Fae: A Game of Immortals [Var] [3 post microgames]

Started by The Great Triangle, December 31, 2008, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

I've got an idea for an ultra short form meta-game based around the idea of incomprehensible creatures beyond reality.  They create universes, and set loose actors and wisps of quintessence to fight mighty battles, and live great romances, as they fight for reality. 

This game idea is for a semi system based game with a very basic system, in which players portray godlike beings  who grant each other titles, and great powers, then try to steal them back in an effort towards transcendence.  Each round of gameplay will feature an immortal challenging another immortal to a duel in which the challenger specifies how he tries to take the title he's after, be it by seduction, rape, force, wealth, or pure awesome.  Then, the challenged player posts how he or she intends to defend their title, and the final post goes to the challenger, who posts how he or she overcomes the defense.

At that point, a vote is taken among the players to determine whether the challenger succeeded or not, and the next round begins anew.  To add more spice to the game, players who take several days to post or vote risk their right of posting or voting being hijacked by another player.  (every 8, 12, or 24 hours, depending on player preference, other players... or even players outside the game, may roll a 10 sided die.  When the cumulative result of a player's 10 sided die roll reaches 20, that player may make the post for the player he was hijacking.)

Anyone manage to parse that?  *giggles*
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Will

If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

The Great Triangle

The golden rule of the game is that players can make new rules whenever they wish, but only those who vote yes to the rule are bound by them.  (so 2-3 players might choose to have themselves vulnerable to having their post commandeered every 4 hours, or if they really wanted to go crazy, every 10 minutes when both of them are online, but this doesn't affect how the rules work with other players.)  Players can also use rule pledges to bind themselves to formal agreements with each other, such as always voting each other to victory, although they must follow these agreements always.  A player who breaks a rule/his or her word loses a title.

Once I've got the game thread going, I'll detail how players can get indulgences, which can be exchanged to break non core rules without penalty.  :)

Ons and Offs

Elohim

The Great Triangle

I've posted a full summary of the rules here.   I also created the immortal I'll be playing.  Fate.  He's a modest creature with two titles, to be determined by the players.

For the first two players interested in playing, go ahead and name your immortal, then choose one of Fate's titles.  Then, your titles will be rolled for, and the next players to join will decide those titles.  Each player should try to bestow as many titles as possible, to gain more Feud rights.

Ons and Offs

Silk

The Great Triangle

Excellent.  PM me or just ask in the thread if you have any difficulties understanding things.  :)

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

Alright, the game is just about ready to begin. 

There's still an opening for one more player, although just because you're not a player doesn't mean you can't post in the game.  :)

Ons and Offs

Aravol

This is going to be the best game I've seen in a long time! Count me in!

Immortal Name: Aravol
Fate's Title: The Liar