Online Storage - SkyDrive

Started by Samael, April 24, 2012, 11:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samael

Apparently it is a free online storage, offered by Microsoft.
At least up to 7 Gigs, after which it costs something.
It looks interesting.
Anyone has experience with it?
Is it any good? Comfortable to use?
Any drawbacks?
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Qt

Skydrive is good, the only other cloud service I can think of that tops it in terms of features is dropbox, but that only offers up to 2GB free storage.

Strange thing is skydrive used to offer up to 25GB of free storage.

Callie Del Noire

I use drop box and iCloud.. I don't see a need for another service and as it is.. the Google Drive service is coming up anyway.

Beguile's Mistress

I think Skydrive is the replacement for Microsoft Office online which I've used.  I like it for what it had to offer and I will probably transition to Skydrive.

TentacleFan

I haven't tried this one. I have dropbox, although I got a free upgrade to 50 gigs of space with my Tablet when I bought it. I love dropbox. I also use Google Music for cloud service (I think it's google play now actually) but only for music. Still 20,000 songs worth of storage for free is nothing to sneeze at.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TentacleFan on May 11, 2012, 10:04:41 PM
I haven't tried this one. I have dropbox, although I got a free upgrade to 50 gigs of space with my Tablet when I bought it. I love dropbox. I also use Google Music for cloud service (I think it's google play now actually) but only for music. Still 20,000 songs worth of storage for free is nothing to sneeze at.

I got like 10 years worth of iTunes music as well. I haven't expanded my dropbox account any but I have to admit it is the PERFECT add on to any tablet.. add the tablet app of your usage flavor and you're all good. I don't see how SkyDrive will be better.

TentacleFan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 11, 2012, 10:06:19 PM
I got like 10 years worth of iTunes music as well. I haven't expanded my dropbox account any but I have to admit it is the PERFECT add on to any tablet.. add the tablet app of your usage flavor and you're all good. I don't see how SkyDrive will be better.

Between my laptop, my desktop, my tablet, and my phone Drop box is perfect. Also I post pictures to my public folder to link to in my RPs all the time as well.

For my music I have over 100 gigs of mp3s on my portable HD but I put the stuff I listen to most on my google music account. Haven't filled it yet but when I do I'll just have to see what options there are or I'll start downloading mp3ds direct to my phones storage again too.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014