The Next Generation

Started by Lady Jenn, September 06, 2017, 02:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Why?" Clint asked, looking confused. "Have you told Katya? This feels like something she deserves to know if she doesn't already."

Lawshenk

She smiled " she knows sweetie"

Lady Jenn

"What about Sky?" he asked. "He's been...weird since we got here. Not even angry, or upset...it's like he's just resigned."

Lawshenk

First rule of heroing we can't save them all, this is his last battle

Lady Jenn

"I..." Clint was lost for words, feeling relieved when Katya, fully suited up, walked over. "Is everything okay Cypher?"

"You wouldn't think Yuri is old enough to enjoy his twilight years in peace," she replied with a laugh. "He's getting just as impatient to get started as he did in his younger years."

Lawshenk

Gerri looked at her and smiled " ready every one?"

Lady Jenn

"As ready as they're ever likely to be," Cypher asked. "In all honesty, it might be best to go now before any of us have an attack of common sense and rethink this plan."

Lawshenk

Gerri looks Beverly's but agrees

Lady Jenn

"What's the plan?" Cypher asked. "I can get us in once we're on site, but someone else will have to get us there."

"How does a plane sound?" came a voice suddenly as a tall man in red and blue armour suddenly appeared, next to a landed plane which seemed to have materialised out of nowhere. "This is old Hero Corps supplies which the Brigade...didn't steal, we just 'forgot' to give it back when we were finished with it."

"Lucas old friend," Yuri said, laughing as the two men hugged. "Geri, Sky, everyone, meet Lucas Stoneman, also known as Stardust. He was second in command of the Star Brigade, despite being one of Britain's strongest heroes."

"And the only one stronger is my half-sister," Lucas said, bowing to them all. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Lawshenk

Gerri looked at them, "for those of us not invited the plane may work but we can't all fly "

Lady Jenn

"You're best not flying in," Lucas said. "Carreyra is expecting it, he has anti-air defences set up. The advantage of this plane is even if he sees it, it looks like a Hero Corps plane. He can't shoot it down without risking blowing his own cover. Unless you guys have some other cloaking tech on you?"

Lawshenk

Gerri coughed" could be a good distraction though the plane I mean"

Lady Jenn

"I suppose it's worth a try," Lucas said after thinking for a few moments. "Just be aware that if anything goes wrong I won't be able to provide any kind of covering fire, otherwise we'll all be in trouble."

Lawshenk

Getting looked nervous " no guns "

Lady Jenn

"Oh, I'm not talking guns," Lucas said. "My power is more about managing to put people to sleep, I would've called myself Sleepy Dust if it wasn't such a bad name."

Lawshenk

"there's the sand man " Gerri suggeusted

Lady Jenn

"f we get out the other side of this I'll take that name," Lucas replied with a smile. "For now we've got more important things to do, like saving the world."

Lawshenk

Lady Jenn

"You coming with us or are you flying?" Clint said as Lucas helped the team aboard. "Gotta be honest, I feel marginally safer in the plane."

Lawshenk

Getting wanted to run, " I'll go with you guys , no way of backing out then"

Lady Jenn

"We'll be fine," Cypher said, trying to sound more confident than she felt inwardly. "I would say what could possibly go wrong but that's just asking for trouble."

Lawshenk

Gerri really took cypherhand

Lady Jenn

"In case anything happens," Cypher said quietly enough only Geri would hear her. "I'm kicking myself I didn't say this to you before, but I love you."

Lawshenk

Gerri took her hand " and me you"

Lady Jenn

"We're nearing the base," Stardust said from the cockpit. "Judging by long range scans we're in luck, they haven't mobilized any attacking forces as far as I can tell."