Circle of Shadows: Sandbox&Action, Dark Fantasy (HLGBT, NEED MORE AGENTS!)

Started by Roen, December 31, 2015, 05:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

THE TEASE

The young man walked into the dark room, an office in which most objects were black: furniture, office supplies and items of vanity. Even the rare white here and there was tastefully placed to complement the black. It served its purpose, the man named Dorian immediately felt calm, relaxed and safe in the warm arms of the darkness.
His eyes lazily surveyed the room, resting for a moment on a statue that stood there, in front of his desk. It was a strikingly detailed statue of a tall man in a business suit and a long trench coat. Its form was a thing of oddity in the room, as if misplaced completely- since it was carved entirely out of ancient gray marble; so ancient that it was turning slightly green around the edges. The young man popped a sarcastic smile and made his way towards his desk.

Getting in front of the statue, he turned his back to it and gently caressed the glass surface of the table, activating the dimmed LED lights embedded underneath it. There was a newspaper spread open on the table in front of him, a couple of sections were circled with a marker and there were notes as well; actual hand written notes.
"This must be important, for you to deface your form like that." Dorian whispered into the void of the room, all the while studying the notes in front of him. His smile deepened as he sensed the other man shifting behind him.
"Vanity is not one of my sins, Master Gray." The man answered
Dorian made an amused throaty sound and traced a line of marker across the sheet, "Still- Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written-"
"-I would rather boast about the ones I have read." The man finished the sentence. "Borges suits you very well."
"Well, the man was a pompous womanizing scoundrel, I can respect that." Dorian indulged himself in nostalgia for a moment, and then turned his attention back to the newspaper. "I do not see it."

"You need not but look closely, Master Gray."
"-At what?" The young man’s voice flared impatience, "All you've circled are the wanted section and some deluded politician's speech about how he single-handedly managed to lower the state-wide rates of unemployment. What am I to defer from all that rubbish?"
"Not deluded, just self-involved." The shadowy figure corrected, "Unemployment rates have gone down, especially in the bounds of the city's jurisdiction. In fact, it has been the lowest recorded around these parts for the last fifty years, by a milestone of 12%."
Dorian frowned and leaned in to closely study the article. "That cannot be…"
"And, while unemployment is at an all-time low, job offerings are averagely as high - actually, higher still- which means-"
"People have gone missing…" Dorian raised his grey eyes from the finely printed sheet. "Someone is playing a daring game."
"That is a reasonable conclusion."
"Twelve percent… That's…"
"An estimated number. I expect they did not account for large numbers of street kids, gang members and the dead-"
"-They rarely do…" The young male mumbled, his eyes glossed over as his mind was doing the calculations. "We might need some help."
"Direly." The man in the shadows agreed.

"Start scouting." Dorian said and turned around to face the motionless statue. Turning the lights off, the youthful man frowned and turned away, swiftly making his way to the door. "I have property that requires liquidating. Email me the CVs on the shadow network."
"Master Gray-" The reanimated statue began.
"Hmm?"
"-Regarding my memo…"
Dorian breathed deeply, "Not that again."
"I must insist."
"Oh, for heavens'-- Fine, what was it you said? No devil worshipers, no marrow feeders-" The young man rolled his eyes as he counted the conditions on his ring-heavy fingers, "-No necromancers and- oh, what was it again?"
"No child molesters." The shadowy man answered grimly.

"You know, you are oddly judgmental, for someone that constitutes themselves solely on the life energy of humans." Dorian teased.
I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited. The man responded.
"Borges again? Honestly, it is like a broken record with you today."
"In all fairness, he did plagiarize that one from me." The man said pensively, "It was a nasty habit of his, walking around with a pen and a pocket-ledger, quickly pulling it out anytime anyone said anything remotely clever. It could drive lesser men to drastic measures-"
"-William." Dorian stared directly into the darkness. His gaze was uncharacteristically sharp and grave. "I will do my best to adhere to your preferences, but you would do well to remember who and what we are."
"We are the saviors of this world." The man answered, stern yet softly, as if he thought the younger male needed to be reminded of that.

Dorian weighed the words offered before replying. "That may be." He finally replied, "But we are also not the good guys." With that, he turned around and left the angel alone in the dark.

A soft rustle could be heard from the depths of the room. It was the dry sound of a newspaper being picked and folded carefully.

AND so it BEGINS

A simple introduction: This is Circle of Shadows, it's a game that revolves around a private shadow company, owned and maintained by people of unique skills and attributes; Or, in another word: Monsters. These are not your typical horror-movie monsters, but sentient monsters, similar in a way to the classic Victorian style, humans touched by monstrosities or monsters touched by humanity. That's you, this is what you'd be playing, your very own custom-made and modernized versions of a monster. The company is situated in a huge metropolis of a city, and its designated purpose is to locate, investigate and eliminate potential supernatural threats.

In full disclosure, I have ran this game before, about a year ago. It went quite smoothly and successfully, but I was going through a rough patch and had to take a step back. Since it went so nicely and had a lot of potential, I felt like it deserves a second chance. SOME of the original players will be joining us, but this is a fresh run by all aspects and means.

This game will be GMed by Kingmaster1, RegretNot and myself.

This game will be Freeform, all substantial decisions made by the GMs, adhering to common sense and reason.

WHAT is this GAME ABOUT?

This game will have several layers of activity:

Headquarters Gameplay.[The Sandbox] There will be a great complex for the company, which will include several training facilities, recreational rooms, living quarters (dens customizable by the players, adhering to their monsters' needs), work spaces and utility rooms. That is where your characters will be getting their R&Rs between missions, interacting with one another, having training sessions, either solo or cooperative, discussing past missions and being briefed for the next ones. You may also choose to sit a mission out if you prefer to enjoy the free roaming aspect of the game for a spell. This here will be the sandbox aspect of the game, the heart of it, where you can really put your characters' diversities and conflicts with one another (or one-selves) to use. Do you have some beef to resolve with your teammate about the last mission? Do you have a problem with The Company's regulations or do you want to bargain for a better contract/more convenient working conditions? Do you simply have a story of your own to write and invite other characters into it? This is where it happens. GM events will include briefings, debriefings, staff meetings, group training sessions, personal evaluations etc.

The Missions.[The Action-Based] These will be the manifestations of the plot in the game. The action aspect of the Snadbox/Action theme. The missions are going to be GM events along the game, which will include assigned agents of The Company, and they will be sent out- either to investigate a potential threat, deal with one, and/or retrieve a desirable objective (be it an item or a person). The missions are going to be random in content, the threats are going to be seemingly unrelated to one another, just a collection of eclectic incidents, but there is a major scheme in play and in the grand plot- The Company's final goal is to identify the great forces working behind the scenes and stop them. This part of the game will be the thing that keeps all the other parts moving, a way to progress time, plot and character dynamics all together. Missions will usually be designed for a functioning team, each time with a different setup and under different leadership (as your characters prove themselves, they will be eligible for mission leader roles).
The Recruitment. An extra feature. Some of you might choose to start as newly recruited members of The Company, but some might like to be recruited at the beginning of the IC. We're going to design it in a way that some missions' objectives would actually be the recruitment of a new agent, if the agent's own background story is interesting enough and if it offers a challenge substantial enough to call for a mission. YES, an entire mission that revolves around your character! Only go there if you have the patience to wait while all of the previously recruited are going through the plot. Some players feel their inspiration/muse/feel for the game dwindle after a long wait. It’s understandable, but don’t go there if you expect that to happen to you.

THE CHARACTERS

At this stage, each player is allowed one main character.

What can you play? You can play any type of monster you'd like. Take whatever monster you know, from folk stories, legends, books, comics, movies, TV-shows, and create a passably modernized version of it. They don't have to be from the city itself, The Company's reach is long and wealthy of resources, but they do have to be interesting. We can't stress this enough, we'd like you to dig deep and create complex and rich backgrounds to your characters, interesting personalities, substantial set of values and ideals, something we could work with. This game thrives on character dynamics, we can create fascinating plots and heart-pumping missions, but it won't be half as entertaining without some solid group interactions and drama. Drama is vital for the sandbox part of this game.

That said, you may also play humans, but they need to have some very special qualifications to draw the eye of the Company, be it abilities, skills mental capacities or even personality traits. A man/woman among monsters, it might be fun to play.

As said by Dorian in the teaser, we are not the good guys. The Company's intentions might be noble, but it consists of monster-men/women. The morals are going to be blurred and shoddy, grey at best. Some of the means won't be acceptable to some of the characters, possibly downright monstrous to most human beings, and that's perfectly fine, because we are in the business of monsters. Sometimes, monsters just don't know any better.
However, unless your character sheet is fantastically riveting, and gives a compelling reason for it, we won't be having any characters that are completely evil.

You REALLY don't have to be kind-hearted or even 'good', it might work for one or two characters, tops. Your character can be vain, provocative, depraved, narcissistic, conniving etc. - honestly, it helps the game to create conflicts and get the group dynamics into overdrive. I want characters that live in the grey. To test and challenge the various definitions of 'good' and 'bad', ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, ‘humane’ and ‘monstrous’ and the conflicting personal and conventional perspectives that define them.

When it comes to power ratings, be reasonable. We're going to talk to you about your powers and establish limitations where we see fit; but when you envision your character's strengths and abilities, steer clear of the downright epic. Think Penny Dreadful level of abilities, think Lord of the Rings or Buffy the Vampire Slayer' level of powers, rather than the demon from Silent Hill. 

And now, to the character sheets.

Just a couple of pointers to keep in mind before you dive in:

For your character pictures, please use pictures of real life models only! Realistic looking video games and 3D rendering is ok too. It's easier for people to relate to and it makes us take your character more seriously. If there isn't a real-life picture that matches the monster-effect you wanted to convey, you can include a link/spoiler for the artwork/concept art below, in the Appearance section.

Character sheets will be posted in this thread, but if you'd like to keep some of the information a secret, just use a -CLASSIFIED- tag in the corresponding section.
For example:

Name: Dylan Knobb
Sex: Male
Race: -CLASSIFIED-
Keep in mind that you will have to PM us the fully disclosed character sheet, you can't use the tag just to avoid writing a section down ::)

Keep your pictures safe for work. If your picture is NSFW- put it in a spoiler with a proper warning. Some of our players are logging in from work or joined work spaces.

All characters should be at the age of 18 or above. we might make exceptions (down to 16), but we'd expect a compelling reason for it. That includes how your character looks like, using a 10,000 years old ghost that's trapped in the body of a 15 year old won't work (and it's against the site's rules).

The explanations are marked with stars (**). They are for your information, you should edit them out from the finished character sheets. Just putting it out there. 

THE CHARACTER SHEET:

[float=right][img height=350 padding=7]*Your Character picture's url here!*[/img][/float]
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Age:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Sex:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Race: [/u][/b] *General Classification. Is it a human? An undead? A demonling/demon touched?*
[b][u]Type:[/u][/b]*A more specific classification, what kind of a monster is your character? What type of monster is it based on?*
[b][u]Origin:[/u][/b]*Where did you get the monster from? What book/movie/franchise/mythology? Wikipedia links are great here.*
[b][u]Notable Abilities/Skills:[/u][/b] *Make sure to list them all*
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Notable Equipment:[/u][/b] *If there's anything special in your character's possession, that exceeds the reasonable everyday property- be it weapons, special tech, enchanted artifacts, list it here.*
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Role:[/u][/b] *What role do you envision for your character to take in the company/the operational squad? Keep in mind, The Company might have different plans for your character*
[b][u]Recruitment Status:[/u][/b] Recruited/Yet to be recruited. *If you want to play out your recruitment process, leave the 'yet to be recruitment' one. Doing so would mean that you (and I) will have to think of a reason to make a mini-plot out of your character's recruitment process.*
[b][u]Employment History:[/u][/b] *No need for a list of previous jobs, but if your character has been recruited- how did it come to the employment of The Company?*
[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b] *If there's anything not shown in your picture that you'd like to mention (such as eye color, hair, any missing details), you can write it down here or link/spoiler a corresponding picture/concept art.*
[b][u]Sexuality:[/u][/b] *Your character's sexual orientation. You can also include sexual role (top/bottom/switch/dom/sub etc.). This game isn't a smut kind of game, but just to let people know what kind of pairings your character is available for.*
[b][u]On/Off:[/u][/b]*Link your on/off list here. If your character has any additional limitations that don't correlate with yours put them here as well*
[b][u]Personality: [/u][/b] *Personalities will be widely explored during the game, just put a general description here*
[b][u]Background:[/u][/b] *Your character's story, its history.*
[b][u]Merits:[/u][/b] *Your character's strengths. Not to be confused with abilities. You need to have at least 2 and it should match the number of your character's Shortcomings.*
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Shortcomings:[/u][/b] *Your character's weaknesses. You need to have at least 2, and it should match the number of your character's Merits.*
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][u]Hobbies: [/u][/b] *Yeah, why not?*
[b][u]Face Claim:[/u][/b] *If you know who's the cutie in your picture, we'd like to know that too. For… Research purposes…*
[b][u]How did YOU Find Us?[/u][/b] *This might be odd, it's for my own information. I sometimes advertise through different channels and ways, I'd like to know what works and what doesn't. Thanks in advance.*

GM CHARACTERS!
The Boss-
Dorian Gray (Roen)
Name: Dorian Gray
Race: Human
Type: Immortal Human
Origin: "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde.
Notable Abilities/Skills:

• Fast Regeneration. He's not just immortal, he heals pretty damn fast.
  • Keen Sense for Business. He knows a good deal when he sees it, he doesn't just know how to get what he wants, he knows when to back off or be flexible as well.
  • Personal Charm. He can be pretty damn suave when he puts his mind to it.
Notable Equipment:

• Money. He can get whatever equipment he damn well pleases.
  • A Self Portrait.
Role: The Boss. Yes, he is. He's the boss and owner of The Company.
Recruitment Status: Depends  on the day.
Employment History: Dorian has founded The Company almost half a decade ago. It was a holding and investment company at first, but soon enough he got bored with making money. Plus, he discovered that doing good deeds is good for your skin.
Appearance: Pretty much what you see in the picture.
Oh, and…

Sexuality: Pansexual (He's into anything, but I'd prefer mXm. Willing to make exceptions, depending on his mood.)
On/Off: Click Here
Personality: Dorian can be extremely moody at times, but it somehow seems forced when he's anything but indifferent. He gets bored quickly, and side-tracked quite often. He is nothing if not reasonable most of the time, not to be confused with responsibility, there's a good reason why he has two angels in his employ.
Background:
Who doesn't know the infamous short story by Oscar Wilde, 'The Picture of Dorian Gray'? Well, there is a story behind every fiction and there is a reason behind every superstition. Dorian became painfully aware of that at a very early stage of his life. Born to a wealthy aristocratic family of the late 19th century, at the peak of the Victorian age, Dorian Gray never wanted for anything- but that certainly didn't stop him from making demands. He was the very definition of indulgence and hedonism. His striking beauty, lazy charm and entitlement, combined with his impulsive nature and tendency to get bored, have turned him into a social adventurer at an alarmingly early age. It didn't take long for him to be tired with proper society conventions, and he soon became obsessed with the strange, the depraved and the exotic.

Dorian would have become an explorer had he either the patience or motivation for traveling.  No, he seek the enticing thrill of the peculiar closer to home- in the company of women, men, blue collared beasts, carnival folk, the dispossessed, the insane, artists and even gypsies. The last two were his downfall.
Dorian's curse didn't start at a party, painted by some celebrated artist among the empire's aristocratic finest, that absurd notion was conceived in Wilde's feverish mind; Mainly because the real story was so utterly cheesy and worn out, it was practically a cliché, but also because it was too socially unacceptable, even for Wilde's taste. Dorian's portrait was the work of a lover, a gypsy wildling of a man of true gypsy blood. They were the hardy and –evidently- proud Romani. That beast of a man called himself Shandor.

Shandor was a passionate lover, and a lame poet- to Dorian's surprised discovery. They have spent many nights together, both being insatiable male specimens at their prime. Shandor had a temper that Dorian has never seen before in all of his dubious adventures. Witnessing one of his furious fits was truly a magnificent experience, breathtakingly awe inspiring and enticingly frightening. What's more, the man seemed to be strangely immune to Dorian's melodramatic mood swings and thorny sense of humor, shrugging the young man's worst lashings with a quirk smirk and a nudge towards the bed. Their relationship was both excitingly forbidden and strangely comforting, and for a while- it almost seemed as if Dorian has finally found his peace.

Things started taking a turn for the worse when Shandor shared with Dorian the story of his younger sister- a painter as talented as any of the empire's finest. He claimed that she was so talented, in fact, that she was forbidden from drawing any living subjects. Her powers, he said, would trap a sliver of the subject's soul inside the painting, and sometimes the paintings moved or changed in the dead of night. Shandor could immediately see the mistake he had made, therefore he went on and clarified that his young sister's talent had brought nothing but grief and misfortune upon his sister and their troupe. He insisted that Dorian would swear to never tell the story of his sister to anyone else, and that he would never act upon it. Anyone that truly knew Dorian could tell: being told such a fascinating and exotic story, and soon after being forbidden from further investigating it was too much of a temptation for him to resist.

Shandor's younger sister, Mirela, wasn't hard to find, and she was even easier to seduce. She was such a gullible young thing, so delicate and naïve, Dorian almost felt guilty for trapping her in his web of lies. Almost, but not enough to resist. Apparently, she had no knowledge of Dorian's association with her older brother, which made it so much easier to seduce her into sharing her body and talent with him. It didn't take long before he had seen how gifted she truly was, and although he didn't fully believe Shandor's stories about the dire consequences of her unusual talent, Dorian thought it would sure make for a riveting theme for a party.
So, he gathered all of his notorious and hedonistic friends, and invited them all to an evening of fine dining, pleasurable exchanges and the introduction of his gypsy witch. Six portraits were painted that night, at least until an uninvited guest arrived.

Shandor's fury was truly astonishing, and Dorian would have enjoyed it- if he wasn't the object of the man's inhibited violence. The guests fled the house without looking back as the gypsy man was pounding again and again into the bleeding form that was once so beautiful and spotless; breaking his ribs, breaking his nose, his left hand, rapturing his spleen and tearing his bowels. By the time Shandor's fury subsided, Dorian's skull had already caved in. Seeing his past lover bleeding on the floor, in a pool of blood that was soon to be his death bed, Shandor knew that his rushed actions had doomed not only his fate. An aristocratic noble man brutally murdered by a gypsy? His entire troupe, including his sister, would be persecuted and sent to the gallows. With the lesser of the two evils in mind, he turned to his sister and asked her–nay, BEGGED her- to paint one last portrait.

Dorian woke up the next morning, in his bed, as healthy and as handsome as he ever was. Seated on a chair next to his bed was a perfect recreation of his features in oil, blood and some Romani tears.

The rest of his story was as Wilde has told it. Over the years, Dorian was a swindler, a thief, an adulterer, a murderer and a conspirer, all to protect his secrets and survive in his new condition. One lie after another got him to spiral down a dark path of becoming a monster. The thing that ended up saving him was Wilde's story and later on novel, he discovered that becoming a well-known fiction was the best way to hide in plain sight.
Merits:

• Wealth. As specified above. Over the years, Dorian has done exceptionally well for himself. Investing wisely and feeling untouchable can get a man very far in this world.
  • Portrait. He's not just immortal, he's indestructible. You could chop him down to small pieces if you can stomach it, and he'd still assemble back into himself.
  • The Boss. If you want to get to him, there's a whole line of talented (and often frightening) people you'd have to go through.
Shortcomings:

• Wealth. He's lazy and spoiled, sometimes downright unreliable.
  • Portrait. You destroy the painting, you kill the man once and for all. You'd have to find and get to the painting first, though.
  • Dependency. He's not self-sufficient at all. He always had someone to take care of him.
Hobbies: Anything recreational (Gambling, Drinking, Fornicating, Substance Abusing, Indulging in all sorts of depravities).
Face Claim: Rupert Friend.
How did YOU Find Us? What do you mean, how I found you? I MADE YOU! :P

The Advisor-
William (Roen)
Name: William, "The Newspaper Guy"
Race: Appears human
Type: A Weeping Angel.
Origin: Doctor Who.

• Dematerialization. He's fast, faster than you can believe. That's not just a line. Whenever nobody looks at him, William's speed can almost be considered as teleportation.
  • Quantum Locked. Whenever in trouble, he can turn into stone… And you can't kill a stone.
  • A Scholar of Philosophy. All the greatest authors- he has read, all the most celebrated thinkers- he had met, he is an never-ending fountain of wisdom and advice, even when you're not asking for it.
Notable Equipment:

• Newspaper. William always carries a newspaper with him, and he usually hides behind it. He considers the newspaper a part of his face, of his form.
  • Bandages. In order to allow himself the breathing room, not being constantly turned into stone whenever somebody is looking at him, William has covered his entire body in shrouds. They are tightly wrapped around each and every part of his body, he almost never takes them off.
Role: Mr. Gray's personal advisor. The second-in-command. He’s also The Company's recruiter and martial arts trainer. He currently heads all of the missions (that’s about to change).
Recruitment Status: A founding administrator.
Employment History: -CLASSIFIED-
Appearance: Pretty much what you see in the picture, a thin and tall man holding a newspaper. When the newspaper is removed, you see a tall man in a suit and sunglasses, his body wrapped in bandages from head to toe with a pair of dark-glass goggles covering his eyes.

Sexuality: If you like the touch of bandages, he'd take you.
Personality: William holds his moral standards extremely high. However, being not of the human race, he has his own unique views on 'right' and 'wrong'. When you finally reach his hard lines- it's like hitting a brick wall. That said, he is mostly pleasant company, although somewhat tiring at times, since he likes turning anything into a philosophical debate.
Background:
No one knows how it was that William came to be on this planet, or even when. He seems to be knowledgeable in history of most ages, though he'd only confess to the written one. For all Dorian knows, William might be as old as time itself, since the Angel never felt comfortable enough discussing his past and origins with his employer. Have you ever tried interrogating a statue?
Merits:

• Master of Martial Arts. Even with his materialization to slow him down, William is a skilled fighter of most schools and techniques.
  • Scholar As said above, William is an avid collector of philosophies, a grand part of his collection is dedicated to the art of war and leadership.
  • Advisor. He is probably the closest guy to the big boss, so far he has been the only one to make him see reason.
Shortcomings:

• Quantum Locked If his disguise is compromised and there's a lookout, there's little he can do to stop from being trapped as a statue. The lookout better not blink, though.
  • Idealistic. It's extremely hard for William to compromise on his values and judgment, that might turn him into a liability in the field.
  • Newspaper. His insistence on constantly holding his newspaper up front leaves his hands usually occupied. He is pretty damn good fighting with his feet, though.
Hobbies: Reading, anything and anytime. Mostly his newspaper.
Face Claim: None.
How did YOU Find Us? Irrelevant.

The Gopher-
Mikael Milkbone(Roen)
Name: Mikael Milkbone (yep). Also Mika (mai-ka), Mikey and "Here, Boy!"
Race: Humanoid.
Type: An Angelic-Possessed Canine.
Origin: Original.

• Keen Senses. Smell, Hearing, Sensing Vibrations, his senses are as heightened as any other common canine.
  • Hugging. Mikael is a really good hugger. Fantastically great hugger.
  • Canine Transformation. Simply put, he can turn into a remarkably large golden retriever.
  • Angelic Powers. This one is pure guesswork. Mikael has never used his angelic powers since he made himself available for Dorian's service. But he's bound to have some… Right?
Notable Equipment:

• Collar. He owns one.
Role:Delivery boy, heavy-lifting, The Company's mascot and house pet, a gopher of sorts. He doesn't mind, he loves fetching things.
Recruitment Status: A veteran employee.
Employment History: William and Mikael go way back. When William joined The Company to stand by Dorian's side, he brought Mika along with him, and the large man quickly grew on everyone, including Dorian.
Appearance: His humanoid form is what you see in the picture, although perhaps more heavily built and wide jawed. As for his dog form-
Who's a good boy?

Sexuality: He'd hump anything. Be gentle, though.
Personality: Mikael is the nicest guy you'd ever meet. He gets along with anyone, which might pose as a problem for those who aren't comfortable with physical affection. He'd hug you when you first meet him, as if you've been a long lost friend. When you walk into a room, he'd be very excited to see you- even if you saw him just an hour ago. Mikael is the perfect cure for depression, but he can be a bit overbearing if you just want to have a moment to yourself. He's very fuzzy on boundaries; keep your shoes under lock and key. 
Background:
Mikael, at least the one that we know today, is the result of an accident and a poorly aimed descent to earth. The angel that was Mikael was tasked with a heavenly mission, and was sent down to earth in order to complete it. His kin cannot truly manifest flesh in the material world, they are forced to inhabit recently deceased bodies. The rest you can probably imagine, can't you? There was a car accident at an interstate road one night, a 45 tons delivery truck slid on the frosty road and practically crushed into a family car containing two mature adults and four of their children, The truck itself was derailed into a ditch.

There were plenty of bodies to choose from. Unfortunately for Mikael, his angel accidentally landed inside the truck driver's trusty dog. The angel tried to get out of the wrong body, but the flesh-healing process has already started and he was stuck. During his last conscious moments, the angel desperately sacrificed the remainder of his energy to give the dog a capable human form. That was how Mikael was created, without any meaningful knowledge of his formal existence, of the mission he was sent down to earth with or where he was headed. He knew his mission was of crucial importance, but he couldn't remember what it was. Mikael was lost.

Fortunately for him, lost things usually find their way into the hands of a collector, and after aimlessly wandering across Europe, Mikael found a gentle owner to take him in. William was so kind and patient with him, that he immediately earned Mikael fierce loyalty and devotion.

Merits:

• Physical Strength. When the angel gave the dog a capable human form, he wasn't kidding about the 'capable' part. Mikael has an extraordinary upper body strength, he's not much of a fighter, but when raw strength is needed- Mikael comes running.
  • Loyalty. Mikael is fiercely loyal, he would do anything for his friends. He would (and has) take a bullet to protect any of them, putting his own safety aside.
Shortcomings:

• Naïve. Mikael is too quick to trust, even when he clearly shouldn't.
  • Social Ignorance. Social subtleties are lost on him, he can't be taken into covert assignment, unless you want to present him as your 'simple' cousin from the country-side. That wouldn't be nice, though. Shame on you for even considering that!
Hobbies: Playing, Cuddling, Running, Jumping, Yelling at the mailman and relentlessly searching for a neighborhood cat that would play with him (bunch of jerks).
Face Claim: Dimitris Papadakis.

The Computer/Tech Guy-
Leopold Sharp (Roen)
Name: Leopold Sharp (NEVER Leo!)
Race: "Human".
Type: -CLASSIFIED-
Origin: N/A

• Banging Computer Wiz. You know how some hackers would boast about breaking to the CIA internal network and hacking the government? Well, Leopold once replaced the CIA network, they never were the wiser. It was a particularly boring afternoon. He later deconstructed the stolen network and rebuilt it as The Company's shadow network.
  • Mathematical Genius. Honest, he's practically autistic.
  • Technical Engineering. Everyone needs a hobby, right?
Notable Equipment:

• His laptop, his tablet, his smartphone. Touch any of those, and you're dead.
Role: Hacker, Tech Guy, Resident IT department.
Recruitment Status: A veteran employee.
Employment History: Dorian once called technical support about a faulty router. He didn't actually own a router, but he was tipped about a certain IT rep. Within the first 3 minutes of the call, Leopold managed to hack into the Company's expense account and Dorian's offshore savings account, transferring a ridiculous portion of it into 570 different charity funds. He was hired on the spot.
Appearance: Same as the picture above. Additional information is -CLASSIFIED-.
Sexuality: -CLASSIFIED-.
Personality: For those who have just met Leopold, the young man seem dry and uncaring. There is a flat tone to his voice that can drive a monk into a furious rampage. He either isn't able or isn't interested in diction; his monotonic vocal demeanor is almost alarming. Those that have known him for a while could tell you that he's also a prickly jerk.   
Background:
Hi, it's me.

Who do you think you bloody are, trying to access my personal files?
Piss off.

Ahem…
-CLASSIFIED-

L.
Merits:

• "Beautiful Minds" type of intelligent. He's a genius, pure and simple.
  • Agile Mentality. He might not be much in the way of physical strength and agility, but he can recognize, decipher and solve logical and technical problems faster than it would take you to unlock your phone.
Shortcomings:

• Dickhead.He's not easy to work with, which is why he usually stays in his lab.
  • Social Ignorance. Much like Mikael, he's clueless about how to carry himself around people. Not because he's an angelic possessed dog, mostly because he thinks everybody else is profoundly stupid.
Hobbies: Deconstructing complex software and high-end tech, playing video games and creating a couple at a novice level.
Face Claim: Burn Gorman.

WHAT am I LOOKING for?

First and foremost- we’re looking for a third co-GM. This is going to be a very demanding game to manage, so if you're excited about the idea and have the time to put into this, we'd like your help! I'm talking about an equal partnership in the managing of the game, I'm talking about building the settings, doing the required research, handling the GM events with me and brainstorming together to make this game truly fantastic. PM ME if interested!

Players wise- at this preliminary stage, I'm thinking about a small recruitment of 5-6 players. That depends on how many Co-GMs I get to help me with this. This also depends on how well the game and the plot goes, how many interested parties are found and how smoothly the game goes in the wet run.

Posting Rate- Every game has its preliminary stage of excitement and hype, when the posting rate is pretty crazy. Once it settles down, though, I think we're looking at 1-2 posts per a week, depending on how action-packed the game is at that week.
Posting Length- I really couldn't care less how long your posts are. I like the meat of the post, the actual thing people are supposed to react to. Commentaries can be so cool and fascinating, but only if you actually have something to comment about. I'd rather that you post a 1-2 paragraphs' post and not feel the need to pad your posts up for the word count. Be comfortable with your inspiration, write as much as it feels natural to you at that moment. Not every post has to be a work of art.

This isn't going to be a first-come-first-served kind of a deal. we apologize in advance, group dynamics and group setup are very important to us at this stage, so we will bide our time with the approving process on some cases. In other cases, I might see a character that is exactly what I'm looking for, and then the process will be a lot quicker. Doesn’t imply anything about the player’s or the character’s quality.

In terms of roles that I'm looking for, they vary, but there are also a few specific slots that require filling:

A Cook- Don’t laugh, the HQ is where they live, they need to eat. Would be nice to see a character that could also double as a cook.

MORE AGENTS! NEW MONSTERS! We want YOU(r freaky freak)!

*NEW!* LINKS *NEW!*

GM NOTES

• 23/01/16: Recruitment REOPENED!
  • 16/01/16: CoS: IC- Missions thread- CREATED!
  • 14/01/16: CoS: IC- HQ thread- CREATED!
  • 05/01/16: Approved Characters Thread- CREATED.
  • 05/01/16: RegretNot has Joined the GM Team!

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

wander

Bringing in Johnny Pilgrim for this, as stated before. :)

Should I repost his character sheet here, Roen?

Roen

Hi, Wander, absolutely!

Give people a chance to see some of the characters that are already approved for the coming game :P

-Nathan Alterman.

Caela

I'll bring Alexia back...someone has to keep all the darned paperwork (not to mention Dorian!) in line! lol

Name: Lorelei Alexia Thorne-Thompson
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Type: N/A
Origin: N/A
Role: Secretary || Dorian's Personal Assistant
Recruitment Status: Recruited

Notable Abilities/Skills: Being human, Alexia's notable skill is her mind. She has a photographic memory, remembering everything she hears, sees, smells, feels, with perfect clarity. Along with this "gift" also came the ability to see connections, to find correlations and see consequences so many steps down the line that it would border on precognition...if she believed in such a thing.

Working for the Company this has some very practical applications; she never forgets an appointment she's scheduled, she never forgets where a report is filed, or what was in it if the physical copy needs to be destroyed. She can also sit in, quietly, on a meeting and look as if she's taking notes, and then repeat back, verbatim, not just what everyone said, but every suspicious, or telling, glance that passed between the players as well.

Notable Equipment: N/A unless power suits are notable.

Appearance: At work, Alexia is all business, tailored suits, hair neat and tidy, minimal make-up, without making herself look like a nun. She is well aware of her looks and knows how to look professional but still play to her physical assets as well. Outside of work she is more relaxed and "let's her hair down" both literally and metaphorically. Her clothing becomes more casual but is still tailored and still plays up her figure without being trashy. She also has a penchant for changing her hair in dramatic ways. Dark auburn and long one day, short and platinum blonde the next. While th length may take more time than the color to change, you can never really know what to expect from her and she likes it that way.

Sexuality: Heterosexual
On/Off: Ons: Alexia enjoys a bit of S/M with her sex but only in the bedroom. She's a light masochist and enjoys some bondage, a bit of pain to spice her pleasure, and power play.

**Outside the bedroom however, she considers herself the equal of anyone she encounters and won't stand for being treated as less.

Offs: Bathroom play, bestiality, maiming, underage, anyone who treats her as *just* a human or *just* a woman. Treating her as less in any way is the fastest way to ensure you'll never see her in any state of undres!

Personality: Often caught up in her own mind, Alexia can come off as cold or indifferent on a first (or seventh) meeting. If a person takes the time to crack through the brainiac shell, however, and learn how to pull her out of her own thoughts, they will find a sensual, kind, loyal, passionate woman with a love of books, music, dancing, good food, movies, almost anything that can get her out of her head for awhile.

Background: Born Lorelei Alexia Thorne-Thompson, she quickly got used to going by her middle name when she started school. Lorelai, though she found it pretty, did nothing but get her teased, and with her already odd (even at a young age) demeanor, and ability to breeze through even the most difficult of subjects, the last thing she needed was to give cruel children any more ammunition for teasing her. Luckily for her, one of her teachers recognized just how gifted the young Alexia was and knew of a special school for children like her, prodigies of various stripes and interests. It would have been expensive under normal circumstances, but with her test scores, and her (single) mother's lack of resources, she qualified for both an a scholarship that covered her tuition as well as room and board.

Being sent to a boarding school, away from her family, didn't really thrill her initially but once there, in a place that nurtured her, among other children with their own mental talents (though none quite like hers) and interests, she had to admit, that it was probably the best idea her mother had ever agreed to. She'd never have been able to get the proper support and education she needed from the public school system and would, most likely, have fallen through the cracks.

Employment History: Alexia hasn't worked anywhere but for the Company. She hasn't bothered to dig deep enough into personnel files to determine just when her particular gift brought her to their attention, it doesn't really bother her. After her graduation two agents showed up and made her a job offer she couldn't refuse. For her it wasn't the promise of money (which sounded formidable to a freshly graduated young woman) but the promise that she would never be bored that clinched her saying yes in barely a heartbeat. She's been with them since and will admit that those agents weren't wrong...she's never had reason to complain of boredom.

Merits:
Generosity - Most people don't realize just how generous Alexia is, but a portion of her pay goes back to the school that educated, and another goes to her Mother. She also helps people in need when she thinks no one will find out it was her doing.
Integrity - You won't find someone more honest than Alexia...of course it's mostly because she doesn't usually see the point in lying more than from any inborn altruism.

Shortcomings:
Temper - Alexia becomes easily frustrate, or angry, when others don't listen to the cool logic and reason that she offers.
Overly Intellectual - With a mind like hers, it's easy to get lost in her own thoughts and miss out on actually living her life.

Hobbies: Alexia loves being physical, it reminds her to get out of her head. Running, rock climbing, horseback riding, dancing, swimming, tennis; you name it, she's willing to try it!

Face Claim: Scarlett Johansson
How did YOU Find Us? The Group Roleplays Wanted board on E.[/spoiler]

Inari

I am interested... too many ideas running around in my head though. Kitsune, Tengu, Nephilim... so many possible ideas! X3

Roen

Quote from: Starcry on December 31, 2015, 05:28:08 PM
I am interested... too many ideas running around in my head though. Kitsune, Tengu, Nephilim... so many possible ideas! X3
Awesome,
Nephilim, though- keep in mind we already have two angels in the mix  ;D

-Nathan Alterman.

Chasseybaby

Count me in, I think Ill go with that Siren idea Ro, Ill start on my CS today for you. ^^

Twisted iN Tux

Certainly interested. Character sheet forthcoming! Btw, I'd like to claim the role of HQ Cook.

bubby

Lockepick

Since I think we read it was suggested that we do so -- I'll be bringing Hadley Erebo back. Well, not so much bringing him back, since he never left, but you know.

TL;DR: Hadley is captured as a child and brought to the world of Faerie to fight in a guerrilla war (based on the Changeling: The Lost mythos)  -- shadow based powers that he uses for infiltration and information gathering.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

MissFire

Name: Jack The Ripper
Race: Half-Human, Half-Vampire
Type: Dhampir
Origin: Historic Murderer/Puckish Rogue

• Surgeon: Jack is a 'talented' surgeon. She knows where all the parts go, certainly. Trusting her to put them back where they belong, however, is a gamble. She is far more skilled in taking people apart than putting them together, but in a pinch she can make for a fine doctor
  • Combatant: With training in Baritsu, Fencing, and Boxing, Jack is a fine fighter. She's spent much of her time after the Whitechapel incident reading and learning instead of fighting, so she is a bit rusty and has doubtless been surpassed by all the younger up-and-coming fighters in The Circle, but she can certainly hold her own against many a supernatural entity.
Notable Equipment:

• Rainmaker: Designed and built by Jack, this specialized umbrella appears to have a fine black canopy and a lovely oak handle with a silver raven's head at the very end of the crook. In actuality, it has an extremely strong yet light metal core which houses a sharp silver fencing blade. The canopy is extremely durable and treated to withstand fire, corrosive agents, small arms fire, and blades.
  • Weighted-Knuckle Gloves: Jack needed a pair of gloves to protect herself from her own silver cutlery and so acquired a pair of black leather gloves. Upon further consideration, she figured that adding some extra 'punch' to her punches couldn't hurt. Called weighted-knuckle gloves or SAP gloves, they have powdered steel sewn between layers of leather just over the knuckles. They add a bit of 'oomph' to her strike and while common enough to not make these stand out, they're unique enough to warrant a passing mention.
  • Throwing Knives: Based off the United Cutlery (tm) brand UC7227 Kunai, Jack carries a brace of throwing knives in her coat. Custom weighted and made of silver.
Role: Agent
Employment History: Jack owns a vintage and rare book store called 'The Black Library'. After The Whitechapel Incident she (mostly) retired from slaying monsters and focused on her love of research and reading. She does not have any noteworthy feats outside of literary acquisitions after that point, though will happily talk the ear off of anyone whom asks what her most treasured book is. In any case, a historic serial killer is an interesting target indeed and when The Circle found out that the so-called 'Butcher of Whitechapel' was still alive, they sought her out - with the intention of finding and killing her. Surprised were they when they found out that Jack The Ripper was female and actually rather quite pleasant. Her skills would come in handy and so she was brought into the fold, after many promises of exciting new research and a chance to get back into action.
Appearance: Addt'l Image, Outfit, Outfit (sans coat)
Sexuality: Lesbian
On/Off: Non-sexual
Personality: Talking to Jack is an invitation to either boredom or madness, depending on your personality. She often speaks in riddles, literature quotes, or what seems like utter nonsense. Yet behind all the absurdity lies a keen intellect and one of the sharpest minds that the world has ever known. Would that she could focus on any one thing for more than a moment, for she might revolutionize entire industries. Yet, like a child with ADHD, she bounds from one thing to the next with little regard for anything in her way. Her strangeness can be off-putting to some (most), but those that can hold a conversation with her can find the great wisdom and insight she imparts. Jack is mostly concerned with herself and her own studies, but eagerly protects the things she loves, such as her hometown of London and her precious books. It's hard to wind up in her good graces, but once someone does they have a friend for life. She has a bit of a violent side as well. Jack finds combat an exhilarating change of pace from studying and relishes the chance at a good spar - but not too good. She'd find a challenging fight too exhausting to bother with. Jack fancies women and in a slight bit of hypocrisy, she finds men to quite often be brutish, despite her own penchant for slicing things to ribbons.
Background: One Vlad Dracul III, Prince of Wallachia became known far and wide for his cruel and usual methods of tormenting those that dared cross him. He became known quickly as Vlad Tepes - Vlad The Impaler. His soul was perhaps the darkest in Europe. It is unknown how or when he became tainted with vampirism, or weather the transformation was voluntary or forced upon him. What is known is that his newfound power and immortality made him even more of a terror to Romania than ever before. Terrifying, but not unstoppable. Not when an entire country was ready to rally against him. Eventually the populace started fighting back and Vlad (now going simply by Dracula) decided to move to London, a city teeming with life and growing ever more prosperous. He conducted business with a solicitor by the name of Jonathan Harker and made arrangements to move his affairs overseas.

Arriving in London much later, the vampire and his brides soon took to the city. While the count spent his time planning his methodical takeover of the city, his brides sowed chaos. In the guise of harlots, the brides of Dracula turned other women into vampires and drained men of their life, leaving them as little more than emaciated corpses. In that age the death of the poor was mostly ignored, simply chalked up to over-work, starvation, or the burgeoning taste for opium that the city was developing. One of the brides, however, made the tragic mistake of falling in love with one of her 'johns' - one Regenald Rimsby. Visiting him night after night, the couple soon gave birth to a daughter, which they named Jacqueline.

It is impossible to keep secrets from one of the most powerful vampires in existence for long, however, and Dracula soon found out. He had Jacqueline's mother torn to pieces by the other brides. The sight of it left Regenald a broken man and even though he tried to continue to take care of his daughter, he soon fell into alcoholism and when she was sixteen, he died of liver failure.

With a mind set on vengeance, a young Jacqueline found herself alone on the streets as a six year old girl. Left to her own devices, the girl struggled to juggle making ends meet, discovering her supernatural ability, and developing the skill she'd need to destroy Dracula's brides. As time marched on she grew ever stronger - and crazier. At the age of seventeen she finally felt strong enough to have her revenge and took to the streets, preying on prostitutes, human and vampire alike. The papers called her 'Jack The Ripper' and 'Springheel Jack'. The public were both horrified and intrigued. Yet after a year, the murders stopped. All vampire activity in London seemed to cease.

Despite thorough investigation by both The Circle and outside sources, no one can understand what happened in 1889 to bring and end to the Whitechapel murders and Jack herself refuses to comment. It is also unknown what happened to Count Dracula, or if any of his brides survived Jack's killing spree.
Merits:

• Dhampir: Jack's heritage provides her with much of the powers of a vampire, yet only some of the weaknesses. She has superhuman reflexes, strength, stamina, slow aging, and limited wound regeneration. Holy water, icons, and weapons (unless made of silver) have no affect on her, as blessed objects affect not the physical body, but the unholy darkness in the soul and Jack's is still human. Jack suffers from blood cravings on occasion, but can stave them off with a rare steak.
  • Learned: With over a hundred and forty years of existence behind her, Jack is much smarter than her rather odd personality would let on. She is extremely knowledgeable in world history, language, the occult, medicine, biology, and mechanics. Her quarters hold a vast library of books both common and rare. Jack has almost a fanatical dedication to reading and learning.
Shortcomings:

• Undead: She does not burst into flame when exposed to sunlight, but it does make her uncomfortable and staying out of the shade for too long will make her ill. A stake to the heart will kill her and silver will inflict grave wounds upon her that halt her supernatural regeneration and bring it to more human levels. A deep gash from an ordinary blade, for example, could heal within an hour or two and disappear as if it were never there. A similar wound from a silvered or holy weapon, however, will take days or even weeks to heal and leave a scar. Though she doesn't crave blood as much as a full vampire does, the hunger pangs she get can become extremely painful or even crippling if she goes too long without eating rare meat. This can be quelled by blood, of course, but she is loathe to do such a thing. In a bit of a miscellaneous quirk, Jack has a reflection, but not a shadow.
  • Reviled:Jack's personality tends to drive off some people and her reputation as a world famous serial murderer tends to send the rest off screaming. Her reputation and the folklore surrounding Jack The Ripper is a double-edged sword. It causes her enemies to fear her, but her colleagues to shun her. Those in The Circle tend to stay away from her unless they need something and only a select few can see through the myth and stories to find the woman that loves a good read and was close friends with Arthur Conan Doyle. What's more, Jack has plenty of enemies; most other vampires despise her for her half-breed heritage, rich and powerful men have been sniped for rare books by a woman with a bank account over a hundred years old, and the elusive Dracula still walks the mortal world waiting for his revenge. Jack even hates herself, in a way. She loathes her vampiric heritage, despite the benefits it has given her.
  • Obsessive Compulsive:Jack has OCD, if the massive library of books and fascination with learning wasn't a giveaway. She has an obsession for making things even, neat, and orderly. Everything must be at right angles, her clothing must be neat, her hair must be neat. She hates throwing away old books out of fear she'll forget the information it contains and won't have easy access to it. Jack can easily become distracted on an operation if things are too messy and she is loathe to get herself dirty on a job. While she's got her behavior tempered enough in public, she might end up staring at someone for a bit too long if, say, their outfit is lopsided or uneven.
Hobbies: Cleaning, Reading, Fencing
Face Claim: Unknown
How did YOU Find Us? E - Group Roleplay
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Inari

Quote from: Roen on January 01, 2016, 11:16:43 AM
Awesome,
Nephilim, though- keep in mind we already have two angels in the mix  ;D
I didn't see anywhere on here about that sorry! >.<

-edit-

Just saw that they are angels by "technicality" :P

Dotley

I'll be revamping my Ice Elemental/Jack Frost character. Going to go with a new FC (Dylan O'Brien), name, and some other tweaks  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Roen

Quote from: bubby on January 01, 2016, 12:24:44 PM
Possibly interested...
Oh boy, Bubs!
That would be awesome, seeing as you couldn't the last time around :P

Quote from: Starcry on January 01, 2016, 01:49:46 PM
I didn't see anywhere on here about that sorry! >.<

-edit-

Just saw that they are angels by "technicality" :P
How very dare you? They are as much angels as any other angel! :P
Yeah, I suppose you're right.

Just remember, monsters, we need monsters  ;)

Quote from: Dotley on January 01, 2016, 02:08:11 PM
I'll be revamping my Ice Elemental/Jack Frost character. Going to go with a new FC (Dylan O'Brien), name, and some other tweaks  :-)

Looking forward do seeing it!

-Nathan Alterman.

Twisted iN Tux

Name: Jean-Pierre Monet, The Pale Man
Age: When his hunger lust is satiated, he appears as a virile man in his late 20's. Otherwise, the longer he goes without flesh, the older he appears, but he's far too vain to ever allow such a horrific thing to happen.
Race: Demon
Type: Tenome
Origin: A Japanese Myth and Pan's Labyrinth by Guillermo del Toro

• Armed Combat, Blades : Known to horde the weapons of those he consumes, in particular, their blades if they have any, Jean-Pierre has become quite the expert in wielding such tools of terror. He is rarely seen without his dual ceremonial blades, which he uses when he cooks, crafts, hunts, and kills. It's not unusual to find him dicing tomatoes with the very same blade he slaughtered his prey with just the day before. Don't worry, he sterilizes them after, er, I mean, before each meal.
  • Culinary Artist : Consuming human flesh can get pretty boring meal after meal, week after week, body after body. So why not add a dash of pepper, you say? How about a pinch of salt or a sprig of parsley? Okay, okay, I know. Eww. Worry not. Jean-Pierre was actually a classically-trained chef long before he was transformed into a cannibalizing demon. What he cooks in The Company's kitchen is restaurant-quality meals, not last night's kill.
  • Immortality : The more life Jean-Pierre consumes, the longer he lives. He currently has a bank of roughly 969 souls at his disposal, which means he's gonna be around for a very long time.
  • Inhuman Strength : Stemming from the uncontrollable rage that consumed his very soul the moment he was slaughtered in cold-blood and then systematically transformed into the demon that he is today, one could say Jean-Pierre has anger issues, but he likes to look at it as simply an area of opportunity for personal growth. Sure he can summon the strength of a baby goliath, merely by thinking about the very day he was consumed by the darkness, but such strength can come in handy when he and his team are stuck in a pickle. No?
  • Second Sight : So, sure, Jean-Pierre has eyes that he can pluck from his sockets and then roll about at will, clearly registering in his mind's eye whatever it is that they see as they go about their business. Strange? Sure. But does such a bizarre ability come in handy? You bet! Just be careful where you step. Okay? They may be solid in appearance, but they can still be broken, very easily, like glass.
  • Sin Detection : When you're violently violated by the one person you loved the most, such a dramatic, earth-shattering turn of events has to open your eyes, just a little, to the countless evils that exist in the world. Right? Well, that's exactly what happened to Jean-Pierre the day he became The Pale Man. One moment he was a naïve optimist, always seeing the best in people, telling himself that good intentions were behind most peoples actions, even when things seemed a little off on the surface, when the very next thing he knew, he was seeing people for who they truly were: liars, cheaters, whores, and thieves...just to name a few. Simply put, Jean-Pierre can spot a morally wrong person - usually based on what they do, more than what they say - a mile away and he doesn't take kindly to such behavior.
Notable Equipment:
Role: Jean-Pierre would make an excellent Spy and Interrogator, as well as a Five-Star Michelin Chef!
Employment History: Jean-Pierre has stalked the halls of The Company's headquarters for as long as anyone can remember. Initially taken in as somewhat of a pet project, he soon enough became a skilled field agent. That said, he has found a rather nice niche for himself within the complex's well-appointed kitchen and lavish dining hall. Now that doesn't mean he hasn't hit the field in ages, he just prefers the comforts of his home base and providing for those who live there.
Appearance: Jean-Pierre’s skin tone and texture is often that of cool marble, unless he has fed. Upon feeding, his body usually retains a warm, sun-kissed glow for nearly a week. He has a pair of elaborately-designed, eyeball-shaped tattoos on the back of his hands. When unhooded, his lustrous, platinum-blonde locks become apparent. He has several piercings, the most obvious being his ears and nipples.
Sexuality: Bisexual Switch
On/Off: Here

Personality: Brutally honest, with a tongue as sharp as the blades he wields, Jean-Pierre can easily come off as an arrogant, anti-social asshole. That said, when he is well-fed, he tends to be a bit more warm and fuzzy...well, as warm and as fuzzy as a sin-eating cannibal can be. 

Background: Jean-Pierre was born many years ago, to a loving couple, who raised their son to be the very best he could in every possible way. They encouraged him to be kind and to be courageous, no matter what, even in the face of cruelty and eminent danger. They taught him how to protect himself with his body and his words, and they gave him the knowledge needed to secure himself a good job and a safe home. They also imparted upon him the skills required to survive in the wilds. Therefore, by the time his younger brother came to be, Jean-Pierre was the most well-adjusted, well-rounded teen any parent could've ever dreamed of or hoped for. His brother, on the other hand, was as far removed as one could be from such an idyllic state of being.

No matter how hard Jean-Pierre's parents worked - and fought! - to essentially fix their youngest son, they failed. Jean-Pierre, however, had a bit more success in the matter...or so he had thought. Taking the boy under his wing - even though he already had enough on his plate with attending culinary school - he nurtured him, relentlessly so, until the sibling finally gave in. Showing signs of promise, his brother seemed to turn a corner. Where there was once hatred and anger, now appeared hope and compassion. Jean-Pierre began to look upon his sibling as not just a brother, but as an offspring of his own. He was the father their father could never be to the boy, and the child seemed perfectly alright with such an arrangement. That was, until the day Jean-Pierre announced that he would be taking a bride and leaving his birth family far behind. Returning to his previous sinister state, the brother, now a teen, did his best to conceal this change of heart, all the while plotting and planning his revenge not upon his parents, but the one person he thought had loved him - and would always love him - the most.

Waiting for the day to strike, the young man took it upon himself to dabble in the dark arts. He figured that if he was going to commit such a grievous sin as murdering his own brother in cold blood, he might as well go big. Jean-Pierre, none the wiser, made the final mistake of taking a private carriage ride with his brother the morning he was to marry. Unable to maintain the same inappropriate relationship that they had had for nearly a decade, what with Jean-Pierre behaving more like a father to the boy, he informed his sibling that they would no longer be able to see one another. Letting his guard down, seeing that this was his own flesh and blood he was dealing with, Jean-Pierre was unable to defend himself as his brother launched into an assault that would irrevocably change him forever.

Not looking to kill his brother, but instead cause him eternal pain and suffering, he skillfully called upon the darkest of supernatural forces to transform Jean-Pierre into the demon that he is today. If the man wanted a life filled with love straight from the heart, he could have it, quite literally, as he consumed the very organ itself, along with everything attached to it, save the bones. In an instant, the caring and kind man that once was, was now a cannibalistic killer, hellbent on destroying those who deserved it. He would walk the earth, forever more, as a monster and nothing more.

Until the day The Company would find him, and take him in, only to nurture and develop him in this horrific state as he once attempted with his dearly departed brother.

Oh, don't think for one minute that Jean-Pierre allowed his brother to live. He was the man's first kill and feast of the flesh! Well, okay, he was actually his second course, right after he devoured his own eyeballs, which he thought would serve as a simply scrumptious appetizer, stalk and all.             

Merits:

• Creative : Jean-Pierre has a natural flair for the arts, be it in the studio or kitchen, and he's not afraid to push his boundaries when it comes to his creative endeavors. Have you seen the baskets he's woven from the remains of his kills? They're to die for!
  • Honest : Since he can sense a lie the second it's spoken - see Sin Detection above - Jean-Pierre prides himself on telling the truth, always, even when it hurts...like, really hurts...which can be equal parts refreshing and infuriating.
  • Meticulous : If cleanliness is next to godliness and the devil is in the details, what does it mean to be utterly and ridiculously fastidious in everything that you do? Well, it probably means said person is not entirely tethered to a world known for its chaos and discord, but don't tell Jean-Pierre that, for everything has its place and everyplace has its thing and The Pale Man expects nothing less than perfection in all that he does, even when he's hacking a victim up. Even then.
  • Paternal Instincts : When The Pale Man is well-fed, as in very well-fed, a softer side emerges - very similar to the man he once was - resulting in him behaving like a mother hen. It tends to freak everyone out, including Jean-Pierre, but it rarely lasts for very long. Soon enough he's back to his old ways, slaughtering sinners without hesitation or remorse.
  • Well-Endowed : So, Jean-Pierre wouldn't strut around in his birthday suit as often as he does - or as often as he is allowed to - if he didn't have something worth flaunting. Plain and simple, he's hung, like a horse, and he's damn proud of it, too. He has a nice set of balls to match, so, it's a stunning package from tip to base, and beyond. Jealous?
Shortcomings:

• Blindness : When The Pale Man misses a meal or two, he not only begins to age, but he starts to lose his sight. The affliction is usually temporary and can be cured with a fresh kill. The same can be said when his removable eyes are broken or destroyed. He will be temporarily blind until his body can adapt to his new pair of orbs, which he has crafted himself. You should see his vast collection, which he keeps on full display in his dimly lit lair. It's, uh...okay, it's utterly disturbing, but awe-inspiring as well.
  • Blunt : With honesty comes the occasional cruelty, especially when there isn't a filter to be had, which is exactly what Jean-Pierre lacks. If he's ready to tell you like it is, there isn't much in the known world that can stop him from spewing his truths.
  • Hunger Lust : The Pale Man needs to feed. End of story. Okay, maybe there's more to this particular shortcoming, but Jean-Pierre doesn't want to talk about it because secretly - or not so secretly, since you're reading this now - this insatiable hunger relentlessly threatens to drive him over the edge, deep into the abyss of utter insanity. It's this constant calling to feast on the flesh and bones of humanity. Constant. Like, every waking moment, of every single day, over and over and over again. Like a broken record, skipping on the same groove. Feed, feed, feed. Although, once he does feed, he's perfectly alright. It's all sunshine and rainbows, puppies and kittens...until the cravings begin again...and the lust returns...and...those puppies start to look more and more like puff pastry hors d'oeuvres.
  • Nudist : Jean-Pierre finds clothing to be a bit too confining. He likes to let the boys swing freely, and swing they do, heavy, like a steel pendulum over a pair of cast-iron cannon balls, back and forth, back and forth. Is he willing to don an apron or robe while he cooks? Sure. But that's about it. Otherwise, everyday is a birthday when it comes to Jean-Pierre's choice of attire! Er, okay, maybe everyday is a bit of an exaggeration, but it sure seems like more often than not that he's prancing around in the buff.
  • Vain : Have you seen what The Pale Man looks like when he goes for too long without feeding? Have you? It's disgusting, repulsive even, and Jean-Pierre will play no part in the matter. He's young, he's hung, and he's beautiful. Nothing less. Got it?
Hobbies: Anatomical Sketching and Sculpting, Basket Weaving, Collecting Human Remains, Cooking & Hunting
Face Claim: Steven Dehler
How did YOU Find Us? I was invited!

bubby

Quote from: Roen on January 01, 2016, 03:03:06 PM
Oh boy, Bubs!
That would be awesome, seeing as you couldn't the last time around :P

Just remember, monsters, we need monsters  ;)

;D   I've been searching for something that will wake the LONG asleep Muse, and this may be it. Monsters.... hhmm...  I'll see what my cobweb filled dome can come up with.   >:) 

EDIT: I'M FUCKIN' BRILLIANT. I've come up with my monster. I'm hoping to have a sheet done for you by tomorrow, Sunday at the latest.

Bibliophilia

I'll be playing Solas.  It's a thing...a brilliant thing...and it likes sandwiches.

bubby

INQUIRY: Would it work all right if I make my char Security/Bodyguard or some-such? I can make her the weapons/explosive specialist if that's not already taken, but if it is, I like the Security idea, though in truth I personally don't really know stuff. I just get my Google-Fu on.

Roen

Quote from: bubby on January 02, 2016, 12:49:01 AM
INQUIRY: Would it work all right if I make my char Security/Bodyguard or some-such? I can make her the weapons/explosive specialist if that's not already taken, but if it is, I like the Security idea, though in truth I personally don't really know stuff. I just get my Google-Fu on.
We don't have a weapons/explosives specialist yet, so any kind of a fighter would be great! Your pick.

-Nathan Alterman.

bubby

Quote from: Roen on January 02, 2016, 01:01:18 AM
We don't have a weapons/explosives specialist yet, so any kind of a fighter would be great! Your pick.

WOO! You got my juices flowing Roen... this is HUGE, man! XD

wander

Inari

work in progress
Name: Cassandra De Angeline III (Cass or Cassy for short)
Race: Nephilim
Type: Offspring of a fallen angel and a human witch.
Origin: A mixture of wikipedia, Kushiel's Legacy, The Black Jewels Trilogy and stuff randomly made up between me and some friends over the years.

• Psychometry - This is a psychic ability in which a Cassandra can sense or "read" the history of an object by touching it. She receives impressions from an object by holding it in her hands. Such impressions can be perceived as images, sounds, smells, tastes - even emotions. Psychometry is a form of scrying - a psychic way of "seeing" something that is not ordinarily seeable. Some people can scry using a crystal ball, black glass or even the surface of the water. With psychometry, this extraordinary vision is available through touch. For example, a person who has psychometric abilities - a psychometrist - can hold an antique glove and be able to tell something about the history of that glove, about the person who owned it, about the experiences that person had while in the possession of that glove. In Cassandra's case, she will relive the memories of the owner/s of the item as if they were happening to her in the present.

• Empath - This psychic ability makes Cassandra able to "sense" people’s energies and an innate ability to intuitively feel and perceive others.  If it were not for the jewels she wears she would be unconsciously influenced by others’ desires, wishes, thoughts, and moods all the time. Being an empath is much more than being highly sensitive and it’s not just limited to emotions. She can perceive physical sensitivities and spiritual urges, as well as just knowing the motivations and intentions of other people. If not for the jewels she would be unable to control this ability and always be open, so to speak, to process other people’s feelings and energy, which means that she would really feel, and in many cases take on the emotions of others.  Many empaths experience things like chronic fatigue, environmental sensitivities, or unexplained aches and pains daily. These are all things that are more likely to be contributed to outside influences and not so much herself at all.  Essentially Cassandra is walking around in this world with all of the accumulated karma, emotions, and energy from others.

• Unity -

Notable Equipment:
  • Gloves - It is rare that she is seen without them on. She wears them not just because of fasion but to also stop her   

• Enchanted Jewels -

• Grimoire -
Role: Possible researcher or someone who works in the archives?
Recruitment Status: Yet to be recruited.
Employment History: --
Appearance:

"Human appearance"

Things she tends to wear

Things to control her powers

Scarring on her shoulderblades
Picture is kinda gorey...

Tattoo

Sexuality: Omnisexual, switch.
On/Off: Click
Personality: *Personalities will be widely explored during the game, just put a general description here*
Background: *Your character's story, its history.*
Merits:

Shortcomings:

• Psychometry - While a useful power to have it is also can be emotional and mentally draining on her. Whatever emotions, thoughts are within an object will be played out into her mind. If something bad happened with an object she will experience it as if it had happened to her personally. This will leave her vulnerable for a period of time while she separates her own self from the memory that was given to her.

• Empath
Hobbies: Flower arranging and painting.
Face Claim: I dunno...
How did YOU Find Us? Group game place...

Just throwing this up here for now while I have a rough idea otherwise it will bug me. XD

bubby