News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Amy "There will be consequences" Kremer

Started by Trieste, January 04, 2013, 05:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

So I have... kind of a rant, but Bad and Ugly seemed a bad place for it given the subject matter... I don't know. There isn't really an appropriate place for this, but PROC is the closest place I could think of. Eh. ::)

CNN article

My favorite quote: "It's unacceptable to have somebody who votes with the Democrats more than they do with the conservatives [...]"

Ms. Kremer, do you think there are not conservative Democrats?

Ms. Kremer, do you think that with 89 yea votes out of a possible 97 in the Senate, the fiscal cliff deal was not bipartisan?

Ms. Kremer, do you think that the 85 House Republicans who supported this bill despite enormous pressure not to do so - did it because they thought it would be the easy way? Or do you think they did what they thought was right?

Ms. Kremer, do you even realize that the people who are actually elected to Congress are under an obligation to serve all the Americans in their district - conservative or liberal?

Ms. Kremer, if you think that Congress is so out of line, put your money where your mouth is and campaign for it. Until and unless you sit in that seat, shut the fuck up.

Callie Del Noire

I personally applaud the GOP senators who learned a new word this year (compromise) and to hear a senator actually talk back to Grover Norquist and his hostage taking anti-tax pledge is long over due. WE elect our Representativeband Senators. ... NOT Grover 'Down the Government in a Bathtub' Norquist.  For over two decades he's held elected officials hostage with that god damned pledge of his. 

As for Amy Kremer, she won't run. Too much power being where she is now with little to no accountability. She will use her position to threaten officials who don't roll over and play dead to her and hers.

Sex Bobomb

This woman, the movement she represents, and the delusional ideals they subscribe to represent a broader problem with the current conservative movement. Republican candidates have to go hard right to win the primaries (since primaries attract the dogmatic wing of the party), and then spend enormous energy moderating their hard positions during the actual election.

The system is broken; if conservatives don’t return to their ideological roots – fiscal conservatism, respect for individuals, small government – they will go the way of the dodo.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on January 04, 2013, 11:30:15 AM
This woman, the movement she represents, and the delusional ideals they subscribe to represent a broader problem with the current conservative movement. Republican candidates have to go hard right to win the primaries (since primaries attract the dogmatic wing of the party), and then spend enormous energy moderating their hard positions during the actual election.

The system is broken; if conservatives don’t return to their ideological roots – fiscal conservatism, respect for individuals, small government – they will go the way of the dodo.

I can't disagree. I don't see it as the system being broken but another part of the problem of Voter Apathy though.. you have folks who see no reason to get involved in the 'process' except for those with a specific agenda to pursue. The Tea Party, initially, had some good ideas.. the problem is that a lot of the direction of the movement was hijacked from the first months of protests to what we have today.

A LOT of problem we're having in the GOP, to my eye .. from watching my old brother run for office in my home state, is that the 'old guard' has been in control of the local/state/national party apparatus for DECADES.. and are willing to ally with ANYONE to keep control of the party. I met the 'party officials' several time and a LOT of these guys are in their 70s and 80s.. with a handful of 60 year olds..and few 40 to 50 year olds. Some party officials have been in place since the last major shake up .. WATERGATE, and have stayed their since.

Oniya

When someone like that says 'There will be consequences', I'm tempted to point out that every action has consequences.   They just might not be the ones she wants.

ETA: And PROC is probably the perfect place to post this.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on January 04, 2013, 11:52:36 AM
When someone like that says 'There will be consequences', I'm tempted to point out that every action has consequences.   They just might not be the ones she wants.

ETA: And PROC is probably the perfect place to post this.

Well I've noticed that Authoritarians like Mrs. Kremer tend to be very absolute in their declarations. That gives them little to no room to wiggle when it comes back to bite them in the ass. (Witness Grover Norquist's sudden loss of leverage by his demand that NO tax increases should ever be pursued. He's most likely badgering something like 40 republican senators right now.. to get his 'boys' in line)

itsbeenfun2000

I am a dieing breed, a moderate Republican, that really has no party anymore. As long as the Republican party doesn't denounce the Tea Party and it's extremest I will not vote for most of their candidates, especially in major elections.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: itsbeenfun2000 on January 04, 2013, 08:57:44 PM
I am a dieing breed, a moderate Republican, that really has no party anymore. As long as the Republican party doesn't denounce the Tea Party and it's extremest I will not vote for most of their candidates, especially in major elections.

The term you're looking for is.. RINO. (Republican in Name Only). I'm one. And we're not as small a breed as you would think.

Ironwolf85

I was always an independent, mostly because I spent my teen years under the bush administration, and like many never joined the republican party because of that.
I think if I ever joined the republican party I'd be booted out as a RINO for my stance on social issues.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on January 11, 2013, 05:05:56 PM
I was always an independent, mostly because I spent my teen years under the bush administration, and like many never joined the republican party because of that.
I think if I ever joined the republican party I'd be booted out as a RINO for my stance on social issues.

I refuse to be booted. I know the only way will party will self reform and survive is if loud annoying pricks like me do our part and participate. The choices are that I can continue to let the socially intractable or corporately purchased run the party in opposed or have my say.

gaggedLouise

The best comment ever on the proposal for a nominal trillion dollar coin to create some head room under the debt ceiling:

"These debates are getting to feel more and more like Uncle $crooge's charmed first dime. Oh by the way, don't I look like Magica de Spell?"

;D

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"