The Beast Below [M lf F, Fantasy, NC, Pathfinder]

Started by TheVillain, February 27, 2015, 11:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiraMirror

This is what I meant by Guided, by the by:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapons-non-core/weapon-property---guided

+1 bonus on a weapon, special property.

It basically lets you use Wisdom in place of Strength for attack rolls/damage rolls with whatever weapon it's on (or on an Amulet of Mighty Fists, for your unarmed strikes).

The issue with it is that the closest enhancement (Agile), only lets you do that if you take the Weapon Finesse feat, and therefore only works on Finesseable weapons, but there's nothing like that for Wisdom. Unarmed strikes can be finessed, though...So actually, Agile might work just fine for that...

I'll admit that I'm feeling iffy about this character just because I'm likely to get K.O.ed easily since I can't dodge jack at the moment. Suffering from the same issue as a monk, currently.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

TheVillain

3.5 material in itself isn't, but converted 3.5 stuff is which isn't hard to do if I recall. Apologies Ton.

And going to say no on Guided. At least Agile has a feat.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

MiraMirror

Yeah, I think I might just settle on dropping Pummeling Style, take Weapon Finesse, and deal with having crap damage in the hopes that I can get something with Agile at some point. I'll suffer early on, but it's better than the current state of blugh stat spread, I think. Really can't wait until PF Unchained reworks the monk, to be honest. Sorry for asking so much. >.<;
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: TheVillain on March 11, 2015, 12:21:00 AM
3.5 material in itself isn't, but converted 3.5 stuff is which isn't hard to do if I recall. Apologies Ton.

And going to say no on Guided. At least Agile has a feat.

Of course.  I usually don't even consider the translation between the two because it is just so simple.  I usually have something very specific in mind when I ask; normally something that simply can't be duplicated in Pathfinder (Like the Warlock/Dragonfire Adept, Artificer, Warshaper, Changeling, etc).  This time though...  I'm just not sure yet. 
Coming soon...

Blinkin

What about the character sheet that I sent to you and posted isn't completed? It's here.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

Many hugs for Ithnuul.  I hope you feel better soon. 

Villain, I sent you a sheet for Sweetwater in reply 53, here.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224417.msg11039591#msg11039591

If you don't like her I'm happy to pull someone else. (Probably someone with  healing ability given our group spread.)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

rikka

Khaeala (Character Sheet)

Appearance

Description:

Khaeala possesses fine coppery skin tone that is unblemished thanks to her predominant stay indoors and when she does goes out she protects herself with dark heavy cloaks or robes.  She has a pair of aquamarine eyes that sparkle like jewels in the middle of a grainy desert. Her luscious black hair gives out a steely glint under any light conditions. 

Her slight form sports an ample bosom, and is supported by strong and wide hips and by firm legs.  In spite of all that, she moves with such grace and strength like the wind in the desert.

She typically wears the standard outfit all female temple guards wear – a white leotard-like garb with translucent loincloth coverings, which not only accentuates their sensuality but allows a freer and flexible mobility when engaging opponents.  Of course she has enough sense of decency to cover it with a heavy cloak or robes so as not to attract undue attention.

Personality:

Khaeala can be both serious and sensual.  She takes her devotion with Shelyn’s tenets with great pride but tends to follow only those that suit her.  She sees beauty as superficial and should be appreciated and enjoyed while it lasts; to her there is little distinction between love and lust although she does not go all out in wanton pleasures and has very discriminating tastes and criteria before involving with someone.  She is biased and hates all things seen as ugly attributing them to evil at least having the misfortune of being touched by evil, though those obviously both ugly and evil would receive her wrath.

While she can strike a normal conversation with those of her order she tends to be quite with strangers or those she knows little of.  If needed be she says what’s on her mind if prompted to or when face to face with the enemies of her faith.  While she believes in strength in numbers she tends do things her own way.  She’ll not hesitate to assist a fellow team member but frowns at them if they become a liability or get in her way.

Backstory:

Khaeala hails from an arid, sandy kingdom and is a devoted follower and dedicated temple guard to Shelyn, Goddess of Love and Beauty.  When word reached their order of the large disappearance of women, both local and visiting, in The Village of Way’s Rim they could not well ignore it.  Wanting to see if these women can be rescued and the perpetrators punished, they send Khaeala as their representative in dealing with the case.

Having lived most of her life within the walls of the temple, Khaeala is ignorant of the ways of the world and her superiors sees this an opportunity for her to open up to new ideas and to meet and understand other people; and to broaden her narrow view of things about the world beyond the temple grounds.  Besides this, she gladly accepts the mission entrusted to her and promises to see to the fate of the missing women and to discriminately deal with the abductors.

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Autocad

D12

I like Alfy, I think she's cute.

Although that skirt is one Acrobatics check away from being a belt. Immodest Elves... :P
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

TheVillain

• Kunoichi - Necropolitan Dread Necromancer - Concept
  • Etherealgirl - Elven Druid - Concept
  • kaynahotaling - Barbarian - Half Concept
  • Blinken - Swashbuckler - Sheet
  • Muse - Half Giantess Wilder - Sheet
  • Autocard - Elven Ranger - Sheet
  • Domjoe - Dwarf Warpriest - Sheet
  • ViperFang - Human Sorceress - Sheet
  • Uebelator - Halfling Rogue - Sheet
  • ThatOneShrroth - Half-Elf Warpriest - Sheet
  • D12 - Human Wizard - Sheet
  • Tonberryshuffle - Interest
  • rikka - Human Monk - Sheet

Updated list, I believe.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

D12

Question: If it isn't too meta-gamy, could offer some suggestion as to what would be good languages to take?
I get nine, not counting Common or Draconic; thus far I've marked down Elven, Dwarven, Goblin, Orc, and Alko, but I get 4 more and frankly, I'm wondering how useful Goblin or Alko will be.

I understand if it's not the sort of thing that you want to share, or if it's not the sort of thing that'll even matter; but I thought I'd ask regardless.
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

TheVillain

Good picks actually, though Alko might not be handy for a while.

I'm thinking you've hit the good ones already, maybe Undercommon might be good too.

DomJoe

Undercommon would likely be a good one, maybe Aboleth for speech with specific abberants. I would aim for as many monster languages as possible.

(Not a DM, but is sharing thoughts on the matter anyways :P)

D12

I'm pretty sure only Aboleths speak Aboleth; although they have been known to run 'breeding experiments' on 'lesser beings' (see Skum and Gillmen)

DomJoe

Quote from: D12 on March 12, 2015, 10:29:40 PM
I'm pretty sure only Aboleths speak Aboleth; although they have been known to run 'breeding experiments' on 'lesser beings' (see Skum and Gillmen)

Quoting from the PF SRD Linguistics page:

QuoteAboleth

Spoken By: Aboleth and other deep sea (aquatic) aberrations.

D12

Yeah, and actually both Gillmen and Skum speak Aboleth too; and I did grab it, along with Giant and Undercommon.
One more Language; think I'll go with Sylvan.

Aaand DONE

Até Athet
Human Conjurer 3

Appearance: Até is a woman of modest stature, standing just over five feet tall. She sports a well-manicured mane of auburn hair reaching just past her shoulders. She possesses an ample bust and an active frame with a fair amount of muscle on it; although she is by no measure a brawny woman.

Até typically dresses in dark robes, decorated with real gold leaf. As an adventuring wizard Até has trained herself in the techniques required to prevent light armor from interfering with her gestures and she wears a suit of studded Darkleaf Cloth cuirass, along with bracers and a neck guard.

Até wears a very distinctive ring, or rather set of rings, on her right hand; two large metal faux-claws. These serve as her Bonded Object, but are in fact quiet blunt and useless in terms of combat.

Até possesses a faint tattoo of the letter "A" of the Draconic alphabet across her right cheek.

Personality: Até is a confident woman, self-assured and dedicated to her own goals; arguably too dedicated. She believes in the value and power of knowledge, and advocates thought before action. Some people may describe Até as brash or arrogant. She is used to being the smartest person in a room, and tends to act like she is regardless; but she doesn't see herself as arrogant, few arrogant people do. Até considers herself an assertive woman who is willing to take the necessary measures to achieve her goals, and views people who dislike her for her conviction as either meek and jealous; those who would do the same if they could muster up the courage, or deluded and dumb; those who cannot or will not see that her methods are the most efficient.

Até is quiet particular about the pronunciation of her name, and considers people who regularly mispronounce it either too rude to care, or too stupid to get it right. The correct pronunciation of her name is two syllables, "Ă-tā" brief 'a' followed by 't' and a long 'a'.

Background: Até is an adventuring Wizard, with a particular penchant for the peculiar cases. She enjoys the undertakings where there is not only a creature to kill but something to be uncovered; and to hear her tell it, she's been indispensable in the resolution of several such mysteries before.

Até has no real 'hometown.' Even before she was an adventurer she traveled as the apprentice to the Wizard Ewis Rewson. Rewson was a member of a disjointed and dubious order of mystics and Até's time with him blurred the line between apprenticeship and indentured servitude. While not technically a slave; and therefore not subject to whatever laws may apply to such regardless of whatever country they found themselves in, Até was purchased from her parents by Rewson and his order at the age of seventeen, allegedly so that they could train her gifted mind to master the arcane arts.

While it is true that Até was given an exceptional education and invaluable first-hand experience with the mystic arts, her service to her master was not entirely professional or academic. Some might say that Rewson took advantage of his position of as Até's superior, mentor, and provider, but Até simply thinks of it as part of her education; precisely the part about how the world worked, and men could be expected to behave.

Rewson sadly fell in battle two years ago, however his death did allow Até the opportunity to complete her master's quest and be recognized as a full member of the mystic order in her own right.

Statblock
Até Athet
Female TN Human Wizard, Level 3, Init +2, HP 18/18, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +4, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Touch Acid Dart (7/day) +3 (1d6+1,  )
Touch Acid Splash (∞) +3 (1d3,  )
Masterwork True Crystalline Dagger (1) +2 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Darkleaf Cloth +1 Studded Leather Armor (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 12
Condition When wearing a masterwork backpack, treat your Strength score as +1 higher than normal when calculating your carrying capacity. (Adjusted on sheet)
Languages Spoken Common, Draconic, Elven, Dwarven, Goblin, Orc, Alko, Undercommon, Giant, Aboleth, & Sylvan.

Additional Information
True Crystalline weapons shatter on a attack roll of natural 1
True Crystalline weapons ignore a target's Armor and Deflection bonus to AC.
A Neck Guard provides a +1 armor bonus to AC against vampire bites or similar attacks that specifically target the wearer's throat.
Build Notes
Cosmopolitan Skills: Perception & Sense Motive
Arcane Discovery, Knowledge is Power in place of Scribe Scroll bonus feat.

Green Goo Theory

Would any ToB be available in lieu of path of war?  I ask 'cause I don't have the books and the stuff on the SRD seems incomplete from what I've read.  That and it's something I'd want to research before making a character with it as a source. 
Coming soon...

Muse

I'm pretty sure Path of War is Tome of Battle for Pathfinder. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Muse on March 14, 2015, 02:42:58 AM
  I'm pretty sure Path of War is Tome of Battle for Pathfinder.

I know.  But I don't know path of war.  While the mechanics are the same it's like trying to relearn three (or more?) new classes, a variety of potential PrC's, and several whole new spell lists. 
Coming soon...

D12

I could help if you like. I know Pathfinder fairly well and enjoy helping people build characters (I enjoy building characters period)

I'll admit I'm not as informed of Path of War as I am of the core Paizo stuff, but I'd be happy to offer whatever help I can.

ViperFang

I'm finding myself considering redoing my character to try and set her up for the Eldritch Knight prestige class, assuming we ever get to that point xD

Evael

If there's still room, I'd like to express my interest. I'm not too familiar with Pathfinder, but I've played a good bit of 3.5.

Looking at rolling a Bard of some sort.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: D12 on March 14, 2015, 04:48:21 PM
I could help if you like. I know Pathfinder fairly well and enjoy helping people build characters (I enjoy building characters period)

I'll admit I'm not as informed of Path of War as I am of the core Paizo stuff, but I'd be happy to offer whatever help I can.

I appreciate the offer but it's not really a lack of understand of PF.  It's just that one very specific sub system that I never had a chance to study as much as I'd like. 

Coming soon...

D12

Fair enough Tonberryshuffle.

Offer stands if you change your mind or for any who are interested in getting help / a second pair of eyes for their sheet, I promise I don't bite :3

much  >:)

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: D12 on March 16, 2015, 11:58:57 AM
Fair enough Tonberryshuffle.

Offer stands if you change your mind or for any who are interested in getting help / a second pair of eyes for their sheet, I promise I don't bite :3

much  >:)

But I like biting....
Coming soon...