Rupert Murdoch says 'we'll stay with our ethical behavoir'.

Started by Callie Del Noire, August 12, 2011, 11:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-aaron/rupert-murdochs-greatest_b_924654.html
http://thewrap.com/media/article/news-corp-posts-lower-4q-profit-myspace-write-down-29982

Now, I don't put the best stock in the Huffington Post, but I have seen a LOT of Murdoch's evasions, the complete LACK of outrage here in the US. (Hello.. they hacked 9/11 victims and war casualty phones here).

It's just.. Murdoch talking about how ethical his company is acting? The same guy who buys new FCC rulings to expand his media holdings, puts Republican Candidates on the payroll in ways that all but entail him writing them a check for breathing. There are a LOT of rule bending, if not outright breaking, by Murdoch and his croneys.

Now he's lying on what.. two continents and at last count three contries? (US, UK and Cananda, not sure if Australia has jumped in yet but I hear they are working up to it)

Of course, in the aim of disclosure, I will admit that I think the man is just one fluffy kitty away from being a Blofeld replacement. He's played around with copyright, media share, reporting news so biased it almost tipped over and his games in the media over his content makes me grit my teeth (like his Publishing house's games with e-books bought by library programs.)

Vekseid

Fox has a lot of political capital, and their hacking so far has not affected that many American's lives. With luck, we'll see the complete destruction of them in the UK, but to do so here will probably take quite a bit more.

The only saving grace about News Corp is that while Rupert is a smart cookie and he knew which way the world was going, he always bet on the wrong team. Yahoo versus Google, MySpace versus Facebook, etc.

Callie Del Noire

When you look at his media 'footprint' in the country it gets really terrifying though. In some markets, notably New York, he controls something around 1/3rd of the news media directly or indirectly. Congress bent the ownership rules for media SPECIFICALLY for him every time he hits the cap. The sheer amount of power and clout the man has is scary when you start looking.

Like I've said before he's on my list of 'total shit bags who make capitalism look bad' and odds are he's going to use his 'loss' in the UK to consolidate his hold on his company and look for someplace else to buy into. I'm betting, given his loss and low rep in the UK right now, that it will be in Canada or the US.

I find it amusing that he never submits to an iterview by a news organization he doesn't own.