Hell's Redemption - Seeking Players! ~Females desired, but all welcome!~

Started by Lucifia, November 01, 2018, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifia

Hell's Redemption
Chapter 1: Shards of Paradise
The mMORPG! (mini-Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game!) of the Sub Boards

Background Story
Heaven has won.The apocalyptic war between angels and demons is over. Satan lies dead, his bones encased in a secure vault in the high heavens. The demons, monsters, and nightmares of earth have been forced deep underground, sealed there by spells and enchantments only angels know. The world's population cheers in celebrations, the existence of angels is both acknowledged and revered. The leaders of the Angels descend to earth, both to lead and give council to the ravaged population. Evil is no more, the dark woods are safe to walk, the deep seas safe to swim. All the gates are throw open...and a new hell begins...

The year is 2054. Over time stories about the hellspawn and the angels become myths and legends. Facts become obscure fantasies...until the scientists of the world scoff at the thought of such creatures existing. In this world Men, have dominated because of their aptitude for technology. Elves, though still present, have dwindled in number, as magic occupies a smaller and smaller amount of the world's interest. Dwarves too have fallen in status, as the the world's economy now values the cheap and mass produced products of human technology, as opposed to the rare and powerful tools created by the dwarves. For all intensive purposes there is a peace...until it becomes too peaceful.

Without evil for 1000 years, there is nothing for the angels to fight. Good loses its meaning...and turns upon itself. Where a the sheet was clean now paranoid eyes see shades of grey. It started out as inquiries, little questions and suggestions, asking if there has been evil. Then there are rumors, which spread fear and distrust. On the  streets, the once free roads are now patrolled by Illumi, the soldiers of the Angel's army, Zealots bent on exterminating even the hint of evil. Their methods are absolute, fire cleanses all...it kills doubt, and enemies. Soon the human population is under heavy scrutiny, burning and interrogations become a daily occurrence as even the royal families are not spared the insanity. One by one, every village and city loses people to the Righteous Inquisition, and grumblings of rebellion stirs.

Even among the mighty angels, there is dissent. The angelic leaders, Kings of Heaven, are behind the Inquisition, claiming that peace can only be brought through unified submission and the irradication of evil opposition. But the heroes of the past Apocalypse know better...they know the Kings of Heaven are merely creating a new hell...one where friend turns upon friend, and blood is shed between brothers.

Deep in hell too, there are stirrings, demons, vampires, werewolves, all forms of 'evil' rile against their banishment. They believe the sins of Satan do not necessarily condemn them all...they wish for a chance to live properly, to see the moon, to taste true blood...not wither away in caves and the depths of Hell. They can sense the unrest in the world and sky above...they can smell the blood and anger. They know their time is coming.

The Story so far! (each major event will be summarized in a chapter, new characters will have the convenient option of joining the current chapter easily!)

Chapter 1: Shards of Paradise
The trigger of chaos is the death an angel. A simple angel, who was burned to nothing by the Inquisition. A simple angel who was a friend, a sister to Templaris...Archangel of Light, who struck the killing blow against Satan. Furious, he gathered his loyal comrades in arms, and broke into the Sacred Vault, where Satan's bones were kept. Picking up a shard of bone, he whispered a prayer, seeking out and equal in hell, a strong opposite to bond his soul to...and he found Lucifia, Daughter of Satan. There he made her an offer: Freedom, in exchange for her aid to fight the Kings of Heaven. She agreed to his terms, adding one more of her own...his soul would be hers forever. He agreed, and the first Demon of many, burst forth from Hell...to save the world.
Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

Check out my RP request section and browse my best of' characters!

Also, Check out my Ons and Offs!

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

Game Mechanics - Might and Magic!

Magic
All Angels and Hellspawn who resided in heaven and hell will start with their own weapons. Ancient weapons of great power. As this RP takes place in the near future, you have a choice to make freely. Do you stick with your trust tradition and stick with your magic and magical weapons, or do you change with the times and adopt the guns and tech of 2054? I will balance the game to ensure that no one has an unfair advantage over another, but do be warned...some situations demand concussive rounds...others demand a fireball. Remember no magic is inherently good or evil. It all depends on how you use it. A blaze of light can kill. A poison can be the antidote to another.

Ancient Magic - Rituals, Runes and Voodoo
Ancient magic stretches back to the time before the rise of the earth races. The Naga, Merfolk, Angels, and Hellspawn used these crude but extremely powerful magics to achieve their goals. Only very oldest mythics will even know about these magicks, far less be able to use them adeptly. In general, the character types who may be able to use them would be Angels and Dragons.

Rituals are lengthy incantations, requiring great preparation and thought. This type of magic is not one that can be done in the middle of combat, but rather must be done before hand and undisturbed. They require great concentration, and interruption can have dire consequences. Rituals are the only magical means to affect someone in a different thread.

Runes are traditionally little stones or bricks which, when placed in correct formation in an object, produce a steady consistent magical effect. For example, a fire rune set in a sword will make a fire sword. A feather rune set in a tone of lead will make it lighter, possibly light enough for a human to carry unaided. Runes are the longest lasting magical enchantments in this RP. Once created and set, their magic is continuous, and only stops if the rune is removed or destroyed.

Voodoo (for the purposes of this RP) is the practice of creating dolls mimicking the form of another, and manipulating it to produce a sense of benefit or harm. These dolls must be prepared beforehand, and contain a sample of the target to be effective (hair/skin/feather/scale). With the use of pins, and incantation, the target can be made to feel pain, or a sensation, or even be healed. Voodoo itself does not cause harm, only the illusion of harm. Spearing a doll with a pin won’t kill the target. It will merely produce excruciating pain.

Traditional Magic - The 5 Colors
For any of you who have played Magic the Gathering, this will be very familiar to you. Traditional Magic revolves around 5 main colors. Each represents its own faction and has unique traits and characteristics. These often reflect the emotional attributes associated with their color.

Red - Passion, emotion, rage, and love. Deals with fire, lava, lightning, heat, and stone. Red Magic uses are relentless and furious in their assault, battering down their enemies with fireballs and earthquakes, regardless of the collateral damage.
Blue - Logic, calculation, precision, and focus. Deals with water, Ice, Wind, teleportation. Blue Magic users are aloof, silent and watchful. They speak little, but when they do, words of power flow like a river. They excel at manipulating the battlefield, nullifying some spells, misdirecting others.
Green - Growth, Harmony, Nature, and Nuture. Deals with strengthening oneself, and brute force, spells include healing, growth, stamina, longevity, and harnessing nature. Green Magic uses harness nature's power to augment their own already impressive strength and power. They prefer a contest of brute force over diplomacy.
White - Protection, Purity, Healing. Deals with protecting and reflecting attacks, healing the wounded, and sometimes sacrificing for the greater good.
Black - Death, decay, resurrection, and drain. Deals with death and destruction, and returning the departed to the field under control. Black magic users are the most hated of the magic users, as they are sometime cold and heartless, as one must be to use death magic.

Modern Magic
As time has progressed, Magic has continued to be refined. Far from fading into myth and mystery, the use of magic has become more widespread, though those with magical potential are usually mythic or elf in nature. Each color of magic has been honed down into more and more refined specialization. At the cost of breathe of magic, users of modern magic can manipuate specific aspects of magic to their needs. Thus each color is broken down into different categories. Blue magic is further divided into wind, water, and air, Red magic into fire, lava, and emotion. The more specialized the study, the less the wielder is able to use other magics of the same color. For example, a wind magic user will be less adept at using water magic or ice magic, despite the three being 'blue magic'

Combat
Let's set some ground rules:

1. You are not allowed to GODMOD a combat situation. All actions must allow for a response. It is often best to chat with your opponent OCC (out of character), to decide beforehand what outcome is the best.
2. There is no counterspell. I've seen this issue where one player rains fireballs on another, and the other player merely 'counters' all the fireballs. This is merely another form of godmodding, and makes for frustrating looping rping. Thus I degree no counter spells, either take the hit, return fire, or duck and cover.
3. You may only use abilities you have listed, or that go with your selected specialty of magic. A black magic user may not suddenly whip out a fireball.
4. No killing (without permission), it goes without saying that you can't kill another character without the controlling player's permission. As stated above, you MAY create and kill your own NPCs.
5. GM characters are like very strong bosses. One on one, they will demolish a single opponent, it takes a concerted effort to damage them, or even take them down (For details see the Solaris battle in Las Vegas).
6. At whim, the GM will throw in certain plot points or environmental reactions to the player's actions!
Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

Game Mechanics - Souls and the Afterlife!

Death and the Afterlife
In this RP world, no matter what race you play, be it mythic or earth race, your people will face death. However, for a period of time after death, the memories, personality, and thoughts of the deceased exist as a soul. A floating ethereal aspect of the mind. If the individual was extra good in life, then that soul would go to heaven or Valhalla, or the Great Mine...Or whatever they believe in. However, those who are very evil all go to the same place. Hell. This broad believe is shared by all except the hellspawn.

Souls - The Detailed mechanics
The deal with souls is far more complex than just heaven and hell. The Illumi believe it is their responsibility to ensure that the best souls go to heaven, and the worst go to hell. Therefore, the Illumi keeps track of the best and worst individuals of the earth races. When a good individual dies, the Illumi Guide (known to the earth races as the Reaper), takes the soul to one of the angelic cities, where the soul is released into to heaven through a complex ritual. Whether or not the soul actually goes to heaven is unknown, as once departed the souls are not longer contactable. When an evil individual dies, the soul is collected, and released into hell.

In hell, rule of strength applies, and these souls are fair game for soul-eating or soul-enslaving hellspawn. Being in contact with souls is something prohibited by the Illumi for a good reason...the hunger. Prolonged contact with souls causes the individual to become hungry for them. As seen with many hellspawn, demons who use souls initially start with one or two, with the pure intention to learn or for company. Over time, the hunger develops, causing the hellspawn to accumulate many many souls. This in itself is not a problem, were it not for the second characteristic of souls.

Souls will only stay  voluntarily with an individual for a period of time depending on their personalities. It is easier to catch a soul than to contain it, and even more difficult to expel it if it refuses to leave voluntarily. Over many years of accumulating souls, the good ones stay a while, then leave, but the evil ones stay longer, even resisting being expelled. Eventually the combined pressure of the evil souls breaks the will and spirit of the hellspawn, causing total psychotic breakdown and a struggle for dominance and ultimate control of the being. This has been seen in spectacular form where the struggle ends with all souls being expelled from the body in an colorful explosive halo. The one remaining soul then gains control of the body. More often than not, the most powerful soul gains control of the body...is it the original soul? No one knows.

F.A.Q.

Ah yes, the all important section for the simple questions hard to answer! This will of course be an ever expanding section of the RP, so do check by now and again for more answers to your questions!

Q: Are GM Characters sex-able?
A: Yes, rarely! GM Characters can get involved in your cozy time, but bear in mind that this won't be often, as the GM has to control the entire world!

Q: I'm stuck in an area where there are no other people, and not much action! What do I do?
A: There will be times where your character finds itself in a lonely deserted city or forest. If you want action, you can do two simple things: Find the action, or bring the action to you! Travel is un-restricted in this RP, so go anywhere! (but make it plausible). Alternately, you could organize with other characters to start something up!

Q: The GM seems to be focusing on one or two particular regions of the RP. Why is that?
A: Unlike most massive group RPs, this RP has a rather involved plot, which follows a certain path through the various locations. The path is of course greatly affected by how players interact with each other and the GM. As you can see, it has previously taken a course through Sunhome, Las Vegas, Alias Port, and Cloud 9.

Q: I'm not sure where to start! Help Me!
A: It a big world in here, so of course some might get lost! Not to worry! In this chapter, all characters (with few exceptions) will begin in the "Battlefield LA" thread. Helpfully, this is a staging ground before all characters decide as one whether to go to the Dwarves or to the Elves for help!

Q: I want to start in a certain place, but how can I get my character there 'naturally' without having to interact or wait too long?
A: Sometimes you might have a character that you want to start off in a place where they don't fit. Like a Dwarf Character at Cloud 9. Not to worry! The easy way around this is to include a brief explaination of how your character arrived in your current place. For example, in your starting thread, you might say that the Dwarf had joined the Dwarf legion, was assigned to guard a certain post, then deserted, and hitched a ride up to Cloud 9.

Q: The character/player I was sexing up has gone AWOL! I'm left hanging, but I don't want to be rude and leave suddenly as well!
A: We all have some issues and responsibilities in real life to attend to, and absences will be inevitable. One way around these is having 2 characters (if you can manage). Sometimes if one character is slow, the other will be active. If you find your partner is veeeerryyyy slow, a private PM chat might solve things. As a last resort, you DO have the option to politely break off the interaction, and continue with the RP.

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

Come on by the OOC section of Hell's redemption and say hello if you're interested!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=523.0

I also have an F-List!

azzmeister89

Hello there, still heavily interested. Would there be a possibility of playing a dragon in human form?

Lucifia

Here be dragons :P! Yes you can play as a dragon, but will still be the same power level as everyone else to start out with!

I also have an F-List!

azzmeister89

That's fine with me, I can be a young Dragon who got lucky to find a old powerful spellbook with a transformation spell so he can make himself appear human when he wants too.

azzmeister89

Saric

Hello again Lucifia! Ready to try this again? This is what I've got so far... Thoughts, comments, concerns, feed back?

Character: Sage The Green Angel
Player: Saric
Type/Faction: Angel - Free
Age and Gender: Fluid and Changeable, 239 years old... in the latest incarnation...
Skills/Abilities: Flight
Chromatic Magic - Sage is skilled in a blend of Red, Green, and Black magic, an embodiment of the cycle of birth, struggle, death, and rebirth and granted the magics of that cycle.
Bestial Form - Sage may take on the forms of beasts, both magical and mundane, ether in full or in part. Thus he might strike down an enemy with a bear's claws, block a blade with the shell of a turtle, then summon up the throat and belly of the Salamander of legend to breath fire upon his foes.
Reincarnation - If Sage can reach a dead or dying being within moments of their demise and perform a powerful and draining spell they can grant the dying a new life... however this is no Resurrection and the form of their new life may be dramatically different from their current existence. (An Angel could come back as a Demon, Dragon, Other, or even a member of the 'mortal' races. New race to be determined by die roll or negotiation with the GM)
Endless Freedom, Eternal Rebirth - Sage's current incarnation is only the latest form of The Green Angel, an existence so old that even the Kings of Heaven do not truly know it's origin. What is known is that The Green Angel is so closely bound to the natural world that they can nether be truly killed or contained so long as Nature itself endures.

Physical Description: As an embodiment of the natural cycle, Sage can be male or female, young or old, or anything in between as circumstances or their desires require it, though they usually go by the gender nouns of their current form. Regardless of the form they take, as the Green Angel, Sage always bares the Mark of the Green a physical tell denoting their nature and ranging from wings of leaves to a deer's antlers. The size, shape, and nature of the Mark can all be changed but it can never be truly hidden, though the unwary may still overlook it...

Background Story: For ages uncountable and more then ten thousand years there has always been a Green Angel. Few, if any, recall the origins of this wondering spirit, and fewer still the nature of the Pact that first Angel made with the World itself all those centuries ago. But ever since the Green Angel has been a champion and rallying point for Nature, an advocate for the world and an avenger of nature on those who would despoil it. When the burning, poisonous legions of Hell marched and left desolation in their wake the Green Angel opposed them and fought beside the forces of a Heaven they no longer felt any allegiance too. When Hell was sealed and many spirits and creature of Nature were sealed away as well the Green Angel turned and fought the forces of Heaven as well. They lost and were cast down with the rest. But the Green Angel can not be killed or imprisoned and they escaped, despite all the powers against them. They have been hunted ever since, even as they fight a secret war against both Heaven and unrestrained Industry. A war they cannot win alone. More often then any time in their ancient existence has the Green Angel died over the last thousand years and this has etched new truths on their soul. Destruction is required for new growth to flourish... and when the living can not guard the world the dead must be made to serve! Now undead beasts and forgotten spirits of nature fight side by side in the wake of the last and greatest Guardian of the World.

Personality: While the body is remade and the soul reborn, memories are only passed down. Thus each new incarnation of the Green Angel remember's their magic and their purpose, feels the same bond with the world around them, has the same protective instinct, but the mind, the personality that guides the body and powers, is different with each rebirth. Sage has lived their whole life on the run and surrounded by enemies on all sides. They fight daily with forces they can not defeat, remember almost a dozen deaths in the last thousand years alone, and watch helplessly as the world is strip mined and raped for it's natural resources by technologically advanced business conglomerates that have forgotten the blessings of co-existence... or worse, cast them aside for a higher profit margin this quarter. This has left them angry, hunted, and with a desperate urge to find allies and breed new descendants as their natural urges mix with their magical nature. The Kings of Heaven and Corporations of the World think Nature tamed and defeated... they are about to discover just how wrong they truly are!
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Lucifia

*waves* hello Saric! Nice to see you again! You've got a nice character there! I'd say technicall you have 5 abilities, so I'd say you get flight only if your current form logically has flight! Otherwise it looks great!

I also have an F-List!

Saric

Quote from: Lucifia on November 05, 2018, 11:12:44 PM
*waves* hello Saric! Nice to see you again! You've got a nice character there! I'd say technicall you have 5 abilities, so I'd say you get flight only if your current form logically has flight! Otherwise it looks great!

Hey Lucifia! Good to see you back with this!

Glad you like them! Fair enough! I just included it because you said it came standard with wings. :P

You don't mind the two 'ults'?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

azzmeister89

Designing my character is taking a little longer than expected but he will be ready soon. I'm looking forward to having you all meet him

Lucifia

Quote from: Saric on November 06, 2018, 02:35:53 AM
Hey Lucifia! Good to see you back with this!

Glad you like them! Fair enough! I just included it because you said it came standard with wings. :P

You don't mind the two 'ults'?

Lol, well your second alt is more like a passive ability.

And mind you all folks out there... the more powerful you make your character seem, the more squishing the GM might do to mess with ya !

I also have an F-List!

Re Z L

A&A

Lucifia

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

Awesome, we 've got some great characters so far, space for a more!

I also have an F-List!

azzmeister89

Character: Calvanax "Cal"

Player: Azzmeister89

Type/Faction: Dragon, free

Age and Gender: 26

Skills/Abilities:

Son Of The Dragon: As the Son of Bahamut, his aura has the exact same feel as the undead Dragon King, as such anything close enough to feel his presence before seeing him truly beleive they are about to face the fabled beast itself.

Dragon fire: although this is a recently learned power due to his age, Cal is capable of breathing flames so hot, they can melt stone although his lack of experience means that achieving that heat is incredibly rare. He has learned to use this ability in human form but it is less powerful in that state.

Hero's Talon: The one Magical item in Cal's possession is an enchanted dagger known as the hero blade. It's power allows it to cut through anything not enchanted like a hot knife through butter. In his Dragon form, Cal's claws possess this skill.

Dragon Cry: Cal is able to loose a fearsome roar that typically belongs to a dragon far older, larger and more powerful than he currently is, it has allowed him to pass through some areas unchallenged because creatures that would have tried to fight him were too afraid to approach.

Physical Description:

Human form: Standing at six feet tall with broad shoulders he looks like a stereo typical human male, his hair is black as midnight and cut short, his eyes are a bright amber and occasionally look more snake like then human. His chest has a few scars on them as does his arms but he is still considered a handsome man.

Dragon form: twice the size of a lion and as long as a great white shark in its prime, Cal is a reasonably small Dragon although for one so young its to be expected. His scales, like his human hair is jet black but glimmer like diamonds and his eyes an unsettling gold that seem to pierce through you. Two ivory bull horns sprout from his head, his teeth, claws and back spikes are equally white, a fine contrast to his hide. His wings are feathered like those of a fallen angels. Black and beautiful. He has yet to learn the ability to talk with his mind so does not talk I'm this form. Preferring to use it only to fight.

Background Story: The last egg layer by the mate of the Dragon King Bahamut was kept a close guarded secret, magic had been woven around it too stop the egg from hatching and even allowed it to escape the ultimate fate of the dragons.
Cal hatched twenty six years ago in human form and in the presence of a dwarven clan who took the young Dragon in using what records they had of Dragon lore to teach him about his ancestors.

Despite not being one of them truly, Cal grew up in a loving environment and was content with his life. Everything changed however shortly before his eighteenth birthday. A raiding party of dark Elves attacked and killed the dwarfs to the man, Cal who had never used his true form stood frozen in shock and fear as everyone he loved was killed. Then as the one who had been like his mother died in front of him, a primal rage took him. He transformed and ripped the elves apart, claw and teeth reducing them to scraps of bloody flesh.

He fled the scene then and ever since has been living alone, moving from place to place as he learns to harness his powers. However he has now gotten to the point where he thinks he's ready but he needs more power so the young Dragon, the last son of Bahamut seeks a hoard of treasured relics and tomes of power to make himself strong enough to achieve his goals.

Cal has four major ambitions that he wants to complete;
1. Gather a treasure hoard to make him more powerful
2. Free his father from the Angels control
3. Find a way to summon all the dragons from hell so they can take back the earth
4. Kill every dark elf he meets

Personality: At one time, you might have said that Cal was a happy and good hearted boy. He still likes to help people if they are in need but his smiles come less easily now and he spends more time brooding these days.

Like most dragons, he has a love for battle and relishes the challenge of a good scrap although at such a young age he can't compete against the best of his kin or any other of the more powerful entities that currently stalk the earth.

Chaosfox

So been lurking and seeing what others come up with as I mull over some ideas. I have a question though just to clarify. All the evil banished is it pretty much all types of magical creatures that were banished or could there have been others that fought alongside the angels in the original war and possibly be neutral now like the Phoenix.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Saric

Character: Selena Direfen
Type/Faction: Vampire - Hell
Age and Gender: 1206 - Female
Skills/Abilities:
Children of the Night - Bats, Wolves, and other nocturnal predators become empowered in Selena's presence. Those creatures that fully embrace this change fall under Selena's control but gain strength enough that, in numbers, they can even become a threat to Angels or other supernatural beings. Werewolves and other supernatural nocturnal hunters also benefit from this power, the more so if they submit...

Sanguine Sorcery - Selena may manipulate her own blood to heal wounds, empower her body, levitate or propel herself through manipulating the blood within her body, or expel it to form armor, weapons, or tools. She may draw upon the spilt blood of others to restore her reserves or provide temporary increases to her power or temporary access to one of their abilities. She may also leave a Blood Mark on someone when biting them to mark them as under her family's protection.

Black Magic - Almost entirely unskilled with the arts of decay, Selena's mastery of death, undead, and the theft of power, strength, of life-force are far in excess of what her comparatively young age would suggest.

The Currency of Blood - Selena can permanently gain new abilities by consuming enough of a creature's blood, this does not need to slay the creature, particularly if healing is available, but generally draining any creature dry will provide at least one ability Selena does not already have. Similar abilities may merge to provide a single, more powerful, ability instead. If the creature has no unique abilities Selena simply becomes more powerful instead, even mortal lives are worth a coin or two in the Game of Creation. Particularly powerful abilities maybe be gained in a weakened form, and require multiple feedings to be gained at full power, unless Selena already possess a similar ability.

Physical Description: Pale skin, blood red eyes that glow slightly in the dark, and a curvy but fit physique make for a striking impression, the more so when framed by her dark hair and black fingernails. She is slim and lithe, moving with otherworldly grace and a noble but predatory air.

Background Story: The Direfen bloodline were among the most respected, and revered vampire clans. They ruled with nobility, protected their 'flocks', never killed one of their own without cause and only changed those who were willing. Under their rule taxes were low and any disease or disaster among their moral followers brought swift aid. Other vampires would occasionally deride them for 'coddling' their 'cattle', but those foolish enough to challenge them soon found that their wild allies and well-fed clansmen, to say nothing of the peasant hordes that would often back them, more then they bargained for and often paid with their own blood.

When the final war came the peasant servants of the Direfen welcomed the Angels easily enough... until they started hunting the tombs of their masters. When they resisted the Angel declared them hypnotized and brainwashed. The Direfen woke to find their people kidnapped, burned at the stake, or hiding in the shelters they'd made to protect them from bandits. They struck back to reclaim their people and made an alliance with the forces of Hell to aid in the battle against Heaven in exchange for being left alone to govern their people in peace afterward. When Satan fell they retreated with those they'd found honorable and made alliances with, fighting all the way back, but they were eventually overwhelmed at cast into Hell, while their people were killed or scattered to be 'redeemed'. However the Blood Marked followers of the Direfen would not be brainwashed into hating their former masters and many fled to form secret organizations, almost cults, dedicated to freeing the only line of Vampire Nobility to ever live up to the ideals of the world 'noble'. Whether any still remain after a millennium of hiding, however, is unknown.

As the youngest remaining Sion of the Direfen, Selena was protected from the corruption of Hell as much as possible by her people, being fed on the blood of her clansmen instead of directly upon their demonic prey. With the wolves and bats that had been their allies in the past gone, they turned to sorcery and magic to bolster their powers, eventually learning to strengthen their natural bonds with the creatures of the night to offer a symbiotic relationship with the even more deeply weaken werewolves that had been cast down as well. As such Selena has been relatively untouched by the corruption of Hell and has yet to truly use her bloodline's ability to gain the power of those they feed upon, however small a gain that may be.

Personality: Selena was raised on stories of the blind bigotry of Heaven and the oppression of her ancestors. She grew up in their ancestral castle only to see it torn down before being cast into the foulest prison in existence and forced to live a millennia in exile. Now she craves a chance for revenge and, more even then that, a chance to see her ancestral lands reclaimed, their castle rebuilt, and their people redeemed. She is clever, creative, and determined to restore the Legacy of her Blood.

Lucifia

Quote from: Chaosfox on November 07, 2018, 11:54:12 AM
So been lurking and seeing what others come up with as I mull over some ideas. I have a question though just to clarify. All the evil banished is it pretty much all types of magical creatures that were banished or could there have been others that fought alongside the angels in the original war and possibly be neutral now like the Phoenix.

Yes, that's right. Catagorically, all succubus, demons, devils, imps, incubus, werewolves, and vampires were sealed in hell. Nearly all known Dragons were also sealed in hell too!

However, there are likely some neutral factions who would have been spared sealing, either through cooperation with the Illumi, or imprisonment outside hell, but that's rather rare.

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

Quote from: Saric on November 07, 2018, 04:08:20 PM
Work in Progress
Character: Selena Direfen
Type/Faction: Vampire - Hell
Age and Gender: 1206 - Female
Skills/Abilities:
Children of the Night - Bats, Wolves, and other nocturnal predators become empowered in Selena's presence. Those creatures that fully embrace this change fall under Selena's control but gain strength enough that, in numbers, they can even become a threat to Angels or other supernatural beings. Werewolves and other supernatural nocturnal hunters also benefit from this power, the more so if they submit...

Sanguine Sorcery - Selena may manipulate her own blood to heal wounds, empower her body, levitate or propel herself through manipulating the blood within her body, or expel it to form armor, weapons, or tools. She may draw upon the spilt blood of others to restore her reserves or provide temporary increases to her power or temporary access to one of their abilities.

Black Magic - Almost entirely unskilled with the arts of decay, Selena's mastery of death, undead, and the theft of power, strength, of life-force are far in excess of what her comparatively young age would suggest.

The Currency of Blood - Selena can permanently gain new abilities by consuming enough of a creature's blood, this does not need to slay the creature, particularly if healing is available, but generally draining any creature dry will provide at least one ability Selena does not already have. Similar abilities may merge to provide a single, more powerful, ability instead. If the creature has no unique abilities Selena simply becomes more powerful instead, even mortal lives are worth a coin or two in the Game of Creation.

Physical Description: Pale skin, blood red eyes that glow slightly in the dark, and a curvy but fit physique make for a striking impression, the more so when framed by her dark hair and black fingernails. She is slim and lithe, moving with otherworldly grace and a noble but predatory air.

Background Story: The youngest remaining Sion of the Direfen bloodline,

Personality:

You making another character saric :)?

I also have an F-List!

Chaosfox

Ok thanks. Still mauling over my ideas but that does help out quite a bit.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Saric

Quote from: Lucifia on November 07, 2018, 05:28:41 PM
You making another character saric :)?

Well last time you lets us make an angel and a hellspawn, and we had a shortage of female characters, so I figured that, as an old HR hand I should fill out the ranks a bit! >:)

Did you not want us too this time? :P

Edit: She's done by the way if you want to look her over! ;D

Lucifia

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

Happy to accept new interested players! very much story-driving group RP here!

I also have an F-List!

Drakan

Re Z L

A&A

Drakan

Very well I'll get started on a character profile.  Is there an established Human kingdom?

Re Z L

There's some info here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=136574.0 and https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184627.0

But, there's not much in the way of info for humans.  Not sure if you're working on a human character or not, but they'd be pretty weak compared to most of the other PCs thusfar--just fair warning.  Previously Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Alias Port were Human controlled locations (with alliances of various kinds) so that might give you somewhere to start.  Otherwise maybe send Lucifia a PM with whatever questions you might have  :)
A&A

Drakan

I suppose that's true.  I never liked fielding a super strong warrior type, more like one who can provide awesome assistance.  I figure with all the ravaging that has gone on with the human race from the wars it would make the story more interesting that of all the remaining humans, one could stand out amongst most.  However to spice it up I could probably add in his back story that his mothered was raped by either elves or a werewolves and raised a halfbreed.

Re Z L

Quote from: Drakan on December 22, 2018, 11:00:17 PM
I suppose that's true.  I never liked fielding a super strong warrior type, more like one who can provide awesome assistance.  I figure with all the ravaging that has gone on with the human race from the wars it would make the story more interesting that of all the remaining humans, one could stand out amongst most.  However to spice it up I could probably add in his back story that his mothered was raped by either elves or a werewolves and raised a halfbreed.

Up to you, I know there's been some relatively normal humans in the game before, so it's not unprecedented, I only mention it so you know what to expect  :)
A&A

Saric

Quote from: Drakan on December 22, 2018, 11:00:17 PM

All the werewolves have been sealed in Hell for the last thousand years, and the elves aren't much more powerful then the humans. Basically all the PCs are Angels, Demons, or some other race that was sealed in Hell with the Demons after they lost the war a thousand years ago and only the examples of that race that were as strong as Demons, or who could become that strong, have survived.

You can make a mortal character, they were in the previous attempt at this game, they'll just be massively under-powered compared to the other PCs.

If you want to make an awesome support character then I'd recommend ether making a support mage or an Angel who's made an exhaustive study of technology over the last thousand years or so, sort of a Gadgeteer type character? Possibly both? Maybe an Alchemist or a Runesmith? Something along those lines. Otherwise you risk making a character too weak to do anything on their own, and with 'aid' that's too weak to actually help any of the other PCs.

Drakan

Quote from: Saric on December 22, 2018, 11:36:23 PM
All the werewolves have been sealed in Hell for the last thousand years, and the elves aren't much more powerful then the humans. Basically all the PCs are Angels, Demons, or some other race that was sealed in Hell with the Demons after they lost the war a thousand years ago and only the examples of that race that were as strong as Demons, or who could become that strong, have survived.

You can make a mortal character, they were in the previous attempt at this game, they'll just be massively under-powered compared to the other PCs.

If you want to make an awesome support character then I'd recommend ether making a support mage or an Angel who's made an exhaustive study of technology over the last thousand years or so, sort of a Gadgeteer type character? Possibly both? Maybe an Alchemist or a Runesmith? Something along those lines. Otherwise you risk making a character too weak to do anything on their own, and with 'aid' that's too weak to actually help any of the other PCs.

hmmm well when you put it that way I suppose it would probably be a good idea to avoid the whole human thing all together.  The idea of a runemaster skill would be interesting, since I was thinking of him having forging abilities.  So an angel that decides to disassociate with the others and self-exiles himself, would that be considered a fallen angel or just one of a neutral alignment?

Re Z L

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 12:26:15 AM
hmmm well when you put it that way I suppose it would probably be a good idea to avoid the whole human thing all together.  The idea of a runemaster skill would be interesting, since I was thinking of him having forging abilities.  So an angel that decides to disassociate with the others and self-exiles himself, would that be considered a fallen angel or just one of a neutral alignment?

There are neutral angels, the Fallen would be ones that were specifically cast out for some reason or another
A&A

Drakan

got it thanks ReZL.  Might need your help with choosing a picture but I'll get at it on a character sheet

Saric

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 12:26:15 AM

Well the Dwarves have been on good terms with the Heavens for some time now, and they have the best Runesmiths... Maybe he could have gone on an extended sabbatical to get away from the increasingly tyrannical actions of Heaven and only enter open rebellion now that Templaris has rebelled? That would let you go with an Angelic smith and runemaster build without having to worry about the color of the Angel's wings when you go looking for pictures.

Drakan

Quote from: Saric on December 23, 2018, 12:49:24 AM
Well the Dwarves have been on good terms with the Heavens for some time now, and they have the best Runesmiths... Maybe he could have gone on an extended sabbatical to get away from the increasingly tyrannical actions of Heaven and only enter open rebellion now that Templaris has rebelled? That would let you go with an Angelic smith and runemaster build without having to worry about the color of the Angel's wings when you go looking for pictures.

*nods*  that's a good idea, so rather then self-exile he took an extended leave of absence.

Drakan

alright almost done, just need to finish the physical description and the picture.   So I picked out a few of the latter and need an opinion on which image looks best.  Don't want to steal the goods ones lol

https://ibb.co/smSZTNN
https://ibb.co/1d8PSvn
https://ibb.co/1GLM7kG
https://ibb.co/6Ydwgkf

whats the vote? lol

Re Z L

A&A

Drakan

Alrighty without further adieu

Character: Keos the Branded
Player: Drakan
Type/Faction: Angel-neutral
Age and Gender: Male, Age 1183
Skills/Abilities:
Weapon/Armor forging: A craftsman of war, Keos has forged the tools necessary to battle the enemies of Heaven.  Capable of creating any kind of weapon or armor that could harm demon or angel alike, providing he has the necessary materials to do so.  He also is capable of doing on the spot repairing and maintenance of such equipment.  To go along with Keos' ability to forge the tools of war, he can also imbue them with the 5 traditional forms of magic via runes that he uses forged into the weapon or armor.  A talent he had developed from his time with the dwarves, it is both a strong support technique and also lucrative considering how unique in demand rune-crafting is.

Technomancy:  Passive-Through experience and the knowledge of several centuries Keos had adapted himself to understanding mechanics and technology of the era.  Understanding how something works, being able to cleanly dismantle, reassemble or even discover problems and being able to apply strong and fast repairs.  Several of his weapons and armors that he had forged in his past even carried several mechanical and technological features.  In addition with the knowledge of both human and even dwarven technology he is able to hide himself easily anywhere on Earth as a capable mechanical expert

Angelic Rage:  Elite Skill-Warping his body in red magic, Keos can call on the essence of it to fuel his body with heavenly rage, causing him to lose minor sense of his surroundings for a major boost in his combat abilities.  Doing so grants him additional strength, speed and agility yet the effect can only be triggered if a massive aura of evil is present.  The after effect of the spell however consumes a lot of stamina and normally will leave him tired.

Apperance: During his time in Heaven, Keos was a fine example of angelic being; a proud six foot tall, long auburn hair that danced like the wildest of fires, tanned hardened skins from centuries behind the forge and quicksilver eyes that burned brighter then any flame.  Archaic inscription were tattooed on the upper half of his body which traveled towards his left hand, allowing him to channel his skills with both a sword and a forging hammer through his left arm.  His wings also were inscribed like his body with glowing red glyphs which allow him to channel the rawest of red magic for him to cultivate.  Since his departure however,  he appears like any other human; without wings, bearing no holy presence.  Oddly enough while in Ortonan he decided to have his hair dyed black, and traded in for more impoverished attire.

Background Story: Keos unlike other angels was not one to stand out in his accomplishments and duties.  Though a capable soldier in Heaven's army he spent most of his time  behind a forge.  The weapons and armors used to battle the evils of Hell are examples of his craft, and even after the death of Satan he continued to pour his sweat and strength behind hammer and anvil.  Yet as he watched the leadership of Heaven develop into what it had become, Keos felt a gnawing conflict in his heart.  He watched as his weapons were used to fuel the Illumi's inquisitorial process.  The whisper of even the smallest hint of evil, even if likely untrue or unfounded was still met with a cruelty he had seen often before.  Sickened by this he refused to forge weapons no more and decided that his talents should not serve Heaven at this capacity.  Removing himself from the heavens he resided himself to the great Dwarven stronghold of Ortonan, continuing a very long extended leave of absence, of which he used to his advantage studying rune craftsmanship.

Personality:  Prior to his departure from Heaven, Keos always quiet and reserved.  Especially among other angels he always seemed to present himself as one lower before them usually leaving him hardly speaking to them or just simple oblivious of their presence (even if its him they seek counsel).  Since coming to Ortonan however, he had grown to develop more of a sense of humor, especially after imbibing alcohol and stories with the dwarves.  His anger however, when intimidated or forcibly drawn out can burn with a flame stronger then any forge could fathom.

Saric

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 02:02:18 AM
alright almost done, just need to finish the physical description and the picture.   So I picked out a few of the latter and need an opinion on which image looks best.  Don't want to steal the goods ones lol

https://ibb.co/smSZTNN
https://ibb.co/1d8PSvn
https://ibb.co/1GLM7kG
https://ibb.co/6Ydwgkf

whats the vote? lol

Personally #3 got my vote, as even as a non-combat specialty he comes from a warrior race. Not to mention I'd expect a forgemaster to wear even better armor then the warriors, since he can customize his own to exactly what he wants and needs, as well as because he needs the superior arms and armor to balance out the superior martial skill of his opponents. Then again, he could still be wearing armor and just have that be what he looks like under it. :P

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
Alrighty without further adieu

Age and Gender: Male, Age unknown
Skills/Abilities:
Weapon/Armor forging: A craftsman of war, Keos has forged the tools necessary to battle the enemies of Heaven.  Capable of creating any kind of weapon or armor that could harm demon or angel alike, providing he has the necessary materials to do so.  He also is capable of doing on the spot repairing and maintenance of such equipment.

Runecraft: To go along with Keos' ability to forge the tools of war, he can also imbue them with the 5 traditional forms of magic via runes that he uses forged into the weapon or armor.  A talent he had developed from his time with the dwarves, it is both a strong support technique and also lucrative considering how unique in demand rune-crafting is.

Hidden Appearance:  Angels always had a way of sticking out no matter where they go which often attracted attention both good and especially bad.  Keos having taken an extended period of absence from the heavens felt the need to not draw unwanted attention.  This ability allowed him to mask his angelic aura and mask to all eyes his wings, leaving him to resemble a human, one of untold millions.  Yet the only way to look past this guise for what he truly is relies on knowing where to look.

Fury of the Heavens:  By combining the passion of red magic and the logic of blue Keos can direct a pillar of white fire that burns and incinerates any that comes within contact.  The range of the attack is only a few yards but it is extremely difficult to deflect.  For some blades of the finest metals they would endure but for more standard weapons they would shatter the moment the ability had finished.

Angelic Rage:  Warping his body in red magic, Keos can call on the essence of it to fuel his body with heavenly rage, causing him to lose minor sense of his surroundings for a major boost in his combat abilities.  Doing so grants him additional strength, speed and agility yet the effect can only be triggered if a massive aura of evil is present.  The after effect of the spell however consumes a lot of stamina and normally will leave him tired.

Apperance: During his time in Heaven, Keos was a fine example of angelic being; a proud six foot tall, long auburn hair that danced like the wildest of fires, tanned hardened skins from centuries behind the forge and quicksilver eyes that burned brighter then any flame.  Archaic inscription were tattooed on the upper half of his body which traveled towards his left hand, allowing him to channel his skills with both a sword and a forging hammer through his left arm.  His wings also were inscribed like his body with glowing red glyphs which allow him to channel the rawest of red magic for him to cultivate.  Since his departure however, thanks to his Hidden Appearance skill he appears like any other human; without wings, bearing no holy presence.  Oddly enough while in Ortonan he decided to have his hair dyed black, and traded in for more impoverished attire.

Background Story: Keos unlike other angels was not one to stand out in his accomplishments and duties.  Though a capable soldier in Heaven's army he spent most of his time  behind a forge.  The weapons and armors used to battle the evils of Hell are examples of his craft, and even after the death of Satan he continued to pour his sweat and strength behind hammer and anvil.  Yet as he watched the leadership of Heaven develop into what it had become, Keos felt a gnawing conflict in his heart.  He watched as his weapons were used to fuel the Illumi's inquisitorial process.  The whisper of even the smallest hint of evil, even if likely untrue or unfounded was still met with a cruelty he had seen often before.  Sickened by this he refused to forge weapons no more and decided that his talents should not serve Heaven at this capacity.  Removing himself from the heavens he resided himself to the great Dwarven stronghold of Ortonan, continuing a very long extended leave of absence, of which he used to his advantage studying rune craftsmanship.

Personality:  Prior to his departure from Heaven, Keos always quiet and reserved.  Especially among other angels he always seemed to present himself as one lower before them usually leaving him hardly speaking to them or just simple oblivious of their presence (even if its him they seek counsel).  Since coming to Ortonan however, he had grown to develop more of a sense of humor, especially after imbibing alcohol and stories with the dwarves.  His anger however, when intimidated or forcibly drawn out can burn with a flame stronger then any forge could fathom, which is especially true when a strong  demonic presence is close by.

Okay, a couple of issues here.

First: Mostly formatting issues. To start modify the first img tag so it looks like this (but with brackets) {img height=300}. That will shrink the pic so it doesn't take up the entire page, but people can still click on it if they want to expand it again. I've modified your post with it so go ahead and view the image in the quote so you can see the difference, note that you can't expand an image in a quote but you would be able too in the main post. I've also changed the tags to 'floatright' as that's the code for this site.

Second: Why doesn't he know his own age? Are you unsure of how old to make him? Or is there a specific reason?

Third: I'd recommend combining his abilities to reduce redundancy, the fewer abilities he has, the stronger they all are. So "Runecrafting" could cover the forging of arms, armor, and tools and marking them with Runes of Power, a single general ability that's still strong but doesn't limit you so much. Also Runes, as a form of "Ancient Magic" can have effects beyond the traditional five 'color magics'. Maybe differentiate his skill by making him able to 'spell' runic 'words' with different and more powerful effects? Like being able to imbue a sword with that 'Fury of the Heavens' thing? Or possibly let him mark temporary runes on a piece of equipment in combat, so that you've got something you can do once the fighting has started other then just bashing people with a magic hammer.

Forth: Both 'Fury of the Heavens' and 'Angelic Rage' seem to be a result of raw magic being channels by him, rather then a spell. Perhaps simply give him the ability to inscribe runes upon flesh in general, or his own in particular if that seems too powerful, and make them runic effects that he's inscribed into himself? Otherwise I'd say to make one of his abilities general spell casting, and his 'ultimate' skill the ability to combine two different colors of magic for a more powerful effect, but at the cost of draining himself. Then make 'Fury of the Heavens' be an example of a Red/Blue spell, while 'Angelic Rage' seems more like a Red/Green or Red/White spell.

Fifth: One of the underlying themes of this RP is the way demonkind are not entirely 'evil' while angels are not wholly 'good', so while you can certainly limit 'Angelic Rage' to only function in the presence of evil the bit in his personality about "when a strong demonic presence is close by." is more of a traditional fantasy setting's good vs evil alignment then the deliberately murky grey morality that this game generally aims for.

Any thoughts, questions, comments, concerns? I'd like to help however I can, so you can make the best character you can.

Drakan

Alrighty, sorry I was half asleep when i created this (finishing up a day of work), so I'll get started on the corrections :P  The goofball in me though says "Rats!!! couldn't nail a hole in one."

in regards as to why only using the 5 magics in his rune making skills, well I figured since the technique was fairly new to him that it would seem awkward to have him practically as good if not better by those who practically invented it.  The skill I figure could evolve during the chapters.

In regards to your 4th comment, so would you recommend that i have the skill where he can inscribe the ruins on flesh of anyone or himself and have those two spells be examples of the cross channeling of two types magics?

Saric

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 04:10:11 PM
Alrighty, sorry I was half asleep when i created this (finishing up a day of work), so I'll get started on the corrections :P  The goofball in me though says "Rats!!! couldn't nail a hole in one."

in regards as to why only using the 5 magics in his rune making skills, well I figured since the technique was fairly new to him that it would seem awkward to have him practically as good if not better by those who practically invented it.  The skill I figure could evolve during the chapters.

In regards to your 4th comment, so would you recommend that i have the skill where he can inscribe the ruins on flesh of anyone or himself and have those two spells be examples of the cross channeling of two types magics?

Depending on when you have him get fed up with Heaven and take his 'sabbatical' he could have been studying rune magic for almost a thousand years, that's longer then most dwarven runesmiths live, much less devote themselves entirely to the study of the craft. Got to keep those lifespans in account when developing that power curve! You could still have him develop his personal techniques as things progress and he gets more practice though.

I'd say let him scribe himself freely, but only be able to imbue someone else with a single color of magic in a general way and only temporarily. Then, as he gets more and more practice with working on other people you can add to the duration, complexity, and power of the effect before culminating in his being able to use his cross channeling technique on others. But we should probably try to run this by Lucifia before we get too much deeper into it, just to make sure she's okay with the idea at all! :P

Drakan

Here here, sounds like some good recommendations.  Once Lucifia gives us the thumbs up I will immediately update and fix my character sheet.

Lucifia

Thanks for answer those questions in my little absence Saric! I have a few suggestions if you would like to hear them, Drakan!

Age and Gender: Male, Age 1183
This bit looks good of course.

Skills/Abilities:
Weapon/Armor forging: A craftsman of war, Keos has forged the tools necessary to battle the enemies of Heaven.  Capable of creating any kind of weapon or armor that could harm demon or angel alike, providing he has the necessary materials to do so.  He also is capable of doing on the spot repairing and maintenance of such equipment.  To go along with Keos' ability to forge the tools of war, he can also imbue them with the 5 traditional forms of magic via runes that he uses forged into the weapon or armor.  A talent he had developed from his time with the dwarves, it is both a strong support technique and also lucrative considering how unique in demand rune-crafting is.

I like this one, the 5 colors of magic are definitely in the era of angels and demons. Runesmithing and runes are actually ancient magic known mainly by the dwarves. So it would make sense that Keos would be the only angel to really know about it. That could also have been his excuse for self-exile, that he wanted to learn more about rune magic.

QuoteHidden Appearance:  Angels always had a way of sticking out no matter where they go which often attracted attention both good and especially bad.  Keos having taken an extended period of absence from the heavens felt the need to not draw unwanted attention.  This ability allowed him to mask his angelic aura and mask to all eyes his wings, leaving him to resemble a human, one of untold millions.  Yet the only way to look past this guise for what he truly is relies on knowing where to look.

I'd probably give you this one as a passive non-listed ability. Most abilities are ones that actively have uses. So you can replace this with another ability, or not if you don't want too. Given your history, perhaps might have an ability such as "Technomancer: a strong affinity for technology of any era, allowing easy interface with many different cultures' electronics, enchantments, or other such things

Fury of the Heavens:  By combining the passion of red magic and the logic of blue Keos can direct a pillar of white fire that burns and incinerates any that comes within contact.  The range of the attack is only a few yards but it is extremely difficult to deflect.  For some blades of the finest metals they would endure but for more standard weapons they would shatter the moment the ability had finished.

QuoteAngelic Rage:  Warping his body in red magic, Keos can call on the essence of it to fuel his body with heavenly rage, causing him to lose minor sense of his surroundings for a major boost in his combat abilities.  Doing so grants him additional strength, speed and agility yet the effect can only be triggered if a massive aura of evil is present.  The after effect of the spell however consumes a lot of stamina and normally will leave him tired.

This one would be your major ability I imagine? If so, awesome! It can be marked as the major ability!

QuoteApperance: During his time in Heaven, Keos was a fine example of angelic being; a proud six foot tall, long auburn hair that danced like the wildest of fires, tanned hardened skins from centuries behind the forge and quicksilver eyes that burned brighter then any flame.  Archaic inscription were tattooed on the upper half of his body which traveled towards his left hand, allowing him to channel his skills with both a sword and a forging hammer through his left arm.  His wings also were inscribed like his body with glowing red glyphs which allow him to channel the rawest of red magic for him to cultivate.  Since his departure however, thanks to his Hidden Appearance skill he appears like any other human; without wings, bearing no holy presence.  Oddly enough while in Ortonan he decided to have his hair dyed black, and traded in for more impoverished attire.

Personality:  Prior to his departure from Heaven, Keos always quiet and reserved.  Especially among other angels he always seemed to present himself as one lower before them usually leaving him hardly speaking to them or just simple oblivious of their presence (even if its him they seek counsel).  Since coming to Ortonan however, he had grown to develop more of a sense of humor, especially after imbibing alcohol and stories with the dwarves.  His anger however, when intimidated or forcibly drawn out can burn with a flame stronger then any forge could fathom.[/left]

Excellent bit!

I also have an F-List!

Drakan

Thank you Lucifia, the recommendations are really helpful.  When ahead and applied them, also removed the Fury of the Heavens skill so that seems like a reasonable skill score for him.  Looking forward to participating in your work :)

Lucifia

Awesome, I'll add you to the character roster. In fact, you only have 3 abilities, so I will allow you at some point later to aquire another ability :). You happen to be in Ortanon... perhaps everyone wishes to go there?

I also have an F-List!

Drakan

If so, then I would welcome it.  Since he is one of the few remaining forge angels having served during the war his commodities could be a benefit to any who seeks him out, not to mention since he has decided to remove himself from heaven could be sought out by angel/demon/other alike.  I can get Keos started up whenever your ready.

Saric

Quote from: Lucifia on December 28, 2018, 09:02:51 PM
Thanks for answer those questions in my little absence Saric! I have a few suggestions if you would like to hear them, Drakan!
*snip*

No problem! I've always enjoyed this game, so anything to keep it moving a little smoother I'm happy to help with!

Lucifia

I also have an F-List!

Katra Alexion

Great to see this board up and running again! Is it possible to update old characters from the previous cycle of this game?

Lucifia

I also have an F-List!

Katra Alexion

Sweet! Can characters be aligned with more than one color/magic type?

Lucifia

You may certainly be! I encourage it! All player characters are equal! so no matter what color combination you use, you won't be more or less powerful than another player character!

I also have an F-List!