Werewolves of Miller's Hollow - Game Thread [Town wins!]

Started by Trieste, December 06, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazyth

Ok folks, cards on the table here, even though I'm probably going to die tonight.

I jailed Caeli, who gave me incomprehensible gibberish as her reply to all of my questions.  But that's fine, the questions aren't important.

We have two scenarios, only one of them really possible.

Either Caeli is a wolf, and the other wolf tried to kill her and failed, which I don't think is a thing.  Or the more likely scenario is that Caeli isn't a wolf, and the wolves tried to kill her, which means that with Remiel, Myself, and Imogen off the table (assuming Remiel is the Seer, which I have no reason to doubt) and Caeli not being a wolf, the only remaining possibilites wolves would be Blythe and Scott.

My vote for now is going to land on Blythe.

Please feel free to check my logic.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Remiel

Yeah, just to reiterate, Scott implied that he was the Vigilante.  Since no one stepped forward to dispute his implication, I took it on faith he was telling the truth.

If the real Vigilante is still among us, now's your chance to speak up, or take your secrets to the grave.

Imogen

Imogen rubs her eyes tiredly and turns the pages of her notes. "If what Kazyth says is true - and I have no reason to doubt him - then Caeli cannot be a wolf. There is more than one wolf still around, so even if she'd been a wolf, the other one would have been free to strike. Since no one died, Kazyth's deduction that she was the intended victim seems correct, and that would leave Blythe and Scott as the remaining wolves."

"I too will change my vote to Blythe."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

Blythe shrugs and says, "A vote for me will ensure Team Villager loses. I'm a Villager with no special powers. As I said, my voting record is good, and I'm innocent. I can't prove it, and because I have had no communication with literally anyone in private since persephone perished and no special powers, I have no information to offer. I've been in relative isolation, which unfortunately makes me a ridiculously easy target for the wolves."

Imogen

"Blythe, my dear., or not so dear, wolf," she sighed patiently. "There are no villagers with no special powers left...The seer, watcher, jailer and vigilante are the only ones unaccounted for, and two wolves."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Blythe

Blythe says flatly, "Yes. There is at least one left. And it's me."

Remiel

Imogen is right, you know. I'm sorry, Blythe, but you fail the Turing test.

Trieste

Blythe - 3
Imogen - 1

Yet to vote:
Caeli
Scott

Caeli

Caeli listened to the back and forth uneasily. "All I know is that I seem to have bad luck with my votes, and I was jailed last night and it was cold.  It doesn't make sense that the wolves would choose NOT to target someone given the opportunity. If they targeted me while I was jailed - that would explain why no one died."

"I did indeed answer the jailer's questions with a bunch of gibberish - so I confirm Kazyth is the Jailer.  At this point, I think it makes the most sense that Blythe might be a wolf."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Scott

I had but one bullet, and killed Madam Professor, I don't have a clue anymore, so let's hang Blythe.

Trieste

I’mma give y’all an hour to change your mind if you’re gonna.

Blythe - 5
Imogen - 1

Blythe

Blythe's face takes on a certain mien, perhaps comparable to a famous detective, at the thought of the terrible mistake the villagers were making and the consequences it would have for the town.

"I only hope that you will all find the true wolves in time after I hang from the gallows," he says sadly.

Trieste

And so the village decided that Blythe should be cast into the river, and he did not float like a duck, so Blythe drowned. And since he did not float, it was determined that he was, in fact, a Villager.

Sleep well, everyone!

Night 4: Baby Strikes Back!

Kazyth

“Goddamnit! My reasoning was sound! Logically, it had to be Blythe.” Kaz glares at the hanging corpse for a moment, the storms to his hit and slams the door behind him, certain now that the village was doomed.

Kazyth

Kaz pokes his head out the door just long enough to yell, “Unless Blythe was one ‘o them Stealth Wolves! Can’t even trust werewolves to be honest in death these days!”

Remiel

Yeah, ah well.  At least we can conclude we still got the Stealth Super Camouflaged Wolf, even if it wasn't Blythe.

Blythe, if you were innocent--sorry old chap, you were a victim of faulty assumptions.

Trieste

Day 4: Not Bellyrubbed Enough

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to the townsfolk's wondering eyes should appear

But a dead Kazyth and his Jailer keys.

Remaining:
Scott
Remiel*
Imogen
Caeli

Scott

*After filing his toothbrush into the key to open the cell since the jailer didn't show up to let him out, he finally breaks free and announces "Remiel can not breathe another breath", and goes to digging the hole for the innocent Kaz... somehow burying him is a strangely satisfying after he locked me up. 

Caeli

Caeli helped Scott with the digging of the newest grave. "Honestly at this point, isn't it Imogen who's the most suspicious one?  I admit Imogen has played a clever game with us all, but Blythe was convinced of their guilt at the end."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Scott

The road of life is filled with flattened bun buns who couldn't make a decision, so I shall stick with mine...

Imogen

Imogen shook her head at Scott. "I don't believe in Remiel's guilt" she reasoned.

"Firstly, because the night Caeli was in jail, no one died, and secondly, because..." She pointed at Scott, "Vigilante." Then to Remiel, "Seer". And lastly to herself. "Watcher".

"That means we were right when we suspected Caeli the first time."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Scott

Remiel

"Hey guys guess what. Caeli is the last werewolf.

And I strongly suspect Rummy Tum Tum was the super stealthy ninja wolf after all.  It makes sense.  When Kaz locked Caeli up, there were no deaths that night.  Why?  Either someone tried to attack Caeli and was foiled, or, more likely, Caeli was the last living wolf at that point and was role-blocked from killing anybody.  Blythe was innocent after all, because we had gotten the sheepy wolf the night before and didn't even know it.

Anyway, Caeli."

Caeli

"Well, I guess there's no use denying it at this point - I knew it was dangerous to keep Remiel alive, but..."

Caeli shrugs and smiles. "At least I can happily say I took out four five villagers all by my lonesome?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Scott

I almost shot Blythe the first night for saying werewolf.