Interest Check for something WH40K-ish(Only 3 slots left!)

Started by Urbanzorro, April 14, 2010, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

We are still accepting new people and honestly you're very welcome to join. If you feel up for it I'm sure it won't be that hard to play along. Also if it turns out that some slots need to be filled I'm more than willing to let people play two characters on the same side.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Here's the list as it stands now.

Character Slots

Inquisitor: Paladin

Inquisitor’s retune #1:CmdrRenegade

Inquisitor’s retune #2:

Inquisitor’s retune #3:

Inquisitor’s retune #4:

Inquisitor’s retune #5:

Planetary Governor:

PDF Commander:

Chaos Leader: Urbanzorro

Chaos Leader’s Lieutenant#1:Opheliac

Chaos Leader’s Lieutenant#2: Miles Trent

Chaos Leader’s Lieutenant#3:

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Numbers wise the game isn't too unbalanced though another powerful Imperial Character or 2 would probably be a good thing.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: Paladin on April 16, 2010, 08:05:05 PM
Yea kinda sucks ta be me. Maybe I should play two characters. A single Grey Knight could stand up to the chaos guys no problem since Chaos IS their specailty to deal with.

Hey Renegade, I thought you were playin a Marine.
I changed my mind.  Playing the killing machine can be fun, but it can get boring quickly.  I have yet to play the really smart guy in an RP. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Paladin

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on April 16, 2010, 08:30:48 PM
I changed my mind.  Playing the killing machine can be fun, but it can get boring quickly.  I have yet to play the really smart guy in an RP.

makes sense

Kiric Rand

I want a game where I don't have to think much to play my character, so I'll do the marine then.

Give me a bit and i'll flush him out, i'll probally play him from the Black Dragons (It was a cursed legion, little known but still legal :P)

Just doing a little research, and i stumbled across this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarines:The_Movie
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Paladin

Quote from: Kiric Rand on April 16, 2010, 08:33:35 PM
I want a game where I don't have to think much to play my character, so I'll do the marine then.

Give me a bit and i'll flush him out, i'll probally play him from the Black Dragons (It was a cursed legion, little known but still legal :P)

Just doing a little research, and i stumbled across this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultramarines:The_Movie

Black Dragon. So are they a chaos army?

Kiric Rand

nope, they are a loyalst chapter

they are genetlicly mutated (but tolerated), or what they called cursed foundings, Chapters that were attempted to be founded after the heresy using new geenseeds. The Black Dragons mutation involved bone spurs that grow from their elbows that they sheeth in adamantite and use as close combat weapons (in addition to what they already carry)
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

CmdrRenegade

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Paladin

Kiric Rand

Quote from: Paladin on April 16, 2010, 08:47:38 PM
Oh them.

and whats that mean? I used to play them

I want to play him along the lines of he's trying to prove himself and his chapter to the inqusition so that they won't be so hostile toward them.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Urbanzorro

I see him working out well. aswell as adding some beef to the Imperial side.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

Quote from: Kiric Rand on April 16, 2010, 08:49:29 PM
and whats that mean? I used to play them

I want to play him along the lines of he's trying to prove himself and his chapter to the inqusition so that they won't be so hostile toward them.

Hehe. I'm just a Space wolf Kinda guy. And Nids, and Tau, and Daemonhunters.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

Salamanders, Saim-Hann, and someday Alpha Legion

Opheliac

Sisters of Battle, IG, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Thousand Sons for me. :)

Paladin

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!! *Goes off to find his Daemonhunters Codex so he can recite the 666 words of the Grey Knights Code*

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

"More humies to smash! C'mon, boyz! Waaaaagh!"  >:) *explodes in a shower of bits* <- Seen such an event happen on a tabletop game before. Ork player got enthusiastic. Marine player tossed a krak missile. Lucky shot.

Kinda odd to see no one interested in playing as either the governor or the PDF commander. If those spots are left unfilled, I may make a second character for the sake of the story going smoothly.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Urbanzorro

If they continue to go unfilled I'll probably take the planetary govenor as well, if for no other reasion that it will aid me in shaping the story.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

If it comes to that, I'll help you out as the PDF commander, if thats ok with you. Only if the spot remains unfilled.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Opheliac

If we are starting to take secondary players, im more than happy with taking Inquisitorial Retinue duty. Sisters Hospitalier. Yay for Doctor Nuns with Guns in SPAAAAAAAAACCCEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

DeviantMunster

Here it is! Lacking gear and such, of course.

Name: VeronicaVermillion
Demeanour: Sanguine

Divination - “Die if you must, but not with your spirit broken.”
Sanctioned - Hypno-doctrination

Biography: The birth of young Veronica Vermillion was not a pleasant event, characterized by much pain and suffering. Her father, Dominic Vermillion, was noble born, having lived on the Imperial World Hydraphur, within the Imperius Dominatus. Yet the peaceful lifestyle he lived there (if it could be called peaceful) wasn’t exciting enough for the young man. In the end, his curiosity and desire for more led him on a path to space travel, and eventually the grim title of Rogue Trader.

Flash forward several years to the Argumentum, a Dauntless-class light cruiser. Upon the vessel, her father, a now well established Rogue Trader, began the journey through “the Maw”, a dangerous warp route that passes through the Great Warp Storms separating the Calixis Sector from the Koronus Expanse. Worse yet, his wife, Isabella Vermillion, was nearing the end of her pregnancy. He assumed they’d have adequate time to make it to the end of the journey, yet she soon went into labor aboard the cold halls of the ship.

Despite the powerful Geller fields installed upon the Argumentum, unnatural things still did happen, like the pre-mature birth of their daughter. Despite the many medical personnel aboard the ship, Veronica’s birthing was anything but pleasant. Her mother went into convulsions of pain, and soon nothing they did could manage to keep her conscious. Moments later she died. An utterly grief stricken Dominic stared blankly at his wife’s corpse, yet he would be damned if both his wife and daughter died that day. With some precise cutting, his daughter was safely extracted from the corpse and hurriedly placed in a safer and more sterile location.

Solace Encarmine, a cultured and still swiftly developing pleasure world. Many Rogue Trader families existed there, as did many noble households wishing to expand their power in the new Koronus Expanse. Veronica’s father was one of these, having established a large estate on the planet while sending his fleets to explore and chart more of the new sector. The pleasure planet was, unfortunately, heavily corrupt, even some Slaaneshi cults being present. It didn’t help one bit that it was surrounded by multitudes of Death Worlds and War Worlds to boot. Despite this, his daughter remained relatively safe from such dark influences, at least until her 8th year.

There was much opportunity to be had in the Koronus Expanse, yet some people simply weren’t patient enough or courageous enough to risk such endevours. A particularly spiteful noble family by the name of House Lucard. The increasing success of the Vermillion family, as well as the fact that not once did the established Dominic ever visit any of the “parties” (excuses for large orgy fests), ended up in a powerful grudge. Hiring a Void pirate captain, House Lucard made certain that the young Veronica was kidnapped and taken successfully. An enraged Dominic suspected the involvement of House Lucard, yet he couldn’t prove it and thus had to negotiate with the pirates and their outrageous offers. To make certain that Dominic’s fleet never located them, they established a discreet foothold on Krakskul within the Undred-Undred Teef area; unfortunately, this would lead to their downfall.

No one could avoid orks forever, especially an untrained crew such that the pirate captain used. What resulted was the sudden massacre of many of those in the camp, and the utter destruction of the attempted escaping vessels, leaving a lone, young child within the burning camp. A small warband of Crak Skulz were the devious looters of the place, and she was soon located by the hulking Ork boss known as “Humie Crusha.” None had seen such a young and small humie before and Humie Crusha was almost offended at the idea of killing the girl, yet he swung his fist at her nevertheless. And thus, he gained first hand experience with what a nascent psyker was… at least until he was suddenly sundered on the spot, body unraveling in a rain of gore and flesh. And so the new Crak Skulz’ boss came to be born.

After being tormented for months, Veronica took advantage of the Orks that were stunned by the display, quickly picking out the largest among the lot before commanding him to pick up the ex-Boss’ equipment and done it. With slight surprise Gutz obeyed, only to be surprised further by the young humie’s desire to be picked up and placed on his shoulder.

A humie leading a band of Orks was considered considerably “un-Orky,” yet any band that even dared mention those words next to the name of her group would suddenly find themselves in a bloody war of dominance. Surprisingly, the young girl showed massive determination, and after a few years of learning various tactics through both successes and failures, she was able to slowly increase the numbers and powers of her group. She even began to pain herself green, and her once yellow locks turned into a  much whiter sheen as the years passed by.

Gutz grew over the passing of years, yet he remained the ever loyal Ork, seeing the considerable power the young nascent psyker had whenever someone challenged her. No one stood a chance, and the name “Insta-Deff,” eventually became her name. While she slowly became more “Orky” over the passing of time, her father remained firmly rooted in her mind, and she couldn’t help but desire to find him again. As she reached her 14th year, her nature had changed dramatically, and her language was the least thing to suffer. Nevertheless, her uncontrollable psychic abilities did allow her to adapt relatively well to the Ork Waaagh!. Eventually, however, she knew she had to find her father again, and the only way to do that was space travel. Thusly, she devised a plan.

Tusk was a brutal world, a battleground for bosses and warbosses to duke it out and prove their worth. Here, she knew, would be where she could overpower another Ork and thus gain a bigger following. With that, she’d have more teeth at her disposal, enough to potentially buy a vessel capable of navigating the warp more effectively. And so she gathered several of her best kommandos and Gutz, had a downed dropship slapped up, and set course for the planet called Tusk.

Yet, she wasn’t the only one moving to action. Her father, after receiving no more contact from the pirates, eventually leading him to hire more and more mercenaries to find information, anything about his missing daughter. After years of searching it payed off, one of the mercenaries discovering rumours of a girl Ork. Deftly, his mercenary band continued to research this bit of information until they discovered, to their own surprise, that this girl matched the relative description Dominic had given. Once the Rogue Trader discovered this, he made immediate plans to extract his daughter, and thus did he end up raiding that dropship.

It was a brutal battle of supremacy, the young girl viciously fighting off the invaders with her Ork companions, yet the sheer determination of the attackers to simply extract the girl allowed them to succeed. Where a knockout gas would never work on an Ork, Veronica was still very much human, and despite how hard Gutz fought, she was eventually “rescued” and transported to the Freighter. The dropship and Gutz were never destroyed however, the sudden knowledge of ummies within their area of control bringing many Ork ships to the area, though the freighter still escaped.

Describing the amount of sheer happiness and pain involved in their reunion would take considerable amounts of time, though she eventually did get situated back in her home, having to re-learn most of the etiquette she’d dropped during her stay with the Orks. More troubles came however, when her father simply couldn’t keep her daughter’s powers a secret, things happening completely by accident and when she was particularly emotional. He did, however, pay off a certain individual charged with sending psykers to the Imperial Capital of Terra, ensuring she wouldn’t be one of those sacrificed. So did her journey as an Imperial Psyker began.

Now, many years after the events of her childhood, she’s a sanctioned Psyker, working on a distant planet to help stave off chaos as well as to assist with domestic affairs. While she plans on inheriting her father’s merchantile empire, at the moment she’s satisfied with learning and exploring more of her considerable latent psychic powers, as well as serving the Imperium of Man.

Psychic Abilities:
Telekinesis Discipline
   Mind over Matter
   Precision Telekinesis
   Telekinetic Crush
   Telekinetic Weapon
   Telekinetic Shield
   Storm of Force
Biomancy
   Biolightning
   Regenerate
   Cellular Control
   Shape Flesh

Urbanzorro

Hmmm, I'm ok with people playing more than one character as long as they are willing to give up a slot if someone new wants one and all of them are taken. That sound fair to everyone?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.