News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Justice League Reboot

Started by VoluptuousVixen, June 10, 2012, 07:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

I am still planning to play Zatanna for this.

FragarachZ

Still interested, just hope this starts anytime soon.
O&O

TheVillain

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Ghostraven

Raven's still ready to go.  :-)

RedEve

Quote from: loislanekent on June 10, 2012, 07:33:58 AM
Hey Guys, Ive spoken to some of you allready about a potential Justice league Reboot.
But we start again and create our own universe. Im just intrested at this stage to talk about ideas and get feedback.
My Dilema is weather to have Lois Lane as wonder woman in this universe? And to say that she found the goldern lasso and was given the power of the Gods?

Ore to play both women as seperate chars.

I figure if we put a twist on the characters and make them our own.
What changes would you make to youre characters?

My 2 cents: Diana Prince is too great a character on her own to merge her with Lois Lane.

Out of personal interest, which canon characters are still unclaimed?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Iblis121

Don't worry. I'm pretty sure Lois Lane is going to be an NPC.

Also..it'd probably be easier to just tell you which characters have already been claimed xD. Luckily, I have everyone's profiles tucked away all neat on my computer. Alright, we've got...

Batman
Black Canary
Captain Marvel
Etrigan
Green Arrow
Huntress
Green Lantern John Stewart
Raven
A female Robin
Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Pan

Mr. Freeze is set to show up as one of the initial threats, played by TheVillian, as well as Klarion the Witchboy, though I'm not sure who'll be playing him. Bane MAY show up as a third threat played by me, but I haven't decided yet. loislanekent and I are going to discuss the game a bit later, as it seriously needs to be brought off the ground lol.

RedEve

Damn, Huntress and Wonder Woman are both claimed...

Iblis121

Yep :[ Though there are a lot of heroes in the DC Universe. Maybe you'd be interested in playing someone else..?

RedEve

Would Power Girl fit into this game?

Iblis121

Well, I don't see why not. Nobody's claimed her, so there shouldn't be an issue.

Sephiriel

Raises hand...so is this really going to start?

Iblis121

Hopefully soon, yes. I'm acting as Co-GM, but I need to make sure everything's on the up-and-up with loislanekent before this thing gets started. We're going to be talking about things later today.

RedEve

Superhero/villain: Power Girl
Sexual Orientation: straight
Base of Operations: Earth, Metropolis
Powers/Skills:
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Speed
Superhuman Endurance
Superhuman Agility
Healing Factor
Superhuman Hearing
Freeze Breath
Telescopic Vision
Microscopic Vision
Heat Vision
X-Ray Vision
Invulnerability
Flight

Weaknesses:
Loss of powers when in close proximity to Kryptonite

History:
Kara Zor-L was born on the Earth-Two version of the planet of Krypton.

When Kara's father, Zor-L, was disgraced and outcast from the Kryptonian elite, he and his wife decided to try and give their newborn child a chance at a better life someplace else. Hence he placed his infant daughter on a spaceship and shot it towards Earth. Kara’s ship traveled slowly, and resulted in Kara arriving on Earth only decades later. Kara’s ship was called the Symbioship and it was designed to keep her in a stasis mode during her flight to Earth. To ensure that Kara's mental development kept pace with her physical growth, the ship provided her with a virtual reality that gave her life experiences and education as if she had grown up on Krypton rather than in stasis. During her long journey through space, she was able to interact with virtual copies of her parents and friends in her home city of Kandor.

When Kara's ship finally arrived on Earth, she was in her early twenties. At first the adjustment was abrupt and complicated, but eventually she managed to pass herself off as a regular earthling under the identity of Karen Starr. She enrolled at university and spent a few semesters living a regular life. Shortly afterward, Kara set forth on Earth-Two to become the heroine known as Power Girl.

Activity: Her recent crime fighting activities have taken her all over the world, but her home and base of operations is Metropolis.
Known Enemies: Lex Luthor, Psycho-Pirate
Appearance:

Iblis121

My only worry about Power Girl is that in this reboot Superman hasn't arrived yet and the Kryptonians are much different.

It shouldn't be much of a problem, but I'll talk to loislanekent about Power Girl and see if anything needs to be changed.

RedEve

Quote from: Iblis121 on July 15, 2012, 10:33:05 AM
My only worry about Power Girl is that in this reboot Superman hasn't arrived yet and the Kryptonians are much different.

Hence why I initially asked if she would fit into this game...

Iblis121

Well, than I suppose that was my mistake and I apologize.

I'm still going to check in with loislanekent.

BlackestKnight

Superhero/villain: Aqualad
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Base of Operations: Earth, Happy Harbor
Appearance:

Powers/Skills:

Powers
Magic: Before becoming Aquaman's sidekick, Aqualad was trained in the mystical arts by Queen Mera. While he was in the top class along with  Tula, his skills have fallen somewhat behind those of Tula and Garth due to focusing his studies as a hero, but his water-bearers compensate somewhat.
Electricity generation: He has the power to generate electricity from the eel tattoos on his arms, which he can channel through water or use as a direct offense against opponents.
Hydrokinesis: Aqualad is able to manipulate water to serve any number of uses, e.g. water blasts, whips, waves, shields, or water spouts to lift him into the air. He can manipulate water from a nearby source, like fire hydrants, lakes, etc. or his waterpack. His water blasts are capable of slicing through metal and other materials.
Hard-Water Constructs: Aqualad has the unique ability to solidify water into a myriad of different weapons for physical attacks. So far he has created swords, maces, sledgehammers, a small shield, and a large eel. This ability, like his hydrokinesis and electricity generation, is powered by his eel tattoos.

Physical
Superhuman Strength: As an Atlantean, he possesses superhuman strength, as he was able to punch through solid concrete.
Enhanced Durability: Most likely due to his Atlantean blood, he is able to sustain multiple blows from both Superboy and Blockbuster without tiring. This also allows him to withstand high water pressure.
Toxin resistance: Aqualad has a partial immunity to poisons of sea creatures, such as jellyfish toxin.
Superspeed Swimming: Aqualad's strength plus webbed hands and feet give him above average swimming speeds.
Underwater Breathing: Aqualad has the ability to breathe in water through the gill slits found on either side of his neck.
Expert hand-to-hand combatant: Aqualad is extremly skilled in combat able to fight with Cheshire alone. In 2016 his skills seem to have improved incredibly as he could take down Superboy with no effort.
Mental
Multilingual: Aqualad can speak Atlantean and English.[5] Likely as an extension of his home language, he has some fluency in Ancient Greek and Modern Greek.[/pre]

Weaknesses

Dehydration: because his natural habitat is underwater, Aqualad is weakened when exposed to high temperatures[33] and dry conditions.[29]

Equipment
Waterpack: A black metallic backpack that holds an unspecified amount of water that Aqualad can use. It also holds his Water-Bearers.
Water-Bearers: Twin hilts that can hold onto water which Aqualad then uses to create his hard-water weapons. They are also used as a type of water gun to shoot water from his waterpack and can be used to help manipulate sources of water.
Stealth-tech: Technology that is integrated into a piece of clothing and can shift the color of that clothing from the original color to a darker color. Aqualad can access it by pressing the "A" belt buckle on his waist, his "blend" color is dark gray/blue and green.
Black Manta armor: After defecting from the team, he joined his father and received an armor like Manta's. It has a laser blast in the helmet, and a rocket launcher.

History:
Kaldur’ahm aka Aqualad is the Protege of Aquaman the King of Atlantis. He is the son the villain Black Manta and an Atlantean mother known as Sha'lain'a. He was raised by her and his step-father Cal Durham, of who is name after. He possesses black, eel-like tattoos that run across his back and along his arms and glow a bright blue when using his powers.

Aqualad's powers are somehow due to a mixture of Atlantean science and sorcery. He serves as Aquaman's teen sidekick, and tries to join the Justice League, but wound up forming his own team when they refused to give him a full membership.

Known Enemies: Black Manta, Ocean Master

Rex Pacis

Hello there, everyone. I've actually been interested in this since this thread was made but turned away for my own reasons. My interest has gotten the better of me now but unfortunately life is hectic for me too at the moment so I don't want to commit to anything just yet especially since my idea might not even be usable. So I guess I'll start with that.

I think you had someone claim Supes on the first page but I haven't seen him post since so I figured I would throw my idea out there to see what you think and for him to use if he comes back and so chooses.

I recently started actually reading comics, mostly Geoff Johns GL, so I think I'm in the same boat as some people where my knowledge of actual lore is limited. I haven't read Flashpoint, that was supposed to be the setup for the New 52 or something, but I had read something about it being a universe where heroes did not exist or something like that. I had seen this thing where they give you a little insight on Flashpoint Superman. 

http://comicbook.com/files/2011/07/flashpoint-superman-costume.jpg

Think he was kept underground or something so never developed his powers and that is where my idea comes from. I want to take the most overpowered character in comics and take those powers away. Maybe he'll start with super strength or invulnerability and learn about the rest from there. Haven't given much thought to history but right now the thought that pops into my head is that he was a homebody or something, who almost never went out and as such his Kryptonian body did not absorb the energy it needed and he never learned about his powers until one fateful meeting with the newly formed Justice League. We know Superman but I feel like seeing more of that Non-Super part myself.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

JDrew Spider

Oh my gawd Kal Dur!!!

And has this started yet?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

AribethAmkiir

he's yummy, isn't he?

And no JD this hasn't begun yet.  Hopefully soon.  Iblis is working diligently on it.

Josietta

Lois sent me  PM about playing Supergirl as I was interested in such in the last game but it kind of fizzled out.

If its still open to me I'd like to take it up now that I'm mostly caught up on things. ;)

Lunar is away on vacation until the 31st and has no internet connection however I am sure he is still interested.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Iblis121

Hey, Josietta :] Good to see ya.

Uhm, we've got a Power Girl, but we may be able to accommodate a Super Girl, as well.

Did Lois tell you about the Kryptonians in this RP, though?

Josietta

Quote from: Iblis121 on July 18, 2012, 01:03:53 AM
Hey, Josietta :] Good to see ya.

Uhm, we've got a Power Girl, but we may be able to accommodate a Super Girl, as well.

Did Lois tell you about the Kryptonians in this RP, though?

oh.. well no she didn't mention Power Girl either.  :-\

S'okay. I don't wanna step on toes or anything. Maybe another time. Thanks though. :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Iblis121

Quote from: Josietta on July 18, 2012, 01:41:30 AM
oh.. well no she didn't mention Power Girl either.  :-\

S'okay. I don't wanna step on toes or anything. Maybe another time. Thanks though. :)

Awww. Well, okay. If there's ever another character you want to play, we'll be here xD

Fetwick

Depending on response from Lois, I might be playing one of three different heroes, with a lean towards The Question. And then I'll post a bio and what not.

I'm Fetwick btw, nice to meet ya!