Dukes Of Hazzard TNG (Interest Check)

Started by CaptainErotica, August 09, 2016, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

It has been twenty five years since we last saw the Duke Clan racing around Hazzard County in the General Lee, sticking to corrupt lawmen, foiling Boss JD Hogg's nefarious plans and otherwise living like good old boys -and gals. Much has changed in Hazzard County as well as within the Duke Clan.And yet not much has changed at all.

Gone are their arch nemesis Boss JD Hogg and his right hand man Sheriff Rosco P. Coltraine (insert Trademark Roscoe laugh). But, they are not forgotten. JD Hogg's legacy lives on through his long lost daughter Elizabeth -Lizzy- Hogg, who has followed  in her father's footsteps and has recently become the new County Commissioner of Hazzard County. Like her father she is obsessed with the Dukes and making their life miserable before running them out of town, though no one really knows why. Maybe she's just trying to complete her father's legacy.

The Duke family has seen many changes over the past decade or so. The heart and soul of the clan Uncle Jesse has passed away, but the remaining Dukes still try to uphold to his values and beliefs. Daisy while still a drop dead gorgeous bombshell,has taken over as Matron of the Duke Clan, filling her Uncle Jesse's shoes. She now owns the Boars Nest and occasionally fills in as the barmaid. Unfortunately for every single man this side of the Mason Dixon Line she finally married her longtime crush Enis Straight who has returned to Hazzard after a somewhat successful career as a detective in Los Angeles. Now he spends most of his time on the farm doing chores. Bo and Luke eventually went their separate ways. Luke entered into an open three way relationship with Katie Lynn and her Anette and move to Anette's home town of Sydney Australia. Bo Duke after gaining a cult following after the Hazzard County Rally leaves Hazzard to pursue as a rally car racer, soon becoming a household name alongside his trusty ride the General Lee.

Recently a new generation of Dukes have arrived in Hazzard for one reason or another.Will they follow in their ancestors footsteps and become a prickly thorn in Boss Hogg's hide? Only time will tell.

WHAT IS THIS?
This will be a group RP story set in the fiction town of Hazzard,Georgia, during current times (2016). Players will play the people that call Hazzard home ,whether they are newly arrived or lived their all their life. While I'd like at least a few players to be part of the Duke family characters of all walks of life will be welcome. Want to play the sheriff who is in Boss Hoggs right pocket? Shoot me a character sheet. Want to play Daisy or any of the cannon characters that are still alive? Shoot me a sheet.

The RP will be a mix of free form and some minimal dice rolling along with GM ran events/storylines thrown in. If you have an idea for an event/storyline send me a PM. If you want your character to have some sort of connection/relationship with another character as long as both players agree to it, just keep me in the loop via PM.

Please use this sheet when creating your character:

[float=left][img width=250]*URL HERE*[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b] Personality:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b] Sexual Preferences and kinks:[/b] Please include any hard offs.

[b]Additional Images // Other:[/b]

SEXUAL CONTENT
    Sexual content will most likely occur, though it needs to make sense from a story perspective. Elizabeth Hogg is not going to have sex with Daisy Duke no matter how hot she is -unless it is part of a plot to get her and the rest of the Duke Clan out of Hazzard for good. I want the focus to be on the characters normal everyday life and how they deal with Boss Hogg and other antagonists that show up in the story.

I'd like to keep the sexual content fairly light. I will set the main game in the Light section. Please keep any main game thread content within the light section guidelines. Also in order to keep the story moving I will ask that once the sex starts that everyone involved create a new thread in the appropriate section. You may link to it in your post for those who are interested to read. Don't forget to keep up on the main story thread while having fun.

POSTING GUIDELINES
  Please try not to run away with the story. I know it can be hard to wait for everyone to respond, but please give the other players a chance to post. A little bit of back and forth between characters is fine and expected, but please do not exclude anyone or ignore other characters or try and move the story forward if another character is present in the scene.

I will post for NPC and the like. I will also post to move the story forward once I feel like the scene has played itself out. While I will not be keeping strict track of time I will occasionally move from daytime to night time and eventually to a new day. There will be no hard and fast rules for this. I will simply move time forward when I feel it is necessary.

I will create various threads for the game locations, OOC and main thread. As new threads are added I will add them to the opening post of the OOC section.

RESOLVING ACTIONS
While the story is not system based I'd like to add a bit of randomness to the outcome of some actions. The following actions will require a dice roll to determine the outcome:

- Car Chases/Chases: At the end of your post if you are in a car chase or running from/after someone please roll 1d6. If the person giving chase rolls higher they gain ground or catch up to the chasee.

- Attacking/Ramming: If you want to punch, kick, shoot at or otherwise attack someone roll 1d6. The target wil lalso roll 1d6. The higher roll wins. fight scenes and chase scenes will probably require a lot of PM communication between the people involved. Please work out the details via Pm before posting the results. At no time should the results severely injure or impair the other character unless agreed to via PM. This rule also applies to ramming with a vehicle.

- Car Stunts: Dukes of Hazzard wouldn't be Dukes of Hazzard without crazy car jumps, gravity defying side wheelies and other heart racing stunts. When performing a car stunt roll 1d6. On a three or higher you succeed, On a 6 you succeed with flair or in grand fashion. On a 2 you succeed but it looks ugly/damages the vehicle. On a 1 you crash. NPC's giving chase will be handled by me and will not usually be as adept at stunts as the players.

These rules may be altered or changed to make the game play/flow better. If you have any suggestions you can bring them up in the OOC section of the game. I'd like to keep things as simple as possible.

I think that covers everything. If you are interested or have any question please post here or ask me in PM.

RubySlippers

Any place for a Duke cousin whose a fine lady and the new Preacher in town taking over the local church?

BeckyAnnn

This could be interesting if there is enough interest.  I am thinking of a 17 year old daughter of an unmentioned cousin of the original trio.  Perhaps her family had gotten into some trouble a few years back and she is sent to live with her mother's cousin, Daisy. There is an opening for a server at the Boar's nest, which she happily takes.  And maybe, if she lean's that way, Lizzy Hogg casts an eye in her direction, if for no other reason than just to raise Daisy's ire. 

I will book mark this and keep an eye on it.

CaptainErotica

Well so far only the two of you have shown interest.

@Ruby: Your idea is interesting. I imagine her beliefs -if she is on the up and up regarding her faith- would often put her at odds with both the law and her kin. Or if you planned on going the shady preacher route that could be fun as well.

@Becky: That shouldn't be a problem.

RubySlippers

Actually she got ordained online and is a good downhome preacher, well what she lacks in formal book learning she makes up for with charisma and passion.  O:) O:)

SlipperySue

Interested in Elizabeth 'Boss' Hogg, if not already taken.

CaptainErotica

I had planned on using her as the man NPC to enact GM plots and stuff, but if you are willing to work with me on the plot stuff it could work. A better option would be her right hand woman, most likely the new sheriff.

SlipperySue

Sheriff Kirsty McLeod?

Face claim, probably Karen Gillan but more when I have done a character sheet for approval.