Infamy [Freeform, small group (6 max), Villains, Ex] - Recruitment Open for 1.

Started by Kokaine, July 19, 2021, 12:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Infamy

They say its the victors who write history. Well, this story is ours. I won't call it the beginning, because, who really knows when it began, when we began. But in the future, when its all said and done and they have no one else to blame but themselves... they'll look back on all this, they'll remember, they had a chance. Chances upon chances really. And they failed. Every. Single. One.

This is essentially an origin story. We all know about heroes and how they are sometimes born or sometimes made, sometimes they seek glory and sometimes shit just happens to them. But this isn't about them. This is about the other kids. The ones that can't or don't always make the "right" choices, or who don't even have an option to chose. The ones with ideas that aren't so bright and pretty...

So basically I am wanting to write an almost slice-of-life story about 4-6 powered young adults all intertwined and trying to survive. I'm looking for grit, grime, and street level realness. I'm looking for characters that feel like real people--they love, laugh, bleed, cry, or at least try--but for whatever reason they end up on 'the wrong path'.

While this is not set in a particular universe, I am leaning toward a world where powered individuals are rare but real. And for this story, characters would not be the super over powered instant bad ass types.

As a group their catalyst will be when the government tries to round them up so they can throw them away and pretend they don't exist but personal motives are yours to create.

Romance and smut are totally fine if they happen. Not gonna bother with percentages as I'm cool with going where the story takes us.

Do note that this game will likely be in the extreme section to cover violence and gore.

Characters should all be preferably human, or at least humaniod in appearance. You can take inspiration for power-sets from marvel or dc but be reasonable. Being able to beat up everyone all the time and win every fight is not the point. These characters WILL lose somewhere along the way, probably more than once.

What I am looking for:
~3-5 others who enjoy world building and contributing to the story.
~Characters aged 19-25, moderate to low level powers (no planet killers, please).
~Players who can deal with a relaxed pace (one post a week minimum in the main chapter thread is the goal, more if possible, but I cannot guarantee daily posting and I don't want poking or guilt trips or people trying to skip others).
~I would ideally like to be able to have a group discord for plotting and such

Feel free to express interest here or ask questions.
Character sheets will be very bare bones so I will take a peek at your posts. Quality always outweighs quantity but I'd prefer writers who can write at least a solid two paragraphs.
Ideally there will be a main chapter thread for scenes to do with the over arching plot but a few side threads for small scenes/character development. The idea is for these characters to become a tight knit group.

Character Creation

~Players are allow one (1) character. Side characters or NPCs may be allowed at some point but for now just focus on your one brain baby.
~Images may be real people or realistic art, no anime or cartoon-y images please.
~Connections to other characters are encouraged! The characters should be interconnected given our setup here so please feel free to make significant others, family, best friends, rivals, or whatever strikes you. Shared history is awesome!
~Power sets may overlap, but should not be duplicates (unless deliberately plotted to be so).
~This is your character, make someone you will have fun with. If you ask me what the group needs my answer will be "nothing".
~Keep in mind there are consequences for IC actions. Yes, these are not intended to be good guys but if you make a character who openly carves people up like a serial killer right out the gate you may have difficulties.
~Have fun!

Character Sheet:

Name : Self explanatory.
Nickname(s) | Aliases : If applicable.
DOB | Age : Characters should be between the ages of 19 and 25.
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Biological | How do they see themselves | How they like to be addressed

Marital Status : Single? Engaged? Married? Divorced? Widowed?
Family : Immediate family, those closest to them, or notable figures.

Height | Build : Use Feet & Inches please.
Hair | Eyes : Color? Length? Texture?
Distinguishing Features : Any tattoos, piercings, scars, etc.

Powered or Non-Powered : Just what it says.
Classification : Natural - born with powers. Augmented - no powers but uses equipment. Experimental - altered in a lab. Accidental - caused by external source but not in a lab. Alien - species other than human. Other - for anything that doesn't fall under the other classes.
Power Set : Be clear. Powers can develop over time. There should be clear weaknesses/drawbacks/limits. If you can't think of how your character can be taken down, they're likely too powerful.
Weapons & Skills : Do they need a suit? A gun? A gem? Do they know karate? Street fighting? Throw pop culture references like a pro?

Personality : What is your character like? You can write paragraphs, lists traits, note positives and negatives, or do bullet points, just tell us what they're like.

Dislikes : Non-Sexual. Just a few to help with connections.
Fears : Just what it says.

History : Honestly the personality is more important with regard to this sheet so just hit the highlights here. I don't need a novel. Bullet points are fine.

Sexuality : For no other reason than to be clear for those who may be interested.
On's and Offs : You know what these are. A link to your O/Os is acceptable or you can list things.

Theme Song(s) : Just some flavor.
Extras : Feel free to note other details that may not fit elsewhere.

Connections : TBD.

[float=left][img height=300 padding=20]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d6/7f/cb/d67fcb293e7ab5d6fdd92cb9bc639b3b.jpg[/img][/float]
[font=georgia][b]Name :[/b] [i]Self explanatory.[/i]
[b]Nickname(s) | Aliases :[/b] [i]If applicable.[/i]
[b]DOB | Age :[/b] [i]Characters should be between the ages of 19 and 25.[/i]
[b]Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns:[/b] [i]Biological | How do they see themselves | How they like to be addressed [/i]

[b]Marital Status :[/b] [i]Single? Engaged? Married? Divorced? Widowed?[/i]
[b]Family :[/b] [i]Immediate family, those closest to them, or notable figures.[/i]

[b]Height | Build :[/b] [i]Use Feet & Inches please.[/i]
[b]Hair | Eyes :[/b] [i]Color? Length? Texture?[/i]
[b]Distinguishing Features :[/b] [i]Any tattoos, piercings, scars, etc. [/i]

[b]Powered or Non-Powered :[/b] [i]Just what it says.[/i]
[b]Classification :[/b] [i]Natural - born with powers. Augmented - no powers but uses equipment. Experimental - altered in a lab. Accidental - caused by external source but not in a lab. Alien - species other than human. Other - for anything that doesn't fall under the other classes.[/i]
[b]Power Set :[/b] [i]Be clear. Powers can develop over time. There should be clear weaknesses/drawbacks/limits. If you can't think of how your character can be taken down, they're likely too powerful.[/i]
[b]Weapons & Skills :[/b] [i]Do they need a suit? A gun? A gem? Do they know karate? Street fighting? Throw pop culture references like a pro?[/i]

[b]Personality :[/b] [i]What is your character like? You can write paragraphs, lists traits, note positives and negatives, or do bullet points, just tell us what they're like.[/i]

[b]Likes :[/b] [i]Non-Sexual. Just a few to help with connections.[/i]
[b]Dislikes :[/b] [i]Non-Sexual. Just a few to help with connections.[/i]
[b]Fears :[/b] [i]Just what it says.[/i]

[b]History :[/b] [i]Honestly the personality is more important with regard to this sheet so just hit the highlights here. I don't need a novel. Bullet points are fine. [/i]

[b]Sexuality :[/b] [i]For no other reason than to be clear for those who may be interested.[/i]
[b]On's and Offs :[/b] [i]You know what these are. A link to your O/Os is acceptable or you can list things.[/i]

[b]Theme Song(s) :[/b] [i]Just some flavor.[/i]
[b]Extras :[/b] [i]Feel free to note other details that may not fit elsewhere.[/i]

[b]Connections :[/b] [i]TBD.[/i]

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Totoro

Hey! Absolutely love this idea and would love to participate. You know I'm happy to contribute to worldbuilding. Also happy with discord and a relaxed post rate.

Foxy DeVille

Very much interested. I've had a hankering to be a low level baddie for a while now.

virtualblue

I'm interested.

I get the street-level theme, but are there any powersets you plan on disallowing? Also, was everyone created by the same event (mutation, experiment, etc), or are all of the usual suspects for gaining superpowers available?

blue

Wyatt

I am interested, maybe a sandboxy thread for character interaction and development and the one story teller thread with a relaxed paste.  I would love to hear more (-:
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Nowherewoman

Potential interest. Need to churn character ideas, though, be sure I can come up with something low level enough.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Kokaine

Hey all! Happy to see some interest crop up!

I've added the character sheet in my first post so that those that wish to can start poking away at character ideas. It shouldn't feel like anything too intensive but should still let you give a good snapshot of your character for the rest of us. It's meant to be a starting point to build from so don't worry about knowing any and everything about your character from day 1. I really want this RP to be character focused so I'm expecting growth and change anyhow.

As for the questions and comments that have popped up so far...

World wise I am envisioning an AU that's similar enough to contemporary times. Set in 2027. Covid happened, the world changed a little on the social front, but for the most part the wheels kept turning and life resumed. Tech might be a little more advanced but most things are recognizable. Powered individuals are a known phenomena but are rare. More so than they seem in comics/superhero movies. Most try and keep that sort of thing to themselves otherwise they risk facing discrimination at best, or getting straight up disappeared at worst. There are government sanctioned individuals but they are kept on a leash. There are neighborhood vigilantes too but they hide their identities like hell. The world at large has not yet seen any truly outrageously powered beings. No Superman or Wonder Woman or Thor or Captain Marvel like folks. No baddies on that scale yet either. Doesn't mean they don't exist, its just not public record.

For our group I was either leaning toward them all living/being in a similar neighborhood that gets hit by a government roundup. Or already being in a facility and having a chance to escape when something goes wrong. The idea being proximity and necessity/survival bringing them together beyond whatever base connections there might be.

The main story would move in chapters that include at least one major event. Side scenes and character development would be heavily encouraged in other threads both because that sort of thing really helps and is fun, but also so that no one has to feel like they are sitting around or not involved.

As far as power sets... I'm hesitant to just start listing things that aren't allowed as I feel you never know how something can be tweaked or used effectively. Plus, usually its the sum total of the abilities that's usually too much. Let me see what you all come up with and we can address it if it feels too power heavy. I will also get my character sheet up soon so you can all kinda see an example.

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Nowherewoman

Will try to get something up tomorrow; ATM, I'm thinking along the lines of a pestomancer- think Squirrel Girl, or Willard, if you're a fan of old creepy movies. She can cause rodents or bugs to swarm. ATM, it's more a utility and distraction tool, but I could see it developing into being able to fly, for example- encased in a shell of wasps...

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Kokaine

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 19, 2021, 05:10:07 PM
Will try to get something up tomorrow; ATM, I'm thinking along the lines of a pestomancer- think Squirrel Girl, or Willard, if you're a fan of old creepy movies. She can cause rodents or bugs to swarm. ATM, it's more a utility and distraction tool, but I could see it developing into being able to fly, for example- encased in a shell of wasps...

Sounds good to me. And Im definitely okay with it developing further.

My O/Os

CurvyKitten

OH what’s this Koka running a game?! Oh My! Color me interested, pending muse juice of course.

Daemose

This certainly sounds interesting and a take I've not been able to enjoy in ages!

Nowherewoman

Name : Geri (no last)
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Backstreet
DOB | Age : 20-22? She's not sure.
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Cis femme
Marital Status : Single
Family : Homeless; has a few friends among the shelter crowd, and is on decent terms with a few Detectives, but no one she's really all that close to. Geri has vague memories of someone she thinks might have been her mother, but they're not pleasant ones, so she doesn't dwell on them.

Height | Build : 5'4”, somewhat undernourished (ca. 112#), but wiry and fairly agile.
Hair | Eyes : Black and usually messy; grey eyes
Distinguishing Features : Knife scar upper l. shoulder.

Powered or Non-Powered :powered
Classification : Natural mutation.
Power Set : Pestomancer. Can summon rodents and insects. Not much of a power, ATM, but she's managed to drive off several would-be attackers with swarms of wasps or rats. It doesn't help her with 'higher' animals- dogs especially dislike her- but her people skills may be partially a result of very low-level telepathy or empathy. her 'little buddies' also can act as an early warning system for her, letting her know in advance about intruders in her space, or dangerous goings-on in the surrounding few blocks.

The shelter where she gets her meals and occasionally spends a night has been conspicuously rodent- and bug-free since she started visiting. And she's been experimenting lately, trying to see what other little tricks she can pull off.

Weapons & Skills : Stealth; situational awareness; minor sleight of hand; geographic memory, almost photographic, for familiar areas. She's also a reasonably good judge of people, a learned survival trait.

Personality : Unsurprisingly, she's skittish around groups of people. She definitely has a chip on her shoulder about 'rich folks', though the definition of rich tends to vary according more to how  people behave than how much money they actually have. Someone who comes on like a wannabe boss will get a very different reaction from someone with a little empathy. A bad one.

Geri is surprisingly intelligent- or perhaps 'sly' is a better term, always watching people and looking for an angle or a deal. While not usually confrontational (but snarky A.F.), she's territorial about 'her' space and the few people she considers friends. 'Finders Keepers' is her Prime Directive, and she at times has a broad definition of 'finding', stooping to petty theft once in a while to keep herself fed- but never from another street person.

Likes :Hamburgers with mayo; rain- so long as she doesn't have to sleep in it; Christmas lights.
Dislikes : Preachy people; folks with homes and money who are snotty about it; cops with no heart; addicts
Fears : Dogs- even the tiniest mutt becomes aggressive around her; thunder

History :
>has been on the street for as long as she can remember, though she has vague flashes of having been full-time in a shelter or some sort of house when she was small.
>twice she's used her powers to seriously injure people who tried to hurt her; she's been experimenting lately with using her 'little buddies' in more creative ways. Like opening locks...
>at the same time, she's dimed a few serious bad guys to the cops, figuring everyone's better off with them off the street.

Sexuality :Undetermined- she's totally inexperienced.

On's and Offs : here

Theme Song(s) : IAMX- Nightlife; Nonpoint- The Truth; Disturbed- Sound of Silence; Bones UK- Beautiful is Boring.

Foxy DeVille

Guess I might as well toss up my larcenous litile lass...

Goldilocks
Name : Tyler Sloan
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Goldilocks
DOB | Age : May 31st, 2003 (Age 24)
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Cis-female, feminine pronouns

Marital Status : Single and loving it
Family : John and Bonnie Sloan (parents, estranged)

Height | Build : 5’ 7'' with a slender build
Hair | Eyes : Platinum blonde hair (long, straight, and obviously not natural), hazel eyes that fluctuate between how brown or green they look
Distinguishing Features : Goldilocks clearly has had a lot of work done and seems incapable of dressing modestly.

Powered or Non-Powered : Powered
Classification : Natural
Power Set : Goldilocks has an instinctive ability to know which choice is "just right" for her. With just a glance she gets a strong gut feeling over which route to take, what code to press, how to find someone's weak spot, knowing exactly the right thing to say or picking a person to take home according to her wants and needs. This talent appears to be an almost unfathomable amount of good luck but what actually happens is Goldilocks extrapolates the best choice from numerous possibilities. Goldilocks’ talents require her to be able to observe and understand the situation. She is less capable when she doesn't fully comprehend what is happening. Superhuman beings and paranormal events are more difficult to predict than more mundane happenings. Her calculations can definitely be fallible. The more information and understanding she has, the better her predictions are. Physically Tyler remains a normal human being and even knowing the best possible scenario is still limited by what a mere mortal can do.

Weapons & Skills : Depending on the job, Goldilocks will carry a handgun for intimidation but she avoids lethal force, it's not her style. A can of mace has been pretty helpful in the past. She is in pretty good shape from her years as a dancer and took a couple self-defence courses so she can do all right in a scrap against normal people. Tyler is a self-taught coder and has picked up some less-than-legal computer tricks over the years.

Personality : A vain, shallow, self-absorbed hedonist with little regard for anything but her own pleasure and desire for thrills. Goldilocks is ruthless and driven, there is little that can make her give up on a target. She is willing to use all her resources to achieve her goals, including her considerable sexual charm. Tyler observes new things carefully, mainly to see if they can either be an advantage to her. Being Goldlocks gives her an adrenaline rush that she craves. Even with her abilities she sometimes ignores the best course of action for the most exciting one. This attitude is responsible for her party girl lifestyle and kinky personal life, one in which she might not choose the best partners to share it with. Her vanity makes her act more theatrical than she needs to be. This is another reason she commits crimes as Goldilocks when she could easily make money in safer ways, because she needs people to know it was her. Outwardly she can seem quite warm and friendly, it’s quite possible Goldilocks is a high-functioning sociopath.

Likes : Attention, luxury goods, feeling smarter than other people, partying, the rush of adrenaline, yoga, dancing, hiking, swimming, Atlanta sports teams, bulldogs, recreational drugs, 1970’s pop culture, and looking at houses.
Dislikes : Boredom, people calling her a bimbo, being overlooked, not getting her way, authority figures, overly personal questions, guys who think they're players, judgemental people, serious relationships, and cooking (because she’s terrible at it).
Fears : Bears. Also dreads the loss of her powers as so much of her self-worth is tied to how they make her feel superior to others.

History :Originally from a small rural town in Georgia, young Tyler Sloan was not the most obedient child to her conservative religious parents. As she grew older her activities evolved from pranks to burglary. She broke into places she didn't belong and messed with things that weren't hers. Her powers started manifesting when she was sixteen and her improving grades were eyed suspiciously by both her teachers and her own family as they figured she had to be cheating. As soon as she was eighteen Tyler decided she had enough of small town life and ran away to Atlanta. There she tried to become a singer but ended up stripping under the stage name "Goldilocks" after her favorite childhood story. She made decent money but not enough to support the lifestyle she wanted so Goldilocks supplemented her income with crime. Goldilocks became quite the successful thief and con artist, using her manipulative skills to make people believe she was the victim and not the villain. Eventually she felt a nagging feeling that she was about to get caught, so she made her way to where she could find allies.

Sexuality : Bi
On's and Offs : Goldilocks is an exhibitionist, an anal aficionado, and a size queen. Sex is the one area she is willing to give up control and she loves feeling how she’s driven a partner wild with lust. Her need for attention extends into her sex life and she enjoys having several partners of all genders. Goldilocks especially enjoys rough gang-bangs where all of her holes are filled. Don't try getting romantic with her, just shut up and do what you're there for. She has a fondness for being naked outside and sunbathes nude when she has the chance. Implants have made her breasts quite sensitive so giving them attention really turns her on. She loves performing fellatio, including blowbangs and bukkake. Her wildest kink is golden showers, both giving and receiving. Her dislikes are anything that won’t fade quickly or clean up easily.

Theme Song(s) : The Runaways - "Cherry Bomb"
Extras : Goldilocks has a charming southern accent and a not-so-charming drug habit. So far her talent has protected her from the worst dangers but she might not be as in control as she thinks.

Additional Images

Cold Heritage

Name : Chris Ryder
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Nil.
DOB | Age : October 29 | 21
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Male | Male | Male pronouns

Family : Joseph and Maria Ryder, parents, distant. Talk once a year at Christmas. Samantha 'Sammie' Ryder, older sister, distant. Haven't spoken in years.

Height | Build : 6'10" | Jacked
Hair | Eyes : Blue eyes, soft and short blond hair.
Distinguishing Features : Nil

Powered or Non-Powered : Powered.
Classification : Experimental.
Power Set : Chris has superhuman strength, endurance, and durability. With his superhuman strength he can run faster than a car and jump much higher than an Olympic class high jumper. He can lift a Mack truck overhead with some effort. His durability allows him to take a bullet to the face no problem, but it doesn't protect him from things like pepper spray or tear gas. If he were in a burning building the temperature or something falling on him wouldn't do him harm, but the smoke inhalation would as he still needs to breathe.
Weapons & Skills : Chris doesn't carry any weapons or know how to use them. He knows how to drive stick, and is a modestly skilled, self-taught guitar player and singer. Chris is also a pretty decent self-taught cook; he learned from the internet and trial and error.

Personality : Chris is a fairly sedate and laid-back kind of person. He's also fairly quiet and can easily spend hours not saying a word to anyone. Not really good at saying or asking for what he wants, Chris is the type to let an opportunity slide if he feels speaking up would be embarrassing or seem selfish (and in his mind that's at least nine times out of ten). There is a fairly deep need for external validation in Chris, and he fits the stereotypical notion of a male that is easily won over by the slightest praise or compliment. There is a nascent misanthropy burgeoning in his heart that can only come from working retail.

Likes : Large, gaudy belt buckles. Gothic rock. NDH. Prime rib, medium rare. Youtube cooking shows like Guga Foods and Chef John.
Dislikes : Doing dishes. Politics. Self-styled 'pick up artists.' Uncleanliness.
Fears : Chris fears rejection more than being alone.

History : After their daughter Samantha was born, Joseph and Maria decided to try for another child, but they couldn't conceive. They went, as medical tourists, to seek the services of a fertility doctor who practiced without a license in South America. Thanks to the efforts of that doctor, Maria became pregnant. What Joseph and Maria didn't know was that the embryo in her womb was not only not theirs, biologically, but it had been subjected to severe alterations. The doctor in question was never able to follow up with the Ryders and the other couples he'd helped as he was killed in shady and mysterious circumstances entirely unrelated to his unlicensed and unethical medical practices and entirely related to his cocaine habit.

Chris enjoyed a typical lower-middle class American upbringing. He did alright in sports and physical pursuits but never stood enough to gain the notice of sports recruiters. His grades were average and nothing of note. After he finished high school, Chris's parents sent him out into the world, promptly relocated to California, and spent their time planning or going on cruises. Chris, meanwhile, works at a Walmart supercenter for minimum wage supplemented by various social programs like food stamps.

Sexuality : Heterosexual.
On's and Offs : Chris has never had a sexual encounter or sexual partner. He doesn't know what he likes and doesn't like.

Theme Song(s) : Econoline Crush - Home
Extras : Chris is the lead singer and guitarist for a truly execrable Rammstein cover band that has branched out into covering other NDH groups. The bassist, Jerry, has written a few original songs but only Chris and Jerry bothered to learn them so they don't perform them as much. Chris got into this band because the drummer, Timmy, works at the same Walmart and because Chris has a van (that they can use to carry their equipment to gigs).

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Kokaine

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 20, 2021, 02:09:43 AM
OH what’s this Koka running a game?! Oh My! Color me interested, pending muse juice of course.

Heya Curvy! Let me know if you have any questions while trying to juice your muse :P

And that goes for anyone, feel free to ask whatever questions you have. I have a discord ready once I see a few more characters in the works!

My own sheet, still WIP

Name : Zephyra Vitalis
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Rookie/Rook - Most common | Zee/Z/Zeph
DOB | Age : August 7th | 24
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Female | Non-Binary | Any

Family :
          Mother - Lilliana Vitalis - Deceased
          Brother - Santiago Vitalis (Cross) - Deceased
          Brother - Constantine Vitalis - 12 - Alive
          Mentor/Uncle - Silas Cross - 55 - Alive

Height | Build : 5'9" | Slim but Athletic
Hair | Eyes : Naturally Brunette | Brown (change color when using powers)
Distinguishing Features : Freckles, Key tat on her wrist, Queen Chess Piece tat on the back of her neck, various scars - most notably two bullet wounds

Classification : Natural / Engineered (latent gene activation) - serum she was injected with was a bit too aggressive with her system. The gene was activated but also further altered.
Power Set :
Cyberpathy - can control, manipulate, and even generate electronic, digital, and radio transmissions without accessing any standard source of communication so that she is in essence a living wireless hub/computer. This allows her interface with computers and systems.
     - Weaknesses - when Interfaced, her body becomes a living shell. Basic functions are maintained, like breathing, and she is aware to some degree but she cannot dodge or fight. If interfaced too long, the more human parts of her psyche may be damaged or take a while to come back online. Is also potentially susceptible to "hacking" or viruses.
Cybernetic Mind - is able to process information faster than an average person and perform multiple complex mental tasks simultaneously. Also possesses an enhanced memory that allows her to transfer, store, or delete memories and information as she chooses.
     - Weaknesses - The more tasks taken on, the slower she gets at each task. She does have a limit where crashing is likely and she requires a sufficient power source. Aka, tired, hungry, or weakened means less processing power.
Mental Shields - has a very high resistance to purely psychic attacks.
Micro and Radio waves manipulation - can sense, intercept, absorb, interpret, alter, and emit micro and radio waves, particularly as they pertain to telephone, television, radio and data transmissions. Understanding of intercepted transmissions is a passive ability that is always on though affecting the energy or even generating it takes concentration and focus.
     - Weakness - potential sensory overload if exposed to too much stimuli/data/input. She can also get distracted or sort of lost in the waves.
Visible Light wave manipulation - can manipulate light waves to a small degree allowing her to mask herself in conditions with low visibility or even achieve full invisibility while standing still (requires concentration).
     - Weakness - cannot maintain proper concentration while interfaced or if doing to many tasks at once and she can still be detected through other means.
Infrared Vision - accessed by a change in concentration, Rook can't really do much with the waves themselves but she can perceive them.

Rook's powers are all at a lower degree of efficiency to start but will grow stronger as she progresses. However, her body, while highly efficient thanks to her enhanced brain function, is still mortal and limited by physics and her own strengths. Physically she is on par with athletes of a similar build with regular, intensive training.

Weapons & Skills : Competent street fighter/grappler. Competent with basic street level firearms + found weapons (does not usually carry). Quick and agile free runner. Ability to learn quickly from experiences. Gambling. Hacking/Programming/Hardware Proficiency. Skateboarding. Building Lego or K'Nex masterpieces w/o instructions.

Personality : Having a mind like a computer that lets you shut out the bad and focus on only what you want to is a dangerous thing. A corrupting and addictive thing. Once you realize you can deftly avoid dealing with the emotional baggage the world tries to saddle you with, after that first time you discover you can promptly distance yourself from the consequences of your actions... well, why wouldn't you?

The face Rook presents to the world is an illusion no matter which way you look at it. Any shining qualities she might possess are all tempered by an almost roguish, devil may care sort of charisma and swagger. And these days she allows nothing to stick to her, nothing to cling, or seemingly matter at all. Beneath the chill exterior, Rook is intensely observant and calculating. She's a survivor. She might compartmentalize all to hell and back but she's not forgotten or forgiven a thing. She won't let herself. Her motives are... clouded at best and she lives by her own code. She is fond of difficult puzzles and problems and possibly due to her ego where her intellect is concerned, she sometimes is overcome by a driving compulsion to solve things. She's also a little OCD.

Touch is a big thing for Rook. She doesn't let just anybody touch her and can even be rather particular about even the most innocent brushes. Yet, she craves it. Most especially after she's used her abilities.

Likes : Free Running. Anything on wheels. Speed. Working out. Chess. Puzzles. Legos. Converse. Reading. Anything that reminds her she is human.
Dislikes : Being reminded that she's human. Bullies. Liars. Deadbeats. Rich pricks who ignore their responsibilities. Guns. Drugs.
Fears : That she can only destroy things, never create. At least not anything good. ; Being alone in the dark.

History :
  • When Rook was born, her wealthy playboy father abdicated all responsibility and peaced out real quick. Damn near penniless with a kid already a baby on the way Rook's mother struggled mightily with addiction and her desire to be saved.

• Rook's mother overdosed when she was 11, leaving her and her two brothers alone. Her older brother (19) tried to take care of them but doing so pushed him into gang life and "easy" money just to keep a roof over their heads. He would eventually back off the criminal stuff but still maintained connections.

• At 13 Rook is placed in a gifted program and bussed to a fancier school. She gets bullied and then gets in trouble when she fights back. Around the same time she is noticed by Silas Cross, a brilliant man who made his living doing some of everything--very little of it legal. She started out just playing chess with him in the park... until her brother saw them and warned Cross away with the threat of violence.

• When she was 17, her older brother and some of his former associates were killed in a raid by the police. The reports claim he drew on the cops but there was evidence to show it was a setup. Plus, Rook knew he hadn't carried a gun for a while. Nothing happened despite her pointing to the proof and her brother became a statistic. Cross reappeared in her life.

• After graduating, Cross hired her to work for him as an... assistant of sorts. He paid enough for her and her brother to have an apartment, and for her to take classes at the local community college. He also pulled strings to get her brother into a better, safer school. She was wary, and not always sure of the "jobs" he gave her, but she was grateful to have her little brother safe so she did what she had to. He was also something of a father figure to her and had treated her better than anyone ever had before.

• Three years ago, Cross' properties were raided and most of his business' were taken down. Rook was injured in the sting. Cross himself disappeared but not before he visited Rook and injected something into her iv. Though it had been touch and go at first, Rook made a full recovery. In fact, she came out of it better than normal. And through some miracle only found herself on probation. Her little brother was taken from her and placed in a group home. She fought to get him back but just when it seemed like she might win, Rook was framed and convicted of violating her probation.

• Nine months later, Rook moved into a small apartment over one of the local liquor stores. She kept a low profile and appeared to be sticking to the terms of her parole but in reality she began dabbling in "odd jobs" that have her doing a whole host of shit she wouldn't want her little brother to know. She can't get him back without a fancy good lawyer but after having checked up on him she's not sure she should get him back as he looks happy and healthy with his new family.

Sexuality : Pansexual Switch (depends on partner)
    On's and Offs : Rook is turned on by Passion, Sensuality, Intensity, and Intimacy. Highly physical partners. Anything that gets her adrenaline pumping, including fighting. Sharing food (as in feeding each other, cooking for one another, eating from the same plate). The rest is negotiable and just depends on chemistry. Her offs are bathroom stuffs, gore, vore, fisting, and feet.

Theme Song(s) :
    No Church In The Wild - Jay-Z & Kanye West ft Frank Ocean, The-Dream
    GIANTS - True Damage (ft. Becky G, Keke Palmer, SOYEON, DUCKWRTH, Thutmose) | League of Legends
    Wretches And Kings - Linkin Park

Extras :
  • The first few months Rook was in her new place, it got robbed quite frequently. Now no one goes near it or the liquor store below.
  • Rook knows most of the neighborhood kids and they like to look for her cars.

My O/Os

Totoro

Already showed Koka but here's my first idea (Though I do have a backup in mind too.):

Name : Marcus Griffin
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Spitfire
DOB | Age : January 12th | 23
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Male | Male | He/Him

Family : Dad - Close but struggles with emotions.
Oldest brother - Distant, often confrontational.
Older brother - Close, supportive.

Height | Build : 6'3" | Muscular
Hair | Eyes : Blonde, Short | Blue
Distinguishing Features : Heavily tattooed, Burn scars on hands/arms, Several bruises and marks after broken bones

Classification : Alien (But unaware)
Power Set :

• Alien Physiology: Marcus is an alien. His kind is extremely close to humans but differ in one major way. Their hearts can produce extreme amounts of energy that enhance their bodies when they are put in stressful situations (Physically or emotionally). The stronger their emotions the stronger, tougher, and faster they get. Similarly, as they produce more energy they heat up significantly, to the point their skin can burn to touch. Marcus's kind develops gradually over their life and so he is not currently anywhere near his potential.
  • Enhanced Physicality: Marcus's physique enhances as his body is flooded with energy. At his peak, which takes time to reach, he can lift but not throw a car, withstand small arms fire with only bruises and outstrip any olympian. He can heal relatively swiftly from flesh wounds during these times.
  • Heat Generation: Marcus projects heat from his body, scaling with his emotional state. At peak, his touch can cause burns to the skin and he will heat up anyone or anything nearby significantly.
  • Weaknesses: Marcus has several weaknesses, these include:

• Ramp-Up: Marcus starts out as a normal person while calm. He takes time to reach his peak even in an intense situation.
    • Overheating: Marcus can overheat dangerously and exhaust himself or become dangerous to others. At his peak he will burn anyone who touches his bare skin and he cannot function long without collapsing.
    • Cold: Marcus is vulnerable to cold temperatures, they make it harder for his body to produce it's unique energy and it takes longer for him to reach his potential.
    • Fuel: Marcus requires a huge amount of calories to sustain himself, particularly if he uses his powers. He eats a great deal of food and cannot survive on a restrained diet.

Be clear. Powers can develop over time. There should be clear weaknesses/drawbacks/limits. If you can't think of how your character can be taken down, they're likely too powerful.[/i]
Weapons & Skills : Excellent Driver. Talented Mechanic. Knows how to throw a punch and fight dirty.

Personality : Marcus is the epitome of a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. He is an awful liar, a deeply loyal friend, and a man whose moods shift relatively easily. He doesn't like dishonesty or manipulation and he's not well-suited to playing politics with others. If pushed he can become angry relatively quickly but at the same time, he is always willing to step in for a friend if they need it. Marcus hates bullying, particularly if the target is weaker or more vulnerable. He has little real sense of self-preservation and will almost always be willing to risk harm or upset if he believes it's justified. At times Marcus can have an issue with aggression and, in truth, he is relatively poor at controlling his emotions. Marcus cares deeply for animals and will always prioritise keeping them safe. Despite his rough image he is a committed vegan and has not eaten animal products in more than ten years. Marcus also does not drink but he does use drugs on rare occassions.

Likes : Honesty | Loyalty | Boldness | Hard Rock | Hip-Hop (90's-early 2000's) | Muscle Cars | Bikes | The Smelll of Oil | Vegan Food
Dislikes : Cowards | Liars | Most Politicians | Power-Tripping | Egotists
Fears : Being Manipulated/Tricked | Drowning | Being Abandoned | Losing his temper and going too far |

History :
-> Marcus does not know anything about his life prior to arriving on earth. In truth, he is an alien, the first and only of his kind to land on earth. His kind's powers take an extremely long time to develop over their elongated life spans and are near-indistinguishable from humans in early life.
-> Marcus was found by his father, a single dad raising two sons. He took the infant in and adopted him. Marcus has always wondered why he he has blonde hair and blue eyes when his siblings and father have brown hair and brown eyes. Marcus has never been told he is adopted, or that he is an alien.
-> Despite being alien Marcus was raised with a great deal of love by his father, a sentimental but old-fashioned man.
-> Marcus's powers developed when he was a teen. He was told they must have been some kind of genetic mutation and that he needed to hide them.
-> Due to Marcus's temperamental nature he has found it very hard to restrain his powers and sometimes feels the room heat when he is angry or upset.
-> Marcus has generally avoided close relationships due to fears of his powers being outed.
-> Marcus works as a mechanic, a job he is excellent at, and does not regularly use his powers at all. He tells himself he wants to live a normal life but he's not sure this is really true, he just doesn't know what he really wants.

Sexuality : Pansexual
On's and Offs : Marcus is open to many things. He prefers sex to be intimate, rough, and instinctive. He has some masochistic tendencies.

Theme Song(s) : The Prodigy - Spitfire

TheVillain

Interesting idea. Going for Weird more than Powerful here. Also have an idea for a Non-Powered but let's see how this goes first.

Name: Renrut Semaj
Nickname(s) | Aliases: The Mirrorsmith
DOB | Age: 12/21 | 23.
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Male | Male | He/Him

Marital Status: Single
Family: James Turner - Originator. Renrut claims to be Turner's now independent Mirror Reflection.

Height | Build: 5'11" | Thin.
Hair | Eyes: Short Brown | Blue
Distinguishing Features: Old Burn Scars, suggesting an abusive upbringing and a Mad-Hatter of Alice-in-Wonderland themed tattoo. Interestingly, they are Mirror-Reversed versions of the same scars and tattoo that are recorded on James Turner.

Classification : Other. Claims to be a Mirror Reflection that's achieved Independence by killing his Originator, a claimed origin so fantastical that the more commonly accepted theory is that he's something more like a Ghost or an empowered alternative personality of James Turner.
Power Set: Sympathetic Spatial Manipulation via Reflective Surfaces - The Mirrorsmith has the rather dramatic ability to step into the Images on Reflective Surfaces as if they were their own Physical Space.

• When inside an Reflected Image, the Mirrorsmith seems incapable of being directly attacked though he also can't attack on his own without first leaving the Image. He also can be attacked indirectly by attacking him with the mirror images of attacks.
  • By stepping "Off Screen" the Mirrorsmith can use Reflective Images to Transport between distances and maneuver around obsticles. This is not true teleportation, but the paths between two points can be significantly shorter in the "Mirror World" than in Physical Reality. Obsticles in the path that can be seen in reflective surfaces still have to be respected, for example the image of a closed door still has opened.
  • The Mirrorsmith can only enter or exit out of reflective surfaces clear enough to make a good quality image, if there is no reflective surface at his intended destination he can't exit there. If there is a reflective surface at his intended destination but its too small for his body to go through he can witness events at his destination but can't exit back into the physical world.
  • Light does have to be striking the reflective surface for him to be able to use it. Covering the mirror with a thick blanket will make it useless for him for example.
  • Future development: The ability to take other beings safely along the mirror paths. Right now when he attempts to transport someone else they tend to not going out of it very well, with often lethal results.
  • Future development: The ability to transport things from the other universe into the prime one, with otherworldly properties intact.
Weapons & Skills: Renrut does seem to have a talent for Knives, something he's picked up from his Originator.

Personality: Like he stepped out of a children's story book. One of the weirder Lewis Carrol ones, old- with swords and sing-song-y logic and dragons and all that insanity. He claims he's not Insane in the truest sense of the world, his mind works perfectly fine from where he's from. He's just from a parallel universe with different laws of biology and physics, the only hard rule seeming to be that where the Physical World and the Mirror World align it has to look identical.

This is, needless to say, absolutely insane. There's a strong competing theory that the already psychopathic James Turner's past is so traumatizing that the event that gave him his powers also created the relatively good alternate personality of Renrut Semaj. Fortunately, this means only the alternate personality can access the powers.

Likes : Reading | Wonder | Exploration | Tea | Art | Mirrors
Dislikes : James Turner | Violence | Authorities | Parental Figures | Dirt
Fears : James Turner, and the theory that Renrut is an alternate personality of a notorious serial killer and not an independent reflection.

History: There's two stories here, depending on who you ask. They both agree with how they start, there once was a very wicked man named James Turner. James Turner did have an extremely traumatic childhood though how exactly seems to vary based on when and who you asked. Suffice to say he had the kind of upbringing where when you hear that James Turner would eventually become a psychopathic serial killer that enjoyed targetting young blonde girls, well - nothing can excuse what he did but it's not exactly a surprise. James Turner wasn't caught from good detective work or a lucky break, James Turner ended up turning himself in - claiming that his own Mirror Reflection was gaining independence and threatening to kill him. Later, James Turner disappeared from his cell one dark and stormy night.

Now this is where the story diverges. In one version, James Turner's Mirror Reflection achieved true Independence from his originator, took the name Renrut Semaj, killed James Turner, then used the Mirrors in the Prison to escape into the rest of the world to enjoy life free of his horrific and traumatizing Originator. A world he's determined to "improve" via selected demolition of a few dimensional boundaries. The other story is that James Turner's psyche eventually snapped in two and he's developed a *relatively* good 2nd Personality, a relatively harmless thief seemingly bent on making "Wonder-Logic Machines" to bring down the barriers between the Physical World and "Wonderland".

Which you believe, well - that reflects more on you then Renrut.

Sexuality: Surprisingly Vanilla.
On's and Offs : Romance, Hand-Holding.

Theme Song(s) : Maniac as covered by Carpenter Brut
Extras : (Renrut is an Independent Lifeform that just happens to have the unfortunate luck of being a perfect mirror reflection of a notorius serial killer. In Universe though the split personality is more believable.)

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kokaine

Alright. I am gonna close this off to new interest after this post and give the people already here some time to ponder characters or decide if they want in or not. I did not anticipate this getting more than a few nibbles so I am pleased but I do still intend for this to remain a relatively small group.

My O/Os

virtualblue

Name : Willa Velasco
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Wisp
DOB | Age : July 21st | 19
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns : Female | Female | She/Her

Family :

• Twin Brother : William ''Memo'' Velasco | Alive | Unlike his sister, he is shy and finds it hard to stand up to people | is able to teleport, but hides this from everyone, including Willa
  • Mother : Tessa Velasco, née Frost | Deceased | Drowned on Willa's thirteenth birthday when the ferry the family was riding in capsized
  • Father : Guillermo Velasco | Physician | Deceased | Drowned on Willa's thirteenth birthday when the ferry the family was riding in capsized
  • No uncles or aunts, and though their dad's mother, a Colombian national, is supposed to still be alive, neither twin has ever spoken to her
  • Their grandfather on their mother's side is a career criminal and in prison for armed robbery | Willa vaguely remembers him from when she was little

Height | Build : 5' 9'' | Slender
Hair | Eyes : Brown | Green
Distinguishing Features : Tattoo of a star and a crescent moon on her left shoulder blade

Classification : Accidental? - caused by an experimental in vitro fertilization treatment used on her mother
Power Set : Intangibility

• Can become intangible, or phase as she calls it, at will, but can't breathe until she stops phasing
  • Utterly silent while phasing and doesn't leave tracks, but also cannot be heard if she tries to speak
  • Phasing through an electrical system while will short it out
  • Phasing through an organic being disrupts its neural system, stunning it
  • Future Development : Phase into a person and possess them
  • Able to phase approximately 5 pounds in additional weight, but must maintain constant physical contact to maintain it in phase with her
  • Future Development : Is working to increase this limit as it severely impacts what she is able to effectively steal
  • Immune to mental attacks while phasing
  • Accelerated healing while phased
  • Future Development : Regeneration while phased
Weapons & Skills :

• Dirty fighting
  • Taught herself to shoot a pistol, but is no markswoman
  • Sprinting
  • Holding her breath
  • Pen and ink drawing
  • Pick pocketing
  • Deceptively smart - IQ in the genius range
  • Speaks and reads Spanish fluently

Personality : Fun loving; vivacious; materialistic; selfish; flirtatious; cruel when angry

Likes : Jewelry; expensive things; being pampered; foot massages; dancing; reading (but she doesn't advertise this)
Dislikes : Being ignored or made fun of; people talking over her; being poor
Fears : Has a marked fear of drowning and consequently doesn't know how to swim; mildly phobic of the number thirteen; intensely dislikes boats and large bodies of water

History :

• While on an outing for Willa and William's thirteenth birthday, both parents died when the ferry boat the family was riding inside capsized. Willa and William were the only survivors of the disaster, though she doesn't remember how the two of them got to shore.
  • Began manifesting her powers around the age of thirteen.
  • Along with her brother William, she was raised in a group home from the age of thirteen. Neither Willa nor her brother was ever adopted.
  • Joined her high school track team and regularly medaled in sprinting.
  • Was a marginal-at-best high school student and barely graduated, though her IQ tested in excess of 160.
  • As a juvenile was arrested several times for shoplifting and pickpocketing, but her record has been sealed. The only person who knows of her powers is her twin. As far as she knows, he hasn't manifested any powers of his own.
  • Lives in a rundown efficiency apartment with her brother.
  • Her relationship with her twin is unsettlingly close, and she tends to be domineering towards him.
  • Doesn't hold a job but survives on increasingly brazen burglaries and thefts.

Sexuality : Dominant Bisexual
On's and Offs : WIP

Theme Song(s) : The Cheap and Evil Girl | She's Not There | Baby Outlaw
Extras :

Connections : TBD

Wyatt

Looks like an excellent response and group, at the moment I’m not getting a character coming together for my muse, so consider me a no go for any CS.  Thanks and have fun!!
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Kokaine

No worries. Thanks for your consideration and best of luck in your current and future games ^^

My O/Os

virtualblue

Some possible points of connection (besides the local area) that I noticed for Willa / Wisp and other characters are:

• Rook: Her younger brother is/was in a group home and Willa and her twin brother also spent ~5 years in a group home.
  • Chris Ryder: Willa's powers come from an experimental in vitro program and Ryder's powers from an experimental fertility program. Willa's family also has a South American connection and Ryder's fertility program was somewhere in South America.
  • Mirrorsmith: Turner was in prison and Willa's grandfather is in prison.
  • William ''Billy'' Velasco: Willa's twin brother was left deliberately ambiguous so he might be in contact with one of the characters--i.e. he might work at the shelter Backstreet frequents.

I'd be happy to modify some of Willa's backstory to help solidify connections if anyone thinks they'd be helpful. For example, Willa's imprisoned grandfather could be a murderer to give a stronger connection to Turner as, maybe, a cellmate.

CurvyKitten

Name : Davina Sinclary
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Sin
DOB | Age : 9/19 | 23
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Female | female | She/her

Family : Her father who she doesn’t know is a villain of sorts already. Deacon the man that raised her and all his merry band of misfits.

Height | Build : 5’8 | lithe hourglass
Hair | Eyes : Black falls in thick waves down to the small of her back | Dark brown with flakes of gold in it
Distinguishing Features : Nose piercings (see image), 

Classification : Natural
Power Set :
Shadow Magic-

Sin has the ability to manipulate shadows, changing their shape, creating illusions and is starting to gain the ability to create solid constructs out of them. The constructs are simple at this point but she is always practicing and trying to expand on her abilities.

She also has the ability to become one with the shadows around her, fading from view and becoming the darkness itself. This allows her to travel through the shadows as well. And see in complete darkness.

Weakness- The more light there is the harder it is for her to work her gift. This gift almost makes her more sensitive to natural sunlight. Burning farm more easily than anyone else normally would. Unnatural light in large enough doses can cause migraines and weakness.

Weapons & Skills : The shadows are her weapons, limited to simple weapons at the moment. But still as long as there is darkness she as something to work with. Brawler and street fighter, Thief/B and E expert, escape artist, artist, gymnastics, stealth,

Personality : Sin is like the shadows, mysterious, and with a dark sense of humor. She seems to keep parts of herself closed off and hidden away from people. So she never really talks about her past, just tidbits here and there. But she is not shy, forward, flirty, strong, and stubborn. She has a passion for music and is very intelligent though doesn't flaunt it. She seems to have a fiery spirit that struggles with the darkness within. It may seem like she is hiding something deep within her. Only her eyes seem to give away any hint to the caged passion hidden with her.

The mixture of darkness and light has found a delicate balance within herself. She tries to maintain that balance, but there are times when the darkness within almost seems to overshadow the light within her soul. A struggle she continues to have within herself, but for now, it is a struggle she is winning.

Likes : motorcycles, rock music, drawing, painting, beer, alcohol, pizza, Silver and jewel (shinies!), thunderstorms, nighttime, cloudy days, 
Dislikes : getting stuck in the sun to long, being caged, authority figures, pretentious people, 
Fears : losing her abilities and being truly vulnerable again, being captured and being some sort of experiment, letting someone in close,

History : Not much is known about Sin’s origins, she was simply dropped off at the church steps one evening. Like the horrible movie cliché, only there was no sad note or tearful goodbye. The true identity of her parents was unknown, but there was magic and darkness in her blood. So there she was, a small baby with bright blue eyes left on some steps and expected to learn how to survive all on her own. Being bounced from home to home she never stayed anywhere long enough to make any real life, friends, or home. Most of the adults would comment on her strange behaviors and say she was simply too much to handle. In truth, they were scared of the strange things that would happen around her. Shadows playing on walls, dark shadows haunting the halls, and her ability to just pop out of now were always served to make any adult unnerved by her.

At the age of 14, Devina got tired of being bounced around and ran away. She took to the streets and found that she had a whole new way of life available to her. She took to stealing and simply doing what was needed to survive. This is when and where she met Deacon an older homeless man that seemed to be king of the streets so to speak. He took her in and added her to his brood of misfits. The next few years were spent being a pain in the ass to the authorities, and making her way through the world however she pleased.

Years later Sin broke out on her own but still owes Deacon for giving her a home when she was all alone. Now living in an abandoned building she’s been pimping out for years. Squatters' rights for the win right? She does what she wants, goes where she wants, and plays with whomever she wants. What more could a girl ask for in life??

Sexuality : Bisexual.
On's and Offs : on’s off’s

Theme Song(s) : Just some flavor.
Extras :

Kokaine

Quote from: virtualblue on July 22, 2021, 03:53:43 PM
Some possible points of connection (besides the local area) that I noticed for Willa / Wisp and other characters are:

• Rook: Her younger brother is/was in a group home and Willa and her twin brother also spent ~5 years in a group home.
  • Chris Ryder: Willa's powers come from an experimental in vitro program and Ryder's powers from an experimental fertility program. Willa's family also has a South American connection and Ryder's fertility program was somewhere in South America.
  • Mirrorsmith: Turner was in prison and Willa's grandfather is in prison.
  • William ''Billy'' Velasco: Willa's twin brother was left deliberately ambiguous so he might be in contact with one of the characters--i.e. he might work at the shelter Backstreet frequents.

I'd be happy to modify some of Willa's backstory to help solidify connections if anyone thinks they'd be helpful. For example, Willa's imprisoned grandfather could be a murderer to give a stronger connection to Turner as, maybe, a cellmate.

Im down to alter history points as well.

With Rook, were you thinking a direct connection like they know each other/have said more than "sup" or just thinking they've seen each other?

My O/Os

virtualblue

Quote from: Kokaine on July 22, 2021, 08:23:41 PM
Im down to alter history points as well.

With Rook, were you thinking a direct connection like they know each other/have said more than "sup" or just thinking they've seen each other?

They were in a group home from age 13 to their 18th birthday so depending on how long Rook's brother was there they most likely know him. They probably weren't friends with someone that is ~6 years younger than her but maybe Willa protected him from some bullies at one point? She might have heard of Rook's rep and thought she might be someone good to have in her debt, so she decided to look out for the kid. Alternately, Billy (her brother) is shy and withdrawn, so he might have befriended a kid a lot younger than him, which would have inadvertently put him under Willa's protection. Anyway, the end result is Willa and Rook might be on friendly terms. Willa might have even looked her up once she was out of the group home.

Totoro

Opted to go with my alt. idea:

Name : Ryung Jin
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Tigershark
DOB | Age : November 12th | 22
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Male | Non-Binary | They/Them

Family : Ryung has lost most of their family and their closest bonds are to friends. Ryung needs more friends but they worry about hurting them.

Height | Build : 5'10" | Lean/Fit
Hair | Eyes : Black | Dark Brown
Distinguishing Features : Many tattoos including on their face and neck, pierced ears, nose and tongue.

Classification : Other - Cursed/Possessed
Power Set :

Possessed by Kamohoali’i: Ryung is possessed by the shark deity Kamohoali'i. This grants him the ability to commune with aquatic life, to manipulate water and to transform into a shark-like monster but it has also afflicted him with a second mind to contend with at all times. Kamohoali'i is a primal thing of raw, animal instincts.

• Hydrokinesis: Ryung can move water with gestures. He can only move a few gallons at a time but he can do so with surprising force. He cannot generate water.
  • Aquatic Telepathy: Ryung can telepathically commune with sealife, asking them questions or making requests. He cannot make them obey him.
  • Shark Form: Ryung can transform into a towering humanoid shark around nine feet tall and weighing hundreds of pounds. In this form, he is far faster, tougher and stronger but he also has to permanently focus to prevent Kamohoali'i from taking over entirely. He is prone to extreme aggression in this form. As a shark, he can breathe underwater, swim extremely fast and his claws and teeth can shear through steel.

Weapons & Skills : Physically Fit, Good Sprinter, Highly Agile, Free-Running,

Personality : Ryung's interactions with the world are extremely colored by the permanent presence of kamohoali'i. The shark deity is a primal, instinctive thing that can be extremely aggressive. Ryung doesn't want to hurt those around them and so they always try to make sure they have plenty of outlets for the other soul in their body. Due to the disturbing, graphic thoughts of the shark deity Ryung likes to create intense, often upsetting artwork as an outlet. Ryung also has a drink and drug habit that he feels tempers the shark. In general, Ryung can often be crude and flirtatious.

Kamohoali'i is ancient and extremely proud. He looks down on humanity as pests or food, often urging Ryung towards the baser instincts. He encourages over-eating, indulgence, and sex and will regularly berate Ryung if Ryung shows restraint or self-control. Kamohoali is violent and lustful but he is also honorable and honest with an exceptional sense of loyalty.

Likes : Drinking, Drugs, Painting, Sculpting, Loud Music (Rap/Rock), Rare Meat,
Dislikes : Salads, Overcooked Meat, Quiet Reflection, Killjoys, Bigots, Judgemental People, Prudes
Fears : Snapping and letting Kamohoali'i kill and eat a person.

History :

-> Ryung grew up the son of a first-generation Korean immigrant who left her home nation to flee Ryung's abusive father, who he never met.
-> Ryung had a relatively ordinary early life doing well in school but not exceeding his peers notably. He was happy.
-> On a holiday to Hawaii in his early teens Ryung was diving when a sudden current dragged him into an underwater cavern. While scrambling to get his bearings he picked up an ancient carved necklace inlaid with symbols. It crumbled in his hands and he first heard the growling, guttural voice of Kamohoali'i in his head.
-> On returning home Ryung continued to hear this voice urging him toward violence. He took up artistry and created impressive but disturbing artwork as an outlet.
-> Eventually Ryung first transformed while swimming alone. The experience disturbed him further and he started using drugs and drink to quiet the voice of the shark.
-> As a young adult Ryung came out as non-binary. The acceptance of their nature seemed to help their control a little.
-> Ryung now works as an artist but has been known to occasionally deal drugs including weed and hallucinogenics. Ryung is very worried about the ever-present risk that kamohoali'i presents to anyone they get close to.

Sexuality : Pansexual
On's and Offs : Ryung is a firm switch with a sadomasochistic streak who can be very kinky. They prefer casual sex, though. Ryung has never yet had sex in their shark form.

Theme Song(s) :

Ryung:
Chief Keef - Love Sosa

Kamohoali'i:
DMX - Bring Your Whole Crew

Kokaine

Quote from: virtualblue on July 22, 2021, 10:10:46 PM
They were in a group home from age 13 to their 18th birthday so depending on how long Rook's brother was there they most likely know him. They probably weren't friends with someone that is ~6 years younger than her but maybe Willa protected him from some bullies at one point? She might have heard of Rook's rep and thought she might be someone good to have in her debt, so she decided to look out for the kid. Alternately, Billy (her brother) is shy and withdrawn, so he might have befriended a kid a lot younger than him, which would have inadvertently put him under Willa's protection. Anyway, the end result is Willa and Rook might be on friendly terms. Willa might have even looked her up once she was out of the group home.

Rook's brother is pretty much a bright glowing weak spot for her, so, yeah, if Willa or her twin looked out for her bro when Rook couldn't she'd feel she owed them. Not sure she'd be too pleased owing Willa anything (which is just cuz Rook doesn't like having debts) but it could definitely have been a catalyst for them getting to know each other enough to be on decent terms. Rook's unofficial occupation hovers somewhere between hacker and fixer so she is (or was) a handy person to know.

My O/Os

Sketch

A shame I missed this but I'll be watching to see if recruitment does open or expands.

virtualblue

Name : Schuyler Lieserl Wylde-Dahl
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Sky | Suicide Doll / Wylde Child
DOB | Age : 07/25 | 19
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Female | Genderfluid | Xe / Xyr or She / Her or He / Him

Family :

• Schuyler Annike ''Oma'' Dahl (grandmother), matriarch of the Dahl family and majority shareholder of Dahl Medische Groep Internationale (DMGI)
  • Maarten Dahl (father), CEO of DMGI, lives in The Hague but travels frequently
  • Lieserl Wylde (mother), fashion model, actress, lives in NYC and London
  • Luuk Dahl (uncle), physician and researcher, lives in NYC
  • Annike Lieserl Wylde-Dahl (sister), twin sister
Height | Build : 5'6'' | Slender
Hair | Eyes : Black naturally, but often dyed | Green
Distinguishing Features : None

Classification : Experimental - altered in a lab (a cocktail of various experimental fertility drugs administered to xyr mother)

Power Set :

• Genius IQ
  • Peak physical condition
  • Hyper healing factor
  • Unaging
Weapons & Skills :

• Parkour
  • Wing Chun; Yin Shou Gun; MMA
  • Has been known to carry a weapon on xyr person
  • Speaks Cantonese, Dutch, English, French, and German

Personality : vivacious; daredevil; impulsive; bores easily; materialistic; snarky; fidgety

Undisciplined and impulsive, Schuyler always needs to be doing, moving, physically, or verbally engaging. A smart, lightning-quick thinker, xe craves constant stimulation but masters most challenges quickly, leading to boredom. And as Schuyler's sister, Annike, told Page Six, after Schuyler set fire to Forman School's library, "Not her fault. They let her get bored, and a bored Schuyler is a dangerous Schuyler."

The bond between the two sisters is unnaturally (unhealthily their parents would say) close, and Annike is the only person who can seem to calm Schuyler's overactive brain. Plagued with night terrors since dying, Schuyler truculently avoids sleep, which can make her even more manic and prone to impulsivity. Annike helps here too, shielding and comforting Schuyler from xyr terrors when they lie in bed together, limbs tangled and sharing one another's breath.

Normally sexually aggressive and assertive, Schuyler is worshipfully fond of Annike, the scandal of which led their parents to try and keep the two separated through large parts of their childhood—often to disastrous effect.

Likes : danger; speed; skiing; sailing; parachuting; fighting; target shooting; sweets; Annike
Dislikes : monotony; waiting; boredom; being ordered around; being confined; being alone; shellfish
Fears : being trapped and dying over and over; sleeping (plagued by nightmares); Losing Annike

History :

• At fourteen was expelled from the Quad Preparatory School for shooting a teacher
  • At sixteen was expelled from the Forman School for vandalism and arson
  • At seventeen was expelled from Shortridge Academy for crashing a stolen car, xyr passenger and best friend, Blake Jaeckel was killed in the crash but Schuyler was miraculously uninjured
  • NYC gossip rags have given Schuyler the nickname Wylde Child for xyr drug-fueled antics
  • Has been in rehab multiple times
  • Has been arrested for possession, reckless endangerment, and assault—all charges have been dropped due to xyr family's intervention
  • On xyr eighteenth birthday fell while free climbing a high rise to take a selfie—died on impact, but xe got better
Sexuality : Dominant Pansexual
On's and Offs : The Dahl House

Theme Song(s) : Kick Me | People I Don't Like | Black Sheep | Bang Bang Bang Bang | I'm Not Like Everybody Else | Bad Girls | Living Dead Girl

Extras :

Connections : Annike Wylde-Dahl, her sister.

Nowherewoman

withdrawn
Name : Annike Wylde-Dahl
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Satin; Angel Eyes; Missy Medusa
DOB | Age : 19
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Female; she

Marital Status : constantly dating someone, but never for long. And she seems uncomfortably close to her sister...
Family :
-Schuyler Dahl (grandmother)
-Maarten Dahl (father)
-Lieserl Wylde (mother)
-Luuk Dahl (uncle)
-Schuyler Lieserl Wylde-Dahl, fraternal twin sister,

Height | Build : 5'6”, slim build
Hair | Eyes : Usually long and assym, streaked or full pink; blue-gray, though she often wears tinted contacts to turn them violet. Or pink.
Distinguishing Features : ornate line-art heart tramp stamp.

Powered or Non-Powered : powered
Classification : Experimental – in vitro chemical modification.
Power Set :
-her main power is the ability to temporarily mesmerize/dominate any one person if she meets their eyes. She can't change their basic nature- a pacifist can't be made to go on a  shooting spree, for example- but they will do many non-characteristic things to please her, and will defend her as if she were a beloved family member.

Within a reasonable distance- say a mile or so- Annike can also leech her puppet's senses, participating in what they see or hear.

It isn't full-on mind control, more like putting the victim in a highly suggestive hypnotic state. The effects last for 48 hours or until she binds another, and the affected person will not have any memory of what they've done, only a dream of meeting the most beautiful boy/girl they've ever seen.

Satin often wears very dark sunglasses to avoid accidentally triggering her power.

-Rapid healing, though not as fast as her sister's.

-extreme flexibility, professional contortionist level. Without full-body restraints, superpowers, or exotic tech she's nearly impossible to hold unless she allows it.

Weapons & Skills :
-Wing Chun and stick fighting
-lockpicking
-speaks French, English, German, Dutch, and Russian
-helo and sailplane pilot

Personality :
As her nickname, Satin, might imply, Annike is very much the tonic to her twin's gin. Soft-spoken, self-controlled, and usually comparatively gentle, she has a dry, self-deprecating sense of humor and doesn't usually display 'Sky's' erratic temper. If anything, her presence keeps her sister's crazy leashed to an extent.

That's not to say she's a 'nice' girl. She's as materialistic as her twin, and uses her power to acquire 'gifts', as well as get her self (and Schuyler, over and over and over) out of trouble. And she has a temper- she just usually keeps it under control. When it breaks loose, though, she can be every bit as rabid as her sibling. Usually more playful than vicious, she can turn cruel in an instant, outdoing Sky in subtle meanness.

Annie also surrounds herself with sycophants and admirers, even when she's not actively puppeting anyone. She doesn't always have to be the center of attention (though it helps), but being alone makes her tense and more likely to lash out.

Likes : sunbathing; swimming; sailing; white wine; flirting and being flirted with; working out (MA and Yoga); trance dancing; clothes shopping; Schuyler.
Dislikes : Being interrupted; sexists; fast food; religious fanatics; overdone makeup on anyone.
Fears : aging; being poor; being alone

History :

Far less over the top than her twin, more attention has been paid to Annike's relationship to the fashion industry (through her mother), and her endless parade of boy/girl/otherfriends and public breakups. Like Schuyler, she's been in trouble with the law a few times, but it's hard to get people to testify against her, and physical evidence tends to get lost or corrupted if she gets a chance to speak with or even look at those in charge of it.

Even so, she's spent 16 months jail for petty larceny. Where she was treated like royalty, because of the favors she could tease out of the guards and other inmates for herself and those who chose the winning side.

Sexuality : Omni; usually mildly sub, but can be aggressively switchy at times.
Ons and Offs : here

Theme Song(s) : Kailee Morgue- Sirene; AWOLNATION- Run;Metallica- Sad but True;
IAMX- I Come With Knives.

Kokaine

We have room for one more to join if anyone is interested. You haven't missed anything yet!

My O/Os

Sketch

I'm certainly interested and will try to put a CS together to be reviewed for approval.

Sketch

Name : Reese Nahsiri
Nickname(s) | Aliases : Ink
DOB | Age : 12/22 | 19
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Fluid | Fluid | In the form that they appear, he/him - she / her or them / they.

Family :

Alice Nahsiri - Grandmother - Retired and living comfortably in a small condo, Reese has always been welcomed there and has a room that they stay in. A traditionally Catholic individual who had attempted to instill such values and belief in Reese.

Thomas Nahsiri - Estranged

Sarah Nahsiri - Dead - Died during Reese's birth.

Height | Build : 5'5" - 6'0 typically
Hair | Eyes : Matte black in most forms and black eyes
Distinguishing Features : Multiple tattoo's cover Ink's arms, back, chest, freely changing them depending on their mood.

Classification : Natural - From birth Reese has had these powers.
Power Set : Liquid Body / Manipulation

The liquid material which Ink consists of is neither water, nor actually Ink but instead some sort of malleable dark matter. Not possessing normal human physiology, Reese doesn't need to breathe or even eat food to survive but instead does need to intake liquids. It can be any sort of liquid that Ink is capable of absorbing into themselves, whether water, actual ink, blood. However, depending on the type of liquid will determine how quickly Reese can then process and manipulate it.

Shape Changing - Reese can change their appearance at will even to appear as inanimate objects to either hide or use their body as a weapon. Simple alterations can be done at will, changing height, mass or more complex transformations can take a bit more time depending on what is being done. Limited by the amount of liquid that has absorbed and if opting to take a smaller shape will be made weaker and needing to absorb fluids to return to a larger size.

Ink Duplicate - In the same way that Reese can shrink willingly, Reese is also able to limitedly split in two and control the false duplicate. This splits Reese's reserves right down the middle and is can be a bit disorienting to do. Once done, Reese can opt to merge once more with the duplicate to regain the resources that were lost.

Absorption - Can intake fluids to reinforce or strengthen the current form.

Reese is still terribly inexperienced when it comes to their powers, having learned this much about them but not even knowing why, how or where they even came from.

Weapons & Skills : Gymnastics, Parkour, Breaking and Entering, Cat Burglary, Mechanics, Judo (though more at a beginner level even though having done it since Middle School.)

Personality : Reese, or whatever name they might be going with at the time tries to decide on a daily basis the type of person that they are going to be. Even from an early age, Reese who managed hide their true appearance and appear like any normal human always felt a bit alien and different around them. In those days, Reese would try to be like whomever they were around at the time as if to blend and hide the awkward lack of understanding that they possessed. That attempt only ultimately left Reese feeling distant from their peers with no real connections beyond that of their grandmother. That separation grew into a lack of trust and resentment for all those around and sent them on a path of self discovery and one that was sick of just simply blending in.

In short - there is a bit of a split. The Reese you see and the Reese that is.

The Reese you see, will be as fluid as the situation calls for.

While the Reese that is; secret, untrusting, cautious with information and scared to lose sense of true self but loves the thrill of danger and impulsive when it comes to things that are of interest.

Likes : Learning about other people, "Bad" Weather, the dark / night time, all sorts of music - though prefers loud and something that can almost be felt and really anything that can help make Ink feel whether drugs or anything of the like. Motorcycles.
Dislikes : Nosy and judgmental people, authority figures - especially their father, showing their real appearance.
Fears : Deserts or extremely dry areas, being trapped or losing sense of self. Also extreme cold.

History :

Raised by their Grandmother, Reese spent many years home schooled as they grew of age and just learning to control and stabilize their own power.  Around Middle School, started attending public school and socializing but each day feeling more like an outcast despite seemingly having no issues making friends. Even starting to take gymnastics and Judo as after school activities.

High School years - Reese went full into the teenaged rebellion and with their abilities had a very easy time not getting caught doing it. Parties, concerts, drugs, tattoos and bad decisions were the ear mark of Reese's time from Freshman all the way up to Senior, that said to help maintain the cover Reese's grades didn't slip. Not that they were a particularly great student to start with and they still maintained their after school activities for gymnastics and Judo.

After School - Reese was aimless, listless and had no real goals. Science interested them only so far as that it might be able to provide answers as to why they were different, but had very little knack for it. Instead Reese opted to lean into what they were given. Adopting the moniker of Ink, they will do odd jobs for those willing to pay, or if no jobs are around they will scout and steal things to pawn or fence. Some of those funds go to their grandma, who might not have seemed to need them but felt repaying her for all her kindness was the least they could do.

Sexuality : Disaster Bi-Sexual
On's and Offs : On's - Switch | Depending (Very fluid) - Sex is weird for Ink, at least is able to feel pleasure and pain if has done a complete transformation. Enjoys dirty talk, rough or vanilla type of play.| Off's are mutilation, scat, vomit. Though there are probably more, if something comes up it can be discussed.

Theme Song(s) : Nothingface - I Am Him | Avenged Sevenfold - Victims | Collide - Wings of Steel
Extras : Owns a motorcycle - Suzuki Marauder

Other Reese:

keyotess

Hello Kokaine, I know I am entering late, so I am fine with my character being considered last.

Name : Jenessa Soft
Nickname(s) | Aliases : N/A
DOB | Age : 19
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Female | Female | she/her

Family : Immediate family, those closest to them, or notable figures.
Alisha Jones: martial arts teacher and substitute parent figure

Height | Build : 5'7"
Hair | Eyes : Long, straight, silky bronze hair | Brown
Distinguishing Features : While her skin is soft and smooth, it does not indent with pressure, unless a lot of force is exerted.  She has large breasts for her build and zero sag.

Classification : Unknown, one day she fell into a coma and when she woke up she had powers
Power Set : Invulnerability
Invulnerability: Her body is becoming impervious to injury, ignores heat, cold, and other environmental effects.  Her invulnerability is a 2 part package.  The first part is a change in her physical makeup.  The second part is a field she can put up for protection.  When her skin is actually cut, a very faint lattice work of energy can be seen suffusing her body, from just under her skin and inwards.  When she pushes her forcefield out, it is a golden lattice work of energy.

Low level Regeneration: Her body is constantly seeking to stay the same physically as the point at which she gained her powers.
Note: She is still able to learn new skills and gain new memories.

As a side effect she can exert herself to absolute maximum levels of muscle use, allowing her to lift, run, jump, and throw at Olympic athlete levels and does not suffer muscle burn.  She still suffers muscle fatigue.

At the beginning, she doesn't get hurt by random things like stubbing her toe, stepping on sharp objects, getting hit by untrained people.  Fire and Cold will also slowly have less and less an effect on her.  Her body will grow to stopping small arms fire and finally being able ignore up to handheld military grade weapons, basically up to anti-tank weapons.   Anything bigger than that will require her to activate her field.  At first she will be able to maintain the field for seconds at a time and only for herself, stopping small arms fire and muscle powered attacks.  But with practice, she will be able to cover other people and maintain it for hours at a time, the bigger the field the less time she can maintain the field, and will be able to stop bigger and bigger attacks.  Once she gets to her full power, you better have nukes on hand. 

Weaknesses:

Loss of Sensitivity: as she becomes more invulnerable, her awareness of temperature around her decreases.  Her sensitivity to touch gets strange: a light, feathery touch is perceptible to her or a heavy, rough contact, anything in between she will start missing.  She could walk across white hot coals and if she is blindfolded, she won't even know they are hot, although she will be able to tell she is on a lot of round small surfaces.

Fuel: The use of her powers takes up large amounts of calories at the beginning. Training will lower how much caloric energy she uses to create her fields. Overusing her forcefield will begin to reduce her natural levels of invulnerability. Pushing herself too much without having the necessary amount of caloric energy can cause her to blackout. If she keeps taxing her body in this way she will eventually die.

Unchanging: Her body no longer changes, she will not age, she can't gain more muscle mass with training. She doesn't scar and her hair stays the same length, immediately regrowing after it is cut or damaged.  Note: It still might be possible for her to die of old age.  AS time progresses this will become more of an issue, even after she comes of age for drinking, she will always be carded.  Strangers will always talk down to her like she is a teenager.

She still needs to be able to breathe, although she will recover from drugs faster than normal. 

She can be overpowered and restrained by normal means.

Weapons & Skills :
Photography: she can use a camera, develop film, use computer editing tools at a professional level
History: she has read a lot of history and has a good memory
Martial Arts: Basic Self defense classes as of now.  Note: As time passes she will train seriously in martial arts.

Personality :
Jenessa was a generally nice person who tries to be nice and help others.  After the death of her parents, she has gotten a little cynical and less open with people, she spends more time looking for where the next bad thing is going to come from than she used to.

She lives by three things now:
Responsibility: She takes responsibility for her actions.  Owning up to your mistakes and correcting them was the way to gain people's respect.  It doesn't matter how other people act, what matters is how she acts and what she does.  Just because other people are asses, doesn't mean she has to be one.  When people respected you, they were more likely to work with you instead of against you.

World is not Fair: Always be on the lookout, the world is not fair, bad things happen to good people.  Things can go wrong at a moments notice, everyone should look out for each other.  You can do everything right, but that doesn't guarantee that the world will be fair or just.  And it doesn't even have anything to do with people being self-absorbed or self-centered, it could be just random bad luck that smacks you in the face.

Flaws:
Distrustful of Men: As she grew up, she learned that she had to be careful around men, they mostly only had one goal, and that was to get her into bed.  They would appear to do her favors and then expect her to sleep with them.  Several times when she found herself alone with a man, he would try to physical force himself on her and she had to run.

Having to be Pretty: She is concerned with looking pretty at all times.  Jenessa has been conditioned by society to believe that her worth is based on how pretty she is, every other ability/trait she possess comes second to that.  She will spend hours picking the right outfit.  She tries to avoid activities that mess up how she looks and while she doesn't use much makeup, it has to be right.

Fighting off Aloneness: since the death of her parents, she has been feeling disconnected, has no place in the world. Family gives purpose/ place in life.

Recklessness:  As she becomes more invulnerable, she will become more reckless and willing to do life threatening stuff.

Repressed Anger:  She has been told "no" so much while she was growing up, that she has anger at the world.  She has repressed that anger and it can flare up at odd times, especially when things aren't going her way, especially now that she is becoming more invulnerable.

Likes : Assertive women, pizza, chocolate, reading, history, photography, all pets.
Dislikes : entitled behavior, arrogance, objectification, discrimination, being under influence of mind altering substances
Fears : Being alone

History :
Jenessa Soft moved into <New City>l at the start of her senior year of high school.  She had lived a normal life, had two great parents who loved her and did their best for her.  Grade School, Middle School, High School she did well, wasn't the top of the class, but a very solid B average.  She didn't participate in sports, because she had a Iron Deficiency and she bruised really easily.  In High School instead of participating in sports,  she joined the photography club and took pictures for the school newspaper and yearbook.  When she came out to her parents, there was some friction, but they still loved her and accepted her in the end after many discussions.  Everything was on track in Jenessa's life, she had been accepted to the local college already, although she was still deciding on what to major in.

The month before graduation, things got a little weird around the house, but her parents refused to explain what was going on, telling her to focus on school and that they had it handled.  Graduation came, and her parents never made it to see her receive her diploma, they had been in a car accident and died.  The police report said that her father had been driving drunk when he crashed into a electrical pole.  Jenessa found this hard to believe because her parents rarely drank and never when they were driving.  What also added to her uneasy, her house had been broken into and searched, but nothing was apparently missing. Jenessa was an only child and her parents were only children that were estranged from their parents. Jenessa inherited everything.   Her accountant father had also recently taken out a large life insurance, which Jenessa inherited, so she was set as long as she was smart with her money.

One day, she needed to get out of her house, it was too big for just one person and it kept reminding her of her parents and all the questions around their deaths.  She went on a long walk around town and ended up close to a strip filled with bars, she was accosted by two drunk college boys.  They decided they wanted some fun and accoasted Jenessa, she was outnumbered and surrounded.  One had just wrapped her up in his arms as she was kicking and scratching wildly at the one in front of her when when back up came, a dark skinned older woman who kicked the crap out of the wannabe rapists.  Alisha, the woman who had saved her taught a self defense course and Jenessa joined up.  Since then Alisha has become a parent figure for Jenessa, a substitute for her lost parents. 

Sexuality : :Lesbian
On's and Offs :
Ons: energetic sex, rough sex, dirty talk, hair pulling, Big Strapons, being pinned, being stripped, light bondage
Offs: No bathroom stuff, no vore, no gore unless in a fight scene and only with my permission, Edging/orgasm denial, torture scenes, toilet scenes, major bondage, slavery, heavy angst or drama scenes, and heavy mind control where my character isn't able to act.

Theme Song(s) : One Woman Army

By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Kokaine

I had two drop so ya'll should be good. I will read over your sheets more carefully in the am and send you both a pm.

My O/Os

Juggtacular

Kokaine

Heya Juggs.

I may be down 1 other person, not sure yet, so there may be a spot. I'm trying to keep the number even if I can.

My O/Os

Juggtacular

Kokaine

Go ahead and submit a character if you've got one in mind. I got confirmation of the other dropping.

My O/Os

Juggtacular

Okay. I'll read over everyone's characters and get started later on today.

Juggtacular

Juggtacular

Name : Kaine Jefferson
Nickname(s) | Aliases : KJ, Lando, Esper, Psyko, Mr. Magician(for Kid's shows)
DOB | Age : 10-15 | 22
Sex | Gender Identity | Pronouns: Male | He/Him

Family :
Benjamin Jefferson - Father - 45
Taya Reed Jefferson - Mother - 42
Laurence Jefferson - Younger Brother(Twins) - 16
Lana Jefferson - Younger Sister(Twins) - 16
Extended Family(Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Etc...)

Height | Build : 6'4 | Ripped
Hair | Eyes : His hair is black and usually either loosely dreaded or kept in a nappy afro - Hazel eyes
Distinguishing Features : He has a ton of tattoos he got from 16 up. He's also got a tongue piercing.

Classification : Alien - The "artifact" he found mutated his DNA to something beyond human.
Power Set : Psionics

Telekinesis - Kaine has the ability to use psionic energy generated by his brain to manipulate the environment and people around him without physically touching them; AKA he has telekinesis. Using this power, Kaine can grab objects and pull them to himself or turn them into projectiles. He can freely manipulate how they move through space. He can lift and throw a vehicle like a car or truck, but anything bigger and he would receive backlash similar to a migraine as well as a nasty nosebleed. The largest amount of objects he can manipulate at once at the moment is about 10, but maintaining that amount of focus for long is difficult. The more he moves at once, the lighter the objects have to be for him to keep full control.

Telepathy - Kaine's brainwaves are so powerful, he can projects his thoughts into another person's mind, and hear theirs as well, allowing telepathic communication between him and a chosen target. Sometimes he can hear surface thoughts if he doesn't actively not try. When putting in actual effort, he can read deeper thoughts and memories, although he's not great at it yet and can cause headaches or unconsciousness in the person he's reading if he's not careful. As of now he's more of a hammer than a scalpel. He can't control minds, but he can cause mental "static" in people's heads that makes it hard to remember his presence. Although he's rough around the edges, he is immune to any telepathic intrusions from a psionic weaker than him.

Force Fields - By surrounding himself with psionic energy and pulling it close to himself, he can create an invisible forcefield that protects him from harm and repels projectiles and energy away from him. As of now, his forcefield is bulletproof, and he can walk off being run over or a fall from a great height. Constant damage will wear at the field though and eventually it will crack and shatter, sending feedback into his skull while simultaneously leaving him without protection. He can cover other people, but the bigger the field, the weaker it is overall and more than a few will make it worthless as of now. He can create a wall or barrier that offers greater protection, but at the cost of decreased area of protection(i.e. barrier instead of sphere leaving parts vulnerable and exposed)

Force Blasts(Future) - With focus, he will be able to gather energy and expel it outward like an invisible concentrated blast. Think Force Push from Star Wars. He can channel this energy through his arms, and uses his fingers like a gun for low power, and throws his arm or both arms out for higher power.

Jumping/Flight - Having TK means Kaine can manipulate anything around him, including himself. By flinging himself through the air, he can jump fair heights and distances. He can technically fly by continuously controlling himself in the air, but ironically has almost no control over his fine motor skills at the moment and it's more dangerous to try and constantly manipulate himself in the air than just jump. Last time he tried, he crashed into a building.

Weaknesses/Flaws - Kaine's powers aren't always "on"(although ironically sometimes he can't turn his telepathy off). He has to mentally or reflexively activate them, so it's fully possible to catch him off guard or surprise him while he's not using them.  As tough as his barriers and force field are, Kaine himself is just a squishy human underneath.  Bullets and knives pierce his skin just as easily as a normal person, his bones are just as easily broken, and he is also vulnerable to things like temperature, poisons, gases, etc if he's not protected by the field before he's exposed to whatever it is. As a young and inexperienced psychic, he is vulnerable to mental intrusions by anyone with stronger powers or more experience and skill than him. There's a chance he could fight them off, but there's a better chance he'd lose that fight.

Weapons & Skills :

Fighter - Kaine has been trained in Martial Arts since he was young, with a focus on Muay Thai, BJJ, and Boxing.
Melee Weapons - Kaine has been in enough street fights that he knows how to use pretty much anything lying around as a makeshift weapon.
Trained Marksman - Although he rarely uses guns, Kaine is highly proficient with them thanks to his SEAL father training him in gun usage and safety from a young age.
Charismatic - He's a smooth operator, has a killer smile and a way with words. He had to learn to hustle and how to wheel and deal and get business in the streets.
Magic - Magic was always an escape for Kaine when he was young, and he actually got really good at it as he got older. Now it helps to pay his bills.
Mechanical Marvel - If his life had gone right, Kaine would've probably ended up as a Master Mechanic, as he can basically repair anything.
Chef - As a child who spent a lot of his time alone, he learned to cook for himself early on.

Personality : Kaine acts like he looks if that makes sense. He's pretty chill and laidback, but he's also quick with a smile. His dry and sarcastic sense of humor kept more than a few spirits up in his friend circles despite everyone feeling like shit most of the time. Even though he is quite casual and lackadaisical in his attitude, he was still raised by a soldier turned government agent, so when the situation calls for it, he can switch up quick and become the most respectable, well-mannered, disciplined man you've ever seen.

Life on the streets and changed his outlook on life and death. He's seen so much death and other fucked up shit he feels twisted up inside. The way he sees them now is skewed and he often makes dark, nihilistic jokes as a coping mechanism. His PTSD and Survivor's Guilt also plague him and negatively effect not only his outlook, but his behavior when he's having a really bad episode or a shitty day. He looks out for himself, but will put himself on the line for others.

Strangers, it depends on the scenario, but if you've got his trust, he'll go through hell or high water to have your back. He suffers deeply from his families treatment of him his entire life after realizing his parents never really loved him, and none of the other adults in his life seemed to notice or care, while the twins got it all. He suffers not only from abandonment issues, inadequacy and self-confidence problems, but both resents his family and longs for their affections.  been in therapy since he was eighteen.

Likes : Any type of vehicle, puzzles, deep dish pizza, cooking, video games, reading, music
Dislikes : Bugs, Bigots, Military Brass, The Police, Three Letter Agencies(CIA, DEA, FBI, etc...), Assholes, His entire family.
Fears : Dying alone, Failing to save another life, Never seeing his family again

History : Kaine was born the first son of Benjamin and Taya Jefferson. He was a Navy SEAL turned CIA Agent, and she was a Physician. They met during a routine evaluation, and after several sessions where they realized they were developing feelings, she referred him to a colleague to maintain professionalism, but not before giving him her number because she liked him a lot. They dated for a year before getting married, and had Kaine a few years after after a hard partying weekend(he was an accident). Benjamin was a traditional man who wanted his son to follow in his footsteps. He enrolled him in martial arts, taught him everything there is to know about guns, and crammed an auto shop's worth of knowledge into his head about cars; the whole nine yards.

His mom was there, but distant as she focused a lot on her career and usually deferred to his dad. And once the twins were born, any attention she had left was given to them while his taskmaster father got to be a doting daddy again. As he got older, Kaine gravitated toward the fighting aspect because hitting people was cathartic and the cheers from the fans and other parents replaced the love he was no longer getting from his family. He started to win trophies in his martial arts competitions and began to generate a buzz. As he did better and better, he got pushed harder and harder. A close friend showed him a magic trick one day to cheer him up, and Kaine got hooked.

Magic quickly became his escape from the world and his father, and whenever he had free time he'd practice, because if his dad wasn't on his ass to train or help him fix something around the house, or his mom wasn't saddling him with errands or chores or making him cook, both parents were ignoring him to spoil the twins. He won three Silver Gloves boxing tournaments when he was 12, 13, and 15(he took a year off when they had to move because of his dad's job).

After he won a Golden Gloves trophy when he turned 16, his dad decided he was good enough to go pro. Kaine just gritted his teeth and tried to make his father proud of him, tried to make him finally show he loved him. He won his debut fight with a brutal knockout in the first round. This continued for the year with him claiming an impressive 10-0 record, but all the extra stress and training put him in the hospital from exhaustion and several other symptoms that spawned from neglect. His mother, a fucking doctor didn't even visit him while he was sick. When he was finally discharged and the first thing he dad said was the doctors told them he could start training in just two weeks, the realization finally smashed Kaine over the head like a bag of bricks. His parents didn't love him at all. His dad only wanted famous boxer to carry on his name and show the world he meant something, and his mom just didn't give a shit.

He ran away from home in the middle of the night, throwing away his blossoming professional career, his family, and everything he'd ever known for his own mental health and well being. He ended up couch surfing until one of his best friends Antonio introduced him to petty crime. It was a quick, easy way to make money and support himself since no one else would. Before he knew it, he was selling dope on the corner, stealing cars, and kicking in doors. He saw friends get hurt or killed. He hurt people...and did worse. He was a slave to the streets before he realized it, but saved up enough for a decent apartment and a car so he wasn't homeless at least. After a few jail visits and seeing the friend who'd gotten him into the life, who'd been there with him the entire time get his face blown off right next to him, only to barely escape with his own life over a deal gone bad, it was enough to scare him straight.

At the age of eighteen, he applied for a job as a mechanic and has been working at "Charlie's Auto Works" ever since, and he does magic street shows, kid's parties and games of chance for some extra cash. A few months ago, he went camping in the woods to decompress, and what he can only describe as an alien artifact crashed only a few feet from his tent while he was sleeping. He saw it as a sign that not only were aliens real, but that he actually mattered to the universe if he was the one guy out of billions to find it. He took it home, keeping it on his nightstand after figuring out it had a warmth to it. One night he rubbed it before he went to bed as always, and he saw intense, terrifying visions of alien beings on an alien world. He passed out and woke up 24 hours later with dried blood coming from his nose and ears, and the object's glow had vanished along with it's warmth. It was then his powers began to manifest, and he's been training them in secret ever since, and using them to help him make extra money when he can, although he hasn't gone back to outright crime yet.

Sexuality : Heterosexual
On's and Offs :

On's - Vanilla Sex, Romantic gestures, Rough Sex, Roleplaying, Risky Sex(public places, chance of being caught, etc...)
Off's - Gore, Vore, Watersports, overly nasty stuff

Theme Song(s) :
All Along The Watchtower - Jimmy Hendrix
Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas
Short Change Hero - The Heavy

Extras : Kaine self-medicates to help deal with the night terrors and episodes from his PTSD, as well as the visions and voices in his head that came from the rock and never quite left. Usually with weed and alcohol, but he's no stranger to pills. After what he's seen and and knowing what he does about his father, he has no trust or faith in the US Military or US Government. He is no contact with his family and hasn't seen any of them in person in years because they act like they've done nothing wrong. He still stalks them on social media though.

Cold Heritage

Get ready to add 'Kiss From A Rose' to that list of nicknames, Jugg.

Sketch

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 08, 2021, 05:20:30 PM
Get ready to add 'Kiss From A Rose' to that list of nicknames, Jugg.

Welp, that song is now stuck in my head.

Juggtacular

Cold Heritage

Juggtacular

If their apartments are close enough, he might hear him jamming out from time to time lol.