The Denarian Files (M for F)

Started by Arkaniel, September 19, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkaniel

Hello all and than you for reading this request thread.

As the title might make you suspect, this plot idea takes place in the magnificent and expansive world of the Dresden Files. I simply love this setting, I love the books and I love the way it all flows together so well.

Now, first things first.

This plot will take place I need an adaptation of the Dresden Files universe. There is no Harry Dresden and none of his main cast of regular sidekicks exist in this adaptation. The more mythological and powerful side characters like the Queens of Faerie and such do exist. None of the events or adventures in canon transpired. In regards to the actual plot, this will be an original story, simply borrowing the elaborate background setting.

The Plot

A young, ambitious Wizard ends up too close to a satanic ritual by some low level Denarians to summon their ultimate master and leader, Lucifer, to Earth, in one of their attempts to bring about the Apocalypse, so they will finally find peace from their eternal punishment in the Void.

The ritual is disrupted, either through the actions of this Wizard or through divine circumstances. It matters not. The Denarians end up dead (doesn't usually stick with those guys) and the ritual works just as the dying wizard falls into the circle.

Now, enter Lucifer himself. A severely misunderstood Celestial being, an Archangel, bombarding him to being one of the most powerful beings in existence, besides his own brother Michael and just second to the White God himself. Where his compatriots, the Fallen Angels, were banished to the Void over relatively minor crimes, oh, and joining his little rebellion in heaven and subsequently they lost their sanity, making them more and more violent and vicious... he was banished to Hell, a Fallen Archangel, the custodian over hordes of imprisoned ancient demons and caretaker and torturer for the souls of the billions upon billions of the damned and the most vile and deprived souls in existence. Even though he was Lord of Hell, he hadn't started his rebellion to destroy existence. He just wanted... he couldn't really remember, but God was pretty much a prick and he was the rebelling son, acting out for attention. Things snowballed fro there as they tended to do amongst celestial beings.

Now, an open portal and a still dying body just powerful enough to contain him... choice was made. Exit ambitious wizard that bit off more than he could chew, enter Lucifer, the Lightbringer, who unknowingly takes the first step towards a redemption long since plotted out by God. Remember, the big guy upstairs has a Plan... one that he does not intend to end with any sort of Apocalypse.

At the same time, it is harder and harder to keep the supernatural hidden in the modern day world. Electricity fritzes around magic, but with everybody and their dog now owning high definition cameras in their cell phones, with instant global internet connection... the risk of revelation is getting bigger and bigger. Those things occasionally going viral are considered hoaxes, but the increasing number of these recordings start making people question things.

Enter your character, a young, ambitious female police detective, with a penchant for trouble and thus ending up with the crazy, inexplicable cases... those committed by unnatural means... or supernatural means, in other words. As she tries to make sense of it, she runs into my character, the charismatic man calling himself Lucifer, who seems to know a lot about all things going on in the city. He starts helping her... step two in his path to redemption.

From here, it can go pretty much anywhere. This idea can of course be altered to suit our mutual likes and more detailed ideas, but this is the gist of it.

If interested, please pm me.