Interest Check: Wizard Games (HP Universe Homebrew)

Started by kckolbe, May 27, 2012, 02:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

I've been trying to figure out a good Harry Potter setting that allowed for more than teacher and student.  I wanted more options for adult characters.  What I am thinking of is some type of event featuring Quidditch teams, wizard duels, and possibly other events.  Obviously, such a game would require some type of system, so I have modified Green Ronin's Song of Ice and Fire system to be more Harry Potter friendly.  Obviously it has not been play-tested, but I think I have the foundations in place and just need to tweak a couple of things.

What I want to know is who would be interested in playing Quidditch players, and who would want to do duels (feel free to suggest other ideas, such as broom races).  Other roles, such as managers, referees, groupies, socialites and such are going to be perfectly welcome either way, but I'd like to know which actual contest interests them the most. 

I am willing to GM, though if I do, the plot will be just a tournament with very few twists.  I am not particularly good at plot.  If someone else wants to take the lead of running the story portion, that would definitely be appreciated, and I will simply provide the system and handle rules issues.

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sarah Morgan

This sounds interesting.  I can't make up my mind which I'd like to do more though, so I think I'll wait and see if this gets more interest, and then go with the majority.  I don't know anything about the system that's being used, but hopefully it won't be too complicated to figure out!