks were still there and turning his gaze around saw Daria walking towards them with a huge smile on her face. He frowned at her however but held his tongue. What was she thinking picking up a blind guy at a concert for crying out loud? His hand wrapped around the warm glass and he gulped back half of the beer still refusing to say anything.

Daria had gone as fast as she could to the public toilets, the queue this time had been larger than before and the mess within had left her stomach feeling decidedly nauseous. Gone for longer than she would have liked, she was glad at least that the boys were still together on her return. As she came to stand between them her arm automatically went around Mask's waist and her mouth gently brushed his ear.
"I'm back" she told him, her forehead resting against the side of his head a moment before she turned to smile at Rivers. She recognised the look immediately and wanted to tell him to get off of his high horse, that this was different. Mask was different but she didn't know how to explain it and this certainly wasn't the place to try.
"The queue was outrageous, sorry you had to wait" she grinned instead, "thanks for getting the drinks in ... been getting to know one another?"

Hiddenhart

"..." By now, Mask had confirmed in his mind that Rivers didn't like him very much. The sound of gulping beer confirmed it. He then heard Daria return and a smile crossed his face. His suspicions were confirmed by her hand on his waist and her whispering that she was back. "Welcome back..." He allowed himself to smile as he sensed somthing was off between her and Rivers. "We were fine with waiting, right Rivers?" He asked gently. "And yes, we've been catching up..."

Kendra

Rivers merely humphed a reply to which he got a glare shot at him by Daria. She couldn't believe he was behaving so childlike, they were friends with perks sure but they had never been possessive about one another ever so this behaviour she could not understand at all. Choosing to ignore it she turned her attention to Mask who was genuinely at least trying to make an effort. She kissed his cheek and smiled.
"You're incredibly sweet you know that?" her eyes took in the crows milling about them and sighed. A swift glance to her watch told her the gig was only halfway through and yet she was suddenly not keen on sticking around for the rest of it. Picking up her beer she sipped at it, glancing at Rivers and wondering what he would think if she suggested they leave early. Another glance at Mask as she wondered the same of him before Daria decided to simply ask.
"Anyone fancy calling it a day here?" she shrugged lightly as if it wasn't a big deal or anything.

Rivers glowered at her, "Well I'm staying! Do you not remember the trouble we went to just to get our tickets? Or sleeping rough last night just to get that perfect spot which I may add is now gone... " He was understandably annoyed with her but still she smiled at him convinced this act alone would win him over.

Hiddenhart

Thank you..." Mask smiled as he heard Daria, but then he heard Rivers and lost confidence. "....I get the feeling I'm not wanted here.." Mask muttered. "....I should let you two be...since I seem to be intruding." Mask then faced Rivers, though he couldn't see. "Want the perfect spot you mentioned? Watch." He then sighed, sadness filling him as he grabbed his cane and made his way back to Rivers' perfect spot. He then whacked from side to side till the crowd grudgingly moved.

Kendra

She had no time to say or do anything it seemed as whatever had transpired between both guys in her absence overflowed into Mask feeling he had to leave them be. Watching him walk away she turned on Rivers immediately.
"Are you happy now?" she asked pushing her glass back onto the table, "I like him, okay. I just do and ... if you're not happy about that, then tough Rivers. I know ...okay, I know how long we've waited for today but ... this just happened and I can't explain it. I really like him."

Rivers frowned instantly as Mask went away, that had not been his intention at all. He was seriously getting everything wrong here and he knew exactly why. Daria's declaration of her feelings towards the guy were made clear and he felt more uncomfortable than ever.
"It's not that ... I am .. sort of happy for you" he hung his head in mortified silence for a moment, "I think I'm jealous is all. Not of him with you but ... of you with him. He's lovely."
Shrugging his own shoulders as he pushed his hands into his pockets he waited for her to explode on him but it never happened. Instead she flung her arms about him and chuckled lightly.

"We always did have similar taste" she winked releasing him and standing back a little, "So what happens ... I don't want to leave him. I want to be with him, Rivers... but our friendship means the world to me, you know that. If you tell me to back off of Mask then I will." She waited for his verdict knowing in her heart exactly what he was going to say before he even said it. She watched him shake his head and give a little sigh. His right hand coming up to brush some of her hair back from her face.

"Go get him... I'll be fine" he glanced about the room, "seriously I will, look at all the hot guys in here."

Daria grinned but knew she couldn't leave him just like that, she grabbed his hand and attempted a gentle tug.
"You don't have to be on your own, come with me. He'll understand. I'll explain everything" she smiled though the widening of Rivers eyes told her he was not happy with that scenario at all. He shook his head vigorously.

"No Daria, that would be seriously awkward. Just go ... I mean it, go before I change my mind" he turned her around and pushed her towards the exit, watching as she turned to face him, gave him a small wave before disappearing into the throng of people listening to the supporting act.

Jostled and pushed this way and that she felt as if it was forever before she finally saw him. An elbow into her shoulder and a tug of her hair as she continued to make her way forward, casting disparaging looks at the offenders before at last she was beside him again.
"Mask" she was breathing heavily from her exertion through the crowd. She couldn't believe the rush of emotion that overcame her on seeing him again and sliding her hands about his neck pressed herself closer to him as she hugged him.

Hiddenhart

Before Daria had gotten to him, Mask had cleared a tiny spot. Of course, whacking people with a cane drew all kinds of angry glares but not seeing them made them easier to bear. What made it harder was the fact that he was now, alone, and he felt Daria was out of his reach. "What did I do, Rivers, to hurt you? Why did fate choose me as a punching bag?" He said softly.

Then he felt Daria hug him and he felt happiness return. But he still felt awkward; what if Rivers still liked her? He smiled in her direction, though. "Hello again..."

Kendra

She debated a moment whether to break it to him about why her best friend had behave the way he had but decided for now against it. The supporting act were now leaving the stage to roars of applause from the crowd but she didn't bother. Too busy holding on to Mask she moved herself slightly so she could gaze at him. He still had his glasses off and she smiled.
"Would you like me to put these back on?" she asked tapping them gently against his chest, "I'm sorry about all of that back there, really I am. He's not like that usually..."

Hiddenhart

"it's okay..." Mask sounded a bit saddened but very happy to be by Daria. "No...I will go without the glasses, since you seem to like me without them." He replied, listening to the supporting act leaving. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked curiously as he helf onto her gently, never wanting to let go but knowing he had to.

Kendra

The audience now seemed content to chatter amongst themselves while music by the main act piped through the speakers, keeping them all warmed up for when they appeared again. She could  hear the change in his voice and sighed, sometimes she could happily kill Rivers but she did love him to bits and of course she understood exactly why he had behaved that way.
"I don't mind either way, don't do something just to please me" she smiled at him, then shaking her head slowly as she gazed at him, "You did nothing wrong, nothing other than be your gorgeous wonderful self."

Daria knew she'd have to say something now, there really wasn't any point in keeping it hidden and somehow she figured it might bridge a gap between the two boys. Providing of course that Mask didn't become upset or offended that Rivers could fancy him. Tracing a finger tip along his jawline she watched the journey it made.
"Rivers likes you. He's jealous, that's what it was all about."

Hiddenhart

"Gorgeous wonderful self..." Mask smiled at that; fires tim anyone had ever called him that. He hid his grin adn hugged her again. He still didn't put the glasses on, though. He didn't want to give another obvious sign (as if the cane was not enough) that he was blind, both for her and selfishly for himself. He blushed as he felt her trace his jawline and heard what she said next. "He likes me? As in like-like me?" Mask wasn't upset; just curious.

Kendra

Her mouth gently brushed against his own before nodding her head.
"Yes," she assured him licking her lips as the very taste of him excited every nerve end within her, "He like-likes you."
Her hands slid around his waist slowly reaching down to rest within the band of his jeans. Fingers barely touching the curve of his backside but knowing it was temptingly close she stroked her fingers back and forth. A soft sigh escaped her as she pressed herself closer.

"Are you interested?" she grinned, it certainly wouldn't have been the first time a guy she fell for had taken a shine to Rivers. Their taste in guys was so similar that both of them often fell for the same person but they never left that stand in the way of their own friendship. Her teeth nipped his lower lip gently before her mouth sought his again and delving her tongue within the crevice of his mouth savoured the moist warmth within.

Hiddenhart

The feel of her mouth brushing his made his heart race. And her taste made him smile more; he had missed it, even for the short time he had been alone. But the statement she made had him apprehensive; he trusted her to tell the truth but the way Rivers had acted made him wonder if that was true. He was jolted from his slightly melancholy state by her raching down and stroking her fingers within his jeans, pressing closer; he instinctively responded by putting his arms around her.

"Am I interested? I don't know..." He replied, smiling. "I do know I am more interested in you then him....but then again, I only remember the angry or annoyed Rivers..." He felt her teeth on his lower lip as he finished answering, opening his mouth willingly and feeling her tongue entering his now-open mouth. He playfully, shockingly for him, pinned her tongue for a second before releasing it, face blushing

Kendra

The audience about them gave a massive roar again indicating the emergence of the main act and Daria knew she had better tear herself away from him before she did something exceptionally stupid. A slight moan escaped her as she tore her mouth away, relishing how he had held her tongue. The sensation had made her only want to press closer to him, but the jostling crowd though helping with that part, hindered her more radical behaviour. She was many things but an exhibitionist.

"He's not always angry and he's seldom annoyed" she told him as the music began to kick in again, "I'm glad I interest you more... but just to let you know" she was now shouting over the loud music, "I've lost guys before to him and vice versa."
She moved behind him this time, sliding her hand along his shoulders as she did so, then snuggling up close from behind let her arms wrap themselves about his waist. He was adorable when he blushed and she had little mind on the concert now but more so on time alone with Mask.

Hiddenhart

Mask simply smiled as she pulled away. He knew the crowds were to blame and he chuckled softly; he never had enjoyed crowds before. "I see...sorry for judging him..." In response to her second statement, he laughed louder. "I don't think you'll be losing me. I don't intend to, anyway." He then became confused as she moved...but then felt her hand on his shoulders and relaxed. He sighed blushing as she snuggled close from behind. He could guess at her thoughts and he smiled, for he felt the same.