Iron Gods Adventure Path [Pathfinder] [VOIP] [Roll20]

Started by BraveEarth, December 26, 2015, 10:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pockets

Is there any AP reason for taking one of the Traits given? I ask because in Wrath of the Righteous they changed later in the AP to be something rather significant.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 05, 2016, 08:48:56 PM
It always felt very arbitrary to me, or flavor-dependent rather than balance-dependent at least. Monks, for instance, get the lowest starting at 1d6x10 for what seems to be no reason other than 'monks should be poor ascetics', while Druids, who are both far more powerful and fluff-wise far less dependent on money or manufactured gear, get twice that at 2d6x10. Fighters - the most gear-dependent class - get an average of 175GP, Barbarians (almost indistinguishable from Fighters at level 1) get only 105, and Clerics get an average of 140 GP despite having magic.

Speaking of which, I think I'll be submitting a Druid with the Stargazer trait - someone fascinated by the idea of entire alien ecologies on other worlds.

It does revolve around gear considerations. a monk is quite effective while naked. A druid needs SOME armor, plus their focus and components, plus a smart druid has gear for their animal companion too. The fighter is ssumed ot be packing a range of weapons and maybe even medium armor, probably a shield too, and whatever crap they can pack on hteir backs (take a look at the Iconic fighter, or cavalier; they're carrying a general store's worth of crap strapped to their shoulders). Clerics need armor, weapons, and usually a shield, plus their holy symbol and compients and - if you want to gt into it - holy texts, maybe some holy water, etc. Barbarians are rocking One Big Damn weapon, a chainmail bikini, and cocoa butter.

And Pockets, sorta. it's not as pronounced as in WotR, but you do get 'resolution" to these traits that pcks and XP bonus and sometimes other stuff

Bibliophilia

-eyes Chula.-  She wears Kikko armor, thank you!  -mutters.-  Because she's five gold shy of affording scale...

Edit:  For the record, I've made and submitted a Skinwalker Barbarian.  So....yeah.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Bibliophilia on January 05, 2016, 11:33:48 PM
-eyes Chula.-  She wears Kikko armor, thank you!  -mutters.-  Because she's five gold shy of affording scale...

Awwwwwww. *sadface*

vatovie

I'm going for Death cleric fighting with a scythe. Kill the follows of that undead demon goddess with her own weapon. Plus being neutral they can go healer to be an extra healer or get inflict instead.

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

Countdown

I'm interested for sure.

What's the count so far?  2?  Paly and a Barbarian?
On's and Off's
A's and A's--> Updated: 10/18/23

Chulanowa

I'm trying to decide between Occultist/Mesmerist, Investigator, Witch/shaman, or Gunslinger.

Downside of loving this AP is having so many ideas  ::)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Rajah on December 31, 2015, 10:44:03 AM
Iron Gods is pretty awesome. In consideration of other things that are pretty awesome, how do you feel about Dreamscarred Press?

I'm very very interested, and the Dreamscarred question is relevant because i'd like to make a Warlord from their Path of War supplement. I even have a request thread specifically for that, though i've yet to have any DM's willing to take on the task of running it. As for AP, i don't care as long as i get to play a Warlord.

BraveEarth

Quote from: vatovie on January 06, 2016, 01:50:53 AM
I'm going for Death cleric fighting with a scythe. Kill the follows of that undead demon goddess with her own weapon. Plus being neutral they can go healer to be an extra healer or get inflict instead.

No actually you choose one at Level 1 and your stuck with it as a Cleric of a Neutral God.

Quote from: Pockets on January 06, 2016, 01:03:31 PM
Can we take a drawback to get another trait?

You can spend a feat for More Traits otherwise no.
Quote from: eternaldarkness on January 06, 2016, 02:29:54 PM
I'm very very interested, and the Dreamscarred question is relevant because i'd like to make a Warlord from their Path of War supplement. I even have a request thread specifically for that, though i've yet to have any DM's willing to take on the task of running it. As for AP, i don't care as long as i get to play a Warlord.
I don't have the relevant book and really don't want to use any 3rd party classes in this game.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: BraveEarth on January 06, 2016, 03:04:57 PM
No actually you choose one at Level 1 and your stuck with it as a Cleric of a Neutral God.

You can spend a feat for More Traits otherwise no.
I don't have the relevant book and really don't want to use any 3rd party classes in this game.

Okay. It's in the SRD, but thanks for answering. My search shall continue then. But...you did say 'use any book as long as you can reference'. Just pointing that out.

Pockets

Quote from: eternaldarkness on January 06, 2016, 06:17:44 PM
Okay. It's in the SRD, but thanks for answering. My search shall continue then. But...you did say 'use any book as long as you can reference'. Just pointing that out.

The rules dictate that a cleric of a neutral god must choose at first level whether he channels positive or negative energy. Once chosen it cannot change. And I quote:

"A neutral cleric of a neutral deity (or one who is not devoted to a particular deity) must choose whether she channels positive or negative energy. Once this choice is made, it cannot be reversed. This decision also determines whether the cleric can cast spontaneous cure or inflict spells (see spontaneous casting)."
08/02 - New A/A Update

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Pockets on January 06, 2016, 09:32:14 PM
The rules dictate that a cleric of a neutral god must choose at first level whether he channels positive or negative energy. Once chosen it cannot change. And I quote:

"A neutral cleric of a neutral deity (or one who is not devoted to a particular deity) must choose whether she channels positive or negative energy. Once this choice is made, it cannot be reversed. This decision also determines whether the cleric can cast spontaneous cure or inflict spells (see spontaneous casting)."

I dont think Eternal was disputing that at all. In context, he was referring to his request to use the Warlord 3PP class, which is in the PFSRD.

vatovie

Also I meant the initial choice. Of either more healers or more damage.

Bibliophilia

Not a comment on anything, it just amused me and I wanted to share.

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

BraveEarth

I'm still waiting on a few people to submit a sheet and then I'll make my decisions. Because I said this wouldn't be first come first serve it seems only fair to wait until everyone has submitted.

Chulanowa

Quote from: BraveEarth on January 09, 2016, 09:05:38 PM
I'm still waiting on a few people to submit a sheet and then I'll make my decisions. Because I said this wouldn't be first come first serve it seems only fair to wait until everyone has submitted.

You didn't want character backgrounds and such until people had been selected, right?

BraveEarth

No that's part of what informs my selection process

Chulanowa

Quote from: BraveEarth on January 09, 2016, 09:19:49 PM
No that's part of what informs my selection process

Oh! I musta misunderstood something then. -Gets to writing-

Pockets

I was under the same impression, so I'll edit things a bit later today.
08/02 - New A/A Update

BraveEarth

Alright guys after considering a multitude of factors and waiting for people to submit sheets, I'm going to go with Vatovie, Pockets, Bibliophilia, and Chulanowa

Party comp looks something like this,

Tengu Cleric
Half-Elf Paladin
Skinwalker Barbarian
Gnome Investigator

I will set up Roll20 by next week while that is happening I would like all of you to discuss when you are available so we can set up the first session this month or if need be next month.

Pockets

Are we using Vent/Mumble/etc or an ingrained voice chat through Roll20? I'm usually available most on the weekends (as long as I'm finished by 6:30 pm EST on Saturdays) and on Wednesday Nights.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Bibliophilia

I'm available on weekends, as well.  I work until 2 CST on Saturdays, but I'm off on Sundays.

Chulanowa

I'm not very available on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Aside from that, though, usually wide open.