News:

Main Menu

Started by Greenthorn, May 28, 2008, 04:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

Yeah it's subtle...but I'm pondering the change..so whatcha all think?

Here's the old one:

Or here's a third choice:

Sherona

You seem more dominant then submissive. THe first one had a more shy submissive feel to it, this new one has a more confidant dominant feel (yes I am weird because I think of avatars in D/s mode)

I think the second suites you best.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Sherona on May 28, 2008, 04:29:08 PM
You seem more dominant then submissive. THe first one had a more shy submissive feel to it, this new one has a more confidant dominant feel (yes I am weird because I think of avatars in D/s mode)

I think the second suites you best.

*laughs* People kept telling me the old one looked dominant!  Ack! I am -so- confused (and definitely not dominant)

Maeven

Hmmm I think your original avatar has a sort of "snap to it, and I mean yesterday" dominant feel to it (with the hand on the hip and all) and this newer one is a bit more sultry and seductive.  I like them both.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Trieste

You know I like the old one lots. *paws at old av*

MagicalPen

The 'edges' on the new one are too jagged. Me likies old one best!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Trieste

Methinks that's a function of size. It takes 5 seconds in Photoshop to clean up that sort of thing. I wish I knew how to do the colour lighting, though, unless you're getting the silhouettes from somewhere and not doing the green-shadow effect yourself... but I suspect not.

Greenthorn

Added a third choice *laughs*

Trieste

Can you soften up the second one (the one in there now) around the edges and dull the effect a bit (like it's muted in the first one)? That could work.

Greenthorn

Trieste

Much, but the transparency on the figure's right foot makes the vines visible. You should be able to take out the transparency and add a layer mask instead, which might soften while still not showing the layers.

Trieste

Orrrrr, I just noticed the dip in the wire... you could just move the layer with the silhouette a hair to her left (observer's right) and that would pull her foot out of that hitch and make it look a bit smoother.

... *has made a few avatars and sigs*

King_Furby

they all look the same to be lol. Pick whichever you like best. Furby fully supports your avatar. My avatar would so do your avatar  ;D

Greenthorn

Quote from: King_Furby on May 28, 2008, 11:38:17 PM
they all look the same to be lol. Pick whichever you like best. Furby fully supports your avatar. My avatar would so do your avatar  ;D

*cracks up*

My avatar thinks your avatar is pretty hot too..must be the green *winks*