Young Justice - Recruitment paused

Started by Primarch, January 01, 2013, 02:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

So here's the plan, I want to set up a game where you guys play as the junior hero team 'Young Justice' and occasional hero that instructs/guides the team. We'll have a thread for Mt. Justice where you can go about your training and day to day activities. There shall also be an thread for the current ongoing mission, which I shall set up as Batman and inform you of the threat (in this capacity I will be something of a GM). I would note, you should always assume the thread in Mt. Justice is set before whatever mission thread is going on. Like the show we'll use episodic content and move from day to day occasionally.

Canons & customs are both welcome. Customs may be a 'sidekick' to a canon hero with no traditional sidekick (if you are unsure, PM me). I'll allow one fully fledged hero as an instructor for every 5 members of the Young Justice. While playing an instructor means you can play as someone with a more advanced skill/powerset, you'll also be expected to keep things running in the Mt. Justice thread.

This is what's open for now
Founding Team:
Instructor:
Young Hero:
Young Hero:
Young Hero:
Young Hero:
Young Hero:

More positions available once current roles filled.

CS:

[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Image (+optional written description for details not covered in image)

[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]

Questions, comments & suggestions welcome

AribethAmkiir

Interested in Wonder Girl or Batgirl.  Neither are founding members in cannon, but are they available to play for this?

Primarch

Absolutely. This is our Young Justice.

BruceTheCat

I would like to reserve a spot if that is possible? I'd like to make a male Young Justice with similar powers to Ink from Batman Beyond.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on January 01, 2013, 03:23:46 PM
I would like to reserve a spot if that is possible? I'd like to make a male Young Justice with similar powers to Ink from Batman Beyond.

There's no need to reserve a spot in the team, I'll expand to accommodation as many as are interested in taking part.

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

BruceTheCat

Wonderful! I will have my character sheet up this evening then.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Very good. I'll get a character thread up once we have a few good-to-go apps.

AribethAmkiir

What type of format do you want the character sheets in?

Primarch

AribethAmkiir

nm, just saw the code on the first post.  Not sure how I missed it.  :P

Primarch

I was wonder. That being said feel free to keep skills and powers short, eg
Skills: Genius intellect (math, computing), Moderate Martial Arts (Kick Boxing, Judo)
Powers: Superstrength (5 tons), telekinesis (5 tons)

AribethAmkiir

Player: AribethAmkiir
Name: Cassandra Sandsmark
Codename: Wonder Girl
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125 lbs
Appearance:
Images

Powers:     
- Demi-Goddess Empowerment: She was granted her abilities by Zeus, who granted "her fondest wish" which happened to be having superpowers.

- Superhuman Strength: Her Olympian flesh and bone is about one and a half times as dense as similar human tissue, contributing to the Olympians' superhuman strength and weight.  Currently able to lift 90 to 100 tons.

- Superhuman Speed: Like Wonder Woman, Cassie can move at supersonic speeds. She can move fast enough to not register in the normal peripheral range of humans and seemingly vanish and disappear at will. At this speed, her mind processes information at least on a subliminal level that she is aware of her surroundings.

- Superhuman Durability: Cassie's been pushed through buildings, knocked into cars and tackled by superhumans. Her godly flesh can withstand powerful impacts and blunt force trauma.

- Superhuman Reflexes: Cassie is able to react to and deflect bullets with great comfort.

- Flight: Wonder Girl can also mystically fly through the atmosphere through sure act of will, enabling her to soar through the atmosphere at sub-orbital levels and travel across the planet at supersonic speeds.

Skills: Advanced Hand-to-hand combat (trained by Artemis)
Equipment: Silver bracelets (like Wonder Woman)
Weaknesses:
    - Maternal Depowerment: Discouraged by previously shown arrogance in his children (Ares and Heracles), Zeus also blessed Cassie's mother with the ability to take away her powers for a short time via a simple touch.

Backstory: 

Cassandra "Cassie" Sandsmark is the second person to be called Wonder Girl; the first being Donna Troy.  Cassie is the daughter of Dr. Helena Sandsmark (a noted archaeologist with whom Wonder Woman was working) and the Greek god Zeus.  During a fight with a Doomsday clone and another battle with Decay, she created a costume and used magical items (the Sandals of Hermes and the Gauntlet of Atlas) to help Wonder Woman, much to her mother's horror.  Cassie later had the opportunity to ask Zeus for a boon, and requested real superpowers. Zeus granted her request, but gave Dr. Sandsmark the ability to deactivate them. Dr. Sandsmark, however, reluctantly accepted her daughter's wish to be a superheroine and rarely uses this ability.

Primarch

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the powers come from a wikia (dc database?), but for the purposes of the game it would be super handy if you could define her powers a little more clearly. Even if strength is just "100+ tons" and assume her mother still can remove her powers if needed (not that I expect to have her mother turn up in the middle of a battle and remove her powers or anything). Cheers~

BlackestKnight

Pretty obvious who I'll be playing(check the avatar)

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on January 01, 2013, 08:37:38 PM
Pretty obvious who I'll be playing(check the avatar)

Works for me. By the way, whats happening with that fighting school game you were setting up? That still happening or what?

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Primarch on January 01, 2013, 08:37:03 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the powers come from a wikia (dc database?), but for the purposes of the game it would be super handy if you could define her powers a little more clearly. Even if strength is just "100+ tons" and assume her mother still can remove her powers if needed (not that I expect to have her mother turn up in the middle of a battle and remove her powers or anything). Cheers~

Yeah, so sorry.  Meant to edit that.  Got a little sidetracked.

Primarch

Something just came up in a PM I thought would be worth bringing up here. In terms of character age. In the show characters are as young as 14 and what not, I think for the purpose of this game however I would advise Young Justice members proper work at about 16/17 and instructors about a decade older (or older if the character is depicted as being older).

While I won't be bringing up any adult content, I'm not going to stop you guys from doing what you want in the Mount Justice thread on the team's downtime so long as all characters are old enough within the sites rules. 

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on January 01, 2013, 08:39:35 PM
Works for me. By the way, whats happening with that fighting school game you were setting up? That still happening or what?

Without a motivating impetus(estrogen) to balance things out, I just don't myself being all that interested in the project. Besides I really didn't know what I was doing. I'm more of an idea guy.  Nothing against the guys personally,  but I don't see anything going forward until we get some real females on board. The game could still happen at a later date but as of now it's on hold.

AribethAmkiir

Can't wait to see the other character sheets.

Primarch

Cassie looks good. Its late in my part of the world so I'm going to bow out now, but feel free to post any character sheets and I'll review once I'm up, or post questions and the like. I reckon once we have 4 characters I'll be happy to get IC going. Fingers crossed we get that soon!

BruceTheCat

Player: Red Lobster
Name: Jonathan Hellyer
Codename: Whiteout
Height: 5'11
Weight: Varies (Typically 185lb)
Appearance:

White version of this:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The majority of the time Jonathan appears as a blonde younger man with an athletic physic, wearing a white collared sweater and a pair of light jeans. All of it however is just imitation, having over time settled on a comfortable look. Often though, since all things considered he really is just a mass of liquid, he changes his outfit, look, and even sex at his discretion.

On occasion he will imitate human clothes to surround his body, however normally this is only when company is present that is not used to the oddity of his appearance. It is fairly obvious that his frame is made solely of a clean white substance, often turning at angles that would be impossible to the normal skeletal system.

Powers:

Metamorphosis: He can turn his body into a white liquid, thus making it easy to slip through extremely small spaces.

Imitation: He can change his body to have the physical appearance, and if necessary the anatomy of any person. However all the clothing on the person or object will have a white primary color, as he is unable to change the colors too drastically.

Variable Weapons: Jonathan can turn his appendages into various types of weapons for the purposes of combat.

Size Alteration: He can alter the volume and mass of his liquid composition at will. However this is limited to 50 pounds worth on the small end, and 1000 pounds on the high end. Typically he uses this to imitate superhuman strength, when in reality he is just changing the density of the liquid behind his attack.

Immune to Projectiles: Ranged weaponry like bows and arrows, or bullets have little to no effect on him.

Regeneration: Any portion of the liquid that makes up his body is a point of regeneration. Strictly speaking Jonathan is able to have all but a very small portion of his liquid destroyed, and still be able to survive. However, this process it time consuming, and the duration is increased based on the amount required to regenerate.

Skills: Infiltration
Equipment: None
Weaknesses:

Water: Jonathan is unable to keep his form held together when exposed to large amounts of water. (Heavy rain, bodies of water)

Extreme Cold: Pretty self explanatory.

Backstory:

When Jonathan was still completely human, he become the youngest highly renown jewel thief in the world. While moving in to what was proving to be a highly profitable and extremely lucrative career, Jonathan was caught in the middle of a prize steal. While listening to the pages worth of charges, without any sort of legal representation, Jonathan was approached Research and Development company which agreed to pay off the right people to get the charges moved to time-served.

His current state of being was a result of the experimentations. They went better than any of the scientists could have predicted! So well in fact that they hadn’t account for some of the new powers Jonathan had at his disposal, which let him slip free from his captors and disappear into the big white world.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Any feedback from you guys would be great! I'm also not married to the Codename I chose. Does anybody else have any suggestions?
- scribus1000

AribethAmkiir

I like the character.  I know I'm likely going to ask something you probably want to reveal during game play, but why would a jewel thief who has recently received powers that would make him nearly unstoppable become a hero?

Jmorty33

A Young Justice team? Sounds like a team needs a Robin
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Jmorty33

Player: Jmorty33
Name: Tim Drake
Codename: Robin
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 150 lbs
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Powers: N/A
Skills:
-Martial Arts training: Tim has been trained by Batman, Nightwing, Lady Shiva and assorted others in an assortment of martial arts disciplines which include but are not limited to Kung Fu, Aikido, Jeet Kune Do, Escrima, Judo, Wing Chun, Kendo, Ninjitsu. His abilities with the bo-staff gives him an extra edge with his fighting.

-Escapologist: Batman and Nightwing have trained Tim to be skilled in escaping from any trap, lock or captivity, ranging from the most simplistic of handcuffs to the most elaborate of cages.

-Gifted Intellect: His naturally high intellect allows him to excel in computer science and more importantly as a skilled detective. Further more, Tim apparently has a firm grasp of assorted scientific techniques including biology, engineering and genetics. Batman has trained him in many disciplines, such as forensic, criminology, acrobatics, stealth, disguise, and escapology.

-Detective: like any member of The Bat Family, Tim has proven great skill in detective work.

- Tactician and Strategist: Tim, much like Dick Grayson is also a brilliant  strategist with impressive leadership skills, but has yet the courage, and the opportunity, to step up and use them .

Equipment:
-The Utility Belt: This belt includes nearly everything required to face Meta-Human and human evil. Including: Batarangs,R shaped Shurikens, Specially designed bombs of all kinds.Tracking devices and various tools that range from screwdriver sets to full scale forensic kits. It also holds a full variety of antidotes and antitoxins and first aid kit needs.

A Word on Batarangs: He carries a number of differently designed Batarangs and R shaped Shurikens, Some are designed blunt and others are sharper then a samurai sword. There are also some that make noises, Explode and even some that tie to Bat-Rope.

Weaknesses:
Tim Drake has the greatest weakness of all, The human condition. He can get sick or hurt or even killed. Though he has trained his body in to a living war machine and is at the peak of human perfection he still has no super powers of any kind. He is still just a human.

There is evens chance of mental instability. Putting the weight of two predessecors, a harsh mentor, a city, and the world on the shoulders of a 17 year old boy is dangerous on his mind. Though Tim has done well in handling it there are the small moments where the stress can get too high or a panic attack can occur. Tim tries to keep these moments under wraps and hidden away from the team.

Backstory:
Tim Drake was little more than a toddler when he attended the circus with his parents. In order to ease his wife's concerns that the circus might frighten Tim, Jack Drake asked to take a picture with the Flying Graysons, who were the starring act. It was here that Tim first met Dick Grayson, who offered Tim special attention, and even promised to dedicate his performance to the toddler. Soon after, Tim and his family bore witness to the murder of Dick's parents John and Mary, alongside Bruce Wayne. As his parents rushed him out of the circus tent, Tim managed to catch sight of the mysterious Batman consoling Dick. Feeling sorry for Dick, Jack and Janet sent him a copy of the photo they had taken prior to the murder.

A few years later at the age of nine, Tim saw footage of Batman and Robin apprehending the Penguin. Robin performed a quadruple somersault, a rare maneuver that only a Flying Grayson could do. After learning Grayson was the ward of Bruce Wayne, he came to the conclusion that Grayson was Robin and that of course Wayne was Batman. Tim continued to follow the adventures of the Dynamic Duo, as well as Grayson's becoming Nightwing and Jason Todd succeeding him as Robin. After Jason's death, Timothy began to take notice of a drastic and almost psychotic change in Batman's behavior, in which he became convinced that Batman needed a Robin to maintain his sanity.

When Nightwing left the Titans for a short time in order to find himself, Tim followed him and after helping Dick solve a mystery at Haly's Circus, was able to convince Dick that Batman needed help. However, where Dick intended to help Batman as Nightwing, Tim remained convinced that Batman needed Robin more. Dick ignored these pleads and raced off to help his mentor, only for both Dick and Bruce to be captured by Two-Face.

Realizing that his idols were in danger, Tim donned the costume of Robin, at only thirteen years old and with the help of Alfred Pennyworth, was able to rescue them. Batman, although extremely reluctant, accepted Tim as the new Robin on a trial basis after being convinced by the boy, as well as Dick and Alfred. He was trained over several months, first by Alfred, then Batman, and finally Nightwing before ever being allowed to wear the costume again or go into the field.

Unfortunately, just prior to completing his training, the ruthless Obeah Man later captured Tim's parents during a trip to the Caribbean. The Obeah man intended to sacrifice them, but Batman arrived to their rescue. Unfortunately, Janet and Jack both drank some water laced with poison, and Janet died, while Jack was left in a coma with paralysis. Batman began to reconsider Tim for the role of Robin, due to his fear that Tim was now motivated by anger, just as Jason had been. Tim, however, became more driven by his desire to do what was right, rather than petty revenge. After later saving Batman and Vicki Vale and defeating the Scarecrow, Bruce at last bestowed upon Tim the mantle of Robin, as well as a new costume. As of now he has only a years worth of experience under his belt and has much to learn.

AribethAmkiir

Fairly certain Primarch said he'd accommodate as many people as are interested.  We could definitely use another female on the team.

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on January 01, 2013, 10:15:29 PM
Any feedback from you guys would be great! I'm also not married to the Codename I chose. Does anybody else have any suggestions?
Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 02, 2013, 01:02:58 AM
I like the character.  I know I'm likely going to ask something you probably want to reveal during game play, but why would a jewel thief who has recently received powers that would make him nearly unstoppable become a hero?

I'd be a bit curious about that myself....or at least how he was recruited to the team.

Quote from: Jmorty33 on January 02, 2013, 01:47:36 AM
A Young Justice team? Sounds like a team needs a Robin

Having a Robin would be great, but a Robin using the comic skillset is a touch over-the-top for this game. In the actual series Tim Drake became Robin only the year before joining the team, so he's not had a lot of the training of his comic counterpart. Relies on his bo staff in combat as opposed to having at least 15 other forms of martial arts at his disposal for instance.

This is something worth pointing out for everyone. Keep in mind most people on the team are there to develop their skills to the point of being able to join the JLA (not to mention, the JLA itself is much younger then its comic counterpart, only founded in 2003). So if you're taking a canon character, please don't copy & paste abilities directly from dc database. Not without cutting back a bit at least. Most of those characters have had years more experience and training than the YT counterparts.

Quote from: mia h on January 02, 2013, 03:33:47 AM
If there's still room & following BlackestKnight's lead dibs on
<---

Sure thing!

BruceTheCat

I was going to save a bit of that for the roleplay, but I don't mind revealing it here if you'd like! I did not want it to be overly complicated, and while he was a jewel thief I do not want to play him as ever having been (in his opinion) a bad guy. After having turned into this thing, he knows that being a thief would be an extreme waste of his new abilities, and also, what is a guy like this going to do with money?

So (unless there is an objection from you Primarch) I was going to assume that he made his interest to join known, and was in turn recruited.
- scribus1000

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on January 02, 2013, 08:24:15 AM
I was going to save a bit of that for the roleplay, but I don't mind revealing it here if you'd like! I did not want it to be overly complicated, and while he was a jewel thief I do not want to play him as ever having been (in his opinion) a bad guy. After having turned into this thing, he knows that being a thief would be an extreme waste of his new abilities, and also, what is a guy like this going to do with money?

So (unless there is an objection from you Primarch) I was going to assume that he made his interest to join known, and was in turn recruited.

Well the thief with a heart is fine, but Young Justice are a covert team. They wouldn't have the fame of the JLA, nor is there a message board for "want to join junior team." Might I suggest he turned coat during a JLA raid on the place doing the experiments?

BruceTheCat

QuoteWell the thief with a heart is fine, but Young Justice are a covert team. They wouldn't have the fame of the JLA, nor is there a message board for "want to join junior team." Might I suggest he turned coat during a JLA raid on the place doing the experiments?

Sounds great! I will modify my backstory accordingly.
- scribus1000

Primarch

Cool stuff.

Wonder Girl is good to go unless I've missed something, if Robin & Whiteout are done by today and plus anyone else that's expressed interest we could begin IC as soon as tonight. At this rate I certainly don't see it being taking longer then tomorrow.

Jmorty33

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 08:17:12 AM

Having a Robin would be great, but a Robin using the comic skillset is a touch over-the-top for this game. In the actual series Tim Drake became Robin only the year before joining the team, so he's not had a lot of the training of his comic counterpart. Relies on his bo staff in combat as opposed to having at least 15 other forms of martial arts at his disposal for instance.

This is something worth pointing out for everyone. Keep in mind most people on the team are there to develop their skills to the point of being able to join the JLA (not to mention, the JLA itself is much younger then its comic counterpart, only founded in 2003). So if you're taking a canon character, please don't copy & paste abilities directly from dc database. Not without cutting back a bit at least. Most of those characters have had years more experience and training than the YT counterparts.

Wait, we have to go by show standards?

Primarch

Quote from: mia h on January 02, 2013, 11:15:04 AM
The comic JLA was only founded five years ago :P

After the re-boot, sure.

Quote from: Jmorty33 on January 02, 2013, 12:04:47 PM
Wait, we have to go by show standards?

Well I was basing this game of the setting of the show yeah.

Jmorty33

Primarch

Jmorty33

No it's just that I prefer comic Tim over YJ Tim. In YJthey made him timid and looking for the approval of his mentors when really Tim is pretty confident in himself and his abilities.

Primarch

Quote from: Jmorty33 on January 02, 2013, 01:29:54 PM
No it's just that I prefer comic Tim over YJ Tim. In YJthey made him timid and looking for the approval of his mentors when really Tim is pretty confident in himself and his abilities.

Oh do the personality how you want! Its just with the powers/skills, well its hard to explain why a fully trained young hero would be on a team of being developing skills to make the JLA grade. Especially at the very beginning.

apygoos

Primarch

Quote from: apygoos on January 02, 2013, 02:09:45 PM
..can I has Nightwing?

Would you mind taking him up as the teams first instructor? Would be weird to have Robin & Nightwing both as team members, but we do still need an opening instructor.

apygoos

Player:apygoos
Name:Richard "Dick" Grayson [first team instructor]
Codename:Nightwing
Height:6'1
Weight:185
Appearance: [foudn this awesome nightwing drawing]

Powers:N/A
Skills:Martail Arts, Acrobatics, Stealth, marksmanship, escape artist, computer tech, detective work
Equipment:Binoculars, Eskirma Sticks, handcuffs, holographic computer gloves, Wrist watch computer, "Wing-Dings", Bolas, Gas pellets, Flash grenades, grapple gun, lock pick, rebreather, knife, periscope, Taser.
Weaknesses: He is still a human being
Backstory: Following the murder of his parents, which was set up to look like an unfortunate trapeze accident, Richard Grayson was taken in by Bruce Wayne, becoming his ward. Bruce then exposed Dick to the Alter ego of Batman, and took him on as his sidekick as he grew. In Richards growth, he came to want to separate himself from the likes of Batman. Eventually he did break away, becoming the solo Hero of Nightwing. With a new team of young heroes forming, and his "replacement" In Tim Drake [Robin III] joining this team, he thought it a good way to help, lead, and start fresh, making his own legacy.

apygoos

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 02:19:03 PM
Would you mind taking him up as the teams first instructor? Would be weird to have Robin & Nightwing both as team members, but we do still need an opening instructor.
done.
just fetching a nice image~

BlackestKnight

Player: BlackestKnight
Name: Kal'Durham
Codename: Aqualad
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 167lbs
Appearance:
Appearance

Powers:

Atlantean sorcery
  Electricity generation
  Hydrokinesis
  Hard-Water Constructs

Atlantean attributes: Atlanteans, although Human, have through scientific and sorcerous means developed several abilities which allow them to live comfortably under the sea.

Underwater Breathing
  Enhanced Durability
  Enhanced Strength

Skills:

Toxin resistance
  Expert hand-to-hand combatant
  Multilingual

Equipment:

Waterpack: A black metallic backpack that holds an unspecified amount of water that Aqualad can use. It also holds his Water-Bearers.
Water-Bearers:Twin hilts that can hold onto water which Aqualad then uses to create his hard-water weapons. They are also used as a type of water gun to shoot water from his waterpack and can be used to help manipulate sources of water.

Weaknesses:

Dehydration: because his natural habitat is underwater, Aqualad is weakened when exposed to high temperatures and dry conditions.

Backstory:

Aqualad came from the Atlantean city of Shayeris, where he was raised by Sha'lain'a, a native of that city, and Calvin Durham, a henchman of Black Manta who was genetically altered to infiltrate Atlantis. However, his actual father is Black Manta himself. He completed his education and began mandatory military service at age 12. At 14, he was transferred to the Conservatory of Sorcery in Poseidonis.

One day, the villain Ocean-Master attacked Atlantis, causing Aquaman to battle with him. During the fight, Aquaman was defeated, but was suddenly helped by the combined forces of Kaldur'ahm and Garth. Using a combination of Garth's magic and Kaldur's fighting abilities, the two attacked Ocean-Master. Though they were easily defeated, this allowed Aquaman precious time to recover and defeat Ocean-Master. After the victory, Aquaman offered the boys the opportunity to become his protégés. Although Garth declined the offer and returned to his studies, Kaldur jumped at the chance to serve his king as his sidekick. He became a superhero two years before his tour of the Hall of Justice.

apygoos

oh hush, stargirl just wants the dick :P

Primarch

Quote from: apygoos on January 02, 2013, 02:46:59 PM
done.
just fetching a nice image~

Nightwing looks alright but would you bump his age up? If Tim Drake is 17 and Jason Todd is between them it would put Grayson at closer to his mid 20's, which would also put him at a more appropriate age for an instructor.

Blackest, could you make Aqualad closer to his incarnation when the show started? As it stands he's too old for be a team member and we already have an instructor via Nightwing.

That being said however, I believe we have enough on board to start. Character thread coming soon, Mt. Justice thread not long after that. 

apygoos

alright adjusting to 22~

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 03:02:55 PM
Nightwing looks alright but would you bump his age up? If Tim Drake is 17 and Jason Todd is between them it would put Grayson at closer to his mid 20's, which would also put him at a more appropriate age for an instructor.

Blackest, could you make Aqualad closer to his incarnation when the show started? As it stands he's too old for be a team member and we already have an instructor via Nightwing.

That being said however, I believe we have enough on board to start. Character thread coming soon, Mt. Justice thread not long after that.

Wait, so there's only one instructor character? Nothing makes sense. I thought Kaldur was the oldest one in the original group 

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on January 02, 2013, 03:08:56 PM
Wait, so there's only one instructor character? Nothing makes sense. I thought Kaldur was the oldest in the group.

One instructor for every 5 people on the team. Currently we have Wonder Girl, Whiteout, Robin & Stargirl. Assuming Aqualad will be joining them that'll make the initial 5 to be instructed by Nightwing. 

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 03:15:52 PM
One instructor for every 5 people on the team. Currently we have Wonder Girl, Whiteout, Robin & Stargirl. Assuming Aqualad will be joining them that'll make the initial 5 to be instructed by Nightwing.

Oh, I see. I'm not really looking to be a junior hero, I just wanted to do my thing as an anti- villain. I mean what sense is there in playing superhero if there is no opposition? Is that all right with you?

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on January 02, 2013, 03:18:14 PM
Oh, I see. I'm not really looking to be a junior hero, I just wanted to do my thing as an anti- villain. Is that all right with you?

Not really to be honest. I'm trying to set up the game and keep it simple for now. The game will be taking place solely in Mt. Justice & where ever they get sent for missions by Batman. Too many games get messed up in the early stages by trying to allow for too many variables. Kal's Black Manta role in the show doesn't really have a place in this game at the moment.

Primarch

Character thread, feel free to post up apps. Unless I've asked you to edit/change something and you've not done it yet.

If you are unsure if your character is approved, feel free to ask and double check.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on January 02, 2013, 03:23:12 PM
Not really to be honest. I'm trying to set up the game and keep it simple for now. The game will be taking place solely in Mt. Justice & where ever they get sent for missions by Batman. Too many games get messed up in the early stages by trying to allow for too many variables. Kal's Black Manta role in the show doesn't really have a place in this game at the moment.

All right, hero it is. I'm not sure if I should join the current group or wait for the next team to start up. I'll see what my options look like.

Vladimir valentine

Id be interested in joining if thats ok. and If you want I could play someone like zatanna or raven, they would make pretty good mentors because they are powerful and know how to work in teams.

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on January 02, 2013, 03:26:36 PM
All right, hero it is. I'm not sure if I should join the current group or wait for the next team to start up. I'll see what my options look like.

Its up to you mate. You can join as a junior hero now or as an instructor later. But this game is about Junior Heroics, so I don't think an anti-villain character will ever have a place in the game. Unless you fancy splitting GM-duties and make every second away mission related to some ongoing YT v Black Manta plot.

Quote from: Vladimir valentine on January 02, 2013, 03:46:34 PM
Id be interested in joining if thats ok. and If you want I could play someone like zatanna or raven, they would make pretty good mentors because they are powerful and know how to work in teams.

Its still cool to join, who you join as is up to you.

Vladimir valentine

I'll go with zatanna then ^ ^

Primarch

Quote from: mia h on January 02, 2013, 04:05:56 PM
Primarch,
just trying to understand and make sure everyone is on the same page, but are we starting the game in or around the 5 year jump between seasons? So it's not the first intake\formation of YJ but the second or third batch of recruits.

We're starting from the absolute beginning. The team has just been formed. Best way to consider it would be an AU game, same concept and setting but different people involved when everything starts.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: mia h on January 02, 2013, 04:05:56 PM
Primarch,
just trying to understand and make sure everyone is on the same page, but are we starting the game in or around the 5 year jump between seasons? So it's not the first intake\formation of YJ but the second or third batch of recruits.

Actually, I think it may be an alternate universe but based around the core foundation of the show. It's based on the tv show, but it's not the tv show per se. I think it's suppose to be a composite style game that borrows from the tv show while adding-on or differentiating in certain other ways. (custom characters, missions, founding team) At first I was confused, but I think I know where the gamemaster is going with this one.  I'm holding out until we get a Barbara Gordon(or a Cassandra Cain).

Cold Heritage

Renouncing dibs on Superboy.

Primarch

IC Thread You may post after posting to the Character thread.

Don't forget you all get a designation (BXX) the X's replaced by the number of your joining the Team. Your particular designation number will be based on your first person to post. (First person to post is B01, second will be B02, third B03 and so on, so on.) Instructors can just pick a number after 7, minus the 'B' as you're not part of the B team.

Re Z L

I'd be interested in playing Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) if you still want more young members   ;D
A&A

Vladimir valentine

Player: Vladamire Valentine
Name: Zatanna Zatara
Codename: Zatanna
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 137
Appearance:

Powers: magic: activated by saying desired effect backwards
Skills:  master of magic.
Pyrokinesis: Generation and Control of fire
Aerokinesis: Generation and Control of Air
Geokinesis: Control of Earth/Rock
Hydrokinesis: Control of Water
Cryokinesis: Generation and Control of Ice
Telepathy: Zatanna can use her magic to manipulate the minds of others. She has displayed the following abilities.
Read Minds
Chlorokinesis: Control over plants
Flight
Force Field
Teleportation: Able to teleport herself and/or others to anywhere she desires.
Probability Manipulation
Magical Awareness: supernatural sensitivity to occult activities and mystic phenomena.
Dispel: Able to remove illusions and holographic images that her opponents have set up.
Telekinesis
Regeneration: Able to heal herself and others
Spectral Sight: She can see spiritual entities and travelers invisible to normal sight; she can perceive magical entities.
Prestidigitation: Zatanna is skilled in stage magic, performing simple tricks and elaborate illusions.
Good Combatant: She has also been taught conventional fighting skills, but favors using magic in place of them.
Occultist: as Chronicler of Magic she possesses an extensive understanding of Occult lore due to her Mystic Background
Hypnotist
Improvisation: She prepares specific spells (a couple of hundred) but improvises a good bit for the unpredictable situations she encounters.
Multi-lingual: Able to speak English, Spanish, Italian, French, Latin and "Backwards Speech". As noted throughout the comics, she doesn't show any difficulty in speaking backwards when performing spells. It seems she can speak backward speech without hesitation and with clarity. Backwards Speech is most commonly known as Mnemonic Incantations.

Equipment: outfit, magic wand, magic hat.
Weaknesses: anything that prevents her from speaking.
Backstory:  Zatanna had been trained by her father and mentor Zatara, he trained her to fight and use her magical powers. Zatanna had been introduced to the younge justice league by her father. After his sacrifice to nabu, she had no home and no no father so she joined the justice league until she could figure out what she wanted to do with her life.
(Not sure what else to put here.)

apygoos

note: This isn't the League, the team is just league correspondents . Just pointing out a minor edit

Vladimir valentine

Thanks, that's why I couldn't put much of a history for her.

apygoos

AribethAmkiir

Do we have an OOC thread for this, yet?

Cold Heritage

Posting Superboy anyway.

Player: Cold Heritage
Name: Superboy
Codename: Superboy
Age: 16 weeks chronologically; mentally and physically 16 years old
Height: 6'
Weight: 180 lbs
Appearance:

Powers:

•     Super strength: This is one of Superboy's main abilities, allowing him to easily pick up or carry heavy objects. He has displayed the ability to lift up to 150 tons so far using equipment in Mt. Justice. His strength may increase with time and exposure to yellow sunlight.
  •     Super leap: To compensate for his inability to fly like Superman, Superboy uses the super-strong muscles in his legs to jump incredible distances and heights.
  •     Invulnerability: Like Superman, Superboy is nearly indestructible. He experiences pain.
  •     Super hearing: Superboy can pick up the faintest of sounds over long distances.
  •     Infrared vision: This ability allows Superboy to visually detect heat signatures, allowing him to easily see in the dark.

Skills:

•     Multilingual: Superboy can understand and speak many languages outside of English. He is at least fluent in Spanish, Atlantean, French, Korean, Arabic, and Russian, among other languages.
  •     Encyclopedic knowledge: Likely due to the G-Gnomes, Superboy has an encyclopedic knowledge of World History.
Equipment: None.
Weaknesses:

•     Kryptonite. Because he is not a pure Kryptonian, its effect upon Superboy is markedly less potent.
  •     Code Words: Project Cadmus left Superboy with programmed command phrases that may be spoken to compel his behaviour. The phrase 'Red Sun' will cause him to black out for several hours, remaining totally immobile. Others may exist.
  •     Flawed: The process by which Superboy was created has blocked his capacity to develop advanced Kryptonian powers such as flight or heat vision, and will prevent him from aging beyond his current state.
  •     Monkeys: Superboy hates monkeys.
Backstory: Created by Project Cadmus, a clandestine operation that experimented in genetic manipulation as a replacement/countermeasure for Superman should he perish/go rogue, Superboy existed for much of his brief existence within a pod. In the pod he was mentally programmed with information that he would need to act as a living weapon by a genetically created creature known as a G-Gnome. During a raid on Cadmus labs, Superboy was freed from his pod, and after a period of disorientation, gained some measure of personal control over himself. In the aftermath he was taken to Mt. Justice and made part of the young team. Although Superboy hoped for recognition from Superman, the latter was unnerved by a clone made without his knowledge or consent and gave Superboy the cold shoulder, rejecting the young clone. Superboy lives in Mt. Justice, and occupies his time training alone, staring at the television, and sleeping in a closet.

apygoos

dunno  but wouldnt they have seen Dick from where he was in the place?
also yay superboy!

BruceTheCat

You specifically said that you were "getting settled" and doing stretches, so I envisioned that Dick was in his room while we were basically coming into the front lobby.
- scribus1000

AribethAmkiir

I didn't want to make the assumption that Dick was out in the open.  It was a bit vague, but he can easily answer Cassie's call if anyone is home and they can be off in a corner or down a hall by the time Whiteout arrives.

apygoos

ill work  on clairfying in my next post, which ill do now then :)

apygoos

yea i just noticed, we have stargirl and whiteout at 12:40, meanwhile ten minutes ago Wondergirl and Nightwing where there, so would ti be safe to say then that Nightwing and Wondergirl may have wandered off for the moment? then rejoin the other two once they pop up?

BruceTheCat

I've almost always just found the whole time-point thing just weird and confusing.
- scribus1000

Jmorty33

Hey, I just noticed this. The three founding members of the comic Young Justice team are in the game.

Primarch

Yeah, feel free to work without the timestamp if its causing problems. Time might be an issue in missions but that's separate entirely and I'll primarily be handling that element.
Superboy & Zatanna can feel free to post to the character thread and getting involved.

If if missed anything else that needs to be addressed, feel free to bring it up again.

Re Z L

Player:  Re Z L

Name:  Jaime Reyes

Codename:  Blue Beetle

Height:  5' 9"

Weight:  165

Appearance:  A scrawny Mexican-American.  He has short, dark hair which matches his eyes and a caramel colored complexion.

Appearance

Powers:  The powers of the Blue Beetle are best broken into three categories, those that the Scarab can use independently, those that its host can use, and those that manifest only while wearing the Blue Beetle armor.

Scarab - Khaji Da

• Energy Absorption - The Scarab can absorb a blast of energy that would land a human in the hospital.
  • Independent Animation - The Scarab is capable of moving short distances on its own, either by crawling or flying.  When fused to a biological host the Scarab relies on its host for movement.
  • Pincer Blades - The Scarab's pincers are capable of cutting through metal.  When fused to a biological host the Scarab relies on the host for such abilities.
  • Scarab Mindlink - The Scarab is capable of communicating with Scarabs that have not integrated with a host.  The Scarab may also interface with other Scarabs that have bonded with a biological host as long as its host first penetrate's the other's armor.

Host - Jaime Reyes

• Symbiotic Synaptic Interface - The Host's nervous system is bonded with the Scarab's, this allows the two to share their thoughts and emotions with one another.  The communication between the Scarab and its Host can only be intercepted by mind-reading.
  • Tracking Systems - The Scarab is capable of tracking anything which produces energy, be it biological, technological, or mystical.  It can track anyone the Host has met from at least seventy miles distance.
  • Scarab Sight - The Scarab can scan anything that the Host encounters.  It can identify major physical conditions, such as pregnancy or diseases; identify metahumans; identify relatives via genetic analysis; detecting sentience; extra-dimensional objects; it remains continually aware of electricity in the environment; it can perceive magic, being able to monitor its effect, determine how it can be dispelled and see through magical concealment.  It is capable of scanning at least a five-mile radius.
  • Network Connection - The Scarab can establish a link to communication systems, enabling its Host to talk through them or listen in on them.
  • Clothing Manifestation - The Scarab can create clothes for its host which dissolve moments after the host removes them.
  • Concealment - The Scarab is capable of concealing itself from modern technology, blocking off cameras and microphones in its vicinity for example.  It can also block mystical attempts to probe it.  Sufficiently advanced technology can detect it with less difficulty.
  • Healing - The host heals at a faster rate than a normal human.

Armor

• Superhuman Strength - Able to move small trucks with ease.
  • Superhuman Agility - Able to fly and move quickly enough to dodge many attacks with ease.
  • Environmental Protection - The armor allows the host to survive in a variety of hazardous environments.  The host can withstand extreme temperatures and pressures, including the vacuum of space, and can survive reentry through the earth's atmosphere and the subsequent impact.
  • Armor Reconfiguration - The armor can reconfigure itself to create a wide array of tools and weapons, including an energy cannon, a sword and shield, a grappling hook, an energy blaster, claws, wings, and a set of large powered blades attached to the hands, over a foot in length, that can shear through tree trunks.
  • Partial Manifestation - The host can manifest parts of the armor, such as the energy blaster, without needing to manifest the whole suit.
  • Wing Shields - The armor can create a pair of wings allowing the host to fly and hover, they can double as a shield if necessary.  A jet thruster can be manifested to increase his flying speed tremendously at the cost of close maneuverability.
  • Energy Manipulation - The armor can shape and manipulate the energy it stores for a variety of effects:  energy blasts, energy cocoons, small-scale solid constructs, 3-D holograms and shields.
  • Antagonist Adaptation - The armor can tailor its blasts for use against specific opponents (eg. Kryptonite radiation, non-lethal suppression blasts, anti Green Lantern manifestations, anti-magic).
  • Energy Bubble - The armor is able to create a temporary energy bubble around the host and nearby people.  The bubble shields those within from outside attacks, but prevents them from leaving.  Flashes attempting to vibrate out of it have been blasted by the shield.
  • Vibrational Frequency Manipulation - The armor can negate the vibrational frequencies of extra-dimensional objects, pulling them into this reality.  This can also shift the Host out of phase with the universe, making him invisible and intangible to anything apart from technologies that normally interact with such objects.

Skills:  Witty banter, sick skateboarding skills, swag, and other skills that an otherwise normal 17-year-old would have.

Equipment:  Blue Scarab fused to his spine located on this back.

Weaknesses:

• Green Lantern Corps - The Scarab sees the Green Lanterns as the "enemy".  The Scarab urges its host to kill them when they are present, acting very aggressively towards them.  The Green Lantern rings respond with "fear" towards the Scarab, inducing different affects depending on their wielder (Sparks, Migraines, Desire to kill the Host, etc.)
  • Truce With Nature - The Scarab will not hurt nature, or the magical creatures thereof, of its own volition.  The Host must force the Scarab into helping one way or another.
  • Alien Sentience - The Scarab's sentience and morality is strictly inhuman.  It cares little for humans in general and is willing to injure or kill them.  The Host must maintain control to prevent it from doing either.
  • Reach Tech - The Scarab's armor can be breached by the weapons of other Scarabs.  The Scarab and the Host are susceptible to Reach technology, forcing the Host to resist being controlled by them.
  • Magic - While the Scarab is aware of magic, it doesn't understand it.  It's able to perceive, absorb, and disrupt magical energies, but little else.  As a result, creatures of magic are often a significant challenge.  The Scarab can't analyse certain mystical creatures, and so is unable to develop countermeasures for them.  When faced with certain other mystical entities, such as the Spectre, the Scarab panics, offering its Host ever more powerful weapons to take them on, which can have unintended consequences.
  • Magnetic Shielding - Strong magnetic fields block the Scarab's ability to track.
  • Dispelling the Armor - When the armor is removed it causes the Host intense physical pain.  The more the armor is used the more the Host gets used to the pain, though it is never gone completely.
  • Teenage Boy - Jaime has all of the weaknesses normally associated with being a teenager.

Backstory:  Originally from El Paso Texas, Jaime Reyes was a typical high school kid.  One day, while doing some urban exploring with some friends, he happened upon the blue Scarab.  Thinking it to be some kind of old stone artifact he took it home with him.  That night, as Jaime slept, the Scarab came to life, crawling over to him and fusing itself to his nervous system through his spine, taking Jaime as his biological host.  Normally a Scarab would attempt to overwrite its host's personality to infiltrate and destroy the planet, however this Scarab had been severed from its hive-mind and began to develop it's own independent sentience.

Jaime began using the powers of the Scarab to help defend his little corner of the world, though as things became more dangerous he began to notice that he was bringing more and more danger to his family and the people he loved, so he decided to leave.  Batman noticed him before too long and kept an eye on him before moving towards Jaime's recruitment into the Young Justice program.

Raised Catholic, though whether he continues to practice isn't really known, he has a powerful sense of right and wrong which he isn't afraid to stand up for.  He favors witty repartee during fights, much to the chagrin of his symbiotic Scarab named Khaji Da with whom he often has (seemingly) one sided conversations.
A&A

Primarch

Looks good.

I've received interest from another person via PM, after that person I'll be halting recruitment on Team Members until we have another Instructor in place. I might be GMing it on my own but I'd appreciate a small number able to nudge things along with training sessions and generally making sure characters are doing alright IC.

apygoos

funny you say that cause I was making it a point to get a Nightwing post up tonight and get everyone settled, do we have a map of the lay of the land?

Jmorty33

AribethAmkiir

Hey Primarch do we have an OOC for this, yet?

apygoos

just realized: superboy may inadvertantly get a different name, lol

apygoos

that works perfectly, I'll let the scene stay open for a bit before Dick gives them the tour

apygoos

...oh god, now all the Wonder Girl x Nightwing fanfics will come to fruition

Jmorty33

I actually think that more Wonder Girl x Superboy fan fics would come here since that pairing is canon in the comics.

apygoos

Just a waiting game for a Batgirl to come around, I can feel it.
either way, we need an OOC thread for this, >.>

Diesel Heart

Player: Wardence
Name: Veronica Anne Arky
Codename: Anarchy
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 152
Appearance:

Veronica stands at 5'7" and weighs roughly 140 pounds on average. She features very punk-like hair fashioned in what best can be described as a loose mohawk that's leaning to the side while the rest of her head is shaved. Her eyes are low and due to how she usually almost always wears black cosmetics, her pale golden eyes really stand out in a crowd. She exhibits various piercings as well, most notably the left eyebrow piercing and lip piercing. Physically, she appears very athletic, sporting noticeable abs and biceps. Her wrists (though mostly concealed with tattoos) sport various healed burn wounds and seemingly deep abrasions. The left wrist seems lightly disfigured.

Her torso is entirely covered in tattoos of various designs, however the bulk shares a design of a rose garden of black roses and skulls. The thorn vines travel and weave to other tattoos, sprouting either a skull or rose. A tilted word 'Vivi' curves along just above her right breast line in tribal italicized lettering with the dot of the lower case i trailing towards a flaming tribal guitar on her stomach, interlining with the rose garden vines. Her right shoulder bears an anarchy symbol as if it were branded on her with flame featuring with it a small chain link that travels up her shoulder and collar to wrap around her neck and travel down the other shoulder in a similar pattern where an upside down anarchy sign is seeming tattooed to resemble graffi

Powers:
* Amateur Level Magic: Having been able to utilize its energies, she began to study magic. Knowing her memory's capabilities, she was taken down the Foci path rather than using components and spellbooks. It's focused primarily on healing, but she's been able to perform teleportation as well as some sigils and wards before.
* Eidetic Memory: Veronica's memory is eidetic, allowing her to recall other aspects of the event including sensory information that is visual (Sight), auditory (Sound), tactile (Touch), gustatory (Taste), and olfactory (Smell), as well as other dimensions.
* Adaptive Muscle Mimicry: Thanks to her memory being so cognitively hyper-sensitive, innate fighting prowess, and die-hard trail and error attitude, Anarchy is able to replicate or mimic most motor skills relatively well. Though this is not perfectly accurate, she has proven to be able to mimic athletic feats, moves from various fighting styles, and feats of marksmanship. (Essentially this means she enters a trance-like state in stressful combat. Her vision will go grey and its pretty much like a version of heightened perception, intuition, and awareness.)
Skills:
* Adept Free Runner: Veronica often grew bored when she wasn't involved with something, and thus self-taught herself by watching others paying tribute to her memory's capabilities.
* Adept Firearm Usage: Veronica displays an impressive accuracy and skill with various firearms, though favors pistols. She is capable of hitting a target dead on from at least fifty feet with a normal handgun and capable of hitting a four square foot target from a hundred feet away with a sniper rifle.
* Wheelman: Give Veronica a vehicle with an even number of wheels, and she'll give you a new lap time.
Equipment:
* Goggles: The goggles carry with them various technological sights including night vision, thermal vision, and has a build-in uplink to the crime computer and telecommunications display.
* Esperance: French for "Promise". It's what Veronica named the ebony black handgun. A master's work, the handgun can be disassembled and reassembled again to fit other various types of ammo, due to the amount of adaptable pieces that came with the handgun itself. On either side of the weapon are two polished circles which offer mirror-like properties, which seem to display images... Which makes it all the more obvious that Esperance isn't a normal handgun. Esperance has in way it's own presence. It doesn't want to be used by anybody else but their respective owner, and anybody else holding the handgun will find it awkward, to the point of finding the weapon inaccurate, unbalanced, etc. But when the owner holds it, it however feels like it fits their hand just the way it should, giving the feeling that it belongs in their hand: it actually improves the accuracy up to near-perfect levels. But it's more interesting property is, even if loaded with lethal ammo, it will never actually kill (or truly injure) unless deliberately firing it lethally. Each shot drains the target's energy, in a way that a mortal wound caused by the bullet will instead just knock them out for a while. A crippling shot at the target's leg, in example, will still cripple him/her, but without the pain and injury.
Weaknesses:
* Mortal: Veronica is still a mortal and ages as any other human would. She possesses a trained and experienced willpower, but things are still on par with others. A simple firearm or blade can still harm her as well as anything else out of the ordinary.
* Psychological Issues: For the larger majority, this is unknown, but Veronica suffers deep psychological issues which can prove to be debilitating in certain instances. Things already known to set her off is the use of children against her, implying she is without her own sanity, or the loss of loved ones and friends.
* Savant Syndrome: Veronica is diagnosed with Savant Syndrome and explains her incredible prodigious talent with a guitar as well as her difficulty in applying her eidetic memory to its full use.
Backstory:
The truth behind Veronica's true origins are actually unknown. Later discovery in life have revealed her memories to have been tampered with in the past and most of what she grew up knowing to be a lie. She does know however, that her father was the notorious Dimitri "The Truth" Vincento, a notorious drug trafficker during the nineties and early two thousands. She was used as his pawn of distraction to the local authorities during her early life from the age of six. At the age of eleven she came into possession of a stolen guitar and decided to try and use it. Due to her savant syndrome, she took to it immediately, learning a song she heard on the radio by ear after a few days of trying. Continued efforts as the years past, she eventually began to earn some money off the streets playing guitar when she wasn't busy struggling with survival or working for "The Truth".  After getting the impression of always being an outsider to soceity, she ran into an individual who taught her the beliefs of anarchy. She saw it as a means to strike back at those who had done her wrong and began to change her style of music, lyrical meanings, appearance, and outlook on life. Due to her efforts of violence encouraging musical displays and public defiance of the law, the people deemed her "Anarchy".
For the next two years, "Anarchy" became a bane in the sides of police and other heroic individuals who tried to stop her. It wasn't until a group of heroes that worked with other teenage metahumans attempted to arrest her that she finally came into custody of the law. Not knowing she had no birth certificate and no proof of residence, the group of heroes worked with the authorities until the conclusion was made that Veronica would stay with those who arrested her in legal custody until further notice. During the time, she was whipped into shape by various mentors and instructors who taught her martial arts, moral codes, social skills, and some general education. Eventually "The Truth" made an appearance and made things more difficult until she finally stood up against him to make the arrest herself. The court date followed shortly after and all actions and charged placed under her were not held accountable in accordance to forced coercion outside of her individual actions as "Anarchy". She was sentenced to perform a reformation program with the group she was already with, as results were being shown through their actions. She eventually came into a field leader position with the program until it was shut down for lack of funding and she parted ways with the group.
Since then, she has dedicated herself to putting what she's learned to good use, fighting crime where she can find it. Eventually, in a chance of fate, one might say, she met with a woman on the same job she was working on, and the two hit it off quite nicely. Seeing the situation Anarchy was placed in, the generous soul kindly offered to help her out and soon became her legal guardian. Months pass and Anarchy gets her GED on request of the woman as well as starting her tutelage to becoming a sorcerer. For a celebration ceremony of a mutual friend, gifts were exchanged to all members present where Anarchy found herself with the pistol "Esperance" named after the promise she's made to the woman to never let her down or forget what she's taught her.

Darkcide

Player: Darkcide
Name: Damien Wilson.
Codename: Ravager
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 185 lbs
Appearance:

Actual Appearance

Powers:
Enhanced Physical Attributes: Damien can press a maximum of two tons under duress. His running speed tops out at 50 mph. A reaction speed of 40 kph allowing him to dodge gunfire at point blank ranges. Damien is durable enough to walk away from injuries that would seriously harm or kill a normal person, though he is by no means able to withstand a prolonged beating from a superhumanly strong adversary.

Heightened Senses: Damien has superior senses to a normal human.

Enhanced Intellect: Damien's mind functions like a computer as he's able to utilize 90% of his mental processes. He percieves things at inhuman speeds, he has an accelerated aptitude for learning and problem solving, has perfect recall and can assess threats and respond to them quickly.

Limited Healing Factor: He cannot regenerate limbs, but his body heals damaged tissue quickly. He can recover from multiple gun wounds or broken bones in hours. Also gives him a heightened resistance to illness, poisons and chemical agents.

Limited Precognition: These visions are triggered by adrenaline and at times give him brief glimpses into the future that allow him to predict what opponents will do. This ability is uncontrollable however and not something that he can readily rely on.

Skills: Martial Arts Training (Personal style has elements of Krav Maga, Muay Thai & Jujitsu.)
Genius Intellect centered around tactics and problem solving
Marksman
Fieldcraft
Vehicle Handling

Equipment:

Armor: A kevlar-promethium composite that are fairly resistant to conventional damage. The mask is a faceplate that has sensors built into the eyes that allow him to see in different spectrums, offers limited life support in charges, and has a communication device built in.
Firearms: He has access to an assortment of firearms, though he usually carries two pistols and at times a sniper rifle of some kind with a preference towards H&K.
Sword: Promethium forged longsword with an acid etched edge.
Grenades: Damien frequently carries 2 of each type. Fragmentation, Incediary, Smoke, and Flashbangs
Energy Lance: A metal staff that is capable of blasting energy beams of intense heat from both ends. Inherited from his father.

Weaknesses: Personality Quirks Damien has a major chip on his shoulders and is by nature a loner and he overestimates his capabilities.
Anger: He shares his father's horrible temper and can be something of a loose cannon.
Heightened Senses: His sharpened senses leave him vulnerable to both strobe effects and sonic attacks.

Backstory: Damien Wilson is an illegitimate son of Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke the Terminator born through an affair on one of Slade's adventures. After Slade's fallout with his wife Adeline, he met his son for the first time through the machinations of his ex lover. She was a rebel who fought against a harsh dictatorship and after years of saving up from the raids she conducted, she was able to scrape enough together for a sit down with the Terminator. He remembered her instantly, and upon seeing the boy he decided to raise him alongside his daughter Rose. The two children were extremely competitive with one another, and Slade brought them with him on his travels and personally trained them. Rose would wind up becoming the more amoral of the two, while Damien maintained a strong sense of justice to him and a disdain for those who abuse power due to his upbringing. While Rose was eager to follow their father into the life of a mercenary, Damien on the other hand wanted to use his abilities for a greater purpose and has turned his training towards fighting crime with his father's blessing so long as their interests don't clash. While he does fight on the side of the angels, he's closely monitored for his frequent usage of excessive force.

Primarch

Darkcide is our interested party via PM, go ahead and post to the character thread.

Warden, I'm not sure where your character learned magic, or where "Esperance" comes from. I'd also like to know more about what benefits she'll start with based on her  Adaptive Muscle Mimicry.

That being said, between Darkcide & Warden, team 2 is now full. Bar an Instructor. I'm not expanding until we have an instructor for Team 2.

Primarch

Diesel Heart

Seems my copy paste cut off to explain those two questions. Apologies.

Well, this character has been someone I've been playing in various different venues, be them MMORPG, PnP, or simple renditions on other games with no roleplay aspect since around November of 2011. Most actively, she's my main character on the MMORPG Champions Online. The mass version of the character can be found: http://www.primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=Vivi here if you are more curious.

She began to learn magic from the woman who became her legal guardian shortly after the start of her heroic career, when she took interest in wanting to help the woman out with healing others they affiliated with. Months later same said woman decided to give her a gift for a celebration in the form of that pistol. Again, apologies if the copy paste didn't go all the way through. I will edit the post and insert the rest of the information accordingly.

apygoos

If I may makea suggestion? Why not let Aqualad be instructor 2? that way recruitment could keep rolling well. He already is a very strong, solid character to take up that role.

Primarch

Quote from: apygoos on January 04, 2013, 08:02:25 PM
If I may makea suggestion? Why not let Aqualad be instructor 2? that way recruitment could keep rolling well. He already is a very strong, solid character to take up that role.

I'm not against that, although personally I think its cool we have a couple of the original characters from the series on the active teams. But if Blackest wants to switch before anything happens IC to set him into place I'm okay with it. Would just need to bump the age up a bit & I move the character from team 2 to Instructor in the character sheet.

Quote from: WardenIce on January 04, 2013, 12:06:46 PM
She began to learn magic from the woman who became her legal guardian shortly after the start of her heroic career, when she took interest in wanting to help the woman out with healing others they affiliated with. Months later same said woman decided to give her a gift for a celebration in the form of that pistol. Again, apologies if the copy paste didn't go all the way through. I will edit the post and insert the rest of the information accordingly.

Sure, go ahead and post to the character thread.

Primarch

Quote from: mia h on January 05, 2013, 11:35:30 AM
Just want to check I'm not misunderstanding this, the instructors are basically going to hang around Mt. Justice 24/7, drinking coffee, tidying up after the kids, doing the laundry etc. while everyone else gets to have fun. OK, it's not going to be that extreme but saying 'active teams' suggests that instructors are 'inactive' and won't get to go outside and play.

Well for the most part that's correct. When the teams aren't on a mission they're responsible for the teams training and what not, but when there's a mission to be performed its the team responsibility. The team was put together to get sidekicks and junior levels heroes together and give them their own responsibility. Having the instructors tag along to hold their hand through missions would make the whole thing redundant. The instructors are occupying the role of Red Tornado & Black Canary in the show.

If a situation escalates and things turn dire, instructors could move in as reinforcements where possible. But generally speaking they are not a part of the team proper.

apygoos

suddenly Dick takes on Babs cripple role

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Primarch on January 05, 2013, 01:17:27 PM
Well for the most part that's correct. When the teams aren't on a mission they're responsible for the teams training and what not, but when there's a mission to be performed its the team responsibility. The team was put together to get sidekicks and junior levels heroes together and give them their own responsibility. Having the instructors tag along to hold their hand through missions would make the whole thing redundant. The instructors are occupying the role of Red Tornado & Black Canary in the show.

If a situation escalates and things turn dire, instructors could move in as reinforcements where possible. But generally speaking they are not a part of the team proper.

If the instructors roles are this limited perhaps the people playing instructors could have another character so that they can still participate in the game while the teams are on missions?

Primarch

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 05, 2013, 01:37:33 PM
If the instructors roles are this limited perhaps the people playing instructors could have another character so that they can still participate in the game while the teams are on missions?

I'm not against that.

I'd also not be against the Instructors being in radio contact with the team to offer advice and co-ordinate where appropriate (might not be able to be in radio contact from half the world away or in an underground lair for instance).

Re Z L

A&A

Primarch

Primarch

Jmorty33

apygoos

Re Z L

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have Starfire babysit a bunch of teenagers must have been out of their mind  ;D
A&A

Google

Possibly for an instructor... who doesn't want a little

The sort of character to provide a bit of conflict with the group and of course... its always fun to show the path untraveled.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Primarch

The recently open instructor position has been occupied I'm afraid.

Also, I'd find it hard to explain why the JLA would have Jason Todd as an Instructor to future members of the JLA.

Google

AN excellent point there, however if Jason were to profess a desire to play nice, which recent issues have shown he might be moving towards considering his more cordial relationship with Tim and the willingness to help out the family, Bats might be using Dick to keep an eye on his more... impulsive brother. Just an idea I had though, if it is felt that it wouldn't be a good fit I take no offense at all.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

apygoos

Dick wouldn't trust Jason in that position, not after the stunts hes pulled. Besides, might as well end up getting the whole bat family together at that rate. I like Jason, just not too fit for this RP, the way I feel it,

Google

apygoos

well shouldi make a male or female as my second character?.. hmmm..

Cold Heritage

With Anarchy and Ravager already on the team, what's one more anti-hero?

Jmorty33

Hmmm I'd see Jason as more of a villain for the team. Still pissed and looking for vengance against the bat and decides to attack the team that his replacement is a part of.

Primarch

Just a heads up guys/anyone reading this. Someone has expressed interest to me in taking the last spot in the second team, for now I'm reserving the spot for them and I won't be accepting any others until after the first mission is launched. There's already a wide variety of characters and I've been pondering a mission that will allow each character a moment to shine. There's going to be enough for me to keep track of already. I'd like to play out some of a mission and see how it goes.

apygoos

sounds like a plan, so im guessing Nightwing and Starfire would only get involved if it started to get messy?

Cold Heritage

If recruiting is closed it might be prudent to edit the subject of the first post.