Smallville: New Begining (Tabletop rpg game, open)

Started by Miyu, August 17, 2011, 01:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

In a town called smallville things are never what it seems, it all started one fatefull day, a day that will change the lives of every single person in this little town and in turn will change the lives of everybody alive forever. A meteor shower hit the small town of Smallville destroying almost everything, those lucky enough to survive went on with their lives like nothing ever happened. Now ten years after the shower things are starting to act up because of it. People are starting to develop powers, without being able to explain people just go on with their lives ignoring the signs around them. Smallville High it's the school where this takes place, a small school in the middle of the small town. The local Football team "The Smallville Crows" are champions three years in a row. The school newspaper called, "The Torch" reveals everything going on with the town and mostly the school, it it's ran by Chloe Sullivan a very bright student. The classes are excellent and we have the best teachers in the country. Now the story will begin, the story where you are the main attraction, welcome to Smallville: New Beginings.

OOC:
I will use the Cortex- Smallville Role playing game rules for this rp. If you want to have the book just let me know and I will do my best to get it to you.

Due to the rules I need a solid group of people to start this with, Five people would be the best option.

I will act as Watchtower AKA "Storyteller" for this game.

The corebook and rules for character sheet generation it's VERY different from ANY rpg you played, please talk to me for any doubts. I am still learning as well the system but I like it since it is made for forum plays.

Clark will not take place in this rp, think of it as he never existed. This will be our own alternate universe and we will form our own heroes.

Also remember, this will take place at the beginning of season one when the kids with power were trying their best to control them. So no superheroes for now just normal teens with powers.

Players:
1rst spot- Morganna Natsume
2nd spot- meikle
3rd spot- Open
4rth spot -Open
5th Spot- Open
6th Spot- Miyu's main character/ npcs.

meikle

I really think the Smallville system looks like a lot of fun and I'd love to be involved in this!
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Miyu

meikle

O and O and Discord
A and A

Miyu

Done, do you have yahoo messenger so we can chat about it?

Miyu

Basic information before the creation of the character sheet.
Picture/Appearance:
Name:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Turn off's:
Bio: (only a bit since the bio it's linked to the character sheet, you will later finish it)

Miyu

Name: Chloe Sullivan
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Chloe it’s a firecracker of a person, she values her friendship more than her own life sometimes. She is the type of person you could trust with your deepest darkest secrets and she would never tell a soul about it, even if it depends on her life. If you grab her attention and are a mystery to her she will investigate you and find out whatever it is the person it’s hiding. She it’s a person that does not give up and hates to being kept out of the loop of stuff related to her friends.
Likes: Computer, Investigations, Music, Meteor Freaks, Mysteries, Journalism, Having fun.
Dislikes: People who hurt her friends, People who hurts others, Being kept a secret from her, Watching loved ones get hurt.
Turn off's: Scat, Gore, Vore, Bestiality
Bio: She was born in Star city.  Ever since she was little her love for journalism and writing as apparent since she always carried a notebook everywhere. With her father out of most of her life she had to learn to fend for herself and her mother. With her mother hiding a very deep and dark secret from her own daughter they lived their lives as nothing happened. One day something terrible happened, Moira (Chloe’s mother) fell into a coma and did not wake up. The doctors made Chloe believe that her mother was dead and transferred her to live with her grandparents in Smallville where she started attending Smallville high.

meikle

Name: Lillian Lawes
Sexuality: Homosexual
Personality: Upbeat, friendly, and a little bit deceitful; Lillian has a strong interest in herself, her social standing, and having the ability to have things go her way through whatever means ... but she tends to hide that behind her outgoing personality and a cheerful attitude.  She sees most of her life as a competition, something to win or lose, and she doesn't like to lose.
Likes: Expensive things, fancy things, unhealthy food, pop music, popularity and cheerleading
Dislikes: Unpopular people, athletes, and health food
Turn offs: Boys (and other assorted nasty stuff!)
Bio: Pending character creation!  Probably born comfortably wealthy (but not rich) and raised in Smallville proper by parents who run a successful business (maybe a state-wide business which they just operate from Smallville.)  I am thinking she is some sort of athlete (probably a cheerleader), but she probably doesn't have any kinds of powers (not an alien or metahuman, not a meteor freak either, just a normal person.)

O and O and Discord
A and A

EbonyQueen

This looks interesting, I would very much like to take a look at the book/system. I am also expressing tentative interest as long as my current slow posting rate (due to hand injury) is acceptable to the group at large.

Miyu

Do you have yahoo so we can chat about it? i can tell you about the system and everything.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Miyu on August 17, 2011, 03:39:07 PM
Do you have yahoo so we can chat about it? i can tell you about the system and everything.

I do, yes, but unfortunately I am down a hand due to an injury so it's hard to reply to IMs in any amount of reasonable time. Would PMs be sufficient?

Miyu

EbonyQueen

Primarch

(Heya Ebony! How's the hand?)

I am also interested, but entirely unfamiliar with the rule system. I tend to learn quickly however.

Miyu

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Miyu

Cold Heritage

Yes, I have the book.

Should I fill out the character skeleton thing? I wasn't sure if there was stuff you wanted to discuss in PM before I did.

Miyu

yea since that is the basic since you know the character sheet depends on other characters as well.

Cold Heritage

Picture/Appearance: Appearance
Name: Oleg Fyodorov
Sexuality: Hetero
Personality: Oleg is a pretty quiet kind of guy. He doesn't have much to say most of the time. When the time comes, he likes to think he's the kind of person who'll do the right thing for the right reasons. His father's always told him 'we are what we do,' and Oleg's tried to live his life by those words.
Dislikes: Lies, Smugness, Know-It-Alls
Turn off's: Waste, Gore, Vore, Bestiality, Being Penetrated
Bio: I am thinking that Oleg would be the son of one of Smallville's many farmers. I'd enjoy being a Kryptonian, but a metahuman'd be good too.

Primarch

Picture/Appearance: Boom
Name: Chase Brannigan
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Generally pleasant and sociable, Chase encourages self-improvement and healthy living. He has a preference for small social circles that are more tightly bound together, though he might often show annoyance or frustration at the antics of some friends he's the first to jump in and keep his own safe, a natural big brother despite being an only child. Tends to keep his cards close to his chest and catch people off guard when they think they have him found out, be it on the football field or schoolyard punch up.
Likes: Cooking, acoustic guitar, horse riding, end result of hard work, discipline, coffee, lollipops
Dislikes: Unhealthy food, abusers, back stabbing
Turn off's: Gore, scat and things that tend to go hand in hand with that
Bio: Son of a family that owns a moderate sized Horse ranch/stable, Chase is known to be a natural athlete. Tends to take a "give 100% or nothing" approach to his life interests.

Miyu

ok I think we have enough. I want all of you to put the name of each pc and what it's your relation with them, that is for all of us to be able to make the character sheet as much as we can. If you want a deep relationship with a char please pm that person and make sure it's alright with Him/Her.

Chloe Sullivan
Lillian Lawes
Oleg Fyodorov
Chase Brannigan
Elbony queens char.
Morganna char.

AS OF NOW, I WON'T ACCEPT ANY NEW PLAYER. THANK YOU.

EbonyQueen

Actually I am going to pass. The system is not making all that much sense to me, and my posting speed will be abysmal due to the necessity of one-handed typing right now. I have no doubt finding one more player won't be a problem. I hope you all have fun!

Miyu

I am sorry to see you leaving Ebony, I hope that your arm heals fast:)

meikle

Quote from: Miyu on August 18, 2011, 02:36:04 PM
Chloe Sullivan
Oleg Fyodorov
Chase Brannigan

Just some thoughts:

Lillian probably picks on Chloe.  She is kind of a bully, and Chloe is kind of a nerd.  On the other hand, Chloe is cute, which probably just motivates Chloe to be meaner.

Chase sounds like a decent person, which probably means that Lillian is wary of him.  On the other hand, if he's an athlete, it might mean that they run with similar social circles.

I don't know enough about Oleg to make suggestions. :(

O and O and Discord
A and A