The Beast Below [M lf F, Fantasy, NC, Pathfinder]

Started by TheVillain, February 27, 2015, 11:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Quote from: TheVillain on March 04, 2015, 09:25:52 AM
Yeah, there's definitely going to be more then one group.

Not sure about the half-giantess, depends on the LA I suppose. I'd like you guys to make an attempt to stick relatively close to core, at least mechanically.

*Smiles*  The half giantess has no level adjustment.  They're in the Expanded Psioncis Handbook from Dreamscarred Press.  Technically they're third party, but I understand Paizo specifically contracted with them to do the psionics stuff so their presses would be free for other things. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ViperFang

I figured I would try and make a sheet, just in case it was okay for me to join~ If not, no biggie. I'll understand :)

Nouhime Character Sheet
Name: Nouhime         Player: ViperFang
Race: Human             Sex: Female
Class: Sorcerer           Favored Class: Sorcerer
Level: 3                     EXP: 5,000
Alignment: TN            Next Level: 9,000

Measurements: 37C-26-36
Weight: 127

Ability Scores:
STR:   7    (-2) Carry: L: 23, M: 46, H: 70
DEX:   14  (+2)
CON:   12  (+1)
INT:    12  (+1)
WIS:   14  (+2)
CHA:   18  (+4)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort:    +2                 HP: 21/21
Reflex: +3                 Init: +2
Will:     +5                 Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
BAB:     +1        AC:      12
TAB:      -1            AC (Touch):    12
Ranged: +3           AC (Flatfoot):   10
CMB:     -1        CMD: +11

Class Skills:  (4 per level)
Total   Skill (Ability) (AM + R + Misc.)

+1   Appraise (INT)                (1 + 0 + 0)
+12 Bluff (CHA)                     (4 + 3 + 5)
+6   Disguise* (CHA)              (4 + 0 + 2)
+9   Intimidate (CHA)             (4 + 2 + 3)
+6   Knowledge Arcana (INT)  (1 + 2 + 3)
+6   Knowledge History (INT)  (1 + 1 + 3)
+9   Spellcraft (INT)               (1 + 3 + 5)
+12 Use Magic Device (CHA)   (4 + 3 + 5)

Languages:  Common, Orc

Feats:
(CF=Class Feat)

1st  – Magical Aptitude. +2 Spellcraft and Use Magic Device
1st  – Deceitful. +2 Bluff and Disguise
3rd – Combat Casting. +4 on concentration checks to cast a spell/ability when casting on defensive or while grappled
CF – Eschew Materials. Cast any spell with material components costing 1gp or less without it.

Traits/racial traits:
Ability Mod: +2 to any 1 ability score (CHA)
Skilled: +1 Skill Point per level
   Bonus feat: Gain 1 bonus feat at  1st level
   Favored Class: +1 Skill point or Hit Point
Traits:
Charming. +2 to Bluff and Diplomacy against characters that are (or could be) sexually attracted to her. +1 trait bonus to save DC of any language-dependent spell cast on such characters/creatures.

Class Specials:
Sorcerer Bloodline (Arcane)
    Knowledge (History)
    Arcane Bond (Amethyst Amulet)
    Metamagic Adept. 1/day
Cantrips

Spells per Day (At Will / 6 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0)

Spells:
0 – Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Ray of Frost
1 – Hold Portal, Charm Person, Shocking Grasp, Identify*

Coin:
PP:    0
GP:   494
SP:    0
CP:    0

Equipment:
Light Crossbow:
   Dam: 1d8      Crit: 19 - 20 X2   Rng: 30’   Ammo: 50
Dagger:
   Dam: 1d4-2   Crit: 19-20(x2)    Rng: 10’

Item
Pouch (Belt)
Backpack
   Rations x1
   Potion of Cure Light Wounds x1
   Potion of Mage Armor x1
   Scroll of Charm Person x5
   Scroll of Summon Monster I x5
   Wand of Burning Hands x1 (50 charges)
   Wand of Ray of Frost x1 (50 charges)
   Waterskin (Filled) x1
Horse (Heavy)
   Saddle (Pack) x1
   Rations x9
   Potion of Cure Light Wounds x4
   Potion of Mage Armor x4

Total Weight: 17.73 lbs (Light)

Personality:
Nouhime is a slightly arrogant young woman, her vanity fueled by her supernatural abilities with magic as well as her alluring beauty. She has a morbid curiosity for the adventure at hand.

Appearance:

Background:
Nouhime was born to a wealthy couple in Isger, raised in the wealthy capitol city, Elidir. She first manifested her magical powers at the age of four, and ever since she has been training and honing her skills, learning more spells. She was once engaged to another aristocratic family's son, but she wasn't happy with the arrangement. He behaved as though he was the Gods' gift to women and brought numerous other women to his bed while they were engaged. Furious about his behavior, she used both Dancing Lights and Ghost Sound to frighten and torment him to the point that he went into hiding in the city for months. Anxious to branch out and see the world beyond Elidir Nouhime took the first opportunity she could find to flee, and that was the disappearances at Way's Rim. Whether she finds out what is happening or not, she will simply be glad to see something beyond her home.

Uebelator

Okay, Ive put together a character and I hope its okay like that. I havent spent much time on buying equipment and Id be glad, if a pro would help me out a bit with that.
But I can say, that Im far from being a min-maxer anyway and with this games premise, I think it will be pretty fun to be defeated anyway. ;)

Name: Ruby

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality:
Ruby, or Rubeatris, which is her actual name, is a young, curious halfling girl. She´s kind and has a good sense of humour, but she can be a bit selfish and greedy at times. Ruby sometimes is a bit too curious for her own good, stumbling into trouble more than often and combined with her lack of fear, this is a pretty dangerous mix. Some have called her brave, some have called her fearless, but most people usually call her "that crazy little bitch."
She might be a thief, but she doesnt consider herself a criminal. She takes what she needs to survive- okay sometimes a little more, but only from people who just dont deserve to be that filthy rich. If they cant protect whats theirs, Ruby sees it as her given right to take it.
So far the halfling hasnt killed anyone and she doesnt like violence at all, even though it sometimes cannot be avoided to break a nose or two. Or... considering her size, busting a kneecap.
If she has the money, she likes to party hard. Wine, wenches and nice food.

Background:
To be done.

Muse

Name: Sweetwater
Player: Muse

Alingment: Chaotic Good
Class: Wilder
Race: Half Giant

Height   7'1"
Weight   242lbs
Measures: 42"D, 30", 37"
Skin: Golden tan. 
Hair: Rose red waves that fall to her shoulderblades. 
Eyes: Emerald
Style: Chainmail Bikini, soft, hihg boots, and red cloak.

Str 16   +3
Dex 10   +0
Con 14   +2
Int 12   +1
Wis 9   -1
Cha 16   +3

Hit Points   33

Armor Class   16   (Armor +5, Insight +1)
   Armor: +1 Mail Shirt Bikini (ACP -1, Max Dex +4)   

Saving Throws
Fortitude   1   +2   +0   +0   =d20+3
Reflex      1   +0   +0   +0   =d20+1
Will      3   -1   +0   +0   =d20+2

Base Attack   +2
   Melee   +5
   Missile   +2

Weapons:
   Falchion, Deep Crystal
   TAB      +6
   Damage      2d6+4
   Critical   18 x2

Dagger
   TAB      +5/+2
   Damage      d6+3
   Critical   19 x2
   Range      10

Sling
   TAB      +3
   Damage      d6+3
   Critical   20 x2
   Range      50'
   M. Bullets   10

Class Features
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder
Favored Class: +? Skills, +? Talents
Surge bond: Warrior's Surge

Feats:
Martial Weapon Proficiency: Falchion
Open Minded
Psionic Talent (+2 PSPs)
Toughness (+1 HP/Level)
https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/b/b8/Kamiki_Kitsune_by_transfuse.jpg
Name: Sweetwater
Player: Muse

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Wilder
Race: Half Giant

Height   7'1"
Weight   242lbs
Measures: 42"D, 30", 37"
Skin: Golden tan. 
Hair: Rose red waves that fall to her shoulder blades. 
Eyes: Emerald
Style: Chain mail Bikini, soft, high boots, and red cloak.

Str 16   +3
Dex 10   +0
Con 14   +2
Int 12   +1
Wis 9   -1
Cha 16   +3

Hit Points   33

Armor Class   16   (Armor +5, Insight +1)
   Armor: +1 Mail Shirt Bikini (ACP -1, Max Dex +4)   

Saving Throws
Fortitude   1   +2   +0   +0   =d20+3
Reflex      1   +0   +0   +0   =d20+1
Will      3   -1   +0   +0   =d20+2

Base Attack   +2
   Melee   +5
   Missile   +2

Weapons:
   Falchion, Deep Crystal
   TAB      +6
   Damage      2d6+4
   Critical   18 x2

Dagger
   TAB      +5/+2
   Damage      d6+3
   Critical   19 x2
   Range      10

Sling
   TAB      +3
   Damage      d6+3
   Critical   20 x2
   Range      50'
   M. Bullets   10

Class Features
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder
Favored Class: +5 Talents
Surge bond: Warrior's Surge

Feats:
Martial Weapon Proficiency: Falchion
Open Minded
Psionic Talent (+2 PSPs)
Toughness (+1 HP/Level)

Languages:
Common
Giant

Racial Features: 
Fire Acclimated: +2 on Saves
Giant Blood:
Low Light Vision
Medium
Naturaly Psionic
Normal Speed: 30
Powerful Build:
Psionic Aptitude
Stomp L 1 1/day
Survivor +4 Survival

Skills:
Acrobatics      2   +3   +0   +0   +0   =d20+5
Autohypnosis      3   +3   -1   +0   +0   =d29+5
Craft: Cook      3   +3   +1   +0   +2   =d20+9
Diplomacy      1   +3   +3   +0   +0   =d20+7
K. Psionics      1   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+5
Percpetion      3   +3   -1   +0   +0   =d20+5
Perform: Dance      1   +3   +3   +2   +0   =d20+9
Spellcraft      1   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+5
Survival      0   +0   -1   +4   +0   =d20+3
Use Magic Device   3   +3   +3   +0   +0   =d20+9

Concentration:  d20+6
Power Points: +2
Powers Known
L 1
Inevitable Strike
Slumber

Talents
Detect Psionics
Ectoplasmic Trinket
Energy Splash
Missive
My Light
Psionic Repair

Traits:
Savant: +2 Perform, Dance.  Perform is always a class skill. 

Containers
   Backpack, Masterwork
   Belt Pouch

Gear
   ARtisan's Tools, Cook (Masterwork)
   Rope, Silk, 50'
   Waterskin

Magic Items
   Wand of Cure Light Wounds L 1, 10 Charges

Platinum   42
Gold      2
Silver      9
Copper      10
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Vonandi

I was going to work on a charie sheet today since I don't have any work and get one up tonight but I just found out today that I'm going to have to put my dog to sleep tomorrow, and honestly with that I've lost all will to post at the moment. I have a rough pathfinder character sheet made up but I don't know when I will be able to get anything up.

Muse

Blinkin

My sympathies as well. I've had to deal with a similar situation two years ago when my Seeing Eye dog developed a lump on her muzzle. We knew what it was, but we had to wait a week while test were run, results sent back and forth and diagnosis done. That last week was hell for me and for months later.

Even though I know that I made the right decision in removing her pain, it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

TheVillain

Bummer Ith, I get it. Had a dog I had to put down myself, got cancer in her head. It's always super rough.

So I was thinking of getting it going some time over the next few days assuming my brother's wedding doesn't slow me down, starting with compiling how many character concepts and sheets we actually have. Might run more then one group.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

MiraMirror

If you end up running another group, I'm likely going to throw up a character as well....I kind of wouldn't mind running some kind of a paladin or inquisitor...or maybe a Slayer, Ranger...Hm.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

D12

If you're not too full already. I am also interested.

I'm thinking of doing an Archivist bard myself.

EDIT: oh and as someone who knows most of Pathfinder forwards and backward, and is eager to increase the saturation of Pathfinder-proficient people here on Elliquiy for selfish reasons; if anyone has any questions you can PM me  :D
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Vonandi

I appreciate the sympathies, it was a tumor inside her ribcage which apparently common it rottweilers, but I don't want to talk about it.

Unfortunately I will be rescinding my interest. My heart really isn't in a ruled game right now, and any sort of domination sexual or otherwise is just going to piss me off at the moment. I intend to read up on pathfinder rules though, so perhaps I can participate in another game in the future. 

Autocad

Sorry about your loss, and hope you feel better soon.

MiraMirror

Still working out equipment, but here's what I've got so far:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1141362

My AC is just...god-awful. Ugh. I'm likely to take light armor proficiency at some point so I can wear armor. Sacred Fist seems to be able to Flurry in armor like a Sohei, and a set of mithral medium armor would be a godsend.

DomJoe

You could focus more on Dex and go Weapon Finesse to keep a good attack bonus for your Sacred Fist, but this does sacrifice damage, and you wouldn't be able to get any strength based feats.

It would definitely be interested to have 2 warpriests in one party, although I do believe we'll end up on opposite parties because healers.

MiraMirror

Honestly, it'd be amazing if I could end up with a Amulet of Mighty Fists and enchant it with Guided, but from what I understand, that tends to be banned because of how horribly broken it is?

Green Goo Theory

I'd like to announce my interest.  Only if there is room however.  I don't want to be the sole reason for making a group too large or splitting into two. 

I would like to ask though if any 3.5 specific content would be allowed?  Just out of curiosity. 
Coming soon...

rikka

My plate is rather full at the moment and there seems to be a lot of people already, but I would like to state my interest in this if somehow in the course of the game someone drops out.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

TheVillain

Alright, so a quick check and run down of players and concepts we have along with whether we have a whole sheet or just a concept.

• Kunoichi - Necropolitan Dread Necromancer - Concept
  • Etherealgirl - Elven Druid - Concept
  • kaynahotaling - Barbarian - Half Concept
  • Blinken - Swashbuckler - Half Concept
  • Muse - Half Giantess Wilder - Concept
  • Autocard - Elven Ranger - Concept
  • Domjoe - Dwarf Warpriest - Sheet
  • ViperFang - Human Sorceress - Sheet
  • Uebelator - Halfling Rogue - Sheet
  • ThatOneShrroth - Half-Elf Warpriest - Sheet
  • D12 - Archivist Bard - Half Concept
  • Tonberryshuffle - Interest
  • rikka - Interest

Holy shit! Try to get some sheets done and we'll get started but yeah - this might be enough for 3 or 4 groups.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

D12

Sheet -needs shopping ATM

I actually switched over to a Wizard; same kind of concept, a sort of know-it-all who can make Monster Knowledge checks to tell the rest of the party which orifice to protect, but with the added bonus of being a cocky 'dabbling with forces beyond her understanding' (not that she'll admit it.) conjurer.

Regarding shopping: can I spend some of my starter gold on Adding Spells to my spell book?
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

DomJoe

Err, why am I listed as having a concept when I posted a link to my sheet at the top of my character profile?

rikka

Are archetypes allowed?  Unless this was asked already?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

TheVillain

@D12 - Thank you and Yes.

@DomJoe - good question, will fix.

@rikka - Yes, you may use Archetypes.

MiraMirror

Will Guided be allowed? (I imagine not, but safe to ask, I figure.)

How often do you expect we'll be able to set up a camp or something to rest (mostly for the casters).

What kind of leveling thing do you expect for this? Slow, Medium, Fast?

TheVillain

Not sure what that is, so no.

Depends on how good the guard is.

And Fast.

Green Goo Theory

What about my earlier question?  Is any 3.5 material allowed?  I don't have anything specific in mind per se.  Just curious before I get to it. 
Coming soon...