Justice League Reboot

Started by VoluptuousVixen, June 10, 2012, 07:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

Pan has showed up in Wonder Woman stories occasionally, though I think last time was in the 80's. So, yes and no. :P
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Ghostraven

Pan looks interesting, although he almost a little less than Heroic almost more of a villain with his own agenda.  :P

There are a lot of us. I’d guess that we would have to be dived up in some fashion just to be manageable. I would have to guess that there would need to be at least two threads one for Gotham and one for Metropolis with ‘teams’ for each.  I can see a third thread for missions. I’d think that it would get too confusing if we had many more game threads.

TTYL

Ghostraven

TheVillain

I'm not sure Pan actually has an agenda, too be honest. Knows people who do and his actions would benefit, maybe. :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Ghostraven on June 17, 2012, 09:25:59 AM
Pan looks interesting, although he almost a little less than Heroic almost more of a villain with his own agenda.  :P

There are a lot of us. I’d guess that we would have to be dived up in some fashion just to be manageable. I would have to guess that there would need to be at least two threads one for Gotham and one for Metropolis with ‘teams’ for each.  I can see a third thread for missions. I’d think that it would get too confusing if we had many more game threads.

TTYL

Ghostraven

My suggestion for game threads would be Metropolis, Gotham, Mission thread 1, mission thread 2, and the Hall of Justice/Watchtower.

Not all of them would need to be active at once, but it would allow for people to have their own story in Gotham, while others had a mission in South American and yet other characters hung out and monitored the situation in the Hall/Tower.   *shrugs*

Ghostraven

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on June 17, 2012, 09:37:03 AM
My suggestion for game threads would be Metropolis, Gotham, Mission thread 1, mission thread 2, and the Hall of Justice/Watchtower.

Not all of them would need to be active at once, but it would allow for people to have their own story in Gotham, while others had a mission in South American and yet other characters hung out and monitored the situation in the Hall/Tower.   *shrugs*

That makes sense I had figured on one mission thread with various 'mission teams' pulled from Gotham or Metropolis, while the others did other things in their respective cities. But I can see there being more than one mission thread and the watchtower as well.

TTYL

Ghostraven

JDrew Spider

Batman always said he was a "part-timer", guess he was serious about that.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

AribethAmkiir

Interesting to learn that Superman wasn't an original founder either.

VoluptuousVixen

Hey All.

I changed my mind and im playing Both Wonder-Woman and lois lane as two seperate characters.
Lois will be acting as the groups "Oracle".

The original Jutice league was Wonder-Woman, Green lantern (john Stewart), the Flash (Wally West), Aqua-Man and martain manhunter. The offerd a spot to Batman but he declined. And Superman has yet to be introduced into the timsestream.

I agree we need two seperate teams. im thinking that Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, Zatanna, Pan, Captain marvel, Black Canary and Etrigen will foarm a new justice league.

The old team. Wonder-Woman, Flash (when we get him in two weeks), Green lantern, and Raven (Lanterns girlfriend?)
Will foarm a secondary team as they attempt to finde the dying Martain Manhunter.
im also trying to convinvce a friend to play Aqua-Man for us.

Thoughts?

What Threat could bring a new league together?
Also Lex luthor is a recently elected president of the united States. Hehe.

TheVillain

Well if that's our Wonder Woman I think it would be better if I tweeked Pan a bit. Mostly to attach him to Aribeth's Zatanna instead. Same deal otherwise, he's sort of a mentor figure who tries to downplay his existence a bit.

KiralaShai

Quote from: loislanekent on June 17, 2012, 04:48:22 PM
Hey All.

I agree we need two seperate teams. im thinking that Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, Zatanna, Pan, Captain marvel, Black Canary and Etrigen will foarm a new justice league.

The old team. Wonder-Woman, Flash (when we get him in two weeks), Green lantern, and Raven (Lanterns girlfriend?)
Will foarm a secondary team as they attempt to finde the dying Martain Manhunter.
im also trying to convinvce a friend to play Aqua-Man for us.

Thoughts?

What Threat could bring a new league together?
Also Lex luthor is a recently elected president of the united States. Hehe.

I like the idea of two teams, seeing as we have enough people, It might help keep things organized and get plots ready just in case we ever join the two teams together.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: loislanekent on June 17, 2012, 04:32:53 PM
Weaknesses: Diana is extremely resistant to blunt force attacks and has a vast tolerance for pain. Pressures, the vacuum of space, extreme heat and cold don't seem to faze her. And she can heal at a meta-human rate. However, Wonder Woman is somewhat vulnerable to piercing weapons, such as projectiles. Rifle or top notch machine-gun fire can cause bruising to slight penetration wounds, WHEN NOT blocked by her bracelets. Knives and swords of magical nature, as well as the attacker, will only cause pain and maybe, a temporary cut. Given her vast strength, it would be obvious that piercing weapons such as bullets, may penetrate her skin, but not her muscle tissue. Over the years, there have some inconsistencies in this weakness. She has been shown to be greatly weak against these forms of weaponry, and at other times has been able to ignore the impact. It should be noted that as she spends more time in Man's world, she becomes more powerful.

These are weaknesses???

Is it possible to know if we're just looking for characters who are as ridiculously powerful as possible?  Being all powerful doesn't make a character interesting or even fun to interact with.  I have to say I liked the old concept better.

If the Justice League has already beaten Darkseid with just 5 of them, there's really no one I know of that can top that, except for possibly Braniac.  That leaves very little room for a story.  There's a reason the JLU animated series saved the Apocalypse Invasion for their Series Finale.

FragarachZ

I have to agree with our Lady Aribeth above. If we're taking characters who are godlike and invincible, there is little to challange them. Now, (I know Etrigan is a powerhouse himself but I felt his broad range of weaknesses justified that, espcially being able to be controlled by his foes. Thinking about it, it would make things that much more interesting.)

I do like the idea of Lois Lane becoming oracle. Somehow that role just fits her in my mind :)

I thought there would be no prior justice league before the start of the story, but I'm fine with the formation of a new team. If not an invasion, then perhaps an band of villains has come together to take down the heroes they were fighting one by one, ambushing them with joint forces, their operation kept secret by President Luthor? Whatever the case, the missing heroes could be explained by falling to the initial attacks of this new threat, or never have been born in this universe at all.

Also, would anyone like to team up with Jason/Etrigan at (or even before) the start? Since he can roam free every now and then, he probably draws some attention.
O&O

TheVillain

Your new Wondy is pretty overwhelming. Near-Flash speed, regeneration, possibly greater then Supe level strength, etc. At least Pan had a good reason for Godlike power, and I made sure to give him some very debilitating weaknesses. You can bring him to his knees with a Justin Beiber tape for crying out loud.

I also like Lois for Oracle though. What if you used the old Wondy power write up with the re-write origin, how does that sound?

Ghostraven

I like Lois Lane as Oracle; its a neat change on the character.

I have to agree though that WW seems to be as powerful as Superman if not more. Which I suppose could be alright if the plan is to not have a Superman in this world and if WW is more of a story character. But even Superman has a weakness to magic and kryptonite; WW doesn't.

I was wondering if it made sens for the magic themed characters to all be drawn together by something which in turn than causes the other heroes to be drawn to them as well.
With Lex as President that seems to beg for some Cadmus based plot to give Lex even more power.

TTYL

Ghostraven

LunarSage

Well remember this isn't a system game, so power level should mean less than the RP. 

I don't remember WW being that fast in the cartoon, but I'm not a DC buff, so who knows.  Power levels in any superhero comic do tend to vary, though.  Look at Avengers.  In a game like that it'd be up to the GM to keep things interesting for both Thor and Hawkeye, despite their difference in power being enormous.  Weaknesses are good, though I think.  I think I gave CM pretty good weaknesses from an RP standpoint, despite his powers.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

JDrew Spider

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on June 18, 2012, 12:18:15 AM
These are weaknesses???

Is it possible to know if we're just looking for characters who are as ridiculously powerful as possible?  Being all powerful doesn't make a character interesting or even fun to interact with.  I have to say I liked the old concept better.

If the Justice League has already beaten Darkseid with just 5 of them, there's really no one I know of that can top that, except for possibly Braniac.  That leaves very little room for a story.  There's a reason the JLU animated series saved the Apocalypse Invasion for their Series Finale.

LMAO!...I lol'd this, but I agree with her.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 17, 2012, 10:13:56 AM
Batman always said he was a "part-timer", guess he was serious about that.

Well Batman has usually had an ambiguous relationship with the League. Both in comics and the cartoon.
I rather enjoy the fact his focus seems to remain on Gotham, it's environments and the 'Batfamily'. While at the same time he acknowledges the need for a league but remains highly sceptic about it's power, modus operandi and the risks entailed. 'Doom' portrayed it nicely.

:p my (re)interpretation just has gone a step further in paranoia and cynicism ;)

LunarSage

...and Batman: Arkham Asylum and City are all kinds of awesome.  They got me to appreciate Batman in a whole new light. 

I still don't think he could take Galactus and God with one hand tied behind his back, though.   ;)

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: LunarSage on June 18, 2012, 10:22:53 AM
...and Batman: Arkham Asylum and City are all kinds of awesome.  They got me to appreciate Batman in a whole new light. 

I still don't think he could take Galactus and God with one hand tied behind his back, though.   ;)

He wouldn't be so cool if he could. DC is filled with 'power'houses supers-wise. Batman tends to bring a set of skills to the table that is far rarer and just as usual given the stuff superhero groups bump into.

LunarSage

I agree.  However, you're always bound to find the "if he had enough prep time, Batman can defeat anything" fans, especially online.  I like this cartoon in particular.  :-)

Do we even have an OOC thread yet?

Darthvegeta800

Quote from: LunarSage on June 18, 2012, 11:18:22 AM
I agree.  However, you're always bound to find the "if he had enough prep time, Batman can defeat anything" fans, especially online.  I like this cartoon in particular.  :-)

Do we even have an OOC thread yet?

Well given preparation time Superman is almost the easiest person to beat. Batman just needs to open his vault and pick out the krypton ring.
Btw for something that's supposed to be super rare... there seem to be a lot of kryptonite around...

But yeah if you need something too strong for everyone else beaten into dust you go to Superman. If you need to outsmart the thing that can beat Superman into dust, you go to Batman.
And for everything in between those 2 things you have GL or WW :p

I actually know that comic it's quite funny :)

VoluptuousVixen

canwe use this as the OOC group until the weekend, im working 13 hour days this week. its gonna be tough. xxx

VoluptuousVixen

BTW I lifed Wonder Womans bio form DC wiki, so im not GOd(ess) modding. Its all on wiki, infact I actully pulled it back.
She cna die and is subject ot magic and even brunt force, a kryptonain could take her down, ore a man with insane interlect like Batman.

Anyway.

Im thinking mount Justice was the Leagues first base.
The Watchtower in Metropolis shall be the "New" teams base.
And I think Superman has YET to be introduced to the public?
Kryptonians are race conquiring bastards in this universe.
However Kal-EL was raised by the loveing Kents and went the other way.
So at Sum stage I see a kryptonian invasion storyline happenig.

Thoughts?
il set up an OOC page soon I promise. xxx

TheVillain

So, like the Vulmerites in Invincible? I can dig it. Heh.

LunarSage

I haven't heard anything from cclayjr, so I don't even know if I'm in with Captain Marvel... but assuming I am, are we going to say he's already a member of the JL?