Five awesome songs the world should here....

Started by Satura, July 25, 2011, 05:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satura

Music, I love it, live it and breath it. So although its probably been done to death this thread serves a simple purpose share five or less or more songs people likely have not but really should hear!
Now I am not allowed to post links but as I have no affiliation to any of these bands, no connection to any of the youtube accounts hosting them and require you to add a w to view them....Well a mod will let me know if I am out of line.

I have eclectic musical taste all the way from crushing metal like children of bodom through to the sombre poetics of Leonard Cohen. This is no compilation of the best songs or even my favorites just stuff people often have not heard and I think they should.
Passion and Savagery by embassy of silence. It really is pretty haunting and poetic.
"ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-wV8k1Bcc"

The clockwork dolls with a great blades in autumn. One of the best steam punk acts I have come across in forever. Right up there with Abney park and Vernian process
"ww.youtube.com/watch?v=CWoLmc0zTKg"

Lux Interna - Black water song. There guys are truly amazing neo folk at its finest, dark somber poetry like the taste of whiskey during a storm.
"ww.youtube.com/watch?v=kPgvfLASe-s"

Mountain Goats - Damn these Vampires. Awesome folk sung by a warped poet, moving, comical and at times inspiring.
"ww.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOVhMbjy18I"

Brendan Perry. Famed for his part in the outfit dead can dance, but his solo stuff is pretty decent too ;)
"ww.youtube.com/watch?v=64hQnlD7Oms"

I did not go into large thesis sized preambles about the music as frankly listening to it is going to be ten times more informative than my typing. Share your own, lets hear something amazing.