The Beast Below [M lf F, Fantasy, NC, Pathfinder]

Started by TheVillain, February 27, 2015, 11:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheVillain

The Village of Way's Rim put out the call for adventurers during the August Moon, and the threat has only gotten worse. It began two moons ago when all 4 of the serving wenches of the Blue Horse Tavern vanished without a trace in the same night. Since then, despite all efforts to the contrary, women continue to vanish while male adventurers are killed violently and mysteriously. As of now, 19 of the town's women and 9 female adventurers trying to help the situation have met the same fate - mysteriously vanishing during the night like a puff of smoke.

The only real clue to what is happening is what happens to the men. Male townfolk and adventurers trying to get to the bottom of the disappearances don't disappear, they just turn up dead. Usually killed quickly - sometimes as soon as the first night they are in the town. One of the latest disappearences however did manage to leave an unintended clue, something that points to the founders of the town itself and might be the first bit of progress anyone's made this whole mystery...

I ran this once before, and considered it a success overall. The first group of lady adventurers ended up falling before the threat but still I like to think we all had fun so I'm going to run it again, with the last attempt canon with a few tweeks to reflect what happened to them.

Basic Premise is that the Fantasy town of Way's Rim has had a rash of mysterious disappearances and deaths in the last two months. Between the town's people and previous adventurers looking into the issue 27 people have vanished without a trace and 8 more people have died violent deaths. All the people that have vanished have been women, both local town-people and female adventurers trying to get to the bottom of the mystery. Meanwhile all of the confirmed dead are men that were trying to get to the bottom of the mystery, mostly male adventurers.

The disappearance of a local businesswomen however might provide a clue needed to break the case - or at least set a group of female adventurers onto the same path of the 27 women who've disappeared before them.

Looking for a female adventurer or a small group of female adventurers. Going by context clues you can probably imagine horny monsters seeking to rape the female adventurer(s) and a cave will probably be involved at some point. Male characters can be proposed of course, but they'd probably die rather quickly. :P

Please don't look for the previous thread but feel free to ask questions. Spoilers. Pathfinder will be the system we use, thinking level 3 with a 20 point buy to make characters.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Biles

Interesting, so what kinds of beasts are we looking to expect in this RP? Also are dickgirls allowed?
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

TheVillain

A bit of a variety, but mostly along the lines of orcs, dolgrims, and aberrations. At least at first. There's also a monster or two that I've made up that I'm kind of proud of.

Going to say No on the dickgirls though. A bit of a spoiler alert, but to the main villain of this dickgirls are considered male at least in the way he's looking for. So I'm considering whether dickgirls aren't allowed for characters or if they're allowed but to be treated as Males. Leaning the first just to keep things simple.

Excellent questions though. An internet cookie for you.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheVillain

Something else occurred to me that I should point out.

I personally think this game works best as a System game, with Pathfinder or DnD 3.5 being the ideal choices. I can be flexible on this point though, all the way to Freeform.

Just know that powerwise you'll be the equivalent of a level 2 character - whether or not the numbers actually matter.

Kunoichi

As a player from the previous version of the game, I wouldn't mind signing up again if you'll be running this one as a system game. ^^ I'm interested in trying to play as a Dread Necromancer this time, so either Pathfinder or D&D 3.5 would be ideal...

TheVillain

Welcome aboard, then Kunoichi! I definitely would strongly prefer a system game.

Just a head's up though, I'm thinking the previous version actually happened a few days before this one would of though. So you as a player might know some things you as a character would not.

Etherealgirl

I'm interested. Are you saying that you are intending to kill out characters, or is there an actual chance of beating the dungeon?

TheVillain

There is definitely an actual chance of beating the dungeon, I am playing fair and have a wider campaign in mind. If anything you've got a better chance of beating the dungeon since many of the monsters don't actually want to kill your characters.

They want to use rape and magic to turn your characters into sex slaves and breeding mares, granted - but  you can recover and press on from that in theory.

I'm just saying that you can also fail as a group, as the previous group did. I'm not going to railroad a group to success either. You might encounter the previous group's characters, getting their brains fucked out.

Etherealgirl

What system were you thinking about using?

Kunoichi

And the previous group only really failed because we had a bunch of players lose interest and withdraw, forcing us to bring the game to a close.  Having them all succumb and become breeding fodder was just the way TheVillain chose to have our characters end up. :P

Quote from: TheVillain on February 27, 2015, 01:43:22 PM
Just a head's up though, I'm thinking the previous version actually happened a few days before this one would of though. So you as a player might know some things you as a character would not.

Don't worry, I won't start meta gaming or anything like that. ^^

TheVillain

Leaning Pathfinder, with DnD 3.5e as my second choice.

Though admittedly I don't know enough about DnD 5e to talk smack about it. I just don't think I can run a game in it either.

TheVillain

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 27, 2015, 02:13:42 PM
And the previous group only really failed because we had a bunch of players lose interest and withdraw, forcing us to bring the game to a close.  Having them all succumb and become breeding fodder was just the way TheVillain chose to have our characters end up. :P

Don't worry, I won't start meta gaming or anything like that. ^^

I wouldn't say a bunch, but more then I could replace in a reasonable amount of time certainly. :P

But yes, you might come across the previous group - all having succumbed and are now breeding fodder. MWahahaha!

Etherealgirl

Sure, ill give this game a try. I'm more familiar with 3.5 edition, than pathfinder.

TheVillain

Kunoichi

Speaking from experience, just getting dumped right into the Pathfinder SRD can leave you a bit overwhelmed at all the options available to you. ^^; My recommendation is to pick one of the core D&D classes that you enjoy playing and see how you can build a character out of it in Pathfinder.

Also, if everyone were to take the Tomb-Tainted Soul feat, I could act as the party healer...

Etherealgirl

Should we make characters now? If so, what level?

TheVillain

Level 3, 20 point buy. In tribute to the last victi- players.

Etherealgirl

I'll fiddle with it over the weekend. :)

Kunoichi

It would probably a good idea to edit the thread title and first post to make it clear that this is going to be a Pathfinder game, in that case. ^^; We'll probably get more interested people signing up if it's clear up front what sort of game it will be.

Blinkin

Ok, expressing interest, if no one has an issue with a male playing a female character, that is.

Just for shits and giggles, was considering a paladin, but as there's a necromancer, that may be a non-starter. Have to think about this...
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Kunoichi

I'm planning on playing the necromancer as being of a neutral alignment, so having a Paladin in the party would probably lead to some friction, but it should still be manageable if you really want to go that way.

Though, on the other hand, the only classes we've got confirmed so far are Druid and Dread Necromancer, so we've got a lot of roles still left open...

Blinkin

Naw, I'm dropping the paladin idea, I've never cared to play them anyway and it was just a wild thought. Depending on the final verdict on if I can play a female, it'll probably be a mell type since there's two spell casters in the offerings so far. I'm fond of rangers and swashbucklers, so I'll probably drop one or the other into the mix. I can drop in either in a couple of hours but I would have to ask some questions on a ranger so that it wouldn't be totally pointless... so, it's looking more like a light fighter type in the form of a swashbuckler.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Vonandi

I'm interested but have little to no knowledge of pathfinder rules, would that matter if I did some research while and during things getting worked out? I need to learn pathfinder eventually anyway since that seems to to be the go to rule set nowadays.. 

TheVillain

Learning the system wouldn't be a problem Ith, no rules lawyers here.

Vonandi

Consider me interested, then. Also I'd probably play whatever the pathfinder equivalent of a rouge is.

Edit: are dark elves out of the question? I know at least in forgotten realms circles player character drow usually aren't allowed due to them being evil and shit, apparently they exist in pathfinder as well though is this still the case?