Hunger Games

Started by Dragunov, September 20, 2011, 08:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragunov

your silver plate raises slowly from underground with you on it. you arive at the top faced with 23 other competitors. a giant golden cornucopia is ahead full with back packs with supplies. bows. swords. knives. and other random things

Aadreal

Nala licked her lips nervously as her plate rose.  Her eyes scanned over the competitors, trying to judge who'd be the biggest threat.  There seemed to be a sudden hush as the plates stopped, the competitors pausing to take in the sight. 

Running forward she wove between the trees, her eyes focused on the prize and ears on those behind her.  There was a crash from behind as a beast of a boy sought to gain headway.  Slowing Nala allowed him to get within grabbing distance, sure enough his hands moved as expected, rising to catch her. 

Stopping suddenly she used her momentum to turn on the ball of one foot, kicking out with the other.  There was a solid crack as her heel met with his kneecap.  She didn't stop to finish him, barely taking notice of his fall as she began to run once more. 

selfexiled

At the sealing of the discs all stood frozen for a moment then in the next second the world was a blur of movement, each combatant making a break for the center. The cornucopia and its bounty glowing in the light.

The fastest reaching it first a moment of relief showing on thier face, but then the rest catch up and the fighting begins. Marcus holds back allowing the frenzy to sort itself, picking up a fallen branch he eyes the different packs and weapons seeing where each are headed. There, one is sneaking off with two packs and a bow and arrows a large knife can be seen poking out of one of the packs.

He moves to follow speeding up as he goes, the noise of the fighting is dieing down and he can still see the cornucopia. This means others will soon be in trees looking for him. Picking up the pace he tracks the... girl... his first good look at her. She's hid herself in a tight stand of trees hoping to limit her being seen and if she is limiting access.

These trees are not large and can be bulled through but its thick and the time it would take would give a talented fighter to much time. Quietly sliding inbetween the trees to close the gap before rushing other shouts can be heard in the distance, she looks up toward the largest gap in the stand nervous, afraid.

Not a good time to get stage fright, she fumbles slightly with the bow drawing it up and aiming at the gap waiting. Marcus is well within the trees and hidden, he decides to watch her for a few minutes, after a time she relaxes and sets the bow before her and starts sifting through the packs. Marcus takes a few more slow paces towards her now only a few small trees remain between him and his prize.

Rushing in, not giving her a chance to react he bowls her over rolling her to the far side of the stand. Keeping his eyes on her Marcus leans down and picks up the knife, "This is not a place for you, make your peace with whatever god you worship. I promise to make it quick and hopefully painless." The will to live overrides her senses she lets out a gutteral scream and charges, Marcus lashes out with the branch which she ducks under it but she missed the knife and it lodged in her chest.

Dropping the branch and holding her head Marcus lays her down slowly, placing his hand on her chest he pulls out the knife, "I told you was going to make it quick, you should've listened." She is coughing up blood now, Marcus moves around behind her head cradles it then with a firm quick twist breaks her neck. She goes limp, she's dead and no longer in pain. Moving aside and laying her head in the grass he closes her eyes, and crosses her arms across her chest covering the wound. Marcus then silently goes through the last rites common to his district. At the last he touches two fingers to his forehead then to hers. He then turns collects all the gear and moves away from the stand to locate another hiding place.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Dragunov

his eyes focus in as the chaos happens he walks forward into it seeing a dead body with a knife lodged in the heart. he pulls the knife out and slowly walks over to the other careers. he watches the slaughter of men happen before his eyes and the surviving running away escaping death. "looks like thats over with" he picks up a stone and rubs it across the edge of the knife sharpening it. his goal is to betray the careers as they slept.

Aadreal

Reaching the cornucopia, Nala grabbed a couple of packs and fled.  She would have time later to look through them and take what she needed from others.  Ducking and hiding, then scrambling away once it was clear she made her way deep into the woods, managing to avoid the others. 

Finding a nice tree she flung the packs over her back, climbing up into the branches.  Wearily watching the land below she caught her breath and waited for her heart to slow.  Pulling one of the packs onto her lap she began going through it, grinning at the contents.

Unaccustomed to this much nature she didn't think to look above her for another contestant.  The packs were suddenly nabbed from her hands as she was pushed off the branch, falling to the hard ground below.  There was a sickening snap as her body broke, twisted and unnatural in how it landed.  Red and black flashes filled her vision as pain overwhelmed her.  Broken but not dead she was left to suffer.

(My apologies to all.  I seem to have run into a rather immovable case of writer's block where this is concerned and so I kill off my character and take my leave.)

selfexiled

Moving through the trees Marcus hears a few shouts and a short scuffle, then a loud crash... like a body hitting the ground. More shouts, multiple it seems, best to stay in cover till they part for now. After minutes pass with no other movement or sound he continues towards the direction of the crash. Stepping from behind a tree he sees a small girl lying on the ground with many small scratches and bright red scraps and bruises, the many branches beneath her said she fell out of the tree, looking up Marcus saw why... another competetor was up the tree. Stepping back behind the trees he draws out his bow, strings it and draws back an arrow. The target focused on his prizes from the poor girl didn't notice him yet, though he kept glancing about like a spooked deer. The branches made it hard for a clear shot, but even winging him would be enough to knock him out the tree. He fires landing a hit in the side, the target screams loses his grip and falls hard the packs coming down on top of him knocking what little wind he had left out of him. Quickly Marcus moves in and slits his throat ending him in a short gurgle of breath. Breath... the girl is still alive but dieing her labored gasps noticable now. Cleaning off the knife he moves to her, like with the last he kneels behind her head lifts it carefully resting it in his lap for a moment. "You've drawn a sour lot for this one didn't you? Calm your soul, make your peace with your gods fore now I send you to meet them little one." Lifting her head once more and giving it a sharp twist Marcua breaks her neck and her body falls limp and a calm washes over her face. Resting her head on the ground and crossing her arms he makes the funeral chants and signs of his colony and then takes the other packs off into the trees and brush. After finding a good hiding place he inspects thier contents, coupled with those he already had he makes one bag of needed items and then looks for places to hide the others for a later date.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Dragunov

as night falls the careers lay to rest beside a tree under a small tent found in the cornucopia. he lays down in the tent and waits for every last one of them to fall asleep. he slowly steps up and walks out of the tent. he then seals the door of the tent. he goes over to the pack and searches through the pack until he finds the make shift incendiary grenade made by the career from district 11. he acticates it rolls it under the edge of the tent, then takes off running for the love of his life. a loud boom is heard. he turns around to see the tent in giant flames but he doesnt stop running.

Jasongray

(is it alright if I join? I loved the book's and this sounds like loads if fun)

Aoife

In the boat as Jason actually, mind taking on another party?

Ember Star

(OOC: I was wondering if I could join. I've read all the books.)
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

wiccaangel311

(hey do you mind if i join this sounds like loads of fun and i have read all the books)

Vladimir valentine

No one noticed the ghost of a girl who quickly and yet silently managed to slip past the onslaught at the cornucopia. Having grabbed at random items on her way to the dense forest, running till twilight. She stopped behind a big group of trees and foliage, opening the pack she managed to slipaway with. In the blur of all she saw, she only knows 1 weapon she got for sure. A whip, Being from district ten shenew how to use a whip for live stalk. She saw it and immediately knew it had to be hers. Inside her bag is a bottle of water, her whip, 1 rather large dagger. Rope, and some jerky, sleeping bag, and what looked like a net used for camouflage. The 17 year old girls slips into her sleeping bag and rolls into the nearby overgrown brush with the camo over her. She should be very well hidden and should be impossible to find. For now.