The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

No it doesn't.  Not every story with dragon riders has elf like dragons... It is like taming a wild horse.... Cept the mother fucker can burn you to a crisp and eat you.  Don't assume I believe that they should be the "friendly Tolkien elf made reptile"  I consider them a wild creature that can be broken if the correct amount of force is used...  Considering that you can have a shouting match with a dragon.... I'm sure making one your bitch is possible.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 27, 2012, 03:02:12 PM
No it doesn't.  Not every story with dragon riders has elf like dragons... It is like taming a wild horse.... Cept the mother fucker can burn you to a crisp and eat you.  Don't assume I believe that they should be the "friendly Tolkien elf made reptile"  I consider them a wild creature that can be broken if the correct amount of force is used...  Considering that you can have a shouting match with a dragon.... I'm sure making one your bitch is possible.
That's probably worse considering that dragon in the Elder Scrolls games are apparently like angels, or lesser gods. They're also generally vain and power hungry, but they're not stupid, and certainly not as dumb as animals. So riding them is the equivalent of riding an angel just because it has wings.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on February 27, 2012, 05:09:58 PM
That's probably worse considering that dragon in the Elder Scrolls games are apparently like angels, or lesser gods. They're also generally vain and power hungry, but they're not stupid, and certainly not as dumb as animals. So riding them is the equivalent of riding an angel just because it has wings.

Give them magic collars that make them dumb. Like Ritalin :)

Shjade

I don't see anything wrong with the "even worse" version of dragon-riding. You can play a complete douchebag assassin and thief in Skyrim already; doesn't seem like much of a stretch to extend that set of evil options to include enslavement of dragons.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on February 27, 2012, 08:37:05 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the "even worse" version of dragon-riding. You can play a complete douchebag assassin and thief in Skyrim already; doesn't seem like much of a stretch to extend that set of evil options to include enslavement of dragons.
I can't imagine it would actually be any fun. It's not like you'll be diving and doing barrel roles. It'll probably be a re-skinned horse with levitation. Besides the horses in Skyrim are already magical motivators. When's the last time you saw a horse take a 89 degree angle at full gallop?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

When's the last time you saw a horse gallop like an old Golden Retriever :P

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on February 27, 2012, 10:22:42 PM
When's the last time you saw a horse gallop like an old Golden Retriever :P
I was exaggerating it for the sake of humor. To answer your question though, 1945 when I went back in time... to Mars. That's right: Space horse.

Though you have to be careful to take the cresting of a mountain slow. If they're just the little up-and-over mountains you can totally over shoot it and boom dead horse, your unconscious being swept down a series of waterfalls, praying you miss the rocks while a bear chases you to feast on your unconscious meaty bits. Why, because there's always a fucking bear! 

Shjade

Quote from: Inkidu on February 27, 2012, 10:17:15 PM
I can't imagine it would actually be any fun.
So you wouldn't get the mod. That's cool. No need to be down on it for other people who are interested, though.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

SinXAzgard21

Well, since you can't 'imagine' it as being fun I'd like to not be harassed about it.  Considering this is a Skyrim thread, and the mod pertains to Skyrim I'm free to talk about it.  You don't agree that's fine you said that, nothing more needs to be said. 

On a note, the guy writing the stuff up for the dragon riding is trying to figure out how to be able to control the shout dragons use... I'm hoping it works but I am very doubtful.

Sabby

"Dragons were once in Akavir, they were enslaved by the Tsaesci and the Ka'Po Tun but were driven into extinction because the Tsaesci ate them. The Ka'Po Tun wish to become dragons (the Ka meaning dragon) and it is said that their leader, Tosh Raka, has been able to become a dragon"

...huh.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on February 28, 2012, 02:55:08 AM
"Dragons were once in Akavir, they were enslaved by the Tsaesci and the Ka'Po Tun but were driven into extinction because the Tsaesci ate them. The Ka'Po Tun wish to become dragons (the Ka meaning dragon) and it is said that their leader, Tosh Raka, has been able to become a dragon"

...huh.
It has to do with Elder Scroll long and confusing history. Basically, they put dragon in, thought they'd be too cliche at the time, and pulled them out. So you're dealing with some metaphysical retconning. At least a little bit.

I wasn't harassing anyone, and if you thought I was I'm sorry, I was just pointing out the problems I have with this particular mod stylistically and how it's probably going to be implemented mechanically.

SinXAzgard21

DLC that would let you participate in why the dragons "vanished" would be awesome I think.  Not to mention you get to kill a ton more and maybe even fight a dragon priest at the same time ^^

Chris Brady

I don't want dragon mounts.  I want to keep killing the blighters.  A mammoth mount on the other hand...  Awesome.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 28, 2012, 03:04:41 PM
DLC that would let you participate in why the dragons "vanished" would be awesome I think.  Not to mention you get to kill a ton more and maybe even fight a dragon priest at the same time ^^

You know.. I'd like to fight a real live Dragon Priest.. it might be interesting to see how nasty they were in their 'prime'.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 28, 2012, 03:10:07 PM
I don't want dragon mounts.  I want to keep killing the blighters.  A mammoth mount on the other hand...  Awesome.

there is a mod for saber cat and mammoth mounts

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 28, 2012, 03:24:32 PM
there is a mod for saber cat and mammoth mounts

I don't use mounts.. not after having two shot out from under me by bandits/necromancers.

Ironwolf85

I heard cyrodil and Marrowind will be in a later DLC...
it'd be fun to go back to the heartland and help the empire (imperial Loyalist vampire kajit here)
it's always fun for me to stab talmor elves, I even got thrown in prison for standing up to them, I made sure to kill the head of the Justicars before being thrown in jail.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Sabby

I has some more cool mods :3

Have the Dwemer pistols like I said before, better blood effects, ragdoll changes, a bunch of small things here and there, but the three I wanna share are Civil Unrest, Explosive Arrows, and Dwemer Certified.

The first adds warzones to the game, the third is bunch of Thief inspired special arrows, and the third is Dwemer crafting.

I haven't testing that last one yet, but your supposed to be able to build, Enchant, enhance and even control Dwemer constructs, and each has a value. To keep them around, you need to give up that value worth of Magicka. So you can have a bunch of Spheres or a few Centurians walking around.

As for the first two... let me put it this way. Right now, I'm raining firebomb arrows down on a warzone where a dozen or so Necromages are having a battle with their undead armies. There looks like there's about 50 to 100 people involved. I'm just carpet bombing the whole shebang with what could only be described as long ranged molotov cocktails.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 28, 2012, 03:35:29 PM
I don't use mounts.. not after having two shot out from under me by bandits/necromancers.

the cat and mammoth so far are like shadowmere, though that may be a glitch on my end.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 01, 2012, 03:21:07 PM
the cat and mammoth so far are like shadowmere, though that may be a glitch on my end.
I've killed Shadowmere. Horses and I apparently don't mix. I used to play Gun and invariably I would always hit the horses, even in Red Dead Redemption, and horses are harder to hit in that one. They knew I was coming.

It's not like I want to hit the horses 'cause I'm mean, they're just so big... and target-like.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on March 01, 2012, 08:23:50 PM
I've killed Shadowmere. Horses and I apparently don't mix. I used to play Gun and invariably I would always hit the horses, even in Red Dead Redemption, and horses are harder to hit in that one. They knew I was coming.

It's not like I want to hit the horses 'cause I'm mean, they're just so big... and target-like.

I don't kill them.. the bad guys do. I have had six bandits shoot one out from under me. Then the second one was ice darted to death while I was fighting a dragon and 2 necromages

Inkidu

So I've finally got my monk build on paper. Granted I haven't tested it, because you'd technically have to be almost level thirty and at least have the ability to get shouts for it to really work.

Enchanting 100 with the base boosts and the corpus enchanter perk at least, but you could fill out the whole tree for variations.
Destruction, Restoration, Alteration. Get it? It's chi. You could forgo the first two, but they're mainly so you can get around the world and kill things pre-monkification.

Go to the Ratway in Riften and get the Gloves of the Pugilist from the thug. Break them down. (Also recommend breaking down every magical item you can. With grand soul gems and grand souls (I don't think black is better, just easier to fill) start enchanting some clothing. Put the unarmed skill enchantment on the gloves and ring (and anything else, but I think that's it. It should let you do about sixty extra points of damage. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. You should split the remaining enchantments among stamina magicka regen/bolsters and school cost reductions, elemental resistance never hurts either. Hence 100 for double enchants.

Last but coolest. Find all three words to the slow time shout. With it fully upgraded you should be able to pluck arrows right out of the air and beat up guys like freaking Goku. Like I said though I haven't actually gotten to test this. A. Because it's time consuming. B. Because I'm doing another kind of playthrough, but the math's all there.

Sabby

Gamer Poop: Skyrim

Hmmm... Not sure if laughing and aroused, or aroused and laughing.

Oneiros

Lol. That was ridiculous and hilarious. And a bit sexy. I approve.