A DC/ Marvel Universe Of Our Own (Freeform,Sandbox, Everyone welcome)

Started by Norsegod1839, July 10, 2018, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

DC

Marvel

At its most basic I would like to bring together a group of writers and do our own version of a DC or Marvel world. By our own version I mean creating versions of the hero's in the comics and having them come together to form the Avengers or the Justice League. I am looking for a good mix of iconic characters and new ones. Our perspective worlds would have never seen a team like the Avengers of the Justice League.

Any and all Marvel and DC characters are open (we could even tentatively do a universe that combines both if you want.

What or who would we be facing? Well if we get the Marvel One going it will be....

And if we go DC

Again i'm not against merging the two universes or even doing both!

FAQ

1. What type of game is this?

A freeform sandbox game set in the DC or Marvel universe

2. Can I create an original character?

NOTE: At this time I am looking for canon characters because we have so many OC's

3. Will there be time for romance?

Yes! The Avengers and or Justice League will get our versions of avengers tower and the Watchtower

4. Do I need to have a massive amount of comic book knowledge

No you don't! This is going to be our own universe with our own version of the characters

5. Can my characters explore their sexuality?

Yes! This game is entirely open to any and all sexuality and genders

Game Concept

A group of hero's who have previously fought alone band together to fight a big threat for the very first time. After the threat is taken care of the hero's form a team of their own to combat threats that they can't handle alone.

Game Rules

1. No god modding

2. Open to communication (Especially for fight scenes)

3. Here to have fun

4. All characters must be eighteen years of age or older

So if interested drop me a line! In it tell me which universe you want to go with or if you want to combine them!

[float=left][img width=400]http://IMAGE ADDRESS GOES HERE[/img][/float] 
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b] (Your Super Hero Name)
[b]Profession:[/b](what you do outside of crime fighting)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b] (Might be what a villain calls you like "web head" for spidey)
[b]Signature Skill:[/b] (Skill and not power)
[b]Power:[/b] (If you don't have one just put N/A)
[b]Weaponry/Gadgets:[/b] (If you don't have any put N/A)
[b]Costume:[/b] (A picture works fine)
[b]Bio:[/b] A short bio of your character

Recruitment Needs

The following canon characters have been already recruited

1. Batman

2. Wonder Woman

3. Icon

4. Twister

5. Black Widow

There are still MANY canon marvel and dc characters up for grabs.

TheVillain

I intend to make a full app later, just staking interest.

The basic idea is that I’ll be throwing in an updated version of the Texas Twister.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Haybuck

Just to note, I much prefer Marvel. <3

Alias: Minuteman
Profession: Data Science Master's Student
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 171 lbs
Sexuality: Pansexual
Nickname: Tryhard, Americano
Signature Skill: Parkour
Power: Supernatural Reaction Time, 1 Second Futuresight
Weaponry/Gadgets: M1 Garand w/ Bayonet, Two Colt 1911 Double Action Pistols(If you don't have any put N/A)
Costume:  See Picture
Bio: This will be filled out when I have time to do so. Just wanted to get the rest down now. A short bio of your character

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on July 12, 2018, 05:54:32 PM
I intend to make a full app later, just staking interest.

The basic idea is that I’ll be throwing in an updated version of the Texas Twister.

Which were you voting for Dc or Marvel?

Elven Sex Goddess

Face Claim: Vanessa Hudgens

Alias: Wild Billie Hickok

Profession:  Skip tracer (bounty hunter)

Height:  5'9"

Weight:  136 lbs

Sexuality:  Straight

Nickname: Legs

Signature Skill: (Skill and not power)
Power: Hand eye coordination at or better then a elite Olympic level athlete.

Weaponry/Gadgets: Navy colt 45 revolver, mystical in nature never runs out of bullets.

Costume:
Bio: Jane is descendant from Wild Bill Hickok.   Thus the reason she has taken the name of Wild Billie Hickok as her super heroine alias. 

Jane is a mutant with high degree of hand eye coordination that belies logic and commonsense that makes her a great shot with her six shooter. In addition she is able to heal at five times the rate of a normal individual because of her mutant genes.

While attending the university of Illinois.   Jane was recruited into the Secret Service.   Upon graduation she attended the Secret Service boot camp and trained to be a secret service agent.

In her training she achieved marksmen in weapons training.    Trained in tactics,  hand to hand combat and how to deal with hostile perpetrators with the agency.   In addition a investigative skill is developed with the time.   

For three and half years she served in the secret service.   When she due to the climate with mutants decided to leave the secret service and go out on her own.   As she would enter into the world of skip tracing, modern day bounty hunter. 

Within six months she realized most of the skip tracers were enhanced individuals.    Which to pull them in she have to exhibit her mutant abilities more openly.  To hide the fact she is a mutant as Jane that is when she came up with using her famous ancestor name as a super heroine alias.  Of course so far she has technically been a vigilante.   

The one draw back with her gun was it is a mere six shooter.   While on a mission that cross paths with Doctor Strange,  he was so impressed and liked the way Jane handled herself that he gifted her with the magical navy colt revolver.

Character goals: Romance,  action,  intrigue and good plots. 

Her hand and eye coordination level is not just makes her viable with her gun skill but in handling vehicles such as cars, motorcycles and such that do rely on hand and eye coordination.

My Vote:  A morphed DC/Marvel Universe.         

Norsegod1839

Make sure to post which one your going for Marvel DC or both combined.

TheVillain

I can go in any direction but  it’s only fair to point out that the Texas Twister is a marvel character.  So merged?
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Norsegod1839

TheVillain

Norsegod1839

Ah just saw that

So leaning more towards morphed at this point!

TheVillain

Alias: Twister

Profession: Drew is a former ranch hand but is currently unemployed and just trying to survive.

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 185 lbs

Sexuality: Straight

Nickname: "Who the Fuck is That?"

Signature Skill: Drew is an experienced ranch hand, so he's got a collection of minor skills like using a gun, using a lasso, horse-riding, and things like that.

Power: As a result of the accident that's given him his powers, Twister has mysteriously gained a psychokinetic ability to accelerate air molecules. He's called Twister because this ability expresses itself most dramatically as an ability to generate and control Tornados. At least on paper. In practice, making a Twister is easy for him but controlling them isn't so easy.

Twister's body seems to have also been altered to survive the rigors of riding inside and/or getting thrown around by Tornados. It's nowhere near Superman or Thor level invulnerability but he's a lot tougher then a normal person.

Weaponry/Gadgets: A Lasso comes in surprisingly handy if you know how to use it.

Costume: He's too new for a proper costume. That might change.

Bio: Drew Daniels was born in Amarillo, Texas. His father worked the Winged V ranch, so did his father and his father before him. Unfortunately, the world has changed and the economy just doesn't work like that anymore. He was laid off not long ago, and there isn't a whole lot else he knows how to do. Drifting and taking odd jobs to survive, and that's what put him in Pine Creek when the Green Twister hit.

You don't find New Pine Creek on maps anymore, and while nobody knows exactly what happened that day they know that a Tornado hit what they were told was a prototype for what was going to be a nuclear reactor. Supposedly there wasn't even anything radioactive in it but clearly someone lied. 14 people died during the Green Twister, Drew thought he had too when he woke up miles away.

And when he woke up, from a clear blue sky, a Tornado touched down closeby and seemed to be chasing him. He ran as fast as he could and as far as he could until the Twister picked up up and threw him again. It took him a few tries to figure out what was going on and we're all just lucky he didn't get into big towns before it happened but he figured it out. On paper at least, Drew can now work the Wind - including Summoning and Controlling Tornadoes. He can even ride them like Broncs if he gets the timing and the angle right. At least, that's how the power on paper. He's noticed that when he's feeling a strong emotion sometimes the Twisters will touch down anyway...

Now he's on the run, trying to keep calm and keep moving to outrun the storms on the inside and the hunters on the outside. But that's the problem, Drew's a good man on the inside, and out in the world there are so many bad.

Barracade

Alias: Dark Claw
Profession: Billionaire Playboy YouTuber
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 350 lbs
Sexuality: Bi, female preference
Nicknames:
The Taloned Avenger
The Clawed Crusader
Patch Malone
Logan Wayne
"Oh shit!"
"What the fuck!?"
"Oh, God, Why me!???"

Signature Skill
Dark Claw is physically at the peak of human ability in dozens of areas, notably martial arts, acrobatics, and escape artistry. Intellectually, he is just as peerless; Dark Claw is one of the world's greatest scientists, criminologists, and tacticians, as well as a master of disguise, often gathering information under the identity of Patch Malone. Dark Claw often uses cunning and planning to outwit his opponents.
Power
Dark Claw is a mutant with a number of both natural and artificial improvements to his physiology. His primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process widely known as a "healing factor" that regenerates damaged or destroyed areas of his body far beyond the capabilities of an ordinary human and renders him immune to most toxins and diseases.

He can regenerate organs such as eyes and large portions of his body. For example, he can regenerate all of his soft body tissue after having it incinerated from his skeleton within a matter of minutes.

Dark Claw's healing factor affords him increased physical attributes such as superhuman levels of stamina as well as superhuman agility and reflexes.

Dark Claw also possesses super human senses of sight, smell, and hearing. He can see with perfect clarity at greater distances than an ordinary human, even in near-total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to both hear sounds ordinary humans can't, and also hear to greater distances. Dark Claw is able to use his sense of smell to track targets by scent, even if the scent has been eroded somewhat over time by natural factors.

Dark Claw's entire skeleton, including his claws, is infused with adamantium at a molecular level, rendering it practically indestructible. Due to the adamantium coating, the claws can cut almost any known solid material. The only known exception is adamantium itself. Dark Claw's ability to slice completely through a substance depends upon both the amount of force he can exert and the thickness of the substance. The adamantium also weights his blows, dramatically increasing the effectiveness of his punches and kicks.

Dark Claw's healing factor allows him to push his muscles beyond the limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. This is augmented by the constant demand placed on his muscles by over one hundred pounds of adamantium, which also removes skeletal structural limitations. As a result, he can lift or move weight that would damage a human skeleton.

Dark Claw utilizes a large arsenal of specialized gadgets in his war against crime. He has a utility belt and claw-arangs. He has a claw-computer, claw-scanner and a claw-radar.
Weaponry/Gadgets
The gauntlets have sharp blades on their sides as well as the ability to heat or electrify his knuckles and claws
Costume Dark Claw's costume is a mixture of traditional Wolverine’s yellow and blue and Batman’s traditional dark scallop hemmed cape version. The cowl on this costume takes its shape from Wolverine, but incorporates the fangs and bone structure of a bat's face, along with its wings going up the cowl.
Bio
When Chris Wayne was only five he was adopted into the Wayne family shortly before his new parents's murder at the hands of a guy in a trench coat. Chris was then sent to live with his uncle in Alberta, Canada. His uncle was a Royal Canadian mounted policeman, but a short time after Logan arrived in Canada his uncle was murdered by a guy in a trench coat. Logan was then sent to a home ran by nuns, this would be his home until he was eighteen and the nuns were murdered by a guy in a trench coat. When he left the home, he traveled the world, learning a multitude of martial arts from various grandmasters.

Each of these teachers were murdered by the same trench coat wearing dude, filling Chris with more drive to war on crime. Eventually, he came back to America where he was promptly kidnapped by the trench coat man and subjected to the Weapon X super soldier program to make his bones shiny.

Chris soon broke out and escaped towards his hometown where he now wages war against crime mainly by night and sometimes by afternoon.

(P.S. I made this one pretty whimsical, but rest assured this is not a joke post. I fully intend to play this character.)

(P.P.S. As you can tell, I'm definitely in favor of the merged universe!)
"They say it don't be like it is, but it do."
-Science Man
[/size]

Gannameade

Putting my hat in for Icon.

He came from an altered universe so Merged is fine with me.

Norsegod1839

Welcome aboard Ganna.

Okay! So since we have a bunch of OC's now I updated out recruitment needs to showcase that I am looking for canon characters now.

If you have an OC and wish to play a canon let me know! But I do want to get more of the canon characters from these universes in.

Haybuck

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 13, 2018, 10:05:49 AM
Welcome aboard Ganna.

Okay! So since we have a bunch of OC's now I updated out recruitment needs to showcase that I am looking for canon characters now.

If you have an OC and wish to play a canon let me know! But I do want to get more of the canon characters from these universes in.

I could just straight up play Black Widow. My character's very heavily based on her anyways.

TheVillain

And believe it or not, Twister is a completely canon character. [If with a couple tweeks.]

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Haybuck on July 13, 2018, 11:44:19 AM
I could just straight up play Black Widow. My character's very heavily based on her anyways.

If you want Haybuck that's fine!

Norsegod1839

I know Villian! Lol I did have to look him up though! Egg on my face.

Norsegod1839

TheVillain

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 13, 2018, 11:50:36 AM
I know Villian! Lol I did have to look him up though! Egg on my face.

That's kind of by design, no worries. I think except for a few civil war panels they haven't really used him since the 70's.

Norsegod1839

They have not!

Thank god for Wiki though!

I'll probably be going with Spider-man.

Gannameade

Yeah I kinda liked TT myself.

I wasn't sure what time frame we were working with, but I will still with my first pick.  But there were a few other southwestern heroes available.

Norsegod1839

Icon is a great choice Ganna!

Honestly I like the original characters to... I just want to make sure we have a good mixture.

Barracade

"They say it don't be like it is, but it do."
-Science Man
[/size]