Justice League Reboot

Started by VoluptuousVixen, June 10, 2012, 07:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Quote from: cclayjr on June 11, 2012, 08:41:11 AM
I will be GL - But I would also like to play a different version of Captain Marvel as well.  Would like to make him African-american!

Already have one actually.  Wrote a story long time ago wanted to bring it back to life.

Is cclayjr still wanting Captain Marvel?  If not, I might be interested in bringing him back.

*waves to Iblis* 

Hey hey!  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Iblis121

~Waves~ ^^

I'm pretty sure Captain Marvel's free.

cclayjr posted a bio for Green Lantern already, so you should be all set.

AribethAmkiir

Hi Lunar, good to see you again.

I think he was asking if he could play two characters and didn't get a public response, so I don't know if Capt. Marvel is available or not.

Zatanna would also be eager to team up with people and get her feet wet in the hero scene.

VoluptuousVixen

LunarSage, if you want a new version of Captain Marvel then please put up a bio for him. 

LunarSage

I'll do that if cclayjr says he's ok with me taking him.

LunarSage

Also, I'm a bit concerned that my lack of hardcore knowledge of the DC Universe is going to put me at a disadvantage in this game.  I'm much more of a Marvel guy, though I did enjoy the DC cartoons like Justice League and Superman.  I just don't want to get chastised at for not knowing the setting inside and out.

JDrew Spider

Quote from: LunarSage on June 16, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Also, I'm a bit concerned that my lack of hardcore knowledge of the DC Universe is going to put me at a disadvantage in this game.  I'm much more of a Marvel guy, though I did enjoy the DC cartoons like Justice League and Superman.  I just don't want to get chastised at for not knowing the setting inside and out.

I think that's good enough. Most of my knowledge comes from those animated series and movies too. So don't let that hold you back. :)
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Iblis121

Quote from: LunarSage on June 16, 2012, 08:10:42 PM

Don't worry, I'm the same exact way :] loislanekent suggested I join anyway. It's a reboot, though, so there shouldn't be too much need to worry. The DC wiki helps too :U Helped me, anyway.

AribethAmkiir

What they said.  I'm pretty sure this is meant to be an alternate universe as well so that should help not being a hardcore DC person.  (I prefer Marvel as well)

LunarSage

Alright, I'll put up the bio with the understanding that should cclayjr want to play him instead, I'll back out.

Name: Captain Marvel
Apperance:

Apperance without Costume:

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Base of Operations:  Fawcett City, The Rock of Eternity

Powers/Abilities:  William Batson's human body has been super-charged with the magical energy of the Godwave. This grants him the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury; S.H.A.Z.A.M. These powers are described below:

*Superhuman Strength: Captain Marvel is every bit as physically strong as Superman.

*Superhuman Endurance:  Captain Marvel is incapable of tiring and can withstand punishment that would leave even most superhumans unconscious.

*Cosmic Awareness: Captain Marvel possesses an Excellent understanding of the divine interactions with the mortal world. He is acting as an emmisary for humanity against entities from magical realms whom are friendly, and a guardian against those who are not.

*Total Memory: This represents Captain Marvel's Wisdom of Solomon. With it, he can Recall knowledge and facts that he normally should not and/or would not know.

*Dimension Travel: This can only be used to travel to the Rock of Eternity. The Rock of Eternity is a nexus of power in a nearby realm of existance that channels power to anyone utilizing the power of the wizard Shazam. As to whether he can travel to other dimensions or locations using the Rock is currently unknown.

*True Flight: Captain Marvel is able to defy gravity and fly at impressive airspeeds.

*Hyper Speed: He has the ability to sharpen his awareness and increase his temporal flow, moving far faster than humanly possible.

*Self-Sustenance: Captain Marvel is sustained by the magical energies coursing through his body. He does not require air, food or water.

*Resist Disease and Toxins: Marvel is highly resistant to the effects of toxins and disease to the point where he is uneffected by most things.

*Invulnerability: When transformed Captain Marvel possesses near Superman level invulnerability to harm.

*Captain Marvel's attacks are considered magical to those who are vulnerable to magic.

*Alter Ego: By speaking the magic word, "Shazam," he summons a magical bolt of lightning that supercharges and transforms him. Since the bolt strikes wherever he is standing when he says the word, anyone at ground zero is damaged by this magical lightning. Billy and Captain Marvel are Immune to any damage from this lightning.

*Fighting Talent: Captain Marvel is one of the best superhuman combatants in the DC Universe by virtue of the knowledge the gods have bestowed upon him.

Weaknesses:

*Lightning attacks of sufficient power can cause Captain Marvel to revert back to Bill Batson.

*Naivety:  Bill Batson believes in the basic goodness in people throughout the world and this can often be used against him.  He will never use underhanded tactics against a foe as he considers such to be 'cheating'.

History:  Billy Batson's parents were archeologists. On a trip to Egypt C.C. and Marylin, along with Mary (Billy's twin sister), were seemingly all killed in mysterious circumstances. In truth, Theo Adam killed his parents and sent his sister back to the United States for adoption. Billy was entrusted to his uncle Ebeneezer, who took his inheritance and kicked him out on the street. Then, one day he was guided by a strange man to an abandoned subway tunnel deep within the bowels of the city. There he met Shazam, an old wizard who had fought against evil for more than 5000 years. Since Shazam was about to die he wanted to leave his power to another person, and had chosen Billy. He would give Billy his power in exchange for his pledge to use it for good purposes.

Billy said the word for the first time, and thus was born Captain Marvel. With the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury a young wide eyed Billy bacame one of "Earth's Mightiest Mortals" with powers spawned directly from the gods.

Billy became child radio announcer for WHIZ radio and through them and their spelling bee he met Freddy Freeman and his Twin Sister Mary. Since reuniting with his sister Mary, Billy has become very protective of her. Billy chose to split his power among himself, his sister Mary and both then subsequently donated a fraction of their power to their friend, Freddy Freeman, who was crippled when he accidentally stumbled onto a battle between the Marvels and one of their foes.

Freddy can summon the power, but unlike Billy or Mary, and due to the source of his power, Freddy speaks the name "Captain Marvel" to be transformed. The group is loosely referred to as "The Marvel Family" when all three are in their super-powered forms. Together, as Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, and Captain Marvel, Jr, the Marvel family protected Fawcett City and Earth from numerous threats. Billy values his new "Marvel Family" very much, as it is the only real family he has.

Recent Activity: Bill has recently moved to Metropolis to try and start his life anew and see if he can help as Captain Marvel.  He feels that Fawcett City is safe for now under the watch of Mary.

Equipment:  None

Known Enemies: Black Adam

AribethAmkiir

LunarSage

Heh, I played him in the previous game, so I already had the bio.  :-)

Cold Heritage

Although he was/is a JSA guy, could I do Citizen Steel? Well, a version of him. (kinda wanted to do the Phantom Stranger, but that's an almost impossible nut to crack)
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

AribethAmkiir

I don't think Lois is limiting it to pure JL characters, as long as they're DC, she did say no crossovers. 

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: Iblis121 on June 16, 2012, 05:54:36 PM
The only backstory I've noticed that can't be right according to the game's setting is Green Lantern's. Everyone else seems to be fine.

The only people who's histories should even mention being part of the Justice League are the founders, who, in this game, are Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash and Martian Manhunter.

I just made things easier for myself by assuming Green Arrow has no allies at the moment and that he's been doing solo work. There aren't really any other notable heroes in Star City, anyway. If someone wanted to be Speedy, I wouldn't mind it, but unless that happens, Ollie's been on his own.

EDIT: I think the main thing we all need to know is how long the Justice League's been established and/or how long has it been since they've begun recruiting people.

Wait... what, Batman isn't a founding member of the JL?

Iblis121

Quote from: Darthvegeta800 on June 17, 2012, 01:35:07 AM
Wait... what, Batman isn't a founding member of the JL?

Originally, no, he wasn't. Not in this RP, either.

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: Iblis121 on June 17, 2012, 01:39:52 AM
Originally, no, he wasn't. Not in this RP, either.

Odd. Didn't know that. I always assumed he was originally part of it.

In any case I assumed a lot more time passed since the JL founding. I'll best severely change my bio than. And perhaps discuss things with the Talia and the Robin players.

KiralaShai

Superhero/villain: Robin
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Base of Operations: Gotham City

Powers/Skills: Training in multiple forms of martial arts, gadgets, weapons, as well with vehicles ranging from high speed jets to motorcycles. And has an interest with robotics which led her to research more into simple robotics and cybernetics

Weapons/gadgets: The basic utility belt, her gloves have steel plates on the outside of her hands and fingers for when she gets in C.Q.C. Her main weapon is a carbon fiber staff that's six feet long and four inches thick.

Weaknesses: Having no super powers, if she were to be knocked unconscious and stripped of her equipment, she would be as helpless as any ordinary human.

History: Nina is the daughter of Bruce Wayne and Talia Ra's Al Ghul, and from both parents she was learning her skills in hand to hand combat, and practicing to be the next Robin, which that day came shortly after her sixteenth birthday when the previous died. Then a few years had passed, she turned eighteen, but once again another tragedy struck the batfamily, an explosion had taken her mother from her, and her father seemed closed off to even her at times afterwards, but she still stood by his side as his daughter and partner. Deep down Nina has always felt guilty about not being there with her parents when the accident occurred, being told it was too dangerous and that she was to stay in the bat cave and provide assistance when told to do so, and since then she's had an emotional attachment to the memory of the event and gets angry if anyone brings it up around her. 

Activity: Fighting crime in Gotham City.
Known Enemies: Joker, Harley Quinn, Bane, and any others Batman considers enemies.

Appearance:
Costume

Without costume

Iblis121

Quote from: Darthvegeta800 on June 17, 2012, 01:45:26 AM
Odd. Didn't know that. I always assumed he was originally part of it.

In any case I assumed a lot more time passed since the JL founding. I'll best severely change my bio than. And perhaps discuss things with the Talia and the Robin players.

Nor did I xD Until I looked it up a while back.

Ghostraven

We should ask Lois to set out the specifics of the game background about the league and world, etc in one place so we all know what to work with for backgrounds that would relate to the JL so that we don't end up with slightly different interpretations of history.  :-)

I really like the Robin in costume that you found KiralaShai.  :D

TTYL

Ghostraven

KiralaShai

Quote from: Ghostraven on June 17, 2012, 01:58:50 AM
We should ask Lois to set out the specifics of the game background about the league and world, etc in one place so we all know what to work with for backgrounds that would relate to the JL so that we don't end up with slightly different interpretations of history.  :-)

I really like the Robin in costume that you found KiralaShai.  :D

TTYL

Ghostraven

Thanks, took me over an hour to find. I like yours as well, Raven.

FragarachZ

There seem to be quite a number of players for this, so how will we do it? Will there be location-based IC threads, or just one starting with the recruitment of members?
O&O

TheVillain

Forgive this bit of a sidetrack, but I thought it would be an interesting idea to kick around.

Superhero/Villain: Pan

Real Name: Pan. The world at large is currently unaware of his existence. Those that are aware that the Greek Gods really existed are aware that Pan really is as he claims- a God of Virility, Nature, Music, and Shepherds.

Age: A true immortal, Pan is at least as old as the Ancient Greek Civilization. Among the Olympians, Pan's true age is unknown- they claim Pan is the product of a tryst between the god Hermes and a wood Nymph but then admit that Pan fought in the Titan-God War making him far older then his supposed father.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, with a Female Preference. Pan has and enjoys sexual encounters with both genders but if given a choice between a man and a woman he'll choose the woman most of the time. [Also, bisexual character but straight player. Some fade-to-black may be used in M/M encounters.]

Base of Operations: Pan's doesn't really have a base of operations but currently is usually seen in the same basic area of Zatanna. Acting as a sort of Mentor to Zatanna, her current interest in this Justice League has made him an unofficial member as well.

Powers/Skills: Pan isn't just a meta-human using a Godly theme but a genuine ancient pagan God. Not as strong as he used to be, he does still have some important attributes inherent to Godhood. Most notably is that he has a rough form of Immortality, he doesn't age or get sick and if physically killed he will eventually resurrect. With limited ability to affect his appearance he can speak and understand any human language and can choose to appear to just be a normal if handsome mortal male to mortals.

As a God of Virility the most direct reflection of this aspect is supernaturally high male fertility and supernaturally effective sexual attraction pheromones, the most relevant aspect to the adventures of Wonder Woman and the Justice League is that this aspect also gives Pan the ability to heal himself and others by mere touch. The exact scope of his healing powers is unknown. Pan knows that in the old days he could go so far as to resurrect the fairly recently dead.

As the God of Nature, Pan displays such abilities as the ability to communicate with all living things, control over plant life, limited ability to manipulate the weather, and teleportation between natural settings. Exact limits of these powers are currently unknown but believed to be significantly weaker then they were in ancient Greece.

As the God of Music, Pan displays supernatural levels of skill in performing music, supernatural speed at learning to play musical instruments and/or arrangements, and with music as a focus it's theorized that he may be using Godly Will to manipulate the emotions of others. Or he could just be that good.

As the God of Shepherds, Pan is supposed to be able to lend protection and be connected to Shepherds and Shepherding/Animal Husbandry- but since the beginning of the modern age this aspect may be turning into a God of Superheroes aspect. What this means for Pan's abilities and nature is unknown.

Weaknesses: As a God, his abilities and even his very life is dependent on how much faith others have in him and how well connected he is to his aspects. Since the pagan Gods aren't really worshipped in any real numbers any more this means that his power is much weaker then it was in ancient times and the exact levels fluctuate wildly. As for his connection to his aspects he has to regularly immerse himself in them or conceivably he could die of the divine equivalent of starvation.

As for from his specific aspects- as the God of Virility methods and artefacts of birth control have an affect on Pan similar to holy water on a vampire if usually not as extreme. As the God of Nature he is sensitive to Pollution in a matter similar to Captain Planet. As the God of Music he feels physical pain at hearing music generated for reasons other then genuine artistic expression. The God of Shepherds/Superheroes seems to have no such weakness at present given how at flux it seems to be.

History: Pan's deep origins are tied in mystery. An ancient Greek God- some versions say his father was Hermes and his mother was a wood nymph. Other versions say that Pan is even older then Zeus, a nature spirit that became a God so that he could help the Gods in the Titan-God War. Whatever the origins, Pan became a member of the deep and rich mythology of the ancient Greeks as the God of Nature, Virility, Music, and Shepherds. A wild and hedonistic God mostly known for being the 'God of Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll' before there was a term for such a thing, he mostly spent his time drinking with Dionysis, having jam sessions with Apollo and Hermes, and sleeping around. In time, the faith in the old Gods faded and Pan would join his fellow Gods in their overall retreat to Olympus.

Pan however did have a bit of a stronger hold on the mortal plane then most of his fellow Gods and Goddesses. Also worshipped as 'The Horned God' in the Wiccan/Neo-Pagan religions and traditions, he could afford a few stronger glimpses and trips into the mortal plane. Not long really, as such things go, but longer then most Gods.

Things changed when the Amazons let themselves be known. An artefact of the old ways and the old Gods, just it being in the knowledge of mortals had suddenly strengthened some connections between Olympus and the mortal realm. Strong enough connections that Pan was able to come to the mortal realm, helping quietly when he can and to provide some level of guidance and mentoring to humanity as well as hopefully to use her fame to help restore Olympus.

Well, it sort of worked. Zatanna would be the first to get on the case. Within a week of each other 3 women, each in different hospitals in different states, gave birth to otherwise perfectly healthy and happy babies that had small nubs on their skulls that would eventually become horns. Over the next two weeks so would 5 more women across the country. A previously unheard of birth defect suddenly happening 8 times in 3 weeks- and about the same time that Star Labs would confirm that all of the Horn Babies had the same biological father, Zatanna would find out that all the Horn Babies had mystical potential far beyond that of mortal children. When a few of the new moms decided to confide with Zatanna that the father of their babies was 'just some guy' they met in a park or campground, the search would eventually lead to Zatanna finding Pan.

It's now been a little over a year with Pan's existence still being kept secret. More Horn Babies keep being born, but Horn Babies have all been happy and healthy and as far as anyone can tell can tell Pan uses nothing more then his natural 'animal magnetism' to get the women to sleep with him. What he's doing with his supernatural pheromones may be borderline creepy, but it's not like he's actively going out to mind control women or anything- nothing illegal is going on. And it does make some level of sense in that the demigods do establish a Faith-Base to help keep him in the mortal world. And it's not like the human race isn't getting anything out of the deal as a mentor who is thousands of years old helping with the mystical side of adventures- one with healing powers to boot! With the Justice League, Pan plays a sort of shadow-background role but a handy one of healer and information source on the mystical/supernatural side for the team. He does seem to genuinely hope for a better future for the human race, though whether that means the return of the old gods isn't exactly clear.

Activity: Mentoring Zatanna and other superheroes with a mystical bend to their abilities, avoiding responsibility, helping with environmental and social causes, fathering more bastard demigods.

Known Enemies: Ares, Responsibility, Pollution

Appearance:
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Jmorty33

Sorry guys my character is going it be awhile. I'm going on vacation. I'll have him up in two weeks.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

AribethAmkiir

Interesting TheVillain.  Is Pan an actual DC character?  I would never have guessed.