THE BEST THING EVER: An introduction

Started by Noelle, November 08, 2010, 02:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noelle

Feel free to use this space to suggest options for future polls and otherwise discuss the madness.

THE POLLS!
Week 18 OPEN
Week 17
Week 16
Week 15
Week 14
Week 13
Week 12 - QUARTERS 2
Week 11 - QUARTERS 1
Week 10
Week 9
Week 8
Week 7
Week 6
Week 5
Week 4
Week 3
Week 2
Week 1

INFORMATION

Q: What is this?
A: It's a simple, poll-based game. I choose two good suggestions (either ones submitted to me by others, or ones my own devious little mind creates) -- and then we pit them against each other to decide which one is better for that week.

Q: How do I participate?
A: There's no sign-up and there's no commitment! You don't have to vote every single week, and conversely, you can jump in any time you feel like.

Q: How do we determine a winner?
A: Every week, we run a poll. This will happen in 10-week cycles. At the end of 10 weeks, we lump together all the winners into two different groups of five and then vote on the winners of those rounds. Elimination continues on in this manner for a year's time until at the end of the year, we will have two winners out of all of them to vote on, thus deciding THE BEST THING EVER.

Here's a chart that should help clarify how the magic happens:

Q: What if my suggestion doesn't show up?
A: Don't despair, friend! It could be one of several reasons: I may have decided to inject my own pairings for a given week for voting, I may be using other suggestions first before yours, or it is possible that I don't feel your pairing will quite fit in. Keep submitting ideas anyway!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Help promote TBTE!

[/img]
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=88294][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/35/Narwhalvote.gif[/img][/img]

Jude

Sex with someone you have already fucked before vs. a really amazing meal.

Autumn52

Cute Kitty
vs.

Cute Puppy
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Lady Haven

Lady Haven's ONs & OFFs Page
Life is like a puzzle, were all little pieces trying to fit in.

Noelle

Hahaha, you guys have some interesting choices here! Maybe add the actual text to go along with it so I know exactly what you're referencing? I don't want to be like OIL PAINT OR STACKS OF PAPER??? when really you mean something like 'beauty or money'. :>

Remiel

I was actually trying to go for "money or Monet", but that's 'cause I'm a dork. :3

Noelle

Hahaha, I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me (yay, art degree!), but I like it nonetheless :D

Noelle

Just a note that if your suggestion doesn't show up right away in poll pairings, it doesn't mean that it was necessarily rejected, I have a list going of future pairings of my own that I'm interspersing as I feel necessary!

Noelle

Double-post, whee!

Updated to add a few questions I thought should be cleared up, as well as a chart to show you the direction of the game!

Noelle

Week 5 is up; I've been trying to stay more on-track of posting closely after the last poll closes. Most of them have been closing on Saturday nights with a new poll on Sundays. If you have any feedback on the system of how it's run, the poll choices/results, or any ideas and suggestions of your own, please don't hesitate to post.

Noelle

Added a little button sticker graphic thing + the code at the bottom of the OP if anyone's interested in helping promote TBTE AND bragging to people that you exercised your civil rights...on the internet! The more people we get, the more representative our results become of what will truly be THE BEST THING EVER.

More to come soon.

In the meantime, does anyone know if the boards automatically size up your .gifs? My little sticker should be cute and small, but it's kind of bloated :( https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/35/Narwhalvote.gif <<< it looks normal at the link, but not here!

Remiel

Guess I'll toss in a couple of my own, as part of my own personal effort to make this thread just a little more awesome.  Or retarded.  Or, possibly, awesomely retarded!

1. Superman vs. Batman  Having superpowers versus having your own personal badass utility belt.  Superpowers are awesome, right? Who doesn't want to fly?  Or shoot lasers like pew pew out of their eyes?  Or maybe, like Mr. Fantastic, make any part of their anatomy stretch to epic proportions.  You know what I'm talkin' about, ladies.   But on the other hand, having a badass utility belt would be pretty fucking awesome too.  Maybe you'd be on a bus, and the engine overheats and the bus shuts down, and the bus driver would be like, "well, damn, I could fix this but I don't have a three-eighths Gripley," and you'd just reach into that belt and be like, "BAM! Three-eighths Gripley, BITCH!"  Plus, you could keep macademia nuts in there.  That would be pretty cool, I guess.

Ryven

5 more minutes in a warm bed

vs

5 more minutes in a hot steamy shower

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Noelle

You can expect a new set every week on Saturday-Sunday. After this week is through, we have two weeks of quarterly eliminations, so there won't be any new pairings up until after that, but you're free to chime in with suggestions at any time! I'd love to have a bunch of stuff to draw on when I don't have any ideas of my own.

Oreo

Cool.

How about

The rush and shared experience of a live concert.

VS

The calm reflection of music soothing the spirit in solitude.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Noelle

Could you include text to go with it, as well, just so your intent is clear? :) Thanks!

Oreo

Ryven

Cold or hot, coffee delivers an energy boost to start or maintain your drive through the day.

vs

The calm, soothing feeling of tea which relaxes your body and soul in any variety or flavor you can imagine.