Thread notification issues on Gmail

Started by INDYpendent720, April 20, 2020, 01:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDYpendent720

Hi there,

I recently noticed that even when I have notifications enabled for individual forum threads, I'm not receiving emails to my Gmail account. I do get notifications for personal messages and general anniversary type announcements from the webmaster@elliquiy.com email alias. Here's an example of a thread where I have notifications enabled, but am not receiving any emails. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

jouzinka

May be a long shot, but did you check your spam? Gmail is sometimes that funky.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Hrairoo

Yes, I have had trouble with gmail before as well. I like to get the notifications but I don't "read" the email when I get it. I was in the habit of deleting them without even clicking to open them. I learned that if you do this enough times, gmail codes it as spam. At least, that's what happened. So, I had to go in and add Elliquiy to my contacts and made adjustments to the settings where mail received from Elliquiy does not ever go to spam.

INDYpendent720

I did check my spam folder and didn't see anything there. I don't have any blocked email addresses, but did add the webmaster email address to my contacts. It's just odd why personal messages would come through, but not thread notifications. Is there a different automated email address for thread notifications?

Vekseid

Your notification setting is to notify you of 'nothing at all' this it isn't getting sent.

INDYpendent720

:-[ God, I didn't even know there was a separate notifications setting area. Thank you Vekseid!