Blind Faith: a post-apocalyptic setting (LBGT friendly and Recruiting!)

Started by Cleo4u2, October 25, 2012, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleo4u2

It's a normal day in Texas at McKinney high school, YCs are in class when a new student is introduced, Michael. Michael is blind; sunglasses, cane and all. He heads towards his seat when the teacher instructs and some jackass decides to trip him. He goes down, sprawling on his side, but YCs notice something a little off - he had hesitated before continuing into the offending limb as if he had seen it and chosen to get knocked on his ass. It happens again, this time when someone throws something at him. He looks up, but freezes in place and let's himself be hit. Neither incident bothers him, like he's being buzzed by gnats. YCs, later, introduce themselves to him, maybe to find out what's going on with him or because he's cute. Either way, all pointed questions are left unanswered, but friendship blossoms easily.

It's a week later when Michael's purpose for being at YC's school is discovered. The teachers don't show up for school, neither do several students who are driven by their parents every day, or most of those who take a bus. Those who drive themselves quickly congregate in the quad, milling about in confusion. The radio plays nothing but static, as does to the T.V. There are simply no adults anywhere. Gossip runs rampant as panic builds and some students realize their own parents were lethargic, or hadn't gotten up at all. Only two buses showed up to drop students off. The adults...just didn't get up.

The voices are silenced by a loud bong that reverberates through the small quad. It's the new kid, the blind guy, whispers run through the group, but no one says anything loudly. Michael just has a presence, something that says - no shouts - listen!

"In three days time, anyone over the age of 25 will be dead," Michael says in a calm voice. Silence settles on the students because no one can believe that could be true. "The adults who can will shut down most of the nuclear power plants. Most of them. Five days from now, the gang wars will start. Battles over territory, supplies; kids killing kids." Everyone stares because he sounds so very certain. "Two weeks from now, the first nuclear plant explodes. Anyone still in this city will die of radiation poisoning. If you come with me, if you listen to what I see-"

"You can't see!" someone shouts. The shout is picked up by the group and, for good measure, someone throws a large stone at the blind kids head. He catches it.

"As I was saying," Michael says into the stunned silence. "If you come with me, if you listen to what I see, you will live. If you stay here, you will die. Your other choice, is to leave on your own and then...I will not tell you what becomes of you. We," his sunglass covered face turns in YCs direction and somehow you know he is making eye contact, "will be leaving in one hour from the parking lot. We will not wait so do not be late."

Then he walks away. YCs follow, maybe not right away, but they go before the time limit is up. And thus begins the adventure of their lifetimes. How will they survive? What happens when they reach 25? And how does Michael know so much? How does he see?

I've already got some interest in this, but will need a few more people before I start anything. There will be same sex interactions, so if this bothers you, please don't offer to join. The story will center around our characters being lead by Michael west and will start as everyone heads to the parking lot. Please leave a reply with any questions or if you're interested.

Character requirements are as follows, anything else goes:

• 16 to 22 years old
  • A useful skill: Basic medical training, gun training, farming, tailoring, etc. Michael chose this group of people for a reason. Note: Many things can be considered a useful skill, like musical talent, that aren't readily assumed. If you have a good reason for it, I'll allow it

EDIT 1:

So since I've had a little bit of interest, I'm posting up a character sheet. Feel free to post them up and I'll approve them. I'm going to start this after two or three days so long as we have a minimum of five characters (including my own). I'm also looking for a name for this, so any ideas are welcome.

Character Sheet

[u][b]Character Sheet[/b][/u]

[b]Username[/b]: 
[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Sexuality[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]History[/b]:
[b]Skills/Hobbies[/b]:
[b]How he/she met Michael[/b]: (This is for my use, but will hopefully establish feelings towards him as well)
[b]Additional Notes[/b]: (Include anything you want here, including any plot ideas you might have regarding your character or things you'd like to see them do)
[b]Starting Gear[/b]: (anything of note that you'd like your character to start out with)

Edit 3:

We're up and running!

Blind Faith: The Journey

Blind Faith: IC/OOC and Character Sheets

Blind Faith: The Convoy

Blind Faith: Before the End

Edit 4:

Edit 2 is no longer valid and has been removed. We are looking for all characters at the moment, but getting a little heavy on girls (though they're all bi or "might be bi" so it's not a big deal).

Also, characters are now open to school characters who can post by 11/3/2012. After that, you may be any age and from McKinney High, but you did not leave with the original group. Since this is the case, please add:

How you wish to join the Journey in place of How he/she met Michael.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

Crowe

Suiko

I think I'm maybe possibly interested! My muse will ponder ^^;
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Branwen

What an intense idea!  Messiah, mass die off of population, the break down of infrastructure and social contract.  I bet there won't even be any ice cream left.  The horror!

I'd like to audition when the game gathers enough momentum, please.

SablePaladin

I'd be interested in this. Could be some pretty intense action as well as drama/character development. My character would probably be something along the lines of a 17 yr-old rancher's daughter. Knows how to handle animals (horses could be good transport if EMP from nuclear power plant explosions take out electronics). She'd also have some experience with guns. Nothing military, but a good shot.
Corrupt.
----------------
O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116344.0 - Modified 10-24-12.
Feel free to send me PMs with RP ideas!

Cleo4u2

SablePaladin: That sounds great. There's more than just that use for it as well since gas isn't going to be a lasting commodity. Plus, if they manage to get their hands on any other kind of live stock no one would know what to do with them.

Branwen: I don't quite know what an audition is? I'm used to group RPs that accept or reject applications, so if that's what you mean, than it also sounds great. I figure there will be plenty of survivors along their road west.

Note to everyone: I added the character sheet template, so feel free to get any characters in if you want. I'm going to give it at least a few days up here before I start the game, but want to inspire those interested as much as possible in the mean time.

Character Sheet

Username:  Cleo4u2
Character Name: Michael Sandalphon
Height: 5' 9"
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Constantly seen in sunglasses, Michael is blind, yet carries himself gracefully. He is always neatly dressed and smiling, a cane in hand that is supposed to help guide his way. Beneath his glasses, his eyes are unique and why he always keeps the shielding lenses on. Blue, like the sky, the iris looks to have been shattered like a glass mirror.
Sexuality: Bi
Personality: Quite, but cheerful. There always seems to be something he's not saying.
History: No one is sure where Michael came from. He showed up at McKinney High and is now offering the students there their lives.
Skills/Hobbies: Seer
How he/she met Michael: N/A
Additional Notes:
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

TheHangedOne

Character Sheet

Username:  TheHangedMan
Character Name: Jack Harth
Height: 5'9
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Large; not fat, but broad-shouldered, with thick arms and powerful legs.  Has grown out a rather rugged looking beard, and has shoulder length hair. 
Sexuality:  Straight
Personality: Taciturn. Even among the freaks and geeks of the school, a clique he's been shoehorned into (not without just cause), he has not been a very communicative person. Strong sense of morality, and judgmental. Somewhat shunned.
History: Born to abusive parents,  Jack's family name, Harth, actually comes from his adopted family. He does not know much of what transpired before he turned thirteen, but some times, he thinks he sees the truth in his nightmares.

He was bullied and harassed constantly through middle school, which served to further alienate him from others of his age. He filled his time, though, with both reading and writing, and developed a voracious appetite for books.

The summer between the end of middle school and the beginning of high school saw him take his anger towards those who abused him and use it to fuel an exercise and diet regimen that helped him to bulk up; a well placed growth spurt helped, too.

Ever since the high school years started, the bullies that once targeted him made it a point to avoid him; because now the hunters were watched.  He made it a point, through fist and word, to communicate his dissatisfaction with their life choices; often times, his philosophical advice went unheeded, but a good bashing to the head was hard to misunderstand.

Though he did get in trouble, at times, for his conduct, disciplinary actions taken against him were often very little; he got along well with his teachers and staff, whom valued his maturity and intellect, and whom he could respect for possessing those same virtues; and above and beyond that, the fact remains that those who reported being attacked by him were well known trouble makers and bullies.  Possibly, the staff was even a little happy that the more violent offenders were being curbed.

However, where once he isolated himself out of fear of being harmed, he found himself becoming isolated; exactly because he was misunderstood, but feared.
Skills/Hobbies:  Science, mathematics, philosophy, religion, cooking, knife fighting.
How he/she met Michael: Met him during the first day Michael transferred in. After seeing how he got treated in class, Jack seemed to make it a point to hang around him. He made very little conversation, and often times, was not directly around Michael; more like stalking. But whenever someone acted up and hassled Michael, Jack found them and made it clear to them that that sort of bullshit was not going to be tolerated, with a combination of words (mostly colorful threats with a dash of pontification), and physical action to back it up (Jack has wrapped his hands around the throats of more than one student in his time). If pressed for an explanation for why he would do such a thing, it's because he "does not tolerate bullies" and "the only way you can talk to people like that is with their own language; violence".
Additional Notes: Jack is something of a truly eclectic person. One part warrior-poet, one part philosopher king. He also has been an emancipated teen since he was 17, and works part time at a bookstore. Drives a motorcycle, and possesses a full suit of biker armor.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Gekido

Character Sheet

Username:  Gekido
Character Name: Lance Maxwell
Height: 6’00”
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Appearance:

Sexuality: Straight
Personality: He is a good guy overall, she is almost always alone however when he is on a group he tends to voice his opinion. He doesn’t like bullying or people who bullies other without a reason. He is the type of guy that you can trust with your deepest darkest secrets and he would keep them. He tends to not trust a person right off the start however he can slowly trust others.
History: He was raised in Texas, however he was born in Seattle. Ever since he was little he was obsessed with physical training and sports. He became a jock at the school as soon as he can being the leader of the basketball team. He knew how to defend himself as well since his father gave him self defense classes since he was an instructor on the city. Lance always loved both of his parents and always respected them, he is usually a calm guy and has quite a lot of friends but likes to spend his time alone.

As he grew up on the school he started to focus more and more on self defense finding it to be something he enjoyed. Quitting the basketball team he remained a local celebrity of sorts since he often times got into fights for defending bullied people. He always believed in the supernatural and on the strange so he believed the blind guy right away knowing that he must had seen something to be that specific. 
Skills/Hobbies: Self Defense, Hand to hand combat, Running, Swimming and Cooking.
How he/she met Michael: Defended him a couple of times from bullies outside the school.
Additional Notes: Would like to see my character get involved with a couple of female students. He is always shy around woman so I would like him to be involved with some girls sooner or later.

Crowe

Character Sheet

Username: Crowe
Character Name: Billy Wilson
Height: 5'10"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Appearance: Pretty boy, more on the slim/toned side
Sexuality: Bi
Personality: As class president, he's social, charismatic and confident. While he is friendly towards others, he reveals little about his true feelings. He's like an open book with many missing pages.
History: Billy comes from divorced parents. His father was a wealthy businessman with a membership into an exclusive country club. His mother was a model who came from more humble beginnings. Both of them were too busy to pay much attention to Billy, who learned early that money mattered more than most things.

He had been studying at a private school for boys, but after an incident there, which eventually ended his parents' marriage, he was pulled out of the school and temporarily transferred to McKinney Highschool. He was first in archery class, but was forced to abandon that with the transfer since the new school doesn't have an archery club. It didn't take long for charismatic Billy to become class president and help organize quite a few school events.

He is sometimes seen as a playboy, which he simply laughs at. He can be flirty sometimes, with girls and some boys as well, so the rumor mill is filler with stories about him being promiscuous, whether its true or not. He has been linked to some of the most popular girls, to even a teacher at some point, but he never confirms any of it, instead dispelling them as just rumors. And because he is generally nice to others, he is liked by many.

Billy is very organized and put together, always having some sort of routine. The strange events that are currently taking place will throw his carefully laid out routine upside down.

Skills/Hobbies: Economics, Archery
How he/she met Michael: He met Michael when the blind boy arrived at school, welcoming him briefly.
Additional Notes: He doesn't fully believe in Michael's gift, but because his prediction did come to pass, he's going along with it for now, curious to see what else he gets right.

Cleo4u2

Jeeze, the bullies at this school must have been pretty awful to stand up to both of you and still keep going! <3

I would like everyone to think about setting up prior relationships to the plague and meeting Michael, so feel free to ask here for best friend, friends, frienemies, and/or rivals. You might inspire someone to create a character, though this is in no way required.

On another note: If you don't like or would like to change anything about Michael's reactions to your character, please send me a PM and we can discuss it. I want to bolster every individual's interaction in the story, which is why I'm doing this, so we can try to create a story where every character is important to the group's survival. Michael is just a guide, everything else will be up to the group.

TheHangedMan: I love him and have just one question....what is biker armor?

Michael's reaction to Jack's defense initially was to introduce himself officially. He did ask why Jack was helping him and smiled afterward as if he already knew. Every other time he was around, Michael seemed to know, but wasn't bothered and seemed to welcome his presence.

Gekido: Lance is great, especially those pictures. *fans self* I'm hoping we get some more girls wanting to play soon.

After Lance saved Michael from bullies after school, he would get the impression that the blind man had left school and kept up with Lance on purpose. An explanation of whether he knew he would only be safe with Lance or if there was another reason isn't offered.

Crowe: *tackle hugs* He is too cute. I may just have to steal that picture. I have a question for you, too - Why would the other students consider him a playboy? Did the rumor just start or did it have a basis?

When Billy and Michael met, it wasn't anything to remember, but a few days later a flyer would be dropped into Billy's locker about a local archery competition that was to take place the day the plague struck, just after school.

Suiko

Damn I'm so behind. Need to make someone!
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Cleo4u2

Quote from: Angel Eros on October 26, 2012, 09:47:48 AM
Damn I'm so behind. Need to make someone!

<3 There's no rush. I'm not going to start the rp until Sunday in a how to get more players between now and then

TheHangedOne

Biker armor is stuff that people wear when riding a dirt bike or motorcycle (well, not everyone, by far, but they ought to), and which is designed to, in the event of a crash, keep your bones from breaking, and to keep your skin from being ripped off of your body as you go careening along the ground. Typically, it's soft leather with hard leather and plastic inserts.  That kind of stuff can take a serious beating and keep the wearer safe.

This is an example of the stuff, and, if you're cool with him being a (relatively) heavily armored guy, then it's what I'd like him to start play with. Do note, of course, that's really only going to keep him safe from some forms of melee combat; a bow, crossbow, or bullet will punch right through it without too much difficulty.

Armored pants, as well as gloves, and a helmet on top of it all.
Check out my poet tree!

Crowe

Excellent question, Cleo, I forgot to add that in the profile. He can be flirty sometimes, with girls and some boys as well, so the rumor mill is filler with stories about him being promiscuous, whether its true or not. He has been linked to some of the most popular girls, to even a teacher at some point, but he never confirms any of it, instead dispelling them as just rumors.

As far as relationships with other characters, I'd say he knows most of them since he is class president. He'd probably be more familiar with Lance, since they are higher up in the school hierarchy. But he has knowledge of Jack's fighting, as it has been brought to his attention before. Since Michael is fairly knew, he doesn't know much about him, but he's nice to him all the same.

TheHangedOne

Speaking of relationships, I get the impression that not too many will be more than vaguely aware of Jack; mostly, just the rumors or having seen him get in the fights.  I could see him getting along well with Lance, though, since they have similar tendencies.
Check out my poet tree!

Rage

You have my interest.

I'll get to work on a Sheet after work ^-^
In a restaurant.
"Would you like a table?"
"Nope, I want to eat on the floor... Carpet for five, please"

Cleo4u2

The more I'm thinking about Jack and Lance fighting off bullies, I'm coming to the conclusion that bullying was a big problem at this school, possibly by a gang or something organized. So if anyone wants to run with that in the initial group of characters, feel free since it would add an interesting dynamic to the group.

TheHangedMan: That's fine. I'm sure it'll be plenty intimidating for outsiders as well. Would he wear it every day, or just when going to a dirt track to ride? Also, I'm sure those he has championed are very aware of him, though might be too intimidated by their experiences to talk with him much. Same with those he was fighting. Not famous, or popular, but infamous. That's just my opinion, though.

Crowe: Mm, naughty boy sleeping with teachers. Tsk tsk.

Rage: Glad to have you! I'm looking forward to what you post.

Suiko

I realise now I'm far too picky with character pictures. Might take a while Cleo ♡
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on October 26, 2012, 11:34:47 AM
TheHangedMan: That's fine. I'm sure it'll be plenty intimidating for outsiders as well. Would he wear it every day, or just when going to a dirt track to ride? Also, I'm sure those he has championed are very aware of him, though might be too intimidated by their experiences to talk with him much. Same with those he was fighting. Not famous, or popular, but infamous. That's just my opinion, though.

Since he rides his motorcycle (A Dyna Wide glide), and to work, and just about anywhere, he's always got his armor on. He wears it because if he ever got in an accident, that armor will make sure he can walk away from it (in theory, at least).

Also, it makes sense for him to be infamous, since he's not someone that ever justifies his actions, except to those who ask him about it (like Michael); because nobody really knows his underlying motivations, it's easy to just see him as a violent outcast.

Edit: Added a picture to my character sheet. It's him, riding on his beloved chopper.
Check out my poet tree!

Crowe

Hehe :D

I wanted to create someone new and slightly different from other characters I've done before. I'm pretty happy with this one ;D

minerva7790

Sounds interesting! Give me a while to get my character sheet up. ;)
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Blonde

Without being all cliche, can I make an English student? Just cause it'd be easier for me playing an English girl who doesn't really know the country.
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Cleo4u2

Blonde: Yeah, a transfer student from England would be perfectly fine.

minerva7790: Sounds great! I'll be looking forward to your post :)

Crowe: You look like you did a good job at that

Angel Eros: No worries. If you want to post without a picture at first that'll be okay. I figure if you want to establish a relationship it'll be best to post sooner.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Crowe on October 26, 2012, 10:26:25 AM

But he has knowledge of Jack's fighting, as it has been brought to his attention before.

Makes sense to me. Do we want to say that Billy knows why Jack fights?
Check out my poet tree!

Crowe

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 26, 2012, 12:33:44 PM
Makes sense to me. Do we want to say that Billy knows why Jack fights?

Yeah, most likely he knows the guys were bullies, so most of the time Billy just turns a blind eye towards that and doesn't tell on him.