Pathfinder RPG with E6 Game Rules - GM/Player Interest Check

Started by RubySlippers, February 19, 2013, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I was thinking it might be fun to have a Pathfinder game with the E6 game rules where you capped at Level 6 more of a down to earth sort of game based in a township or other local where your fairly normal people who rise to mighty powers at Level 6 (oooooo ahhhhhh). This would focus more on character development and around a kingdom at most.

If we can get a GM and players interested this could be fun.

The more flexibility and rules used the better IMHO since well your capped at Character Level 6.

TheRaven

I'll toss my hat in for player interest (and possibly GM interest if no one else will).
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

RubySlippers

Nice I was thinking off the top of my head a 15 point by more down to earth but still above average. And starting at 1st level so when you reach the uber-powerful 6th level people can be impressed the local woman made it.

Not sure of class though or classes I have ideas multiclassing in this format gives one interesting options.

Blinkin

I'm tentitively interested. I don't know anything about the E6 or exactly what you're looking for incharacters, so I'm not entriely sure.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

RubySlippers

E6 is a set of rules for DnD that limit the levels to character level six, but xp can be used to buy feats after that. The idea is a commoner would see a level six (insert class) and go oh my god he kicked the butts of twelve town guards, that big troll or tossed a fireball destroying ten orcs and the jaws drop since the npc expert can't do that or the common farmer. So the characters when they cap be that a level five rogue with a level of a prestige class or level six fighter or so forth is really powerful.

Link to the supplement:
http://esix.pbworks.com/f/E6v041.pdf

I just think it would be a nice change of pace.

Blinkin

It looks interesting. I have a couple of questions that I would like clarified, if it's ok, but I'm leaning heavily toward playing.

1. Races. Would a half-elf ranger be an acceptable character?
2. Do the classes get their class features, and the races their racial features? As an example, dwarves get a but load of racial stuff, half-elves not so much, and so on. Or will these be restricted?
3. Any limitations on the feats, beyond what the levels allow? If I'm planning a character's advancement, it'll be nice to know if things like Boon Companion would work as written.

Thanks
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

RubySlippers

Okay its up to the GM but classes and such stay the same, remember all characters cap so nuances in the long run don't matter. Feats again you need to meet the requirements so some feats are never going to happen. On the plus side you can pick up all kinds some unique and even raise ability scores by +2 each [just takes two feats each though].  But overall its up to the GM most tend to play with the rules more open some are more strict.

But it does in my view make character building easier in some ways.

Phaia

I think I would be intereted in playing in this

Read up on the E6 stuff and I like it

and have no problem with gaining feats to help define the character

I always liked getting free feats from GMs that see them as ways to build characters without going overboard

Phaia

Sabre

I love the sound of this.  Too bad I'm still reading and trying to learn how to GM for 3.5E/Pathfinder so I doubt I'd be the best choice to run this game.  But I'd be interested in playing regardless.  Probably a fighter to keep things simple.

hippyness

Interested but more importantly RubySlippers, thank you for introducing this game mod to me. I felt the game was most fun from 3 to 5, so this is fully of interest to me.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

RubySlippers

I like it to for DnD 3.X to, won't work for the Basic Fantasy RPG but that is simple anyway.

I think we need to get some characters posted though and as a framework until a GM pops up lets do 1st Level characters with a generous 25 point buy these are heroes after all and it still limits uber high ability scores. If that sounds okay and no evil characters. Just so I can have something to do with a character. Then if a GM shows up to run it I think someone did earlier we will be good to go.

And I requested this so I get the guarenteed spot I hope.  :P

Blinkin

Ok, revamped and reworked. Lets hope that She's done!

Name: Lydia Redfern         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf            Sex: Female
Class: Ranger            Favored Class: Ranger/fighter
Level: 1            EXP: 000
Alignment: NG         Next Level: 2,000

Physical Description:
Lydia could be best described as a striking woman of unusual beauty.  A mass of rich chestnut colored hair falls about her face and shoulders in curly locks; framing a lightly tanned face that’s dominated by slightly upturned almond shaped Sky blue eyes. Slightly pouty lips under a straight nose and a firm, almost stubborn chin completes her visage.  An athletic figure with a combination of soft curves and firm muscles is accentuated with generous C-cup breast, a slender, toned waist and flaring out into rounded hips and rear. Long, lean legs and well worked arms complete the image. She is most often seen in well made, serviceable, if not overly expensive clothing in natural colors.

Personality:
Lydia is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest as she tracks evil beings wherever she might find them.

Background:
Lydia is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to.

When Lydia was in her early teens, her family was set upon by an Orc band and it was, as to be expected, a slaughter. Her parents were killed and Lydia left for dead among the wreckage of the wagon and supplies. Lost and alone, she continued along the roadway and avoided the same band of bandits only by shere luck before she was found by a older ranger and taken under his wing just outside the town of Sandy Point. As time went on, Lydia became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her craft and made decent bows to sell in town from time to time for the extra coin.

Ability Scores:
STR:12  (+1) Carry: L: 43, M: 86, H: 130
DEX:16 (+3)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 14 +2)
CHA: 12 (+1)

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +3               HP: 11/11
Reflex: +5            Init: +5
Will: +2               Speed: 30’

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack:+2            AC: 16
Base Damage: +1            AC (Flatfooted): 13
Ranged: +5               AC (Touch):13
CMB:+2            CMD: 5
AC(Special):  +2 vs Orcs

Class Skills:  (6+INT)
4 Climb(STR)    (3+1)
7 Craft: Bows(INT) (3+1+1+2)
5 Handle Animal (CHA) (3+2)
6 Heal (WIS) (3+2+1)
4 Intimidate (CHA) (3+1)
4 Knowledge: Dungeoneering (INT) (3+1)
5 Knowledge: Geography (INT) (3+1+1)
5 Knowledge: Nature (INT) (3+1+1)
7 Perception (WIS) (3+2+1(9 in natural surroundings)
5 Profession; Bower/Fletcher (INT) (3+1+1)
6 Ride (DEX) (3+3)
4 Spellcraft (INT) (3+1)
7 Stealth (DEX) (3+3+1)
6 Survival (WIS)(3+2+1)
4 Swim (Str) (3+1)
7 Track (Survival+1/2 level)

Languages: Common, Elven, Orc, Goblin

Feats:
(RF=Racial Feat, CF=Class Feature)

Pinpoint Shot (+1 to attack within 30 feet)
CF-Favored Enemy; Orcs (+2 Bluff, Knowledge, Percept, Sense Mot., Survival vs Orcs)
CF-Wild Empathy (Acts like Diplo skill, ½ lvl+Cha bonus
CF -Track (+1/2 level to survival to identify or follow tracks)

Traits/racial traits:
Elven Immunities: Immune to magical sleep and +2 vs charm spells/effects.
Keen Senses (+2 to perception
Lowlight vision, 60 ft
Elf Blood (count as both races for effects related to race)
Drow Magic: Can cast as Spell like Ability 1x day at class level:
Darkness: CT: 1, Range: Touch, Target: 1 object, Dur: 1 minn/lvl
Fairy Fire: CT: 1, Range: 400 +40ft/lvl, Target: Creatures within 5ft burst, Dur: 1 min/lvl -20 to stealth
Dancing lights: CT: 1, Range 100+10/lvl, 4 lights in 10 ft, Dur: 1 min/lvl
Ranger Favored Class; Half-Elf: Gains 1 SR per level for animal companion
Elven Reflexes (+2 to Init)
Eyes of the Wild (+2 Perception in natural surroundings)

Coin:
GP13
SP:4
CP: 5

Equipment:
MW Composit longbow(+1 STR) 33.3 gp
Damage1D6/1D8, Crit: x3, Range: 110 ft, Weight: 3lbs:
Dagger: 2gp
Dam: 1D3/1D4, Crit: 19-20 x2, Range: 10 ft, Weight: 1lbs
Studded Leather Armor: 25 gp
AC: +3, Dex Max: +5, Check Penalty: -1, 20 lbs
Arrows, Durable (22): 14, 6 lbs
Backpack: 2, 2 lbs
Belt pouch: .5, 1 lbs,
Blanket, Common(x2): .2, 2 lbs
Outfit, Explorer’s(x2): 1, 2 lbs
Fishhooks (5): .5, neg
Flint/Steel: 1, neg
String/twine (50 f)t): .01, Neg
Tools,Masterwork (Bow): 55, 5 lbs (+2 to craft rolls)
Canteen: 2, 1 lbs
Total Weight: 43 lbs
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

You can trade off things to customize the traits you know, multitalented could be removed in this for another racial ability for example unless you plan to multicalss the character. But that does offer some options to.

Anyway looking at the stats a 20 point buy is likely better, be just heroic level I'll do that to and lower the points some on my character. Be above the norm but have areas they are not awesome at.

Blinkin

The options to change multi-talented weren't appealing or wouldn't fit into the concept. I would love to switch it with something else, but as she's not drow blooded, nothing else seemed to work... unless the GM gives me an option to use a trait not in the racial list, I'm pretty much stuck with it.

The character is on a 25 point build, I can adjust if the GM decides to go lower, but there really isn't much difference between the two when you look at ability cost.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Koyume

I'm interested, if you're still recruiting players. I've always wanted to try E6.

RubySlippers

The 25 point build is great to, always prefered it for some odd reason.

hippyness

Quote from: Blinkin on February 23, 2013, 12:05:47 PM
The character is on a 25 point build, I can adjust if the GM decides to go lower, but there really isn't much difference between the two when you look at ability cost.

I counted your points and you've only spent 20. Less if you placed the Half Elf +2 to a stat.
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Blinkin

Hmmm... you're right... I wonder what I was thinking... So, she gets an ability boost andsome refigured stats. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I also need to see if I can work up a description and back story for her, but I was waiting for more information (or a DM) to give us some specifics on the location so I can tailor it a bit.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hippyness

Quote from: Blinkin on February 23, 2013, 06:31:38 PM
Hmmm... you're right... I wonder what I was thinking... So, she gets an ability boost andsome refigured stats. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I also need to see if I can work up a description and back story for her, but I was waiting for more information (or a DM) to give us some specifics on the location so I can tailor it a bit.

Welcomes. I was working on my stats and kept jumping back and forth. It took me a few counts and recounts to be sure.

I'm waiting on some more info too. I've decided pretty well on a bard. Being my favorite class, it makes sense for trying out a new rule set but a rogue may work better in the leveling framework given... I don't know...

Blinkin

As a general rule, I avoid casters of any type. I hated them in AD&D, D&D and Pathfinder just confuses me in regards to all of the options. I also tend to be a traditionalist when it comes to races mainly because no one wants to play them when there's so many more exotic racesavailable.

Hopefully, the ranger will be fun in this system and we'll have some fun.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hippyness

I understand how you feel. I use to avoid magic, but have enjoyed Bards and Clerics.

And I like playing as Human, although Half Elf is still my favorite. I can play Halflings and Pathfinder Gnomes but those are specific characters I have enjoyed, not playing the race as a whole.

RubySlippers

Well I'm working on a Wizard, who will be looking at wearing armor starting 3rd level and is a advocatus (lawyer sort) and professional wizard. Come on those charms of love, amulets of good fortune and potions of vitality as in keeps you fit crafted with her mark on them should sell to the commoners well enough not to mention rituals to shield the home from evil spirits. Cha-ching!

Reminds me I need to get Craft (fake magical items) as a skill.

Blinkin

Remember, we're probably starting off at 1st and and I figure as likely as not in a small town/village... so those you're selling to may be your neighbors and not be too happy to know that one of their own may of tried to make them into fools. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hippyness

Good luck charms are always handy. So are crop growing rituals and water witchery.

RubySlippers

Quote from: hippyness on February 23, 2013, 07:38:01 PM
Good luck charms are always handy. So are crop growing rituals and water witchery.

What, they are authentic runes and symbols of power and she crafted them and if it fails to work well then its the will of the gods or something. I see tons of them from occult suppliers nowadays who is to say its not going to work at all? If that amulet of wealth is on and you make a good deal or find a copper coin or get a better job it worked right.

Phaia

well i was considring the witch class from pathfinder

All sorts of amusing talents as well magic

and feats that give ya more talents to learn

not an evil hag withc mind ya...but a purty , naughty witch ...that when no one is looking may be can boil a kid or two  :o ::)

HMM maybe a nice gyspy style wagin for her base and mules or oxen to pull it

hmmm

Phaia

hippyness

Okay, so the more I listen to this the more I'm hearing bard to talk us out of trouble and the more we need someone else who can tangle with the devil in the pale moon light.

Triggvi

Outsider (Native) and Humanoid (Human)

I was Born Avery Kemp, a son to a farmer and his wife. They were both human but I was different. I did know how different until I sold myself into slavery as gladiator. The price I got was way more than I expected for a mere farm boy. At this point you are asking yourself why a young boy would sell himself into slavery as a gladiator. Well the answer to that was the farm wasn't going well and the debts were piling up with too many mouths to feed. So, being the dutiful son I took things into my own hands and approached a traveling Gladiator exhibitioner. The price I got paid all the debts on the farm and then some.

I traveled with the show down deep into the Empire of Chelax; I was sold twice in my almost 20 years of service. I served first as a servant boy and then as a male sexy toy and as grew into my own I was trained as a Gladiator. 

I learned to bet on Gladiatorial games winning and losing as I went, I hoarded by money and build it over the time as a servant until I had the opportunity to bet it all on a long shot. This long shot happened to be on me against a fight that was meant to teach me a lesson in humility. Only I was able to bribe the more experienced Gladiator by betting part of my money on me for him. He lost some face but came out with a lot of money for himself. We played up the fight and made it a glorious spectacle that had the crowd on the edge of their seat with grand maneuvers and hard hitting action until I landed the final blow that forced Loric the Harbinger to surrender. I had learned my lessons well concerning the law and how it can be used. I hired an agent to purchase me and give me my freedom. My Dominus at the time had bet heavily on me to lose and was hurting for money to pay his debts. When my agent showed up he was a very welcome sight and quickly signed the sale papers. It wasn’t until later that he had found out it was a ruse to buy my freedom and my journey from the Empire became somewhat dicey.

I am now returning to my old homestead to see what is left and see if my parents are still alive and what has happened with my brothers and sisters.

Appearance:
Think of the most perfect chiseled hard body you can think of and then add the minor imperfections of battle scars a whip marks on his back, and then you would have Glabrous Hellion. Add to this a jovial face and charm with that hides his innate intelligence and serious of his nature.

Personality:
Avery is a driven man, whatever he sets his goals on he tends to see them through to the end. It was this drive that won him is freedom. He puts up the face of a carefree, gregarious storyteller and partier to hide the passions that dive him. He wants to make a name for himself so that neither he nor his brother’s or sister’s children’s children have to till the land again. Sand Point was his home 20 years ago and he wishes to make it so again. He has seen too much evil that has been done in the name of the Law in Empire of Chelax to ever choose what is legal over what is right.
Glabrous was trained for over a decade as a servant and male sex toy for his master and his guests. He has a natural grace that oozes sex, draws the eye, teases and drives the victim crazy.  He keeps his body and genitals shaved as he has done most of his life. He is always well groomed.  He was been well trained to pleasure both men and women but prefers women for the most part.

In many ways the town is both familiar and new and he is looking for his place in it.

Name: Glabrous Hellion
Race: Angelkin (Assimar)
Height: 180 lbs
Weight: 6’0”
Sex: Male
Hair: Obsidian
Eyes: Sky Blue
Skin Color: Golden Brown
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Desna

Experience: 0
Current Level: 1

Stats

Str:   16
Dex:   13
Con:   12
Wis:   10
Int:   13
Cha:   16

Skills

SkillsStatMiscRankTotal
©Perform(Dance)+3+3  1+7
©Intimidate+3+3  1+7
Linguistics+1+2  1+4
©Bluff+3+3  1+7
Peception+0+0  0+0
Sense Motives+0+2  0+2
©Climb   +3+0  0+3
©Swim   +3+0  0+3
Diplomacy+3+0  0+3

Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Chelaxian

Traits: Innocent Assimar,  Inner beauty (in place spell like ability), Charlatin

HP    12   Wounds:

AC 20 (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
Flat Footed AC 19
Touch AC 11
CMD 15

Attacks

Base Attack   +1
Melee   +4
CMB   +4
Ranged   +2
Speed   30

Saves

Fort Save   +3
Reflex Save   +1
Will Save   +0

Classes   Favored Fighter(Gladiator)

Level   Classes   Favored Choice   HP
    1   Gladiator       +1 SP & +1 HP    12
    2   Gladiator   
    3   Gladiator   
    4   Gladiator   
    5   Gladiator   
    6   Gladiator   

Racial Traits:
Dark Vision: 60ft
Ability Modifiers: +2 Str, +2 Cha
Extra trait
Angelkin Race Traits:
       Celestial Tracker
       Planetar's Visions
Scion of Humanity:
       Outsider (Native) and Humanoid (Human)
       Pass For Human without Disguise check
       No Celestial Language
Truthspeaker:
       +2 Linguistics and Sense Motive
       Linguistics give two languages for every rank.
Celestial Resistance:
       acid resistance 5
       cold resistance 5
       electricity resistance 5.

Class Traits
Performance Weapon Mastery
Exotic Armor Proficiency(2 or 3 equal whole suit +1 AC)

Feats:
Dazzling Display
Fast learner

Encumbrance

Light76 lbs. or less
Medium77–153 lbs.
Heavy154–230 lbs.

Money

Starting Money    +175 gp
Armor+Shield     -137 gp
Equipment     -15 gp

Current Money: 23 gp

Armor

Piece:Part         Price         Weight    AC    Max Dex    Penalty    Speed    Arcane
Chain ShirtTorso100 gp25 lbs+4+4-230 ft30%
Studded LeatherLegs5 gp3 lbs+1+5-030 ft10%
Lamellar, hornArms25 gp5 lbs+1+5-230 ft25%
TotalAll130 gp33 lbs+7+4-230 ft35%
Heavy Wooden ShieldAll 7 gp10 lbs+2---2--15%

Equipment

Equipment:PriceWeight
Long Sword   15 gp     4 lbs
Adventurering Equipment    9.65 gp25.5 lbs

Blinkin

Again, I respectfully point out that it's as likely as not, with the cap on levels, that we might start out at 1st evel. I think someone mentioned that at some point, so creating a level 6 would just mean that you have to backtrack and break it down to that point. That's why I created a 1st level and can upgrade it easier than breaking it down.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Triggvi

Quote from: Blinkin on February 24, 2013, 04:59:14 AM
Again, I respectfully point out that it's as likely as not, with the cap on levels, that we might start out at 1st evel. I think someone mentioned that at some point, so creating a level 6 would just mean that you have to backtrack and break it down to that point. That's why I created a 1st level and can upgrade it easier than breaking it down.
He is not level 6. He is level 1. The class levels are planning on the future( no hp next to them)

RubySlippers

hippyness

Decided on Bard. I need a look and background but as it stands he's out to experience, write and tell the greatest story of the age. Sure there will be lying in the stories but the foundation of the story will be true. Felt he needed to be a he, balance the sexes some in the game.
If I missed something, I'll get it when I fill in the rest. Hope this is alright and meet Celvius Thrune.

Name: Celvius Thrune        Player: hippyness
Race: Half Elf (Chelaxian and Elf)           Sex: Male
Class: Bard (Sound Striker)            Favored Class: Bard/Rogue
Level: 1
Alignment: CG

Physical Description: will happen in game.

Personality: Celvius is a driven, passionate writer. His goal is to find the epic story, experience it, then pen it. He can be selfish but will do anything to make sure the story can reach it's conclusion. He is also a lecherous flirt, praying on barmaids and tavern girls hoping for romance. Celvius however, does not cast himself as the hero in his mind, feeling the need to see the story unfold, not have it written around him.

Background: Raised in Cheliax, Celvius was given certain privileges in life. His family attended opera and theater regularly where many of the greatest pieces written were performed by the greatest actors. He was tutored in the finer arts of music and literature by wise bards. He learned sword dueling as a practice of life in the upper classes. A fondness of the chronicling of life grow inside him. That fondness grew into an obsessive drive, his first three plays only garnering mediocre praise, and the fourth reviewed as "Only slightly above average." The fifth is written on the wall of an inn, under a fresh wallpapering, while six is kept safe by a barmaid who was promised an encore performance which may never happen. And now Celvius travels to find the perfect story to turn into his master piece.

Ability Scores:
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 14 (+2)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 17 (+3) (halfelf +2)

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +1               HP: 9/9
Reflex: +4            Init: +3
Will: +2               Speed: 30’

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack: +0           AC: 15
Base Damage: 1d6+1           AC (Flatfooted): 13
Ranged: +2               AC (Touch): 12
CMB:            CMD:
AC(Special):

Rapier +3 1d6 18-20/x2 P
Dagger +0 1d4 19-20/2 S or P
Longbow +3 1d8 x3 P (40 arrow)

Class Skills: 8 (6+Int 1+favored class)
Diplomacy: +8
Disable Device: +4
Knowledge (Local) +7
Perform (Oratory): +8
Profession (Play Write): +5
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3
Use Magic Device: +8

Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven

Feats:
Weapon Finesse
Point Blank Shot

Traits/racial traits:
Maestro of the Society +3 rounds of bardic music a day
Master of the Sudden Strike +2 weapon damage in suprise rounds
Bardic Knowledge
Bardic Performance
Spells

Low Light Vision
Skill Focus
Elf Blood
Elven Immunities
Keen Senses
Multitalented

Songs: 10 round/day
Distraction
Fascinate
Inspire Courage +1

Spells: 4/2
0 Lvl:
Detect Magic
Light
Prestidigitation
Read Magic

1st Lvl: (2 per day)
Cure Light Wounds
Share Language

Coin:
GP: 2
SP:
CP:

Equipment:
Rapier
Dagger
Longbow
Studded Leather (40 arrow)
Backpack
Flint and Steel
Rations x2

Triggvi

Looks like you have the diplomacy and i have the intimidation. Looks like a good match up.

hippyness

Triggvi

Quote from: hippyness on February 24, 2013, 08:17:48 PM
Sugar and spice can't make everything nice. ^_^
Somtine you just have to pull out the the hot sauce and go to town.

RubySlippers

Chammady Deverin
Bastard Daughter of Fenchus Deverin

Human Female
1st Level Wizard
Armor Class [13, flat footed 11]
Hit Points [7]
Alignment [Neutral]
Deity [Shelyn]

Ability Scores   
Strength 13  [+1]
Dexterity 15 [+2]
Constitution 12  [+1]
Intelligence 16  [+3]
Wisdom 10  [+0]
Charisma 11  [+0]

Racial Traits
Bonus Feat at 1st Level
+2 Racial Bonus to One Ability
+1 Skill Point per Level
Base Speed 30 ft.
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven & Aetherian (language and symbols of Aether Magic)

Wizard Class Abilities
Arcane Bond - Object Ring - Band of the Aether
Arcane School - Arcane Crafter
Cantrips
Bonus Feats - 1st Level [scribe scroll]

Traits
Reactionary
Lesser Noble [regional]

Feats
Wizard Bonus Feat - Scribe Scroll
Human Bonus Feat - Two Weapon Fighting
1st Level Feat - Armor Proficiency (light)

Skills 6 Pts./Level
Appraise (Int) 1 Rank + Int 3  [+7]
Craft aether magical fetishes & elixers (Int) 1 Rank + Int 3 + MW Tools 2  [+9]
Knowledge aether magic (Int) 1 Rank + Int 3  [+7]
Knowledge arcana (Int) 1 Rank + Int 3  [+7]
Profession wizard (Wis) 1 Rank + Wis 0  [+4]
Spellcraft (Int) 1 Rank + Int 3  [+7]

Combat
Initiative  [+4]
Base Attack Bonus  [+0]
Melee BAB  [+1]
Ranged BAB  [+2]
Weapons:
- Dagger
AB* -1/Throw +2, Damaged 1d4+1/1d4+1, Critical 19-20/x2, Range 10 ft., Wgt. 1 lb., Type P/S
- Quarterstaff
AB* +-1, Damage 1d6+1/1d6+1, Critical 20/x2, Wgt. 4 lbs., Type B.
* Used as two handed fighting style.
Armor:
- Padded (Supple Leather)
AB +1, MDM +6, ASF 5%, Wt. 10 lbs.
Special: Dagger sheaths under each sleeve, two under hairline in back and is form fitting but to conceal the
daggers.

Saves
Fortitude  [+0]
Refl  [+2]
Will  [+2]

Spells
Spell DC [+3]
0 Level Spells per Day [3]
1st Level Spells per Day [1 + Int 1]
Cantrips Known: All
1st Level Spells Known: Charm Person, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Magic Weapon, Sleep

Personal Information
Height: 5 ft./7 in.
Weight:  141 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown/White
Eye Color: Brown
Features: Pubic hair matches her head hair in a nice triangle and has the appearance more of her father than mother.
Background: Her mother was the mistress of Fenchus Deverin was the man was young and her mother the older woman having her nine months later her only gift from her father was a signet ring and a passage in his will leaving her the sum of 10 platinum coins if she showed up to claim it the money which she did recently. Was apprenticed to a Master Wizard Gaoldon and his wife oddly at first in Housewifery with the wife until she showed a stron aptitude for the Art when she was moved to apprenticing in wizardry. Unknown to her her father paid for this apprenticeship the family found the account later of the sum going to the wizard for an apprenticeship and a note with her name. Well she came to town to make her fortune and get in touch with her family it was a shock when she came in with the ring, her birth record and note from her master as to who she was and got the pouch of coins. And is unsure of things right now herself she was not raised a noble and is not in the line of succession so has just the name and some coin.
Personality:

Wealth
3 pp
2 gp
14 sp
10 cp

Equipment
Padded Armor (supple leather x 2 cost paid)   10 lbs.  10gp
Daggers x 4   4 lbs.  8gp
Quarterstaff (professionally crafted and iron rung ends)  4 lbs.  5gp
Fetishes  x 20   5 lbs.  10gp
Silver Holy Symbol  (Shelyn)  1 lb.  25gp
Deluxe Backpack  2 lbs.  10gp
Leather Clothing Pieces  x 2   10 lbs.  10gp
High Soft Boots  2 lbs.  5gp
Waterskin  2 lbs.  5sp
Ladies Grooming Kite  5 lbs.  5gp
Masterwork Tools  fetish making  5 lbs. 55gp
Aether Magician's Master's Notebook  has all the notes, fetishes and magical ceremonies in  Aetherian  10gp
Signet Ring  5 gp

Phaia

RubySlippers

Ravenhawk

This looks interesting. I'm thinking an elf, either some sort of duelist or a magus.

How far would we be going with the RP?... after all, this is Elliquiy.

yesiroleplay

wow.

I once attempted to GM this very idea (Pathfinder with E6, based in a small town and environs.)

In fact, here is the wiki page I set up for that game:  https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Heroes_of_Sandpoint

I'd be willing to give a go at GMing that game again, though I'd want a co-gm to help keep the pace up when life and work gets busy.

Even if I don't GM, feel free to use the resources for your setting.

hippyness

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 25, 2013, 10:35:24 PM
wow.

I once attempted to GM this very idea (Pathfinder with E6, based in a small town and environs.)

In fact, here is the wiki page I set up for that game:  https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Heroes_of_Sandpoint

I'd be willing to give a go at GMing that game again, though I'd want a co-gm to help keep the pace up when life and work gets busy.

Even if I don't GM, feel free to use the resources for your setting.
I like the concept. I would feel better with more points for the buy and racial options.

yesiroleplay

Aasimar would be fine, as long as you took the Scion of Humanity racial trait in place of speaking Celestial.  I'd prefer to stick with the 18-pt buy.  That still puts the players significantly over the norm, but not so much that they lose the feel of being part of the community.

Blinkin

Then I need to redo Lydia as she's a 25 point buy; which was what most of us were assuming.

Is the setting on the wiki the one being used? There's not a lot of point of a woodland ranger if there's no woods and it's mostly sea based... so major rewrite.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

yesiroleplay

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Heroes_of_Sandpoint/Sandpoint#Sandpoint_Hinterlands
The Nettlewood is a pretty extensive forest to the northeast.  In fact, one of the town's major exports is lumber.

RubySlippers

No biggy just need to tweak. Tweaking can be very sexy you know for a gamer.  ;D

Undate: Tweakgasm! Okay changed the basics now can get ot the mean and potatoes.

Blinkin

Ok, thanks. Not such a major rewrite then. But I may make some minor alterations as I'm doing it anyway.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

yesiroleplay

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 27, 2013, 10:42:01 AM
What religions are popular in the land?
https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Heroes_of_Sandpoint/Sandpoint#Sandpoint_.231-2:_Sandpoint_Cathedral
There is a pretty solid writeup on Desna and a summary of the other locally popular deities in the Rise of the Runelords Players Guide (free download from Paizo).  Basically, the setting uses the stock Pathfinder deities.

Triggvi

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Triggvi on February 27, 2013, 11:38:19 AM
character tweaked
*munchkin soul wincing slightly to see a 16 Cha not being used to for Divine Grace and Smite*
I do have a question about the background - you're saying he's currently around 30-ish (young boy + 20 years)  and has 20 years of Gladiatorial experience, yet is still only 1st level?
Did he spend most of his time in the pits raking out the sand after others fought?

Blinkin

Questions:

I'm looking hard at the Woodland Skirmisher archetype. Unless this is going to put a strain on the setting or fitting the character into the story, I'm leaning heavily towrad this alteration.

I would also like permission to pick up this alternate trait for the character. As it doesn't specify just how far back the blood tie has to be, I would perfer that the physical traits be very understated, or slight... If it's not acceptible, I'll drop it.

Drow Magic A few half-elves with drow ancestry exhibit the innate magic of that race. Half-elves with this trait have drow blood somewhere in their background, and can cast dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire each once per day, using the half-elf's character level as the caster level for these spell-like abilities. This racial trait replaces the adaptability and multitalented racial traits.

I'm adapting the character to the 18 point ability buy, and making sure that everything is correct. If these changes are acceptible, I'll post the revamped ranger this afternoon... BTW, how common would Orcs be in the region?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Okay another question how common is magic especially wizardry in the realm, my concept is I'm a hedge wizard sort trained by a area master maybe at another location and returned but she learned how to make "items of minor arcane power" as in fake but cool looking items for common folk and those unenlightend to buy.

Examples an amulet of good fate, a powder to promote love in a home, a knotted rope with runestone ends to promote a healthy herd animal and so forth nothing definate but being a real wizard it must work more often than not.

But if magic is pretty common or known to commoners I will need to do something else.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 11:54:56 AM
*munchkin soul wincing slightly to see a 16 Cha not being used to for Divine Grace and Smite*
I do have a question about the background - you're saying he's currently around 30-ish (young boy + 20 years)  and has 20 years of Gladiatorial experience, yet is still only 1st level?
Did he spend most of his time in the pits raking out the sand after others fought?
Assimars age more slowly than humans even though they come from human parents, He sold himself at about age 20 which would have been (age 10-12 by human standards) and spent a great deal of time as a servant and growing up during that 20 years. Learning to be be a gladiator as they let him. Between a few victories and well placed bet he was able to  buy his freedom by the time he was a first level trained gladiator.

he is about 41 now. A little young by the age chart for assimars but fit is the story better. If it comes down to it we can change his age to 60 for the chart and say he left when he was 40 (Child Assimar)

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Blinkin on February 27, 2013, 12:01:11 PM
Questions:

I'm looking hard at the Woodland Skirmisher archetype. Unless this is going to put a strain on the setting or fitting the character into the story, I'm leaning heavily towrad this alteration.

I would also like permission to pick up this alternate trait for the character. As it doesn't specify just how far back the blood tie has to be, I would perfer that the physical traits be very understated, or slight... If it's not acceptible, I'll drop it.

Drow Magic A few half-elves with drow ancestry exhibit the innate magic of that race. Half-elves with this trait have drow blood somewhere in their background, and can cast dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire each once per day, using the half-elf's character level as the caster level for these spell-like abilities. This racial trait replaces the adaptability and multitalented racial traits.

I'm adapting the character to the 18 point ability buy, and making sure that everything is correct. If these changes are acceptible, I'll post the revamped ranger this afternoon... BTW, how common would Orcs be in the region?
Both the class archetype and the alternate racial trait are acceptable.  If you're taking just the Drow Magic trait and not also acquiring the Drow-Descended subtype, then there's no requirement to have any physical traits associated with the racial trait.  Though I would suggest at least a slightly darker skin tone - something at least along the lines of a permanent tan.

Regarding the class archetype - while there will be scenarios in the forest, I wasn't planning on that terrain being the focus of the campaign, so in certain scenarios/story-arcs you might find your character at a disadvantage - though the extra spell per day and access to Druid spells should more than compensate. Remember this is E6, and you'll only ever have first-level ranger/druid spells.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 11:54:56 AM

Also is a gladiator and great gladiators were also great performers.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Triggvi on February 27, 2013, 12:23:22 PM
Assimars age more slowly than humans even though they come from human parents, He sold himself at about age 20 which would have been (age 10-12 by human standards) and spent a great deal of time as a servant and growing up during that 20 years. Learning to be be a gladiator as they let him. Between a few victories and well placed bet he was able to  buy his freedom by the time he was a first level trained gladiator.

he is about 41 now. A little young by the age chart for assimars but fit is the story better. If it comes down to it we can change his age to 60 for the chart and say he left when he was 40 (Child Assimar)

41 is fine.  It fits very well with the whole 'young heroes' theme I'd like to encourage.  And I can totally see him betting heavily on himself  against long odds on one of his first few fights.  I didn't see a 20-year battle-hardened veteran fitting well with 1-st level adventurers though.

I like him.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 12:28:08 PM
41 is fine.  It fits very well with the whole 'young heroes' theme I'd like to encourage.  And I can totally see him betting heavily on himself  against long odds on one of his first few fights.  I didn't see a 20-year battle-hardened veteran fitting well with 1-st level adventurers though.

I like him.
He is did not spend 20 yrs in gladiator fights. He spent like 16 years as a servant and then was trained as a gladiatior. He is still young and fairly inexperienced. 

yesiroleplay

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 27, 2013, 12:22:59 PM
Okay another question how common is magic especially wizardry in the realm, my concept is I'm a hedge wizard sort trained by a area master maybe at another location and returned but she learned how to make "items of minor arcane power" as in fake but cool looking items for common folk and those unenlightend to buy.

Examples an amulet of good fate, a powder to promote love in a home, a knotted rope with runestone ends to promote a healthy herd animal and so forth nothing definate but being a real wizard it must work more often than not.

But if magic is pretty common or known to commoners I will need to do something else.
Magic exists - there are at least 4 named caster NPC's in Sandpoint, though three of them are Divine and the other is a Bard - I think there's a wizard, maybe the guy with the museum?  I'd have to check again.  Think of wizards as about as common as watch-makers in the current real world.  There isn't a real problem finding one if you look - perhaps to repair your grandfather's railroad watch, but they hardly dominate society or even chronological technology.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Triggvi on February 27, 2013, 12:32:28 PM
He is did not spend 20 yrs in gladiator fights. He spent like 16 years as a servant and then was trained as a gladiatior. He is still young and fairly inexperienced.
Yeah, I got that :)  16 years carrying water and raking the sand in the fighting pit :p

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 12:34:42 PM
Yeah, I got that :)  16 years carrying water and raking the sand in the fighting pit :p
I figured the he learned the art of betting on human blood sports while he was a servant. Hoarded his money.  Then bet on himself in a long shot.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Triggvi on February 27, 2013, 12:37:59 PM
I figured the he learned the art of betting on human blood sports while he was a servant. Hoarded his money.  Then bet on himself in a long shot.
Exactly!
He made enough to buy his freedom, and enough left over to have standard 1st-level starting money.

Triggvi

How would you feel about me trading the alterself spell like ability for a trait ( performace related)?

yesiroleplay

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 12:33:50 PM
Quote from: RubySlippers on February 27, 2013, 12:22:59 PM

Magic exists - there are at least 4 named caster NPC's in Sandpoint, though three of them are Divine and the other is a Bard - I think there's a wizard, maybe the guy with the museum?  I'd have to check again.  Think of wizards as about as common as watch-makers in the current real world.  There isn't a real problem finding one if you look - perhaps to repair your grandfather's railroad watch, but they hardly dominate society or even chronological technology.

Yeah - the guy with the museum is a wizard: https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Heroes_of_Sandpoint/Sandpoint#Sandpoint_.2327._Turandarok_Academy

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Triggvi on February 27, 2013, 12:41:37 PM
How would you feel about me trading the alterself spell like ability for a trait ( performace related)?
Trading a racial trait for a character trait?  It would depend on the trait, so maybe?

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 12:44:57 PM
Trading a racial trait for a character trait?  It would depend on the trait, so maybe?
Or if you want to trade racial for racial and he is a scion of humanity. How about the human racial trait +1 skill point per level? Or like a trait that gives him bluff as a class skill.

Blinkin

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 12:23:43 PM
Both the class archetype and the alternate racial trait are acceptable.  If you're taking just the Drow Magic trait and not also acquiring the Drow-Descended subtype, then there's no requirement to have any physical traits associated with the racial trait.  Though I would suggest at least a slightly darker skin tone - something at least along the lines of a permanent tan.

Regarding the class archetype - while there will be scenarios in the forest, I wasn't planning on that terrain being the focus of the campaign, so in certain scenarios/story-arcs you might find your character at a disadvantage - though the extra spell per day and access to Druid spells should more than compensate. Remember this is E6, and you'll only ever have first-level ranger/druid spells.

I know that it's E6, but that also puts a limit on the usual favored Enemy and favored Terrain class features, so all he'll ever get is really 2 favored enemy and 1 favored terrain. I'm open to other options that won't loose the Nature's Bond; I want the companion.

If you can suggest a favored terrian that would be better suited to the game, I would be happy to take that. The spells were a minor thing in any case as, as you said, there would ever only be a very limited 1st level spell option.

That is, unless there are ways to gain further favored's?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Triggvi on February 27, 2013, 12:49:03 PM
Or if you want to trade racial for racial and he is a scion of humanity. How about the human racial trait +1 skill point per level? Or like a trait that gives him bluff as a class skill.
Hmmm - how about bluff is a class skill, and he gets +1/2 to bluff per level.

Charlatan:  Your unearthly heritage is considered a curse by the parochial folk around you.  You've learned to explain away those aspects of your heritage you can't hide.
Benefit:  Bluff is a class skill for you, and you gain a trait bonus to bluff of +1 per two character levels.

Triggvi

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Blinkin on February 27, 2013, 12:59:29 PM
I know that it's E6, but that also puts a limit on the usual favored Enemy and favored Terrain class features, so all he'll ever get is really 2 favored enemy and 1 favored terrain. I'm open to other options that won't loose the Nature's Bond; I want the companion.

If you can suggest a favored terrian that would be better suited to the game, I would be happy to take that. The spells were a minor thing in any case as, as you said, there would ever only be a very limited 1st level spell option.

That is, unless there are ways to gain further favored's?
You don't get favored (in your case focused) terrain until 3rd level.  By that time the game will either have died or you'll have the setting experience to choose for yourself.

Edit:
I'll even go this far - at third level when you choose your focused terrain, you can shift the 'Forest Ghost' bonus to your focused terrain, or keep it at forest if you prefer.

Re-edit:
Also, I'm going to agree with the Editor's Note, and rule that focused terrain replaces favored terrain, and not favored enemy.

RubySlippers

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 12:33:50 PM

Good then my idea will work out I think her profession is Wizard and has as things she does to make money sell items crafted by means taught to her by her master that offer benefits to common people, well that is what she was told make this amulet with this inscriptions and bless it by the light of the moon and it grants good fortune on the wearer. Then there is magic using the Art such as scrolls as in serious arcana the stuff of proper wizards. The former to her is as legitimate as the latter.

Plus various other services some rituals and other things to grant things to peoples homes and property a typical one a ward of favored wealth on businesses good for a year and a day which well can't hurt and well its using the symbols and words and things she was taught.

If magic is that rare in her profession then her arcane school is likely rarer she can always counter critics who know of such things as she was taught by a master of crafting items and who was taught by others going into the past, so her knowledge is unique.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 27, 2013, 01:11:13 PM
Good then my idea will work out I think her profession is Wizard and has as things she does to make money sell items crafted by means taught to her by her master that offer benefits to common people, well that is what she was told make this amulet with this inscriptions and bless it by the light of the moon and it grants good fortune on the wearer. Then there is magic using the Art such as scrolls as in serious arcana the stuff of proper wizards. The former to her is as legitimate as the latter.

Plus various other services some rituals and other things to grant things to peoples homes and property a typical one a ward of favored wealth on businesses good for a year and a day which well can't hurt and well its using the symbols and words and things she was taught.

If magic is that rare in her profession then her arcane school is likely rarer she can always counter critics who know of such things as she was taught by a master of crafting items and who was taught by others going into the past, so her knowledge is unique.
Well, I'd say wizards are uncommon, rather than rare.  And while some of your ritual magic and fetishes (the magical type of fetish, not the sexual type) might have influence, magic is real enough for people to tell the difference between superstition and the real thing.  Turandarok lives in Sandpoint, and is an honest-to-goodness wizard (of undetermined level) and he runs both an orphanage and an 'Academy' - though most of his students don't learn much more than literacy and basic arithmetic. 

yesiroleplay

Triggvi - does your character worship Shelyn?  If not, then you need to scrap Inner Beauty.  Also, you can't take the human(Shoanti) trait Bred for War.

Blinkin

Ok, went back to the standard class. and will post the revised character in a few moments
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 01:34:31 PM
Triggvi - does your character worship Shelyn?  If not, then you need to scrap Inner Beauty.  Also, you can't take the human(Shoanti) trait Bred for War.
Bred for war trait is coming more from his prep work in builting size and strength as a gladiator. If i need to i will find another one that is similiar.

The inner beauty is ment to go with his angelkin heritage as an exemplar of human beauty. Closest i could find.

Triggvi

RubySlippers

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 01:21:17 PM
Well, I'd say wizards are uncommon, rather than rare.  And while some of your ritual magic and fetishes (the magical type of fetish, not the sexual type) might have influence, magic is real enough for people to tell the difference between superstition and the real thing.  Turandarok lives in Sandpoint, and is an honest-to-goodness wizard (of undetermined level) and he runs both an orphanage and an 'Academy' - though most of his students don't learn much more than literacy and basic arithmetic.

I will then make some changes she needs a way to earn a living and that will work out.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Triggvi on February 27, 2013, 01:46:02 PM
He is outsider(native) and humanoid(human)
If your human heritage is Shoanti, then that works.  Though Shoanti aren't an agricultural society, and don't fit your background as a farmer.

Might I suggest http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/race-traits/innocent-aasimar as a racial trait?
As for religious traits, you need to worship the appropriate deity to take them.  Inner beauty reflects dedication to the goddess Shelyn, not unearthly beatitude.

If you want to take something sexual (re: the Roman matrons that paid good money to copulate with gladiatorial champions)  We could probably work something out.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 27, 2013, 01:55:12 PM
I will then make some changes she needs a way to earn a living and that will work out.
Nothing would prevent her from making good money from powerless fetishes.  Modern-day 'psychics'  prove that.

RubySlippers

I decided to have some fun if magic is as diverse as early pseudoscience and the like then she can play. I took a knowledge of Aether Magic its a rare system and practice of arcana where there is a aether around the lines of magical power. Using ancient techniques runes, elizers and rituals she can imbue this into items since its a shade of the real magic it cannot be detected and its influrences are far more subtle. In fact many wizards fail to understand this and its a pity it compliments the lines of power that the Art draes from.

Well it will give her a philosophy and magical science backing up her claims and it will sound nice lines of power, the aether force, spheres of the celestian and infernal realms and the elemental anchors etc. etc.

Well that is how her master taught her magic worked.

hippyness

I will update and finalize my character as soon as I have time.

RubySlippers

Blinkin

Why not just say, "The force Luke, remember the Force...

Or, "I see that your swortz is as big as mine..."

Lydia is up and (I think) all finished up... oops, Profession! Need to do that one!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Blinkin on February 27, 2013, 03:18:16 PM
Why not just say, "The force Luke, remember the Force...

Or, "I see that your swortz is as big as mine..."

Lydia is up and (I think) all finished up... oops, Profession! Need to do that one!
Points for the Spaceballs reference.
God, I miss John Candy.

RubySlippers

Because if the town wizard takes offense her BS must sound as good as his BS, or at least sound like good enough BS that her BS is not unplausible.

Seriously though there are in our history tons of takes on science and such so magic cannot be all unified, she has a branch likely just off the mainstream she does use traditional magical theory just adds her branch she practices to that one. It also happens to have its own theory, lingo, language and well seems to her as legitimate as others she learned about.

Remember she is not bluffing she really believes her fetishes and elixers and rituals have value and is as real as tossing a sleep spell at an orc just the former is suble magic and the latter overt magic they are both to her magic if one casts a truth spell on her she would say yes this amulet of good fortune will work as I said (she will always believe that).

Phaia

wow i dont drop by for a day or 2 and everything changes now i have anotehr i need to get cracking on

Phaia

Ravenhawk

Quote from: Phaia on February 27, 2013, 03:48:06 PM
wow i dont drop by for a day or 2 and everything changes now i have anotehr i need to get cracking on

Phaia

This was less than twelve hrs I think. And I got so many meds in me right now, I can't focus enough to make a char.

Blinkin

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 03:23:18 PM
Points for the Spaceballs reference.
God, I miss John Candy.

"Who are you?"
"Barf!"
"Not in this car! This is a mercedes!"

Yes, I miss John Candy myself. A real comedy talent.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 01:57:12 PM
If your human heritage is Shoanti, then that works.  Though Shoanti aren't an agricultural society, and don't fit your background as a farmer.

Might I suggest http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/race-traits/innocent-aasimar as a racial trait?
As for religious traits, you need to worship the appropriate deity to take them.  Inner beauty reflects dedication to the goddess Shelyn, not unearthly beatitude.

If you want to take something sexual (re: the Roman matrons that paid good money to copulate with gladiatorial champions)  We could probably work something out.
I was thinking of it as more of an adopted thing for the bred for war. He was feed and trained by his owner for 20 years. What if we call the inner beauty a spell like ability and use charatin in its place as a trait?

The innocent assimar is intetesting but that means he has the lie yo grt the bonus.

yesiroleplay

I'm not sure what "lie yo grt" is - maybe "lie to get"?
Little white lies are what keeps civilization going - so by lying he's actually helping the greater good!

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 08:09:27 PM
I'm not sure what "lie yo grt" is - maybe "lie to get"?
Little white lies are what keeps civilization going - so by lying he's actually helping the greater good!
Lying his way through life was not how i pictured him. Iol.  Started with a concept and created him. The fluff on the traits feels less important than what they do.

Typing this out on a phone. Sorry about that.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 27, 2013, 01:57:12 PM

What if we meat half way. Let me keep the Bred for war and I will take innocent assimar and and give up inner beauty?

I will Bred for War, Innocent Assimar and charatin

Triggvi

I took armor expert and innocent assimar. I was holding on too tight to my concept.

yesiroleplay

LOL - actually, I was thinking I was holding on to tight to the letter rather than the spirit of the rules.
You can keep the original traits if you like,whichever you decide.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on February 28, 2013, 12:38:26 PM
LOL - actually, I was thinking I was holding on to tight to the letter rather than the spirit of the rules.
You can keep the original traits if you like,whichever you decide.
You are awesome. I will make the changes.

Thanks

RubySlippers

Blinkin

Is Lydia acceptible for the game? Just want to know if I need to make any changes.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Blinkin on February 28, 2013, 03:46:04 PM
Is Lydia acceptible for the game? Just want to know if I need to make any changes.
She's good to go, though I didn't add up the skill points they do look right.

I see da hippie still hasn't got around to his character, as it's still based on a 25-pt buy.

So that's two characters ready to go, one due anytime, and one that hippyness will get to when he has time.

Triggvi

Mine is ready to go. Glabrous Hellion steps on the field of glory.

TheRaven

I'm thinking about doing a party face with lots of out-of-combat stuff to do. How does a Detective Bard sound?
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

yesiroleplay

Hippy is playing a bard, but there's plenty of archetypes to go around in the class.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hippyness

Updated and hopefully finished. I really try to do things in one go so if there is anything missing, give me a heads up.

Triggvi

The bard looks cool. Doesn't touch AC include dex bonus?

RubySlippers

I need to finish up mostly weapons and some things no biggy and a background.

hippyness

Quote from: Triggvi on March 02, 2013, 12:27:20 AM
The bard looks cool. Doesn't touch AC include dex bonus?

Yeah... I was using Flat Footed Touch, instead of just Touch. -_-

Triggvi

Triggvi

Blinkin

Ok, so... I see the characters created on the sites. Unfortunately, I can't use those sites myself, so everything is in a post.

What I didn't see was anything about the characters themselves... personality and so on. Since they are all from a relatively small town, or been living in said town for some time, it would make sense that if they don't know each other well, they probably have heard the name or seen them about town...

Anyone want to share?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Triggvi

So far we have entertaining gladiator, diplomatic bard and wizard with fetishes. This ramping up to be a fun game.

Triggvi

Triggvi

Quote from: Blinkin on March 02, 2013, 09:53:26 AM
Ok, so... I see the characters created on the sites. Unfortunately, I can't use those sites myself, so everything is in a post.

What I didn't see was anything about the characters themselves... personality and so on. Since they are all from a relatively small town, or been living in said town for some time, it would make sense that if they don't know each other well, they probably have heard the name or seen them about town...

Anyone want to share?
I did the character profiler because our gm likes the sheets. I am happy to share personality stuff.

yesiroleplay

Waiting for Ruby to finish up her sheet, and to see if we have everyone before we start play.

Triggvi

Quote from: Triggvi on March 02, 2013, 05:30:56 AM
Here is the Plothook link to Glabrous Hellion

Glabrous Hellion

Equipment all done on the Profiler character sheet.

RubySlippers

Triggvi

I am wondering if we should do a separate character thread?

RubySlippers

Triggvi

RubySlippers

I made some changes obviously she is a wizard but able to beat things up with her quaterstaff or daggers, and is going to be able to wear light armor with a feat at 3rd level. I plan to save up for a mithral shirt for then. Well no use wasting magic if your just fighting one orc at some point a basic beat down may make more sense.  >:)

Triggvi

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 03, 2013, 12:48:35 PM
I made some changes obviously she is a wizard but able to beat things up with her quaterstaff or daggers, and is going to be able to wear light armor with a feat at 3rd level. I plan to save up for a mithral shirt for then. Well no use wasting magic if your just fighting one orc at some point a basic beat down may make more sense.  >:)

Good idea. Being able to properly handle a staff is important.

Healergirl

*delurking for a moment8

Handling a staff.... more than one way to read that.  With level cap at 6, social skills, administrative skills get real important.  For really dangerous/involved objectives, henchmen will be a must-have!

Triggvi

Quote from: Healergirl on March 03, 2013, 12:53:26 PM
*delurking for a moment8

Handling a staff.... more than one way to read that.  With level cap at 6, social skills, administrative skills get real important.  For really dangerous/involved objectives, henchmen will be a must-have!
I had the same thoughts myself. My gladiator has social skill for that reason.

Healergirl

Triggvi,

This looks very interesting.  I skimmed page one and page five, I will have to red the whole thread more crefully.

Triggvi

Had idea concerning hit point roles. Because we will only have 6 hit dice, i was thinking it might be a good idea to make minimum role of half hit die. This would bring the average HP up a little but not effect the maximums at all.
d6 would have a minimum of 3, d8 would be 4, d10 would be 5.

I wanted to throw that out and see what people thought of that?

Blinkin

I've always prefered to give 1st level max HP just to give them a chance of surviving to 2nd level. In the end, the difference is minimal at best.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

hippyness

One group I played with came up with an idea (in 3.5 that we upped for Pathfinder).

Everyone rolls a d6. Then you add the difference from 6 to your classes Hit Die. So mages add 0 (d6 hit die), rogues and bards and such add 2 (d8 hit die), Fighters would add 4 (d10) and barbarians would add a huge 6 (d12).

This insures that the warriors stay ahead of the paper mages but that everyone still has a variance in hit points, but the mage will never have more HP (as has happened... damned 2's -_-)

Also, we could add racial HP if we need a bonus on top of everything else.

Triggvi

Quote from: Blinkin on March 03, 2013, 09:40:23 PM
I've always prefered to give 1st level max HP just to give them a chance of surviving to 2nd level. In the end, the difference is minimal at best.
This would be for the hit dice after first. 2nd through 6th.

Blinkin

I'm not sure that I get the D6 thing... is the added difference added onto a regular HD roll, or is that the increased HP? Example, is all that the fighter gets at 2nd, 3rd and so on 4 HP a level, or is it added to a regular roll, say a roll of 4 on a D10, then add 4 and your con bonus?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

yesiroleplay

I wouldn't worry greatly about hp - you get max at 1st and roll thereafter.
But....
While I plan on level advancement be very slow indeed, other benefits both social and combat be forthcoming.
Suffice to say, if the Barbarian rolls a 1 on d12, he won't be stuck with it forever.

Triggvi

Quote from: Triggvi on March 03, 2013, 10:10:05 AM
I am wondering if we should do a separate character thread?
Do we want to get all the current characters in one place? Character thread?

TheRaven

A link to Seldlon Halems, consulting detective.

Biography (written in character)
Are you familiar with the term "Forlorn?" With a capital "F?" Unless you're an elf, I'd suspect the answer is "no." Well, I'm one of them. We're the elves who grow up in human cities. If we're lucky, we might end up being similar to our Kyonin cousins, minus the patience. Otherwise we usually end up as cynics. Take a wild guess as to which one I ended up as.

But then again, the slums of Taldor will quite often turn a wide-eyed idealist into a hard-bitten cynic within a few months. Seeing generations of friends grow up and die is pretty bad for that, too. So, I took up travel. I made enough cash picking pockets and made a break out of the city. I saw it all, did it all... well, in terms of professional work, anyway. You see, tradesmen are always looking for apprentices. Tradesmen often have places to stay and eat for their apprentices. Hey, it was life on the run. I did what I could.

Funny thing about the travel was that I started to learn about places. I started to learn about people, how to read them, how to read the world around me. Another thing I discovered was that people rarely looked twice at a performer. And so, I started to perform. I went with something portable and pleasing: an instrument I found in the River Kingdoms. When people ask me what I do, I tell them I'm kind of like the Sleepless Agency detectives, but cheaper. I'm a consulting detective.

Personality
Seldlon is cynical; he expects the worst in people, a tendency built up from over a century of usually being proven right when he did. He can be charming when he likes, and is perfectly capable of using his attractiveness to his advantage, but it's a facade he uses in order to get what he wants. At heart he's cold and detached from the world around him, with freedom and entertainment for himself as his ultimate goals in life. His usual vices include brunettes and cider, both to excess.

His freedom is what matters the utmost to him, and whoever pays for his services is the one making sure that he gets to have it. Admittedly, there are some  Seldlon strives for his survival and liberty with both efficiency and chilling amorality. At one point in his life, he was in love. He leaves it out of accounts of his life because it ended poorly. If there's one thing that he detests besides being imprisoned, it's being bored. Another point that Seldlon makes is to try to stay discreet. After all, as a private detective, the last thing he needs is a public image.

RubySlippers

How about a choice roll the die for hit points or take the average plus con?  For example a Wizard would get 3 Hit Points plus con if any, a fighter 5 Hit Points plus con if any etc.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 03, 2013, 11:36:52 PM
How about a choice roll the die for hit points or take the average plus con?  For example a Wizard would get 3 Hit Points plus con if any, a fighter 5 Hit Points plus con if any etc.
That's actually my usual/typical way of doing hit points in regular Pathfinder or DnD
I think a straight roll is better for this game.  As I mentioned there are remedies for poor rolls

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 03, 2013, 11:39:31 PM
That's actually my usual/typical way of doing hit points in regular Pathfinder or DnD
I think a straight roll is better for this game.  As I mentioned there are remedies for poor rolls
My only concern is that remedy is worse than the original problem. Lol

RubySlippers

Well I can always take Toughness at 6th level for a +6 hp boost.

Triggvi

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 04, 2013, 08:49:40 AM
Well I can always take Toughness at 6th level for a +6 hp boost.

You have a point.

I did some editing to Glabrous, I changed and added more to his story and change one of his traits.

yesiroleplay

Basically - I think a barbarian rolling a 1 on his d12 is a great roleplay opportunity - and I don't plan on combat being so challenging that rolling a 1 becomes a death penalty.
The fighter that hits like a tank, but has a glass jaw is more interesting than an unstoppable death-machine.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 04, 2013, 01:25:03 PM
Basically - I think a barbarian rolling a 1 on his d12 is a great roleplay opportunity - and I don't plan on combat being so challenging that rolling a 1 becomes a death penalty.
The fighter that hits like a tank, but has a glass jaw is more interesting than an unstoppable death-machine.
I was teasing a bit because you made it so nebulous and sinister. Smiles.

Triggvi

Besides, I don't think any of us created an unstoppable death machine. We all have a fair amount of social skills even the gladiator.

I also throw a hook or two into his backstory if you want to have fun with them at some point.

I am looking forward to the game
Triggvi

Blinkin

Why I love rangers so much. You can reach out and touch someone before they can touch you with something that'll leave long, unsightly scars. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Triggvi

Quote from: Blinkin on March 04, 2013, 02:36:06 PM
Why I love rangers so much. You can reach out and touch someone before they can touch you with something that'll leave long, unsightly scars. ;)
Rangers are very enjoyable. The number of skill points make them a skilled combat class.

Arrows don't normally leave huge scars. After all they create puncture wounds more than slashes. Blades do a better job than that.

Triggvi

Right now we seem to be short on divine healing.
We have:
A wizard
A ranger
2 bards
A gladiator

RubySlippers

Triggvi

They do but not the levels clerics can get plus the channeling abilities are nice too.

Healergirl

*delurking*

A suggestion:  Divine healing, or a semi divine Healer should be available to handle injuries the Bard's can't deal with.  For a price.  Not money, but services, debts and obligations. 

The adventure hooks just write themselves!

hippyness

I typically use wands to make up for the shortness in a bard's healing.

Healergirl

*nods*  The pocket healer!

Depends on whether such wands exist, depends on the tone of the game the Gm want's to run.

Blinkin

The only problem with an NPC healer and healing for services is that said healing will not be around if you're 30 miles from town and at negative HP after a fight. I've played in a campaign where we had no healer and while ressurections are wonderful, the "Services" or price for it kept the party so deep in debt that the game finally failed because everyone got tired of working for the church all of the time and never having anything else to do.

A wand of healing is nice, it has charges, but between that and bard's minor talents, it'll probably work. The bards won't have anything else but healing spells most of the time. ;)

There's a ranger archetype that allows druid spells, but at 6th as the max level, it would only be 1 spell a day and you loose some nice ranger perks for it. Although, I'm willing to adjust the character to take those options if it would help the party.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

I am an Arcane Crafter school wizard at the end of 6th leve if I take Toughness then I will have: Scribe Scrolls, Craft Wonderous Items and Craft Magic Arms & Armor as feats I can make with the help of the bards a few reuseable healing charms even at 3rd Level say Cure Light Wounds 1x/day or something. And a bard can learn Brew Potion there we have access to various healing potions. I plan to pick up other item creation feats with xp after that. Its my one way around the issues of a wizard in this game make cool magic items to fill in and add to ones arsenal.

Its all in how you think about getting around these little problems.  ;D

Oh are we going to start soon?

yesiroleplay

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 05, 2013, 10:14:02 AM
I am an Arcane Crafter school wizard at the end of 6th leve if I take Toughness then I will have: Scribe Scrolls, Craft Wonderous Items and Craft Magic Arms & Armor as feats I can make with the help of the bards a few reuseable healing charms even at 3rd Level say Cure Light Wounds 1x/day or something. And a bard can learn Brew Potion there we have access to various healing potions. I plan to pick up other item creation feats with xp after that. Its my one way around the issues of a wizard in this game make cool magic items to fill in and add to ones arsenal.

Its all in how you think about getting around these little problems.  ;D

Oh are we going to start soon?
Sadly, I'll probably not get us started until this weekend.  But I am churning plans over in my head!

And Item Creation feats are great fodder for roleplay!  Gathering materials, learning formulae, finding the time, having the damned neighbor's cat (neighbor's damned cat?) tip over the cauldron just at the wrong time...

Hehe

RubySlippers

Well some items will be easier than others, but yes a +1 Flaming sword might have some interesting demands on materials.

I will double check my character but she seems good to go.

Triggvi

hippyness

Triggvi

Quote from: hippyness on March 10, 2013, 02:22:10 PM
I have the same fear.
Either we need to strongarm a new gm. Oops i mean recruit a new gm or one of us runs the game or we all take turns.

Blinkin

I'm afraid that it looks dead, and I don't know the system well enough to actually run it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

yesiroleplay

I did mean to start the game this yesterday, but what I announced was this weekend.
I still have time.  Working on the opening posts now.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 10, 2013, 03:37:45 PM
I did mean to start the game this yesterday, but what I announced was this weekend.
I still have time.  Working on the opening posts now.
So what is happening?

RubySlippers

Is this game going anywhere if not I'm re-bumping it to look for a GM and players to play.

Blinkin

I'm still here and interested, but not qualified in any way to GM it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Triggvi

RubySlippers

And I want more flexibility on source materials such as Exalted characters and more classes etc.

Triggvi

Flexibility is a great thing. I argued for it in the begining of this game. I want at least 20 build points.

RubySlippers

I picked up some of the books I would consider sharing GM duties since I want to play maybe in two side-by-side campaigns say three players per group. One GM with a character in the group they are not GM in.

Antipaladin of Calista

"And the lord said-"

F*** this S*** I aint sittin' around and lettin' B***** die while i eat my damned candy!

"He then pulled out a set of dice and threw them at the world. After they crashed in Russia he realized this was a bad idea as all the level 30 god killing players rushed for it."

H*** Na! Repent fo'yo greedy way b****.

"And so, the players were reduced to level six, comparable to the characters in LotR and all was good."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys, I love the d6 rule mod and would be happy to GM for you. So why dont you guys be super people who dont afraid of anything and put your characters in the forum. If you could put them in http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php that would be great and based on what you have I'll make a campaign.

Blinkin

Ummm... hate to say this, but neither Mythweavers nor plothook are accessible with my accessible software. Can't use them. If this will be a problem, I'll withdraw my character and wish everyone a good game. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Blinkin on March 26, 2013, 09:44:31 PM
Ummm... hate to say this, but neither Mythweavers nor plothook are accessible with my accessible software. Can't use them. If this will be a problem, I'll withdraw my character and wish everyone a good game. :)

Not so fast! Your not off the hook that easy. Type it in. You heard me. Type your character's stats, gear, all of it into the text box in a relatively pleasing fashion

Triggvi

My character is already in plothook.

Glabrous Hellion

RubySlippers

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 26, 2013, 09:13:35 PM
"And the lord said-"

F*** this S*** I aint sittin' around and lettin' B***** die while i eat my damned candy!

"He then pulled out a set of dice and threw them at the world. After they crashed in Russia he realized this was a bad idea as all the level 30 god killing players rushed for it."

H*** Na! Repent fo'yo greedy way b****.

"And so, the players were reduced to level six, comparable to the characters in LotR and all was good."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys, I love the d6 rule mod and would be happy to GM for you. So why dont you guys be super people who dont afraid of anything and put your characters in the forum. If you could put them in http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php that would be great and based on what you have I'll make a campaign.

Okay, get on it.

Triggvi

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 26, 2013, 10:39:19 PM
Can you give me a link?
You have it already. Click on the name and that is the link.

The Link (Glabrous Hellion)

TheRaven

Still here and still willing to put forth the same character.

Blinkin

I'm still here, although I don't even remember what character I had offered... time to go back through the thread!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Antipaladin of Calista

Alright kiddies open your mouths and get on your knees in preparation for the bitter sweet goodness of my news. (Note: may be sticky)

Ive got good news and bad news.

Good news: I have a campaign in mind that focuses on a city that has something for everyone's character.

Bad news: Some (and by some I mean all ones.) Are going to have to take a seat for this one. Everyone at Lv one will have to pick one of the following classes:
-Adept
-Aristocrat
-Commoner
-Expert
-Warrior

Why you ask? Because e6 is about stepping back from being a superhero and playing average Joe trying to survive. Don't worry, the game will still be crazy fun. That said its not forever. Most people are never called to arms and those that do are often real masters. What does this mean for the players? Well it means a little change to the normal e6 format. You will have to start with one level of being normal, but by the time you hit second you will be filling out the role of the class you want. I.E. When you would normaly hit second level you can take the first level of the class you wanted without penalty. Sound good? Here is an Example:

Jack grew up in the town as the son of a blacksmith.  He always dreamed of battling monsters with the tools he made instead of just forging them.

The break down: This means that Jack is a Lv 1 Commoner.

However after his village was raided and he was forced to fight he was inspired by Torag to protect others. Seeing the devotion of Jack to this new cause Torag blessed him, making him a holy warrior.

The break down: Jack now has 1 lv commoner and 1 lv paladin.

So what do you, the players, think of this? Does it interest you or should I come up with something else?

yesiroleplay

I really like the idea - it's got a lot in common with the old 0-level commoners from AD&D
- one question:  does the NPC class count toward your six levels?  because there is a LOT of difference between a 6th-level player class and a 5th-level player class + 1 NPC level

I'd suggest something like - you keep the extra skills and any BAB and Saves you got from the NPC class, but your hit points at - let's call it level 1.5 - are max HP of the player class.
or simply make the level cap at 7th, but one level has to be the starting NPC class.

Antipaladin of Calista

The NPC level doesn't count towards the six player lvs. its like a lv 0 class. Players will like it because its extra health and skill points.

RubySlippers

Antipaladin of Calista

im thinking maybe somewhere around 12-ish. We'd want them to be fairly normal with maybe one or two special qualities.

Triggvi

I am out. I spent too much time working up a character for that, sorry.

Blinkin

Why not just call it 0th level and they have to earn... oh 1K EXP to get to 1st. They still get the extra HP and skill ranks, but there's no confusion about if they can get to 6th... what about feats? As some of these are 1st level class feats, should they be used?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

12ish,12 point buy - depends on the campaign you know to just use magic at a peak level you need a 13 so its not a big deal and there are feats to raise them in the E6 rules.

Its good enough for me can have a character posted today.

Blinkin

I didn't mind the step back to what amounts to a zero level state, I've done that more than once in AD&D. But I'm very wary of the decision to cut the point buy in half. That means a recreation of character concepts and basically creating a new character. I'll have to give this serious thought. I've never agreed with the concept that player characters are heroes, but I also think that having to spend valuable feat slots to make characters compitent enough to "do" things is asking too much if it's to fix a low point buy.For non-humans, there's only 3 feat openings as it is.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

RubySlippers

Its up to the all-knowing and all-powerful GM, low fantasy-ish is fine for me or if you go to regular fantasy say 15 points on the point buy. Or keep the thread going maybe another GM will offer to run a higher point buy game while we get into this one or not.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Blinkin on March 29, 2013, 04:50:36 AM
Why not just call it 0th level and they have to earn... oh 1K EXP to get to 1st. They still get the extra HP and skill ranks, but there's no confusion about if they can get to 6th... what about feats? As some of these are 1st level class feats, should they be used?

To keep it simple I prefer the 1st Level NPC Class/Character Class just pretend the NPC class is part of the Character Classes and its not counted.

EDIT: My sheet so far is still under construction, used one of the human racial options and arcane school selection to beef her up. Transmutation is always a good school it has the most spells and makes her a bread and butter sort of wizard.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=542965

Blinkin

Ok, a reworked character sheet for the previously offered character... Enjoy (I can't use Mythweavers and Plothook i still being adapted for my use)

Name: Lydia Redfern         Player: Blinkin
Race: Half-Elf            Sex: Female
Class: Expert            Favored Class: Ranger/fighter
Level: 1            EXP: 000
Alignment: CG         Next Level: 2,000

Physical Description:
Lydia could be best described as a striking woman of unusual beauty.  A mass of rich chestnut colored hair falls about her face and shoulders in curly locks; framing a lightly tanned face that’s dominated by slightly upturned almond shaped Sky blue eyes. Slightly pouty lips under a straight nose and a firm, almost stubborn chin completes her visage.  An athletic figure with a combination of soft curves and firm muscles is accentuated with generous C-cup breast, a slender, toned waist and flaring out into rounded hips and rear. Long, lean legs and well worked arms complete the image. She is most often seen in well made, serviceable, if not overly expensive clothing in natural colors.

Personality:
Lydia is a woman who enjoys life with a zest that could leave some winded simply by watching her. A constant, vibrant energy seems to infuse her every breath and she firmly believes that life is meant to be lived, people anoyed and humor above all is to be encouraged. If you’re as likely as not to die tomorrow, live for today! A relatively good natured person, she is as much at home in a crowd of people in a tavern as she is in the wilds of the forest as she tracks evil beings wherever she might find them.

Background:
Lydia is the only child of parents with a serious taste of wonderlust and desire to see what was around the next hill; settling down only long enough to restore their supplies, make some more coin and gather up items to sell in the next town or settlement that they came to.

When Lydia was in her early teens, her family was set upon by an Orc band and it was, as to be expected, a slaughter. Her parents were killed and Lydia left for dead among the wreckage of the wagon and supplies. Lost and alone, she continued along the roadway and avoided the same band of bandits only by shere luck before she was found by a older ranger and taken under his wing just outside the town of Sandy Point. As time went on, Lydia became an not uncommon sight in the forest and surrounding lands as she learned her craft and made decent bows to sell in town from time to time for the extra coin.

Ability Scores:
STR:12  (+1) Carry: L: 43, M: 86, H: 130
DEX:14 (+2)
WIS: 12 +1)
CHA: 12 (+1)

Saving Throws:            Combat:
Fort: +1               HP: 9/9
Reflex: +2            Init: +4
Will: +3               Speed: 30’

Offense:               Defense:
Base Attack:+2            AC: 12
Base Damage: +1            AC (Flatfooted): 10
Ranged: +2               AC (Touch):12
CMB:+1            CMD: +12
None

Class Skills:  (6+INT)
4   Climb(STR)    (3+1)
7   Craft: Bows(INT) (3+1+2+1)
5   Handle Animal (CHA) (3+1+1)
5   Knowledge: Nature (INT) (3+1+1)
5   Knowledge; Geography (INT) (3+1+1)
7   Perception (WIS) (3+1+2+1( (9 in natural surroundings)
4   Profession (Bower/Fletcher) (INT) (3+1)
6   Stealth (DEX) (3+2+1)
5   Survival (WIS)(3+1+1)
4 Swim (Str) (3+1)

Languages: Common, Elven, Orc,

Feats:
(RF=Racial Feat, CF=Class Feature)

Pin-Point Shot
Traits/racial traits:
Elven Immunities: Immune to magical sleep and +2 vs charm spells/effects.
Keen Senses (+2 to perception
Lowlight vision, 60 ft
Elf Blood (count as both races for effects related to race)
Drow Magic: Can cast as Spell like Ability 1x day at class level:
Darkness: CT: 1, Range: Touch, Target: 1 object, Dur: 1 minn/lvl
Fairy Fire: CT: 1, Range: 400 +40ft/lvl, Target: Creatures within 5ft burst, Dur: 1 min/lvl -20 to stealth
Dancing lights: CT: 1, Range 100+10/lvl, 4 lights in 10 ft, Dur: 1 min/lvl
Elven Reflexes (+2 to Init)
Eyes of the Wild (+2 Perception in natural surroundings)

Coin:
GP13
SP:4
CP: 5

Equipment:
Longbow, Composite(+1 STR): Dam: 1D6, Crit: x3, Wt:3, ngR: 110’  Cost: 33.3 gp
Dagger: Dam: 1D4, Crit: 19-20 x2, Wt: 1, Rng: 10‘, Cost: 2 gp
Studded Leather Armor: AC: +3, Dex Max: +5, Check Penalty: -1, Wt: 200 Cost: 25 gp

Arrows, Durable(21): 6 lbs, 7 gp
Canteen: 1 lb, 2 GP
Blanket, Common(x2): 2 lbs, 2 SP
Kit, Ranger: 28 lbs, 9 GP
Outfit, Explorer’s(x2): 2 lbs, 1 GP
String(50’): .5 lbs, 1 CP
Tools, Bow  (MW): 5 lbs, 55 GP (+2 to craft rolls)
   GP Spent:134.74
Total Weight: 66.5 lbs
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

I'm not sure what the GM wants (sigh) the npc classes are under the rules for npc's and we are pc's.

Seems to me this is going to be an issue since we will end up either one level less on our pc class or 7th character level breeching the E6 cap.

Blinkin

That's why I was asking about the 0th level option. Aside from working to reach 2nd level twice, the NPC class doesn't give you very much to begin with and there's a reason why games start at 1st level. Still, a GM is a GM is a GM.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

yesiroleplay

I like the 0-level idea.  And since it is zero level, you don't start with a feat.  Skills and saves and BAB are all great little perks for playing pre-1st-level.  And I assume first comes when the GM decides, and not at some arbitrary amount of XP. 

RubySlippers

Okay any chance of a GM willing to run a normal game using E6 and lots of DnD 3.5 options like Exalted characters?

As for this offered game if I do go npc I have no clue which one at this point. :/ 

Antipaladin of Calista

Sorry, I didnt realize that that idea was going to spin so many heads. On second thought I guess just forget it, we can just use the characters we started with. I hate to do that to all of you, but it seems like the easiest solution.

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 29, 2013, 03:52:48 PM
Sorry, I didnt realize that that idea was going to spin so many heads. On second thought I guess just forget it, we can just use the characters we started with. I hate to do that to all of you, but it seems like the easiest solution.

I will use my new Wizard but not sure of buy points now your the GM make some final decisions and I'll do a character.

Blinkin

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 29, 2013, 03:34:55 PM
I like the 0-level idea.  And since it is zero level, you don't start with a feat.  Skills and saves and BAB are all great little perks for playing pre-1st-level.  And I assume first comes when the GM decides, and not at some arbitrary amount of XP.

Hmmm, in AD&D (I have next to no experience with any D&D beyond 2nd Ed), there were rules for 0 level characters and an EXP amount that signified advancing to 1st level. Somehow, as 0 level was not used very often, I doubt that either system took it into account.

I think that there isn't a pre-1st level is because 1st level is suppose to represent the beginning of adult life. You've served your apprenticeship, training or whatever you need to from about the age of 13 to 18-20 (for humans) and you've decided that you're ready to go out into the world with the bare minimum to keep you from hurting yourself accidently... as death rates for 1st to 3rd level is suppose to be somewhat high, those "few" who survive it have something to say, "Been there." You've already been the lord's son, or the commoner, or the scribe for some wizard who decided to teach you a few cantrips before you actually get a "real" spell.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. As a 0 level character, I agree that there wouldn't be a feat, but it's been stated that it's 1st... wonder if that means another feat when you hit 1st level again? lol ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.