Vampire Gods Among Us: An Empty Throne

Started by ManofDawnLight, June 22, 2015, 03:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManofDawnLight

It's far, far into the future.  About ten thousand years, approximately.  The world is very different.  After the world almost destroyed itself in the Armageddon and then the Apocalypse to follow, new and terrifying creatures rose from the ashes to take control of a broken world.  And the species on top?  Vampires.  You will be playing one such creature.  All other species have been dominated and dubbed "slave races" by the vampires, which you will have your fair share control of.  Yes, you will have slaves kissing your immortal feet as you try to conquer the world.  Interested?

This is a game about power, darkness, evil, and subterfuge.  You live in a world as a god, but the other gods despise your power and wish you dead.  Even if that were possible, you will not give them such satisfaction.  You will thrive and you will rule the world.  Or at least that's what you think.

This game is not primarily focused on sex.  It's there, but it's not the reason for this game.  No, this game is about eloquent writing and mind games.  If you don't like typing paragraphs at a time, or if you just don't want to have to flesh out parts of this world using your own imagination, then it's not for you.  This is a chance to release your talents with little boundaries. 

It is a competition.  While it's freeform, the driving goal in all vampires is to become the new God King (ruler of all).  How do you win?  Simple: write.  The more you write, the more the other players will see if you're the one they should be supporting.  Now if you think that you can write how invincible and awesome you are and that all others shall have to bow down to you without even raising a finger, it won't happen.  I'm the GM, and if you try that, bad things will happen.  Trust me.  Manipulation and Time are the best tools you have.  Use them.  And on with the introduction...

"Long after the time of man, the world has become a very different place.  War had ravanged the lands over and over and over again, leaving only the most depraved or resilient species in its wake.  Genetic manipulation and mythological creatures had blurred together, bringing back the creatures of the night in an age of wonder and possibility.  Blood poured upon the soil, staining it with the pain of a billion souls.  The wronged demanded to be avenged.  Countries pushed science to the limits in order to keep the world barely alive whilst making new war machines to destroy their enemies.  The stalemate between perfection and utter oblivion lasted for eons, until one race rose above the rest.  Vampires.  At first, these beings were nothing more than mindless leeches with an unquenchable thirst.  After evolution and science took their roles, vampires attained a holy status and became living immortals upon the planet.  They were no longer monsters hiding in the shadows, but eclectic beings capable of higher thought and machinations beyond dreams.

"Of course, none of the other worldly powers immediately submitted to these new beings.  There were wars like there had never been before.  Thousands, Millions were slaughtered on the battlefields.  The stench of rotting corpses polluted the world;  trees rotted from the inside, crops yielded poisonous fruit, and the soil crusted and dried into sand.  Eventually, the other powers submitted to the immortals, allowing themselves to be governed by the once-human beings.  But there were only a handful left, and the lack of humans prevented the vampires from refilling their ranks.  So those few vampires left committed to a democracy governed by an elected King.  Every eon a vote would take place and a new immortal would be crowned.  As it was written, so it was.  For over five thousand years.

"During that time, science had allowed the mass cloning of braindead comma patients hooked up to incubators.  The vampires had an eternal supply of sustenance, allowing the humans to repopulate naturally.  Of course they had to be protected against the elements, so they became a slave race to their dark gods. 

"Eventually, every need of the vampires was sated.  And they became bored.  And then they became cruel.  They had to find new ways to entertain themselves.  War was one of those options.  The High Gods, or the original ruling vampires as they were called, would orchestrate the species they dominated into controlled wars.  Another option was sexual depravity in ways never before thought of with every creature that crawled up on the land.  The world became a wicked place.

"Upon the passing of their tenth eon of dominance, the ruling king for the last five eons King Primus had decided not to run.

"He was tired of his palace of sin and decided to remain in seclusion.  Not even his child race of Angels were tended to, allowing them to spread across the land and disappear.  Throughout time, six vampires had earned the title of Dark Gods, and each had a Throne upon which they dominated an entire species completely.  These vampires dared not directly attack one another for fear of Primus' rage, so they did nothing except wait for their time to shine.  On the last night of Primus' reign, he revealed to all that he had evolved into a higher being.  He dazzled his subjects with his new form, and along with the majority of his slave race, he left the world for a higher dimension.  The Dark Gods were left all alone without their long loved father.  What were they to do?

"A year has come and gone, and all but one Dark God has vanished due to some inexplicable reasons.  Selene, the Dark God of the Werewolves, is the last of the Throne Rulers, and while she is mighty, her rule is not supreme.  In the vampire City of Nod, many politicians have unified against her, preventing her from accepting the title God King.  To add to the confusion, Selene does not seem to directly want the title.  Her disinterest has allowed many other vampires to rise to power, and they certainly have no qualms of taking the empire of the undead for themselves. Another that holds sway is Persephone, who assumed control of the Fey Throne after the original leader committed suicide, but as she is not one of the original Dark Gods, she too has been met with resistance.  It seems the 'emperor's seat' is still vacant, and is open for anyone worthy."

*******************THE GAME********************

Step One, get an idea of what kind of vampire you would play.  Remember, your character lives in a time of mythology and science fantasy combining into one.
Step Two, choose which race you will have some dominance over.  Other than werewolves and the fey, the rest are free to dominate.  You'll have to create a House, of which you are the Patriarch (or not; perhaps you're an up and coming leader or rebel), and determine how you rule your portion of the slave race.  A single slave race can be chosen by more than one player, but please keep in mind that there are plenty of colors in the rainbow, and each is just as beautiful as the other.
Step Three, fill out your character sheet...

Player:
Name:
Appearance:
House:  (or Dark God Selene or Persephone that you serve)
Species:
Territory:
Personal History:
Weakness:

Step Four, have fun.  There are many possibilities in this world of the future, and it's all meant for our please.  So make a character, meet the others, and see who can make it to the top of the pyramid. 

THE RACES  (More Detailed Descriptions Coming Soon)

1.  Lycans (See Selene's Character Description for more specific information; coming soon)

While not the most successful species, they definitely do thrive in this broken world.  Their physiology makes them immune to most diseases and radiation, and their healing capabilities are off the charts.  Not to mention that their physical prowess and strength is far beyond that of a normal humans.  They do have culture and embrace an animistic religion, but they naturally have a distaste for technology and advanced cultures.  Also, on the nights of the full moon, they enter a berserker phase and attack anything that gets near them.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

2.  Ghosts

The lost souls trapped on this earth, they are mysterious, seclusive, and wholly vengeful.  They have formed governments and laws which to abide by, but they are wholly unorganized and very dangerous.  There are four main types of ghost: Vengeful, Guardian, Hungry, and Residual.  Vengeful exist for nothing other than to exact their revenge upon the living.  Guardians attach their non-corporeal forms to a specific location, person, or thing.  Hungries are demonic in nature, hungering for the fear of their victims.  Residuals are nothing more than an endlessly repeat of a part of the ghost's life, be it their death or even as simple as talking to someone not there anymore.   

3.  The Undead

There are two types of the Undead: Zombies and Ghouls.  Zombies are the result of biological warfare; a virus that infects the recently dead and "reanimates" them in order to continue spreading the disease.  They possess only basic instinctual though processes, can feel no pain, and will do everything in their power to consume the flesh of the living (which is how they spread the disease).  There are roaming hordes of the undead all over the planet, but the Dark Gods use their powers to control or disperse such gatherings. 

Ghouls are technically not completely dead.  They breathe, eat, and can die.  They simply gain sustenance from the flesh of the dead.  They do reproduce, but their newborns remain in a gelatinous blood sack underground until they are fully grown.  They can think like humans, but have no official culture as they are usually hunted as soon as possible whenever they are found.

4.  Draconians

Probably the most successful species in the planet, the Draconians are a result of genetic experimentation.  Their purpose was to combine the ancient bloodline of reptiles with humanity's as a way to help preserve the humans in at least some distant form.  They are very capable of higher thought, have extensive cultures along with developed cities, and have mastered the art of mechanical warfare.  Their major weaknesses are that they reproduce at a very slow rate, and their maturation takes twice as long as a humans.   What's worse is that they embrace warlike tendencies, believing that it is better for the weak to die young than be given the chance to reproduce.

5.  The Fey  (See Persephone's Character Description for specific details; coming soon)

Their origins are shrouded in darkness, as is exactly the nature of their power source.  They are capable of manipulating light, plant growth, fire, water movement, and wind.  Exactly how they are capable of doing such things in a scientific manner is unexplained, but there they are doing the impossible.  Their culture is vastly developed; a complicated language system, a well developed social class, and millennia old cities (the oldest being Arcadia).  They might actually have the advantage in world domination if they were not so xenophobic and apparently afflicted with numerous allergies.

6.  The Voltanesh

This is what humanity has come to.  While of course there is a growing population of healthy humans, thanks to the Dark Gods, the natural survivors have been afflicted with mutations caused by years of radioactive pollution and genetic manipulation.  The lowest of the social ranks are very unhealthy and rarely live past thirty.  The more "evolved" bloodlines are afflicted with numerous handicaps, but they have almost godlike abilities to make up for their shortcomings (such as telepathy and other psychic abilities).  They are too focused on curing their maladies and inner-conflicts to become a true threat...for now.

7.  The Djinn

Although there were banished from their homelands by the powers of Primus Omega long ago, his disappearance has reopened their portals to this world.  They are beings of sorcery, dreams, and fire.  They can change the world around them simply with their willpower, and they have very creative and dangerous imaginations.  The vampires that rule over this species have in the past been considered as failures, but this recent year has shown exactly what the Djinn can do when given enough time to think about it.

8.  The Titans

Another race forbidden to tread upon the mainlands of the vampire empire, these massive creatures hold power that could change the face of the planet if directed to do so.  They had been imprisoned on Antartica, but without the fear of Primus, they have come to conquer again.  Some are merely mindless mountains smashing anything that annoys them.  Others are beautifully crafted, sentient beings capable of beautiful thoughts.  And the rest have a more human resemblance and are generally smaller in stature.  Their numbers are very small compared to the other species, but their immense power quite makes up for it.

When enough players have come in, I'll give more detailed descriptions on these races.  I might even let the players themselves write it up.  Just depends on how creative their character sheets are.
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

Angie

Out of an absolutely INSANE curiosity, I have a question: Are 'custom' races allowed, as long as they aren't any stronger then the rest? Cause I have a wonderful idea of an 'Egyptian' themed Vampire who controls a race of "Catfolk" (and I'm not talking the silly anime kind, I'm talking the dangerous kind) through a religion heavily based in Egyptian mythology. If not, I have other ideas, but I felt a need to ask because mentally I've already built half of the write-up.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ManofDawnLight

I'll allow it, but they have to be slightly weaker than the rest.  Also, Egypt in this game was mostly controlled by Primus' Angels, but they're gone now.  PM me the details.

I am returning slowly.

RubySlippers

What no goblins, seriously, goblins with crazy tech and mutations who may not be tough but damn it they reproduce like horny bunnies on fertility drugs, well, because they re ll the females at breeding age get modifications an added womb or three and a fertility implant. And you hit a Titan hard enough in numbers it goes down fighting dirty. Like armor piercing shells to hit them in the crotch that explode with napalm. hee hee

If your up for a new player we will all live underground masters of tunneling, cave building and underground adaptive technology you all can have the surface world, I'm happy the throne is the one realm no one would likely fight over.

ManofDawnLight

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 23, 2015, 03:55:21 PM
What no goblins, seriously, goblins with crazy tech and mutations who may not be tough but damn it they reproduce like horny bunnies on fertility drugs, well, because they re ll the females at breeding age get modifications an added womb or three and a fertility implant. And you hit a Titan hard enough in numbers it goes down fighting dirty. Like armor piercing shells to hit them in the crotch that explode with napalm. hee hee

If your up for a new player we will all live underground masters of tunneling, cave building and underground adaptive technology you all can have the surface world, I'm happy the throne is the one realm no one would likely fight over.

I'll allow it, but the same for the cat people goes for you too.

I am returning slowly.

ManofDawnLight

So cat people and goblins.  Any pictures for inspiration you two have in mind?

I am returning slowly.

Nim

Thesunmaid has pointed me in this direction and I am definitely interested in playing in this wonderfully thought out game. 

At the moment I'm torn between being the Master/Elder Vampire of the Ghosts or the  The Djinn.  This I will have to think about before I decide which way I would wish to go.

I only hope that there is enough interest in the game to really get it off its feet and flying wild and free through the threads of E.

~Nim~ 

ManofDawnLight

I hope so too.  The other two players wanting their own race have not replied back just yet, but I am patient.

I am returning slowly.

ManofDawnLight

I am returning slowly.

Nim

Still interested but waiting to see what happens.  Character development for the kind of character needed here will take some time to work out.  Am willing to put in the effort of course... but if nothing is going to happen with this game I don't want to end up with a bio that wont be used.

~Nim~