Towns of Salem ~ TOWNIES, AND VAL, WIN!

Started by persephone325, March 04, 2016, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Quote from: yugi006 on March 14, 2016, 05:39:00 PM
I will be sad if we lose the jester as we all need some laughter in our lives so I will not be voting for you Red.

Okay then I'm the Godfather.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Remiel

IF ANY TOWNIES ARE READING THIS WHO HAVEN'T VOTED FOR KING SERPERIOR:

The vote ends tonight.  Currently the vote stands at 4-4.  Mintprincess has the tiebreaker vote, and she'll vote for me.  I have admitted to being the Doctor.  No one else has contested this claim.

NightOwl voted for me first, then King Serperior and finally Valerian.    These three are probably your Mafia, although it's not guaranteed (one or two of them could simply have been mistaken).

If you let me be lynched you'll be making a grave mistake.  Please change your votes.

Mintprincess

I have a request
To break this tie I would hear
The thoughts of the town

haiku count: 44

yugi006

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 14, 2016, 05:42:20 PM
Okay then I'm the Godfather.

That still doesn't sway me to vote for you.

Valerian

Sorry, I'm most definitely not Mafia.  If I was, I can assure you that I wouldn't have taken the risk of voting for a fellow bad guy so early on, and then not changing my vote away from him until almost the last minute.  Even now there's a decent chance KS might get lynched, since I suspect a lot of votes will change soon..

Part of the reason I did change my vote was to try to get more information, though, and there at least it's worked.  I'm still not sure about KS one way or the other -- as far as I know he hasn't even claimed a role in private to try to save himself -- but I'm willing to admit that NightOwl looks suspicious.

I'm very interested to see if anyone else tries to claim the Doctor role, however...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

King Serperior

Quote from: Valerian on March 14, 2016, 06:02:34 PM
.  I'm still not sure about KS one way or the other -- as far as I know he hasn't even claimed a role in private to try to save himself
I am not Mafia either but such claims are never taken seriously anyway and I have not revealed my role for a reason.  I claim to NOT be the Doctor.  As of now, it is far too early to reveal my role for doing so provides no gains.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Mintprincess

Does no one contest
Remy's Claim of the doctor?
I may change my vote.

Haiku Count: 45

Mintprincess

With the doctor claim
I cannot risk losing him
I now vote MP

#speakerspeaks

Haiku Count: 46

NightOwl35

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 14, 2016, 09:38:04 PM
With the doctor claim
I cannot risk losing him
I now vote MP

Mint does have a point here. If Remi is the doctor, and no one is contesting it, then I'll swap my vote.

I'm still leaning towards KS being a townie so won't be voting him up. Red, is a dangerous vote if she's the jester and it's better if the vigilante just takes her out should that be the case. I can't exactly vote for myself, and I also know doing so would be a bad move. Val, I don't have any info on and the only vote for her is from Red who I'm assuming is a jester.

So I'll just stick with our speaker and get someone else up there and vote MP.

King Serperior

Well, here I was thinking someone would counter-claim being the doctor.  It seems I am mistaken.  I hereby remove my vote for Remiel.  Now, since votes are mandatory, that means I must vote for another.  Now, I have a slight bias against Der for being a goblin, but if he is truly the bodyguard, I cannot go for him.  I feel that Val is of the town and that Red is a bad choice to vote upon.  Owl feels like a town guy, so it cannot be for him.  That leaves my vote going towards and slim picking.  In the end, I think I might choose MP, if only because she is one of, if not the most formidable and ruthless Mafia players I have seen.  If she is Mafia, then we have eliminated possibly the strongest weapon they have:  her brainpower.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Valerian

Acting on information received, I will change my vote to MP as well.  Fingers crossed.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

persephone325

NO MORE VOTES MAY BE CHANGED!!

Val snuck in there, so I'm letting it slide.

As it stands, this is the vote tally:

Vote Tally

Red - 2
NightOwl - 1
Val - 1
KS - 4
MP - 4

It appears we have a tie. Speaker Mint. You have the deciding vote. Please choose who you would like to lynch between KS and MP.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mintprincess

The speaker Miss Minty
Casts the breaking of the tie
For Lovely MP

(SORRY MP I LOVE YOU BUT!)

Haiku Count: 47

persephone325

So it was, that Speaker Mint decided to lynch Madame Professor.

The young lady was led up to the gallows where she stood in front of all the people. People she had called friends, and had come to know.

"You are all making a big mistake." She protested as the executioner looped the noose around her neck. The crowd fell into a hushed silence as he gripped the lever of the trap door. In one swift motion, he jerked the lever towards him and Madame Professor fell through the hole. The crowd watched her feet twitch and her body swayed back and forth.

It was only when her feet stopped twitching, did the rest of the townsfolk headed to her home to inspect her belongings. Inside, there were numerous forged documents and several sheets of paper where Madame Professor had been practicing forging people's handwriting.

It was clear that Madame Professor was the Framer.

Night roles will receive their PMs shortly!
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

The townspeople awake the next morning to find somewhat of a blood bath. The doors of two houses are open, and two of their people are found dead inside.

First, RedPhoenix. She lay dead in her bed from a single gunshot wound to the head. No doubt this was the work of the vigilante. A look around her abode revealed that she was completely batshit crazy. There's insane ramblings written on the walls and a knife embedded in a desk nearby. It's clear that she was the Jester.

The second house belonged to NightOwl. He was ambushed by the mafia and laid dead in a pool of his own blood. Nearby, there was a gun on the floor. The townspeople could only guess that he had been the Vigilante.

As they went to bury their fallen friends, the people noticed that one of the headstones in the graveyard had been disturbed. It was that of Myobi, their Investigator. Someone had written on it in chalk.

I remember.

The Amnesiac remembered that they were the Investigator!

Day 3 has begun! Voting will last for 3 days, ending Saturday night at 11:59pm EST.
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

Well, I was wrong about Red, but I suppose I'm not surprised, either. But seriously, what's with all these people making actual true claims in mafia, lately? I miss the good old days when people would guard their roles like the precious secrets they were.

Anybody have any idea what to make of the headstone message?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

King Serperior

A double-edged sword, true claims are.  I feel they depend on the assumption that everyone would lie about their roles to instill confusion.  Either that or they know that we lot are perceptive and are more open....or it is from sheer desperation.

Now, I must go get my assistant to stop repairing that broken wagon.  It appears that Cicero has fallen.  It is sad because a Jester in Skyrim is unheard of and we needed laugher in this time of brother against brother.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mintprincess

Losing the Night Bird
Tears my heart into pieces
Broken and Bleeding

=(

Haiku Count: 48

yugi006

Obviously it was the work of the Brotherhood. I'm deeply saddened by NightOwl's demise.

I'm afraid that I must make the tough decision of voting for Remiel. If you were truly the doctor then why couldn't you save NightOwl from his demise.

Remiel

ThatRPGuy, it means that the Amnesiac is now an Investigator.

Mintprincess

Quote from: yugi006 on March 16, 2016, 01:34:33 AM
Obviously it was the work of the Brotherhood. I'm deeply saddened by NightOwl's demise.

I'm afraid that I must make the tough decision of voting for Remiel. If you were truly the doctor then why couldn't you save NightOwl from his demise.

The doctor should have
Used his magical healing
Upon his own head

Assuming he is
Truthfully telling the town
Who he really is

The speaker has doubts
That mr random plays honest
With the role he claims

Regardless of that.
I think we should hear from those
With the quiet voice

Haiku Count: 52

Missy

Quote from: King Serperior on March 16, 2016, 12:28:03 AM
A double-edged sword, true claims are.  I feel they depend on the assumption that everyone would lie about their roles to instill confusion.  Either that or they know that we lot are perceptive and are more open....or it is from sheer desperation.

Now, I must go get my assistant to stop repairing that broken wagon.  It appears that Cicero has fallen.  It is sad because a Jester in Skyrim is unheard of and we needed laugher in this time of brother against brother.

Indeed thre hasn't been a merryman in these parts in over a hundred years.

:D

Galactic Druid

Ohhhhhhh, I get it now. Thanks Remi.

Speaking of Remi...

Quote from: yugi006 on March 16, 2016, 01:34:33 AM

Did Remi have any reasonable way of knowing Nightowl needed to be protected? Remember, the Doctor in this game isn't like Werewolf's healer, it's actually closer to the bodyguard.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!