River Tam's Classmate (M Seeking F)

Started by Artairus Dent, November 28, 2012, 03:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artairus Dent

So, I don't do many fandoms but I love Firefly.

I think it goes without saying that I have a huge crush on Summer Glau/River Tam (who doesn't), but I generally steer clear of canon characters.

What I was thinking is it might be fun to play in the Firefly 'Verse.

What if River wasn't the only one who escaped from the government.  What if she had a classmate who was just as smart who also escaped, maybe taking advantage of the confusion when River was busted out to make her break on her own. 

My character:  Bo Jansen. 30-ish.  Flies a solo smuggling ship that specializes in small, pricey cargo.  His ship is called a Hummingbird, for its ability to hover as well as move in small, rapid bursts in atmo.  It can carry a small payload, and two crew comfortably four uncomfortably.

In terms your character, the only thing I would want to avoid is having her be too messed up.  Mainly, because I can't think of a more frustrating roleplay of someone going catatonic every five minutes and not able to function.  For me, the main thing I look for in a RP is the interchange and relationships... hard to have that if she is entirely damaged.  My vote would be to have her be more cautious and guarded, but also lethal when needed.  The fun would be in my character gaining her trust, them becoming friends, and so on.

Anyone want to join me in the 'Verse?

I'm a male, looking to play with a female.

FireflyWhisper

I can't help but reply to this post.  I have good knowledge of the Firefly/Serenity world and would like to give this a shot, if you're willing to put up with a newbie here, trying her first RP on Elliquiy.

Artairus Dent

Hey All,

I had some great responses so I'm closing this one.  Thanks!