Sith-War Era Star Wars Game GM?

Started by Bayushi, May 21, 2005, 08:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayushi

Hi, I just get to see the new Star Wars movie, and would love to have a Heavy Adult Themed Star Wars game based in the time at the beginning of the Republic, when the Jedi fought the Sith enmasse.

Unlike the movies, in these early days, there were often hundreds, maybe thousands, of Sith Lords, until Sith Lord Exar Kun changed things and made it a rule for there only to be two: A Master and Apprentice.

I feel that if a Sith capture a Jedi, the Sith do many evil, horrible, sex things to the Jedi, especially if Jedi is a woman. Which would make the game a "Heavy Content" game.

I ask if anyone like to GM such a game? I play in one before, on Yahoo!Groups, with email, but I think game like that work good here.

Hunter

You could also interpret the rule of only two Sith to mean only two Sith Lords.  Which would still allow plenty of Sith characters.   8)

Bayushi

Actually.....

In the Knights of the Old Republic comic series, and in LucasArts' Knights of the Old Republic 1+2, which I have for the Playstation2, there used to be many Sith Lords. The Sith, the actual force-using anti-Jedi, were numerous in the old days of the Republic. They also had a lot of flunky soldiers and officers, etcetera. Many of these soldiers wielded blades imbued with 'Cortosis Ore', a rare mineral that naturally resists the blades of lightsabers, so the lightsabers cannot cut through them. If I rememeber correctally, they were called Sith Swords.

It was the infighting between all the Sith that caused Sith Lord Exar Kun to rule that there could be no more than two sith at any time. Infighting and blood feuds between Sith weakened their ranks, helping to bring them down, and make them vulnerable to the Jedi.

Eventually, if I remember correctally,  Jedi named Nomi Sunrider, a cute redheaded Jedi Warrioress, actually slew Kun. Exar Kun is involved in the "Jedi Academy" series of Star Wars novels, where his spirit corrupts one of Luke Skywalker's powerfull students into killing many of people.

^^

Ajoxer

I'll be willing to join, as a Sith.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Hunter

*swears (loudly) that he must be the only one interested in light games anymore*
I'll take a gander at it.  No promises, though.   ;D

Ajoxer

I'm still interested in that Sailor Moon thing. ^_^ I just wish that somebody would be Sailor Jupiter, for me to lavish affection and kindnesses upon...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Tahiri Anashia

actually Akika Kun never was slain, he was just defeated.  5 of the most powerful jedi knights in the order rallied at Yavin 4, and together created a wall of the light side so strong Kun could do nothing, so he brought all his Massassi warriors together and preformed some sith ritual that tore his spirit from his body and imprisioned it within the walls of the temples on Yavin 4.

If no one else would be willing to run the game suggested I might but i can't make any garantees i'd prefer someone else did :D

Lirliel

I'm so there!

Just one question when exactly do you want it to start, in the Old Republic setting (Before the Mandalorian wars) or even earlier then that before the time of Exar Kun when the Sith where more of a religion order then a group of dark sided jedi?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Tahiri Anashia

if i'm allowed to play and not DM :D i'd prefer to play after Kun's defeat.  I'd wanna play Vima Sunrider, who is Nomi's daughter in Tales of the jedi.

Moridin

If I knew that time period as well as I do the era after Return of the Jedi, I'd give running this a shot.  Unfortunately, I don't, though I would love to play in such a game if someone can be found to run it.
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Bayushi

I think it would be easiest to play BEFORE Kun's defeat. After his defeat, there can be only two Sith at any one time.

That would make for very very very few villainous PC's. So it would be best to base ourselves a bit before Kun is defeated.

-Akiko

Tahiri Anashia

actually thats only in the KOTOR games that its like that, in comics if their acceptable resources, its still 3000 years before that rules put into effect.  The rule comes about because a Sith Lord named Kane or something nearly wipes out both factions and creates the valley of the jedi in the process.    only Darth Bane survives and a young girl named Raine who becomes his apprentice. 

Brandon

Quote from: Hunter on May 21, 2005, 10:24:22 AM
*swears (loudly) that he must be the only one interested in light games anymore*
I'll take a gander at it.  No promises, though.   ;D

You would be incorrect Hunter. I like being a "good" Jedi as much as a Sith but honestly I like the idea of being a non-Jedi even more. Something about exploring the stars and planets in my personal ship just appeals to me.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Lirliel

Well I'd for one would take up the Blue Lightsaber, always thought of myself to be a Guardian more then a Sith.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Tsumibito Seija

Well i'd love to play a sith, a pure bred sith, not one of those human knock offs. SITH ALCHEMY BABY OHHH YEAH!!!!

Tahiri Anashia

Tsumibito Seija

Wll several reasons pop up in my mind. For one I am extremely limited on time,  and second I am very new to forum Rp and i dont know how to create or monitior a list as of yet. Also the question of Free Form, or actual WotC format? I dont know, the timeline is also important.

Brandon

Well after talking to Tahiri/Anashia Ill consider running a SW game. Before I set any precedents I always like to get the players opinion on things so if your interested Ild like you to fill out the following questionare. Dont get caught up in the different era's of star wars though, just fill out what YOU want and Ill do my best to work out everything with everyone. Though I do not make any promises.

1) What Character type are you interested in playing?
2) What kind of a game are you looking for? To elaborate do you want a mix of political intregue and combat? More of 1 then the other? or something different entirely?
3) what section do you think this should go in and why?

NOTE: Before I ask about time lines and such let me warn all of you that I am not a huge star wars fan. I dont really care what happened when and as far as history goes I only know what the movies (minus the newest one) and Kotor 1 have told me.

4) What time line would you like to play in?

Couple of points I want to make too...

1) I dont allow characters that are not your own creation. Thus no you may not play Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or whoever else.
2) Each character should have a thought out personality, personal goals, background, description.
3) If I do agree to run this we will be using the D20 SW system published by Wizards of the coast. The only useable books are the main book (TSR11793) and ultimate alien antholody (177510000).

Finally, Remember my code as a GM: Remember that a DM has the right to say no to anything they find unbalancing and it is their duty to say no to anything that isnt fair to the other players

With that said I will work with players on a case by case basis if they want something odd.

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Tahiri Anashia

1) What Character type are you interested in playing?    Jedi Consular
2) What kind of a game are you looking for? To elaborate do you want a mix of political intregue and combat? More of 1 then the other? or something different entirely?  mixed
3) what section do you think this should go in and why? Heavy, because it leaves people the most open to the type of character they want, etc. 

NOTE: Before I ask about time lines and such let me warn all of you that I am not a huge star wars fan. I dont really care what happened when and as far as history goes I only know what the movies (minus the newest one) and Kotor 1 have told me.

4) What time line would you like to play in?  about 10-20 years following TOTJ.

Lirliel

1) What Character type are you interested in playing? Jedi Guardian
2) What kind of a game are you looking for? To elaborate do you want a mix of political intregue and combat? More of 1 then the other? or something different entirely? A good mixture of both
3) what section do you think this should go in and why? Heavy since it allows most people to have there way with things, plus I imagine it would be more intresting.

4) What time line would you like to play in?
About 5 years after the events of KOTOR 2, the Republic would have got there strength back a bit and a new Jedi order would have been instated.

Tahiri Anashia

Lirliel :D think you'd wanna GM the game? :D although i might change my time to meet yours :D I could play a sunrider that way in theory...:( although it'd require me to mess with the timeline alittle.

Lirliel

Well as was stated no previously created characters, so that means no Nomi sunrider.  Heck we could I'd take Qel'droma, but since that isn't possible I'll just play a Jedi Guardian.

Tahiri Anashia

who says previously created :D i'm one for bloodlines :D.   90% of my SW characters are descendants of Nomi, Vima, etc... 

Lirliel

They'd have to be distant relations from them since Ulic and Nomi died about 2000 years pre KOTOR 2.

Tahiri Anashia

my understanding was that Kotor 1 happened 40 years post redemption, and Kotor 2 happened something like 62 or some years after redemption.  redemption happened 10 years after the jedi converged at Yavin 4 and showed Exar Kun what the light side is really all about ;) so 2 generation difference at most with your time setting.  i peiced this together off info inside the games.