News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Sabby

Zipporah

Hello to all of you!  I've been saving the newest episode to watch tonight because I had a big exam.  I figured I would need a reward for buckling down and studying. 

Alysanthia

Don't know if it was posted yet.

McDonald's has announced it will include My Little Ponies and Transformers in their Happy Meals in March.

I'm gonna buy so many Happy Meals. xD

Zipporah

Quote from: Alysanthia on February 23, 2012, 11:02:25 PM
Don't know if it was posted yet.

McDonald's has announced it will include My Little Ponies and Transformers in their Happy Meals in March.

I'm gonna buy so many Happy Meals. xD
Any pictures of them available?  Will they be Wrong Ponies? 

Alysanthia

Screencap from the Mcdonald's website.

Looks like all the main ponies, Cheerilee and some purple Pegasus. 

Zipporah

From what I can see those look pretty great!  Dangit... now I have to find someone to eat the burgers for me. 

Sabby

Wolfy

Quote from: Alysanthia on February 23, 2012, 11:40:51 PM

Screencap from the Mcdonald's website.

Looks like all the main ponies, Cheerilee and some purple Pegasus.

But what about Derpy Hooves? D:>

Wolfy

<_<>_>

........*Winks at Sabby and flees*

Kunoichi

Quote from: Wolfy on February 24, 2012, 04:36:02 AM
But what about Derpy Hooves? D:>

Sadly, there seems to be something of a controversy surrounding Derpy at the moment.  It's a little unclear if it's due to the small but vocal minority that finds Derpy offensive, or if it's just copyright issues surrounding the name Derpy Hooves.

Zipporah

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 24, 2012, 01:45:06 PM
Sadly, there seems to be something of a controversy surrounding Derpy at the moment.  It's a little unclear if it's due to the small but vocal minority that finds Derpy offensive, or if it's just copyright issues surrounding the name Derpy Hooves.
Admittedly, the name made me wince a little when I first saw it but I've been reading the arguments surrounding that since then and see the other side as well. 

ABagOVicodin

Kunoichi is correct. Many people want the name changed because it "offends mentally challenged people". Frankly... it does, but it's a meme, so I'm not sure if it's okay or not. Fuck, there is a meme for "OP is a faggot" so frankly I don't see the problem.

Alysanthia

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 24, 2012, 01:45:06 PM

I really don't see any problem with Derpy, it is only a name and a meme that mainly focuses on clumsiness. I don't see how it offends mentally challenged individuals. I'm not offended and I am to this day considered 'special needs', and I know other 'special needs' people who find Derpy adorable and proof that the shows creators listen to it's fans.

But people will ALWAYS find something to complain about. :| 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Alysanthia on February 24, 2012, 03:49:33 PM
I really don't see any problem with Derpy, it is only a name and a meme that mainly focuses on clumsiness. I don't see how it offends mentally challenged individuals. I'm not offended and I am to this day considered 'special needs', and I know other 'special needs' people who find Derpy adorable and proof that the shows creators listen to it's fans.

But people will ALWAYS find something to complain about. :|

Don't forget there are people who will ALWAYS be insulted for you. Even if you don't want to be insulted or see an insult in what they are protesting.

Zipporah

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 24, 2012, 04:07:06 PM
Don't forget there are people who will ALWAYS be insulted for you. Even if you don't want to be insulted or see an insult in what they are protesting.
How dare you be so offensive to the Easily Offended on the Behalf of Others Community?!   :'(  Won't somebody please think of the children?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zipporah on February 24, 2012, 06:19:01 PM
How dare you be so offensive to the Easily Offended on the Behalf of Others Community?!   :'(  Won't somebody please think of the children?

I do. And channeling my inner Samuel Langhorne Clemens, I regret that with the abolition of dueling I see no way to drive off the mouth breathing idiocy of those looking to be insulted for insults sake.

Zipporah

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 24, 2012, 06:24:03 PM
I do. And channeling my inner Samuel Langhorne Clemens, I regret that with the abolition of dueling I see no way to drive off the mouth breathing idiocy of those looking to be insulted for insults sake.
May I suggest a big stick and shouting?  That seems to be pretty effective. 

Oniya

Well, then he'd be channeling his inner Theodore Roosevelt.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zipporah on February 24, 2012, 06:39:22 PM
May I suggest a big stick and shouting?  That seems to be pretty effective.

No sah! I depend the pleasure of watching my enemy clutch his chest and keel over in a cloud of smoke. (I went to highschool in a country with one of the last duels in North America)

Zipporah

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 24, 2012, 06:52:21 PM
No sah! I depend the pleasure of watching my enemy clutch his chest and keel over in a cloud of smoke. (I went to highschool in a country with one of the last duels in North America)
Why am I a sah?  And how about the fine old tradition of sword duels? 

Kunoichi

Nah, swords are too expensive, these days.

ReijiTabibito

Not unless you go to a con.  You can get swords there for fifty, sixty bucks...though you probably get what you pay for.

Oniya

None of those will hold an edge.  Although, with enough force behind a semi-decent point...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy