Happily Ever After...? I think not.

Started by indarkestknight, January 03, 2007, 12:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherri Tart

I was madly going through all the fairy tales I could think of and somehow I skipped that one.  Actually, that would be a perfect (and frightening) addition.  Suddenly, I'm thinking I want to switch from Alice to Beauty... hmm... *smiles shyly*  So many temptations, so little willpower.
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

indarkestknight

As far as both Alice and Beast go, it's up to you as the players. I provide ideas and suggestions, but, in the end, if you don't play what you want, you won't be as happy, so I won't be doing my GM job very well, will I?

*laughs*

And Cherri Tart? Don't feel limited by the original legends by any means. Perhaps in this incarnation, Alice could be Beast's Beauty.

Caustic

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 06, 2007, 04:18:48 PM
I was madly going through all the fairy tales I could think of and somehow I skipped that one.  Actually, that would be a perfect (and frightening) addition.  Suddenly, I'm thinking I want to switch from Alice to Beauty... hmm... *smiles shyly*  So many temptations, so little willpower.

... oh, really?
I can't say how glad I am to hear that.  *grin*
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Caustic on January 06, 2007, 06:23:54 PM
... oh, really?
I can't say how glad I am to hear that.  *grin*

the part about being Beauty or the part about having no willpower? *smile*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Glabrezubane on January 06, 2007, 06:18:50 PM
As far as both Alice and Beast go, it's up to you as the players. I provide ideas and suggestions, but, in the end, if you don't play what you want, you won't be as happy, so I won't be doing my GM job very well, will I?

*laughs*

And Cherri Tart? Don't feel limited by the original legends by any means. Perhaps in this incarnation, Alice could be Beast's Beauty.

*hand over mouth, trying not to giggle nervously*  The problem is, I have too many ideas fluttering through my head right now.  At some point in time I need to sit down and create a character - up until then I'm likley to be a bit wishy washy (although, to be fair, I'm starting to flesh out my Alice/(Beauty?) even as  I type) *looks thoughtful*  - to heck with the rest you you, I'm playing her the way I want to play her and no one can stop me!  *blushes, but stands firm* 

Thanks for the thoughts, Glabrezubane - I think I just needed a catalyst.   Now... being new here... should I PM you a character description?  When would you like it by?  Would you like some left over spagetti...? 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Caustic

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 06, 2007, 06:32:09 PM
the part about being Beauty or the part about having no willpower? *smile*

I'm just sayin'...  *smirk*  And can I have that character description, if you don't mind sharing?
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Cherri Tart

*eyes light up with excitment *As soon as I write it up, I'll send it to you, Caustic.

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Caustic

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 06, 2007, 06:39:42 PM
*eyes light up with excitment *As soon as I write it up, I'll send it to you, Caustic.

Same here.  Looking forward to it.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 06, 2007, 06:33:09 PM
*hand over mouth, trying not to giggle nervously*  The problem is, I have too many ideas fluttering through my head right now.  At some point in time I need to sit down and create a character - up until then I'm likley to be a bit wishy washy (although, to be fair, I'm starting to flesh out my Alice/(Beauty?) even as  I type) *looks thoughtful*  - to heck with the rest you you, I'm playing her the way I want to play her and no one can stop me!  *blushes, but stands firm* 

Thanks for the thoughts, Glabrezubane - I think I just needed a catalyst.   Now... being new here... should I PM you a character description?  When would you like it by?  Would you like some left over spagetti...? 

*grins* I've been there, believe me... I think we all have, at one point or another. I'm just glad you've taken this and run with it.

It'd be great to get the character outlines soon (Now that I think we have enough players, I'll PM some goddesses about getting a thread opened) by PM, but it isn't required. We'll probably try to get the game started sometime next weekend, so any time before then would be just fine. And, no, my dear, I'd rather have you... *wicked grin*

HairyHeretic

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I seem to be coming up blank on inspiration for a character. Time to start googling world fairytales.

Edit - Would a Sandman work? This one doesn't just bring sleep and dreams, no. He stays around to interact with them. He is an artist, a breeder and creator of dreams, using the canvas of the sleeper. Those finest ones he takes with him again when they wake, so they may be kept and admired forever. Or, if they're incomplete he can return to the dreamer and ensure they properly run their course. The best are played over and over again, as he savours the emotions of the dreamer.

Suitable?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Glabrezubane on January 06, 2007, 06:53:30 PM
*grins* I've been there, believe me... I think we all have, at one point or another. I'm just glad you've taken this and run with it.

It'd be great to get the character outlines soon (Now that I think we have enough players, I'll PM some goddesses about getting a thread opened) by PM, but it isn't required. We'll probably try to get the game started sometime next weekend, so any time before then would be just fine. And, no, my dear, I'd rather have you... *wicked grin*

Oh, yes - it's such a wonderful idea, how could I not?   Oh, and I think, that at some point in time, you probably will have me *smile*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

indarkestknight

Quote from: hairyheretic on January 06, 2007, 06:56:22 PMEdit - Would a Sandman work? This one doesn't just bring sleep and dreams, no. He stays around to interact with them. He is an artist, a breeder and creator of dreams, using the canvas of the sleeper. Those finest ones he takes with him again when they wake, so they may be kept and admired forever. Or, if they're incomplete he can return to the dreamer and ensure they properly run their course. The best are played over and over again, as he savours the emotions of the dreamer.

Suitable?

Most interesting... I like it. One of my favorite comics has been Neil Gaiman's Sandman, so I've no objections whatsoever, even though I doubt this Sandman and Morpheus shall be terribly similiar.

HairyHeretic

Only Neil Gaiman I've read is American Gods.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

DancerTamara

I know I've just gotten access today, but this drew my attention right away.  I adore faerie tales, especially the dark ones.  I'd like to be the robber maiden from The Snow Queen, all fierce and cruel, with her sharp knives and her captives and her penchant for torment.  I've always loved that bit from The Snow Queen.  I'm picturing her, visually, somewhat like the Tyrant from Barbarella.  

In case you're not familiar, here are a couple of pics-

AmberMK

I'll try to get a description for RRH out by next weekend then, though I am kinda busy until then.   ;)

Caustic

I love Barbarella... it still makes me laugh.

Goblinmoon

I"m still wondering how you're going to get them all to work together!

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Caustic on January 07, 2007, 07:12:02 PM
I love Barbarella... it still makes me laugh.

Actually, I love that movie - it's so over the top, but I love the sets and the fashions - wish I owned some of those outfits myself. 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

indarkestknight

The threat of mutual destruction is usually enough to pull together rag-tag groups...

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Glabrezubane on January 07, 2007, 11:25:27 PM
The threat of mutual destruction is usually enough to pull together rag-tag groups...

And if that doesn't work, he's threatened to throw away the keys on these damn chasity belts he's got us wearing *looks perplexed, a hairpin in one hand and skeleton key in the other*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

indarkestknight

Magical chastity belts. No picking these locks...*wicked grin*

Welcome onboard, DancerTamara! *grins* And the team seems to be getting more and more rag-tag...

Cherri Tart

*laughs*  it really is a rather motely crew.  *throws down her tools in disgust*  This is so unfair, Glabrezubane.  It was bad enough I had to promise you my first born.

O/O, Cherri Flavored

MechanicalImpulses

Whatever happens.... no one is messing with my Goddamn hat....
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0 Ons and offs

Switch with heavy submissive tendencies.

I found my cattleprod!

Cherri Tart

Quote from: MechanicalImpulses on January 07, 2007, 11:45:21 PM
   Whatever happens.... no one is messing with my Goddamn hat....

*Sneaks  up behind Mechi, pokes his hat with one finger, runs away giggling*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

MechanicalImpulses

::Cradles the hat in his arms::  It'll be alright...  I won't let anyone hurt you....
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0 Ons and offs

Switch with heavy submissive tendencies.

I found my cattleprod!