Me Talk Presidential One Day

Started by Vekseid, September 16, 2009, 01:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Matt Latimer discusses the Bush administration during the economic crisis.

Matt Latimer worked as one of Dubya’s speechwriters during the president’s final twenty-two months in office. He was there to help sell the surge to a skeptical public. He was there as we pretended that the fundamentals of the economy were strong. And he was there to see a president who failed to grasp his own $700 billion bailout package—even as he was pitching it to the American public on live TV. A disillusioned insider reveals for the first time just how messy things got.

Lengthy, but insightful. Far, far more damning of Paulson than Bush.

Callie Del Noire

I like what one of CNN's democratic speakers said this morning

"I don't give a damn about what the fool says in his book.. I think he ought be open glove slapped"

(Carville I think)

Philosoraptor

I'm getting really tired of fair-weather whistleblowers from the Bush administration who come out to confirm what all of us already knew after it was too late.  This guy, Scott Mclellan, and a handful of others are the scum of the earth for having stayed under their employ, knowing that they were pilfering lies to the American people, and smearing those who called them out on it as the leftist "lunatic fringe".

While they were receiving paychecks, people were dying, and we might have had the political power to stop their suffering if these bozos had come out...oh, I dunno...WHEN IT MATTERED?  Now every day, Bush Administration conspiracy theory continues to become conspiracy fact.  Yeah, I'm grateful that I at least know we weren't crazy, but now, even the truth is suspect because its release is only motivated by profit.

OldSchoolGamer

All I can say is this is where thirty-plus years of voting for stuffed shirts with little to no history of independent thought (too controversial, can't have THAT, heavens no!) has gotten us.  We Americans have no one to blame but ourselves.  We keep pulling the levers for the two-party monopoly, somehow expecting the outcome to change even as we repeatedly apply the same stimulus to the system.