Justice League Reboot

Started by VoluptuousVixen, June 10, 2012, 07:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoluptuousVixen

Hey Guys, Ive spoken to some of you allready about a potential Justice league Reboot.
But we start again and create our own universe. Im just intrested at this stage to talk about ideas and get feedback.
My Dilema is weather to have Lois Lane as wonder woman in this universe? And to say that she found the goldern lasso and was given the power of the Gods?

Ore to play both women as seperate chars.

I figure if we put a twist on the characters and make them our own.
What changes would you make to youre characters?

Raziel

well you know I'm in with c.k :P

Arkaniel

I would be interested in playing one of the Endless, Death, but as a male? He would obviously have a lot of power, because of his function, but to move about in the mortal realm, he is a lot more limited?

I can also play either a more militaristic Green Lantern (Hal or Kyle) or an OC Green Lantern.

I would also be interested in playing a Wizard, perhaps a companion/partner to Zatanna?

I would love to do a DC-incarnations of Spiderman, based lightly on Ultimate Spiderman but older and a completely reincarnation in DC then.

Are any of these allowed?

VoluptuousVixen

Arkaniel, no crosovers with Marvel. However Death as a character could be a revision of DeadMan.
The Green Lantern in this verse is John Stewart and he is allready claimed.

Aqua-Man, Hawkman, The Atom, Mr Terrific, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Captain Marvel are all Free.

Arkaniel

Oh, sorry. None of those interest me.

JDrew Spider

*pops in*

Don't mind me, just observing. :)
So this is basically a Alternate Universe of DC? Or A what if version?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

JerichoMyers

I wouldn't mind portraying Blue Beetle as mildly villainous. Instead of controlling the scarab, the scarab is slowly taking over the host.

Darthvegeta800

If this gets of the ground I wouldn't mind playing Batman.
Perhaps one a bit akin to the one that pops up in the CGI movie of DC Universe Online.
A battlescarred one that due to some reason or other lost an arm and an eye. Allowing to further emphasize the reliance on technology. And naturally give him a reason to be even more brooding and dark, perhaps because the same event that cost him his arm killed one of the Robins, Talia or someone else close to him?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Jmorty33

I'm up for playing Wally West.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Sephiriel

While at first I wanted to play Catwoman with a twist, I'm in with Talia al Ghul as the Huntress  :o
CLICKY

PirateGirl

I'd like to play Starfire. :)

Jmorty33

Oh I think I'd like to take Red Robin if you don't mind people taking on multiple characters.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

FragarachZ

I'd be interested in taking the role of Jason Blood/Etrigan, in a manner where they work together instead of against each other, and side with the JL. Of course only if there is still space for a rhyming bad good guy.

O&O

KiralaShai

I wouldn't mind playing a sidekick, female Robin, maybe?

VoluptuousVixen

Wow. Alot of intrest that I wasn`t expecting, which is allways cool.

Well personally im takeing Both Wonder-Woman and Lois Lane.
Blue Beetle, Batman, The Flash, Starfire, Etrigan, Huntress.

Just to be Clear,
No Teen Titans/Young Justice/Outsiders teams currently exist.
This will be about the formation of the Justice League.

A Female Robin is fine with me if disussed with Batmans player.

Iblis121

Hey all :]

I might hope in this as Green Arrow. He'll be a little younger, and his origin will be SLIGHTLY altered. Slightly.

I'm still deciding, though. I'm no stranger to the DC Universe, but there's a lot I don't know.

Ghostraven

Hello,
I'll play Raven; probably as a mix form the comics and the TV show.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Gannameade

I will be GL - But I would also like to play a different version of Captain Marvel as well.  Would like to make him African-american!

Already have one actually.  Wrote a story long time ago wanted to bring it back to life.

VoluptuousVixen

So it is looking like everyone wants to put their own spin of their characters. Which personally im totally down with.
The more outlandish you want youre characters to be the better. Just to be clear, the Justice League has not foarmed at this stage.
No Super-powerd teams are currently Active:
Here is an example of the Bio foarmat.
Do you guys want to start posting them here?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Superhero/villain:
Base of Operations:
Powers/Skills:
Weaknesses:
History:
Activity: (What they have been doing lately)
Known Enemies: (Youre own personal Lex luthor ore Joker)
Appearance: (one photo and one comic Image)

FragarachZ

Okay, I'll give this a try. (Had to separate the bio format as Jason and Etrigan are 2 different entities)

Superhero/villain: Jason Blood
Age: He dates back at least to Camelot, where is he was merged with the demon. This made him immortal, though he could still be killed in human form.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Base of Operations: Gotham City
Powers/Skills: Martial arts, Ritual casting, Partial transformation and telepathic link to Etrigan, Transformation into Etrigan
Weaknesses: Switching places with the demon sends Jason to hell, and the transformation process takes a toll on his body. Furthermore, his transformation can also be triggered from the outside, by reciting the necessary words of power to him. Furthermore, his long life is part of his curse. Should he and the demon get seperated, he would start aging rapidly.
History: An accomplished historian and demonologist, Jason only recently uncovered the truth about his past. He is in fact one of Merlin's servants, and at the fall of Camelot, Merlin bound his half-brother, the demon Etrigan to him. Etrigan manipulated him troughout the centuries, until Jason became conscious of the demon's existence by regaining some of his memories. When a demon-worshipping cult captured him and forced him to transform, they mistook his recitation of the transforming spell for a curse and killed him halfway through the process. However, since he was half Etrigan when he died, the demon's regenerative powers saved him, what's more, a telepathic link was formed between them. Battling for control, they finally realized that both their interests are served if they cooperate. Because of this 'death', Jason gained the ability to assume a half-transformed state, giving himself a boost of physical powers, and gain a limited regeneration, so he is not entirely dependent on switching places with the demon. With his knowledge of the occult, and some of his memories returned, Blood can also cast magical rituals and wards, with necessary preparation and materials.

Superhero/villain: Etrigan
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Base of Operations: Hell/Gotham city
Powers/Skills: Superior physical qualities, Hellfire, Nigh-invulnerability, Regeneration, Sorcery
Weaknesses: Has all the weaknesses that demons possess: vulnerable to iron and holy magic, can be summoned and bound by powerful spellcasters, can be banished by reciting the according poem.
History: A demon from hell, originally summoned by his half-brother Merlin to aid in the defense of Camelot, Etrigan was bound to the human Jason Blood. After many centuries, he was released onto Earth once more by reciting his summoning poem. He is a Rhyming Demon, a high rank in Hell's armies, and he speaks entirely in rhyme. When Jason was killed switching places with him, their newformed bond gave him a new form of hellfire, one that could not harm those with a good heart, but burned all that was vile. He agreed to work with the human, finding the change of pace interesting (or so he claims), and recieving some measure of freedom to move around on Earth.

Activity:  They plot together against the elusive and treacherous Merlin, who cursed them. Also,  as part of their agreement, Jason will let Etrigan roam free from time to time, on the conditions he doesn't harm innocents.  Still, the demon has a violent nature and as a self-proclaimed 'good guy from hell' hunts down villains, sometimes crossing paths with other heroes (leaving a strange first impression).
Jason on the otherhand, no longer haunted or controlled by an external force, is glad to be able to lead his own life for once, even if it means letting his inner demon loose from time to time.
Known Enemies: Merlin, Morgan LeFay, Klarion the Witch-boy
Appearance:

O&O

Neysha

I'm expressing a possible interest in this. Not sure yet what character I'd like to reimagine but I'll ponder what best fits this RP.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Ghostraven

Ok; here is Raven's write up. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

I left out Brother Blood since she’s not been on Earth that long. So he could appear at some point in the game to menace Raven.

Superhero: Raven
Aliases: Rae, The Gem
Place of Origin: Azarath
Residence: Jump City, Azarath
Species: Inter-dimensional half-human, half-demon
Affiliations: None
Family: Trigon (father), Arella (mother), Monks of Azarath (guardians)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (Switch)
Base of Operations: Jump City, Metropolis

Powers:

• Soul-Self: Raven can manifest her "Soul-Self" through astral projection. It normally takes the form a raven ranging from a normal raven size to gargantuan sized projections. Her Soul-Self is also the source of most of her powers.
  • Astral Projection: Through the use of her soul-self, Raven can project her consciousness into her own and other minds, for therapeutic purposes (to aid in her own meditation, or to help calm an agitated ally), or for offensive attacks, rendering her enemies unconscious (Emotion Projection/Theft).
  • Empathy: Mystical/Psionic ability of empathy, the power to sense emotions, enabling her to feel the feelings of others she can sense emotions at a distance but unless unusually strong she generally needs to be in close proximity (~20 feet) to read someone’s emotional state.
  • Emotion Projection/Theft: She can also use her empathy to steal emotions selectively or totally from others, rendering them emotionally "numb" or project a desired emotion on another making them feel that particular emotion or if she projects 'all' emotions it usually results in mental/emotional overload and unconscious. She usually needs to touch or be in very close proximity (~5 feet) to impart or steal emotions to another; touch makes her emotions manipulation far more potent.
  • Empathic Healing: She can absorb the pain of injured people to ease their suffering, and induce rapid healing in herself as well as others.
  • Teleportation: It also serves as a way to travel into other dimensions. Using her soul-self, she can teleport herself and others over vast distances; though not always without consequences to herself or those she’s transporting. She is currently reluctant to take others with her as her darkside can attack those traveling with her.
  • Telekinesis: Raven demonstrates this ability most often, levitating boxes, buses, and other inanimate objects in battle, all fully enshrouded in her dark mystical shadow.
  • Dark Energy Constructs: Raven can make a variety of energy constructs from her dark mystical shadow, ranging from shields (usually dome-shaped) to platforms to claws to bolts, her constructs are temporary and subject to her will. Raven’s shields have an extremely high degree of invulnerability to damage from nearly any kind of assault, be it physical or energy-based in nature. Her shields apparently absorb whatever impacts them and on occasions she has had to "purge" large amounts of mass that were absorbed by her shield she does not seem to have this limitation with energy.
  • Flight: Raven is capable of slow (~50 mph) flight. She can hover and has her normal agility while flying.
  • Magic: Because of her demonic heritage and mystical upbringing Raven demonstrates a natural power and ability to use magic. As such she is capable of casting spells and incantations of various levels, cast curses and use a wide variety of magical artifacts. She is also capable of but not practiced in ritual casting.
  • Above-Average Physical Condition: Though not the most physically talented, Raven has received at least some degree of physical training and demonstrates reasonable human physical capabilities. Raven has the strength of a woman her age who engages in moderate regular exercise but her demonic heritage seems to grant her more than human endurance and stamina.

Weaknesses:
  • Emotional Restraint: Raven's main weakness is letting go of her emotions, particularly anger and other ‘dark’ emotions. Anger in particular gives her darkside the power that it needs to push to the surface and subvert raven into a creature of wanton destruction and chaos. Certain magic spells and even powerful chaos magical items can feed her darker half and let it influence her actions more and more.
  • Power Mantra: Another weakness is her dependence on her main power mantra to invoke her abilities. If she is gaged, or otherwise prevented from speaking she cannot invoke magic and she cannot connect with her powers. Her demonic side doesn’t have this limitation.

Appearance with costume:

Appearance without costume:

History:
Raven is the half breed daughter of a human witch named Arella and the inter-dimensional demon Trigon. She grew up in the alternate dimension of Azarath where she was taught to "control her emotions" by the monks of Azar, to suppress her inherited demonic powers. During her time in Azarath, Raven rarely saw her mother and currently has no idea of her current whereabouts.
Soon after her 18th birthday, and despite the best efforts of the monks, Raven learned of her demonic heritage when she met her father face to face for the first time. She also learned that he planned to destroy Azarath; Raven vowed to stop him.
Unknown to everyone else, except perhaps Azar, Raven knew that she was the key to her father being able to invade Azarath. Determined to stop him she began searching in the libraries of the temple for any lore regarding her father. Despite her training she could sense her Father's power growing stronger every day as his inevitable approach dew closer; her own dark side was becoming harder to keep under control. Afraid of what she might do to her friends to her adoptive family and the entire dimension, Raven decided to flee Azarath for Earth.
Earth was where her mother was from and where her research indicated that powerful wizards and heroes resided; heroes who might help her defeat her demonic father. She has spent the last few months on earth seeking out any additional lore about her dark father, hoping to find a way to defeat him permanently and sever his influence over her as well as his threat to Azarath and Earth.

Unknown to Raven is the fact that her father planned for her to flee to Earth all along…

Equipment:
•   Raven's Mirror (Enchanted silver hand mirror that Raven uses to help control her darkside)
•   Book of Azar [The Tome of Keys](An ancient mystical book from Azarath that serves as a link back to that realm)

Known Enemies:
•   Trigon

VoluptuousVixen

Iblis121

I've been working on mine for a while, actually. I hope it comes out well.

KiralaShai

I'm waiting for Batman and the Huntress to post theirs before I do mine.