IC: Ye Olde Dungeon Crawl using World of Dungeons

Started by Cirus, January 07, 2019, 08:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirus

I am looking for a few good players to write as a company of heroes.

Myself? I am an ancient role player, first nursing at the breast of the 1981 edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I picked this ultra rules light version of Dungeon World so that we, the writers, can focus on character and world development- the story. Also the rules have a certain level of nostalgia.

But oh how I love a good old fashioned dungeon crawl! So let us turn back the clock to when we were pre- teens (well ok, maybe just a handful of us) and dive into a world of dungeons!

NOTE: I have no qualms with some of our company manifesting or expressing desires for one another, if it goes with the story, hades, you can even flirt with the monsters! Gelatinous Cube beware!

Did I mention that WoD is free here WoD
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

jeflint

Not familiar with world of dungeons but as long as there's a chance for snappy dialogue and mischief you can consider me as a rogue, a fighter or some combo of the two that loves to talk. :)

I do like to play non humans though, so is that going to be a problem?

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Cirus

I submit for your interest, something a bit more precise...

THE STONE OF KUAKARE

At first you and the companions thought the whole thing a cruel joke from the gods, a misdemeanor of corrupt a sage or a deviant monk, nothing serious. Yet every day more and more of the townspeople lifted a stone from the ground and tried to connect with the Stone of the Kuakare- and fewer and fewer drank or even entered any fined established like the one you all are sitting in- The Secret Door.

No one was really sure who Kuakare was, or how long he lived, what absolute about him was his distaste for anything supple, soft, fleshy or even pleasurable. The low level mage, scholar really, began shouting his beliefs in the largest city, striking the curiosity of many, almost instantly. His absolutism once caused kings to forego marriage and queens to become celibate. Some even say this was the reason many of the royal families, or even the kingdom-states had collapsed almost a century ago. Yet even with the passing of centuries no one knew why the people succumbed to such ill words.

At least in those far gone days, people knew why the words made them mad with action, loving stones, rejecting pleasures. A disgusted visitor to the town could point at Kuakare, or better spit on him. But in these recent days no one knew why people acted as if Kuakare had spoken, or seen the stone, when no Kuakare or his stone were anywhere to be seen or known.

"Someone's gotta find it," Gyg the Axe, a former and famous dwarven-adventurer muttered as he handed you another ale or wine, or whatever you wish. "It ain't going ta' find itself and look at this place, with people loving rocks there isn't a moment left for drinking ale!"

"Find it..." one of your brave warrior, mage or thief whispered from behind a tankard. Thick with sleep and drunk, the voice dragged until stopping in  a painful hiss. "Find what Gyg?"

"Find the stone of Kuakare of course, before I have to close this tavern!"

It was then that the tavern door burst open, like almost every night. A silent groan creaked deep in Gyg's throat just as the words burst out from the doorway...

"Who are those that would hide the Stone of Kuakare?!"
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies