Blood and Iron ≈ Modern Paranormal Fae Theme ≈ Open Recruitment

Started by RampantDesires, April 20, 2016, 01:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RampantDesires

bubby...

Rampant is highly caffinated and working on, you know getting some final setting stuff summed up and posted.  Then HOPEFULLY a bit of IC postage because hey why not.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Cerevan

Quote from: bubby on May 07, 2016, 09:34:04 PM
So, if anyone is interested, I shall be making a human/gargoyle Half Blood. I haven't started making her yet, but I'm looking to have her ( as usual, I'm mean cummon this is ME we're talking about) a warrior type who wants to learn about guns and explosives, which means she'll want to be 'friendly' with a portal opener...

... I think...

I'm all about dat. ALL ABOUT DAT.

Amarlo

Well I'm doing a bit of revising of my character (Half of her history, plus a switch in faceclaims!) after doing some plotting and connections with some of my many favorite people in this game. Once that is done, approved, and Ink is free to post, I'll be able to post! x3

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

bubby

Quote from: Cerevan on May 08, 2016, 12:42:45 AM
I'm all about dat. ALL ABOUT DAT.

YYYASSSS!!

After spending much of my day doing some deep cleaning of my house, I am now settling down to make my character. I'll send you a copy too so you can have a gander when I'm done.  ;)

OH! And I'm using Charlize Theron as my face claim.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

bubby

RampantDesires

So I think it might also be time for a temporary freeze on once Unseelie Fae. 

The (former) Seelie are terribly out matched right now with only two members O.o

This is only for entirely new characters.  If we've been talking about yours and it is already in the works  but not officially submitted you're good to go still. 

If you simply HAVE to go Unseelie we can talk, but it would be nice to even up our numbers a little bit more.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RampantDesires

Hi there Evangelina :-)

There's still tons of room (we've not just one big world but two to play with after all!).  Fae touched and human characters are fine (encouraged even!).  I'll send you a PM to kind of gloss over a few options to keep in mind as you look over the world info if you don't mind. 

Two characters is the limit right now not a requirement;  you're more than welcome to just make one (and if you'd like add in another character later or just stick with your original throughout the game). 

This is also a good time to put a temporary lock on portal creation characters.  Right now we have Azazel (who can give the ability to a select few).  Dotley's proposed character, Crevan's newest, and potentially Kuro's.  That's roughly one out of five characters right now and I don't want to go much over that (extremely limited abilities, as in from a specific place in Faerie to a specific place on Earth might work though, but just general anywhere portals are capped). 

RampantDesires

My pleasure!  Thanks for being so patient with me :D (I'm adding your artsy/photographer lady to the list now!)

We've got some awesome new characters coming in but I kind of need to actively recruit a bit here... We need Seelie (or at least the Fae formerly known as Seelie :P) for the group.  We currently only have two and there are no more in the making that I know of.  I need to mash together a Fae council, but with so many dark court this is proving a bit problematic and unbalanced.  Since I'm not sure the group is ready for me to open up a third slot for characters here we are in the recruitment thread!

Random inspirations that I think would make good Seelie in no particular order...

Helios   Titan of the sun and guardian of oaths.
Prometheus   Titan of forethought and crafty counsel, and creator of mankind.
Phoebe   Titaness of the "bright" intellect and prophecy, and consort of Koios.
Bacchus is always fun
Hephaestus would be amazing we have no real 'crafty' types.
Heimdallr
Ēostre because I love the thought of her being horrified by modern Easter :P
Maat, Hathor ... tons of the Egyptian gods would work actually. 

In retrospect this list is silly, there are just too many possibilities to try and list them :P 

It is worth mentioning that the Seelie are by no means weak.  They just generally have a more favorable view on humans than their Unseelie counterparts and frown on genetic defects and what not (the more monstrous of their kin).   Less death/war/destruction and more fertility/sun/civilization orientated.  Good times abound!

Swashbuckler

Rampant, I'd be quite interested in making a Seelie fellow after Bacchus/Dionysus as opposed to a Satyr.  I will see if I can whip up a sheet tonight...

RampantDesires

Yassss!  I totally buy you as Dionysus :D  Noted. 

*gives ALL THE KISSES*  Yayayayay

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Evangelina on May 16, 2016, 08:09:28 PM
Would it be helpful if I shifted my concept a little to become Brigit the Celtic goddess of inspiration/fire/poetry and a whole host of things?  I have an image I want to use very badly but I think it could work as Brigit if I play with the hair color some.
Ooh! I would love to see that as she's my goddess of choice!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

VioletPanda

Hmm... Helios...? I do like that guardian of oaths bit...
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Kuroneko

Quote from: Evangelina on May 16, 2016, 08:09:28 PM
Would it be helpful if I shifted my concept a little to become Brigit the Celtic goddess of inspiration/fire/poetry and a whole host of things?  I have an image I want to use very badly but I think it could work as Brigit if I play with the hair color some.

I've been working on a fae-touched second character inspired by Maman Brigitte who is closely tied to the Celtic Brighid (in more than name). If this overlaps too much with you Evangelina, in either concept, let me know. I could look for something else.

RampantDesires

O.o you guys don't feel like you have to alter your concepts currently in progress.  This was more for people considering new characters.  I'm totally on board with what's currently been proposed  XD

Kuroneko

Quote from: Evangelina on May 16, 2016, 08:48:47 PM
Well you had it first, Kuroneko, I don't want to step on toes.  I'm only thinking of switching my concept to fill a gap.  I had considered doing a craftsman sort, only I stumbled upon an image that I'm smitten with and was trying to tailor a character around that.  Based on the image I thought Brigit would be a good fit.  But I have an affinity for Athene (and have played her before) so that could work for me but not so much with the image I have in mind.  So I may well have to scrap the image.

If you're working on more of the smithcraft aspect of Brighid, that doesn't really negate my idea. I'm working with more of a healer. Though it would be hard to do Brighid without healing I think, since it's one of Her purviews.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Evangelina on May 16, 2016, 09:01:42 PM
Kuroneko, I'll leave you to it 100%.  As I said I was trying to fill a gap.  I have a word file open for my CS and will fiddle with the ideas and see if I can't steer her in a more Athenish direction.  I will broaden her art to include other things and see if it works for me.

If that's what you really want to do. This character is honestly so far from where I originally started it's crazy, lol. Who knows where it'll end up once it's done.

Elysian Radiance

I didn't see it previously but I wanted to make sure before I let my Muse run with this idea that she's formulating for a second character.

Is anyone making a person with chronothurgychronomancy (I've been corrected, apparently, even though Google says they both work)? If not, I'm going to work on a character in the nearish future that does that.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Kuroneko