News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laz

So let's Summarize this shall we so that people wont get too confused anymore,

For Now This is what I have interpreted from the existing Biographies.

Kuje's Character: Basically a typical normal girl becoming a respected Robotic Architect/Designer

Xunzar's Character: Basically a Human Aristocrat, He has the money and Reputation.

Johnny's Character: A Rogue Monk, with a Metallic Gauntlet replacing his severed hand, and has an unknown magical prowess.

My Character: Mad Scientist masquerading as a well known Psychologist which surprisingly he does very well.

Did I get anything Wrong? Please do tell. anyways this sums it up.

Xunzar

The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Fairly concise.

I'm still working on smoothing out the rough edges with Johnny in private.  Xun is going to need to be involved with the automatons somehow to justify his family's position.

And I haven't figured out how I want to deal with what Axiom's equivalent of money would be.

So, Xun... about this bit:

QuotePhysical: Markus stands two inches.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Xunzar

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 24, 2011, 05:57:50 AM
Fairly concise.

I'm still working on smoothing out the rough edges with Johnny in private.  Xun is going to need to be involved with the automatons somehow to justify his family's position.

And I haven't figured out how I want to deal with what Axiom's equivalent of money would be.

So, Xun... about this bit:

Should have read Six feet two inches...hrm...
The list below is mostly up to date. To be honest, you can assume there is little that is a hard no.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

*kisses back of her hand* Thank you for noticing.
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

<blushes and cants her head slightly as she fidgets>

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Still rather waiting on Aiko to come back and digest what I'm willing to compromise on, and what I'm not.

Want to work on your character... fine-tune the why and how behind his high-class position?

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Sure. I may vanish for a little bit, but if I do, I'll be back. What kinds o' questions does my Lady have?
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

I'm pretty sure I covered any "issues" I had a bit earlier in the topic.  I know I mentioned something about needing to be integrated with the automatons to have a high-class position established.  You could mull on those possibilities and toss some back at me when you have the time.

I'd also like your thoughts on what sort of currency you'd imagine to be established on Axiom.  You are my first character to have something to do specifically with wealth and associated status.  Are we trying to find an equivalent to the trade and valuing of gold (which doesn't exist on Axiom); is there some type of "valuable" metal that's mined along with the metals used to make the automatons, perhaps?  Is value placed in something else entirely?  How is it integral to trade and wealth?

Another thing I noticed was the mention of boarding school.  This is a whole other world, so I'd like you to be a little more creative concerning your education.  You can use that as an inspiration for what went on therein the premises, but expound and think of something else to call it?

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

Markus is somewhat integrated with the robots because he is involved with the trading of iron, carbon and perhaps brass (or is that an alloy too?) and so on. In other words, the things used to make the robots. Essentially he trades in currency (iron and carbon, the key parts of steel).

I'm not sure quite what happened at the boarding school. It was on a small island far away from the major cities. A couple of robot instructors on the various sciences and humans for the rest. It was a place for the scions of rich families to be educated. The food was pretty awful, which is part of the reason he enjoys good food and drink now, and there were no women, which is why he enjoys the company of women now (just as company, mind. Other reasons exist, but are not relevant here). The grounds themselves were mostly forest-y, though the buildings were full of brass clockwork.

Anything else, m'Lady?
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

I was hoping to have different terminology.  There's still the hangup with very earth-based concepts.

You have very good base concepts, but how could we expound on that and make it sound less like Earth and more like Axiom?

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

So you want to call the things by different names? Or do you want things like steel to be made of different elements (or made up ones)?
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

Well, I'm not talking anything outlandish, or to go so far as to rename the entire periodic table!  Just bend the names a bit and see what comes of it.  This RP is supposed to be an alternative dimension.  In theory, some things might coincidentally turn out to be called the same thing, but most things are going to be differentiated.

I really want there to be more creativity put into the education, for sure... both for the name and for the system itself.

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

I'm not really sure, unless humans learn differently in Axiom, I can't see how you can alter the way you teach them too much. Perhaps you'd like some giant brass learning engine that pumps knowledge directly into the brains of the students?
A list of kinks

ClockworkShadow

No, not like that.  But you mentioned some human and some automaton teachers.  So they are teachers.  How do the teachers cooperate together, given that automatons are higher on a hierarchical scale?  What subjects (specific to Axiom) do they teach?  Things like that. 

These are things which really round out the background for a character, and they are things that can help others with their characters if they choose to model yours.

You're the first to touch on human education and wealth, but I now I need executable details.  Details are tasty.

A/A

o_O

Xunzar

*laughs*

Well, the robots need the human teachers to deal with anything that isn't strictly factual. Essentially, they use humans to teach things like history, several of the sciences (such as the more obscure parts of physics), much of the complex economics and all the psychology. The robots are only able to teach math and chemistry with any real success because those require no intuition or creativity to understand fully.

The robots have to work with the human teachers to explain the reasons that robots are superior, since the robots are able to articulate it logically, but that isn't enough for a human brain to assimilate the knowledge in question. It requires someone able to think like a human to shape the information in ways that a human being can absorb.

As for wealth, it is essentially the same as on earth. After all, the robots have no real need for most luxuries, they have the power, but not much wealth since they don't need it. Taxes fund the robots' needs for creating new things since wealth is based on the elements used to construct new robots and machines. The saying "worth its weight in Ferricite" is literal.

How's that?
A list of kinks

Aikochan

Ok I have one last concept I can do with this...

She could look like a real doll compared to human looking. Sorta like a china doll or plastic aka fake looking and too flawless in that aspect to be human at all? So this way now she is no longer human looking period..

Another idea on how to transfer her into the doll... Is simple... This is taken out of Bubble Gum Crisis type (its not as advanced as cyberpunk)

They download her brain into the doll but its just infomation so there is no transfer of soul so my character dies and its just a copy of her brain, memories, and personality. So really the doll is not her now but its a copy of her. How much can go there is up to who ever could do the transfer... All its doing now is making a program of my mine and updating the doll's central programing.. So my character dies off and I play the doll then.. I just want her to be able to be pretty be it extremely doll like or not. I don't have to do humaniod as long as she doesn't look like a walking peice of metal..

Now then this way this changes the whole thing of what I wanted. I limited it by about 90% of what I wanted.

As long as A. I get to playing dieing human
B. Play a doll after death
C. That its pretty even if it does not mean she looks human anymore of a concept.

Is that way better? I am going off more of a base of what johnny is saying, and what you said clockworkshadow of transfering her into the shell.. Well its no longer transfering.. Its just turning her memories and such into raw computer code basicly, well automation code and putting it in as an update like updating windows 7 as an example. Now her brain is just like a text document that be copy and pasted into anything.. So there is no soul transfering or even remvoing the brain nothing.. The doll is not the real character anymore but she could think she is? and can act accordingly.

I can't see why that would not work. cause everything you had a problem with is done..

The only thing thing that may be a problem is how to get the automation to look less as a plate face with slits for eyes and mouth..

Thats the only issuse I have here.. Couldn't my char be some kind of an exception and look more fake? like an actual doll (Of Any type)?

Living dolls should be more possible. than a humaniond android? Just as like a 1 time thing? Let me know what you think about this idea. Hope this is better.

Aikochan

I just can't do pure robot looking thing. I wish I could PM you clockworkshadow to be able to sit down and try to work something out... easier than this..

Laz

oh and Brass consists of Copper and Zinc, to make a new name for it just combine both. Zipper lol.

I'll pay you two Zippers for one slave.  ;D

Aikochan

huh? LOL Zipper? lol sorry

Laz does this sound like something clockwork will approve now? I mean I am really trying to go out of my way to meet her here but I want to play with everyone but I am not a steam punk fan, and I don't like cybernetics in certain characters aka since its a young girl concept of the shell type I wouldn't want cyber...

Wait I got an idea

The only thing I care about is her face, and hair... her whole body could be metallic looking...

Aikochan

It could be a wig that gives her hair, like an everyday wig that is just stabled on, and some kind of mask that gives her a doll like face? and the rest of her body feet to neck could be full metalics?

Then thats 100% legal

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Xunzar on June 24, 2011, 10:26:33 AM
*laughs*

Well, the robots need the human teachers to deal with anything that isn't strictly factual. Essentially, they use humans to teach things like history, several of the sciences (such as the more obscure parts of physics), much of the complex economics and all the psychology. The robots are only able to teach math and chemistry with any real success because those require no intuition or creativity to understand fully.

The robots have to work with the human teachers to explain the reasons that robots are superior, since the robots are able to articulate it logically, but that isn't enough for a human brain to assimilate the knowledge in question. It requires someone able to think like a human to shape the information in ways that a human being can absorb.

As for wealth, it is essentially the same as on earth. After all, the robots have no real need for most luxuries, they have the power, but not much wealth since they don't need it. Taxes fund the robots' needs for creating new things since wealth is based on the elements used to construct new robots and machines. The saying "worth its weight in Ferricite" is literal.

How's that?

Redirect terminology to automaton and it's aces.  Absolutely marvelous.  Though I think automatons could assist human teachers in more of the sciences.  Assist, though, not take over or have intentions of doing so.  And a teacher could be an exalted position in this society, for humans, because of that specific limitation on the automatons' parts.

Quote from: Laz on June 24, 2011, 10:57:11 AM
oh and Brass consists of Copper and Zinc, to make a new name for it just combine both. Zipper lol.

I'll pay you two Zippers for one slave.  ;D

I choked on my food, then I giggled for a while.  And, you know what?  Go with it... Zippa (makes me think of Frank Zappa).  One mineable metal's ID down.

@Aiko still reading your posts, give me a few.

A/A

o_O

Kuje

Quote from: Laz on June 24, 2011, 05:49:13 AM
So let's Summarize this shall we so that people wont get too confused anymore,

For Now This is what I have interpreted from the existing Biographies.

Kuje's Character: Basically a typical normal girl becoming a respected Robotic Architect/Designer

Did I get anything Wrong? Please do tell. anyways this sums it up.

Pretty dead on, but my char is also a "ambassador" when she gets time, or is asked. However, it's only a side job because she spends most of her time with the automatons and her drawings.