Sword Art Online: Yuri Edition (f/f, freeform)

Started by Daril, January 29, 2015, 10:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

I've been involved in a few (largely unsuccessful) Sword Art Online RPGs in the past, and have been wanting to try to do a yuri (f/f) oriented one.  I realize the idea is a long shot but I figured there's no harm in putting it out there.

I'm hoping to get a small group of about four to five.  My own character would likely be an updated version of one I'd played in past SAO RPGs -a somewhat shy university student and former high school archery champion who was never much into games but got talked into trying this one by a friend.

Character Images

Initial In Game Character Model

"Real Life" Character Model (Yes, she's a miko, since her family owns a shrine.  Hey, what's wrong with a little fetish fuel?)

I'm inclined to start relatively early in the series timeline.  I'm not sure if most of the group should know each other already or if they should come together by chance.  That's something that can be discussed.

I'm not confident in my ability to GM something like this myself, but if no one wants to take on the role personally perhaps we can share responsibility for planning the overall story and keeping it moving.

Mysterica

Color me interested.  I would love to be a part in a game like this.  I don't have anything in mind right now, but when I get off work I will totally give it some thought and try to figure something out.

Daril

I'll definitely be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Mysterica

initial model
mirror reveals

So I was thinking of playing a stealth geared character who has a hard time keeping her short attention span, and energetic nature under control.  While in danger she can keep it together enough not to draw unwanted attention to herself, choosing when and where to strike carefully to get the maximum reward for the least time in danger.  While able to socialize however she wants to draw in as much attention as she can.  Eager to put herself out there she does whatever she can to make sure she can make the most of her R&R time.

Daril

So she's a ninja then?  :P  Does scouting and ambushes?

An energetic character could be pretty useful in terms of making things happen.  My character's quietness and lack of familiarity with games means she sometimes lacks initiative.

Wolfy

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I'm thinking a Magical Swordswoman, Maybe Able to create illusions That are solid enough to attack (or do other things....*kinky wink*) if she desires (think Mesmer from Guild wars 2, if you know what I mean).

Happy go lucky with an Energetic personality...but can be deadly serious if needed. :D

Daril

Wolfy -SAO's Aincrad setting doesn't have that sort of magic, at least for players.  Also, for the time being I'm not taking players who are unfamiliar with the setting since I think it would get really awkward.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Wolfie

Expressing interest.i haven't played much f/f but I will give it a shot if you'll have me. Am I to understand we will be starting in the beginning, where we are trapped in the game? I just want to be sure we are starting in SAO, and not ALO, so I can find proper pics

Wolfie

Assuming SAO here is what I came up with.

Blunt, and perfectly willing to speak her mind, she  prefers her actions to do most of the talking. I would have as a bookworm, with a serious personality covering a sweetheart deep down.

Oh! Since This will be freeform, how do you plan on regulating a drop system?

Wolfie

Oh! If I may suggest, a small group of about six seems to be best for this type of idea. As for the issue Of GM, I would be happy to supply my assistance with a small group.

Daril

Yes, we're starting in Aincrad.  I'd like to do the mirror reveal.  We could have the group form in the aftermath of that, or we could do the reveal then skip ahead a few days/weeks and have the group form then.  Actually one trick we could use if we have problems getting more players is to start the game with just the characters we have, then have the group meet an additional character or two later on.

As far as overall group size, I'd prefer to keep it to four or five.  All the SAO RPGs I've involved with died out due to a lack of posting, and the more players we have the more likely it is to get hung up because someone can't post.

I like your character concept so far.  One thing I'm a little concerned about is that the group so far is maybe a bit too Japanese in terms of weaponry and aesthetics, which is funny since I felt some of the other SAO RPGs I've been involved with were a bit heavy on foreign characters.  :D  Makes me think I should consider doing a foreign student or something based on this girl (here's a NSFW pic of her as well).  I'd done a character based on her before but this one would probably be more assertive.  She's probably be either an archer or possibly a glaive user.  Do either of you have a preference between the exchange student and the character I'd suggested in my first post?

Wolfie

I like this one better than the first post. I'm probably going to have my character be from the states, with a heavy interest in feudal era armor and weapons already. Basically this will be her chance to go back in time, and live out her samurai dreams lol. Should we get to ALO, she will be a cait sith , I am thinking. I am all for starting now, if you like.

Wolfie

Perhaps our characters are old friends, and she transferred as well to take a chance to study the culture?

Also, I would prefer to skip over Gun Gale.

Daril

I don't think its necessary for both girls to be foreign. (Is there a particular reason your character is supposed to be? I would have pegged her for a local going by the pics you chose.) It's not so much that I had a problem with the group being primarily Japanese (in fact I think that fits the setting) its more that traditional Japanese style clothing and weaponry and weaponry seemed rare in the anime, and our cast seemed to consist of a ninja, a samurai, and a girl who is into traditional Japanese archery. :D

I wasn't really planning for this RPG to include the post Aincrad settings, so I wouldn't worry about GGO.

I'm eager to get started too, but I think we need to figure out a few more things first.

Sessha

Oh fine I'll throw my hat in. As a matter of fact I'll throw this girl in the lot!

IRL Appearance:

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Wolfie

I see, then I won't worry over it. It would appear we have a knight now too though. Sessha, Welcome.

I would like to get into ALO afterward still, I enjoyed that arc.

Mysterica

Wow.  I just stopped by to take a peek before I get ready to go to class and to my surprise attention to this idea has suddenly started to manifest itself.  I'm happy because I had just about written it off for something that wouldn't ever come to pass.  Don't have long to sit down and write, but I must say that so far I like all the character concepts and am really starting to look forward to it.

Daril

Now Sessha's character strikes me as being at least part foreign due to her eyes.

I think it would be a good idea if we took our character concepts and discussed them/fleshed them out a bit.  These may not be final profiles (we kind of need to figure out what we're putting in our profiles don't we?) but here's a somewhat more detailed overview of the two characters I'm considering.  Let me know what you think.

(Note to Sessha: Hiroko/Robin is much the same as she was previously, but Sara/Artemis has been changed.)

Hiroko/Robin

Hiroko Tsukino is a university student and former high school archery champion whose family runs a shrine.  She's not very familiar with video games, but was introduced to SAO by another student in her university's archery club.  She's somewhat shy and quiet.  She's supposed to have a beauty mark under her mouth on the left side of her face.  She's also quite busty -in fact she's a little bit "nicely padded" in general.  (She's moderately athletic, but wasn't super serious about any sport except archery.)  I like to think she's considered quite a beauty in "real life."  Previous versions of her character have been prone to compromising situations, for instance having to be saved from monsters when she experiments with bathing in one of Aincrad's lakes.  :D  Because she's shy and quiet, she may need another character to take the lead when it comes to intimate activities.  Her weapon of choice is a Japanese yumi bow, a weapon that is elegant but somewhat unwieldy due to its large size (its about seven feet tall).  She's great with a bow, but not so good in a melee.

"Real life" Hiroko (though she's missing the beauty mark she's supposed to have).

"In game" Hiroko.

Sara/Artemis?

Sara McMillan is a foreign student studying in Japan.  She was likely introduced to SAO by a friend at the institution she's attending.  Compared to Hiroko, she knows the game better and is likely to be more involved in making things happen rather than just following along.  While generally confident and assertive, I can see her being shy about certain things -bathing with others for instance.  When it comes to intimate situations, she might need others to take the lead initially, but I can also see her responding more aggressively than Hiroko.  She has a tall and statesque build.  I had thought about having her use a glaive, but with her being an alternative to Hiroko I'd likely play her as an archer.  I'm thinking she's good with both bow and sword.

The NSFW pic again

Wolfie

I prefer Sara personally. As for Sessha I find her character somewhat having an old English vibe.

Wolfie

So we need character sheets, and I assume town of beginnings is the starting point... So what else do we need to get done? Hmmm....

Daril

I think the first priority should be fleshing out the characters (I wouldn't worry too much about formalized characters sheets at this point -they can come later).  Once we know what the characters are like we can figure out how they should get together as a group.

Actually on that note I'd been thinking that even if the group (mostly?) doesn't know each other in real life, it might make sense for them to have gathered together as a group before Kayaba's announcement (when they still think its just a game).  That would make it natural for them to stick together and talk to each other after the announcement.  Of course, there's also something to be said for having the group meet sometime after the announcement, after everything has stabilized a bit and there's a bit more routine and structure to player's lives.

Regarding my characters, although it might be a bit awkward I'm giving some thought to playing both.  I'm leaning towards having Sara be part of the group from the get go, with the group running into Hiroko a little later if I decide to have her join in too.

Also we should probably figure out what section this should be in.  I think the content in this game will tend to be relatively light, but should we maybe put it in the BON section in case any of the girls have a kinky side?  :P

Wolfie

Either way they meet could be beneficial. But a few floors up after the announcement would be best I think, just to skip the early levels and everyone have a full set of gear and supplies for example.maybe they all run into each other during a quest with a powerful boss? That's what I would prefer anyway. Rp or not, the setting is still a game, and I detest early grinding for levels. Maybe two or three characters together from the get go, but I consider my character the "Beater" type.

As for the section of the forums, I lean towards bondage, as it is a major fetish of mine.

Daril

Perhaps we could have the group meet early on, but do some time skips so that there isn't a lot of early game grinding.  At any rate, why don't we hash out our characters, then figure out how exactly they're going to meet?

Does your character like to tie people up, or does she liked to be tied up herself?  :P

Wolfie

The characters I play are primarily submissive, but I can play switch as well. So primarily she would be tied up in such a scene. She is the type of girl who would see any weakness as a flaw, and much less allow herself to be taken control of, likely due to a past trauma. Thus being topped would be quite the guilty pleasure for her.

Daril

The problem is that I'm not sure the other girls would be inclined to tie her up.  Well, Sara might if your character tried to tie her up first.  :D  Still, as long as none of the other players object we may as well put it in the bondage category.  That way it will be possible if the opportunity comes up, and if not we'll just concentrate on lighter material.

Think you could get something written up for your girl soon?