{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duchess

No thank you she replied ,in a little hurry just the chocolate and I will definitely come back next time to try those pepper balls .bites her lips after realizing what she had said. hoping it didn’t sound out of place she took the chocolate cup and paid her bill. Taking a deep breath and walk to the  door to go home and think her next step

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled at Damien, who was sitting a couple table away, "How are you feeling?" She inquired cordially. He looked a little lost but she wasn't going to pry if he didn't want to talk.

Priest

Damien caught the smile on Aoi’s face and returned one of his own.  The longer he sat here the more comfortable he felt and the more the nerves drifted away.  He rolled the dice slowly between his thumb and fingers; something he often did when he was in thought.  “I am feeling more refreshed than I have been for a long time; there’s something relaxing about this place.  Don’t you find, almost like there’s magic in the air.” He smiled

anon

Ally wiggled her fingers at the new customer before turning to Damien. "No magic." She winked, mischief in her eyes. "The truth is, we simply burn some opium. Makes for a better working environment. But," she pressed her index finger to her lips, "you didn't hear that from me."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi agreed with Damien, there was something relaxing and refreshing about Corner Sweets but it was no magic. She grinned at Ally's reply, "No magic, just opium eh? Is that why you are always so bouncy?" She teased, twirling her fingers in the air in imitation of Ally.

anon

Ally shook her head at Aoi, laughing with the jingles of the bells. "No. That would be the sugar and the chocolate." So saying, she lifted her hand and blew across it. A puff of confectioner's sugar appeared and dusted the air.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien’s expression changed  to one of a mischievous smile as Ally .  “Opium! That would explain it; reminds me of when I was challenged once to lick the back of a.. toad…” his voice slowed and his expression changed to something more confused; for the life of him he couldn’t figure where that memory had come from; but it was there briefly before being swallowed by the fog of his mind.  He returned his smile.  “Well whatever it is; its certainly intoxicating, in the good sense of course.” he winked as he watched the sparkle of a sugar cloud in the air.

anon

"Back of a toad?" Ally blinked at him before quirking a smile again. "And they say I'm weird. I wonder what a chocolate covered toad would taste like." Her expression grew thoughtful before pulling a face. "Alright, maybe not. Probably a chocolate toad would be more acceptable."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien smiled at her and thought about this for a moment; with a twinkle in his eye; “I think it would have tasted a darn site better if it had have been covered in chocolate.”  Then he saw the expression in her face change as it seemed as if she was weighing up the possibilities of creating such a confectionary item.  “You can put me down for one should you make such a thing.”

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled and shook her head, it looked like she might be the one to create a couples sugar creation. She sat quietly thinking about Rex and listening to Ally and Damien banter joyfully.

anon

Ally laughed. "Would that be the chocolate-covered toad that you're signing up for, or the chocolate toad?" She grinned at him. It would be interesting, especially if she managed to find a way for it to croak even after consumption. It would put a whole new meaning to the phrase "he croaked."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien toyed with the dice in his hand for a moment; she had given him a choice; and choices meant only one thing that the dice must be cast and their decision adhered too; or else the consequences could be.. he shuddered to think of them.  Then he smiled and placed the dice on the table as though they were leaden weights.  "I had best not ask the dice that one; given my luck I think I already know what they would say."

anon

The dragon's talons dug into her again before flying about her head, nestling against the top of her head after a few passes. She tilted her head at him. "Then make your own decisions. You've chosen which seat to sit in without consulting your dice. I'm sure you can choose what to eat without them as well."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien nodded quietly; true, he had chosen his seat without consulting the impious oracle in his jacket.  It had filled the critera of his nervy disposition.  "Very well; but given my previous expriences I would rather it be a chocolate toad than a real one dipped." he grinned broadly, and wondered, given the way of things here in Corner Sweets, how long it would be before it hopped off his plate and across the floor.  A silent hiss invaded his hearing and he cast a scowl at his jacket pocket

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi quietly took out her sketch pad and started drawing Damien and Ally together at the table. She sang to herself, glad that they enjoyed each other's company. She slowly raised another picture memory to revolve on the table and contentedly sketched away.

anon

Ally's grin widened. "Will do." The dragon stirred a little as she spun and headed toward the kitchen again. She arched an eyebrow as she passed Aoi, looking at the sketch. "Well. That looks familiar." She laughed before continuing her way into the kitchen.

In there, she rustled about, creating a mold for the chocolate toad, carving out the bumps on the back before pouring it in the dark chocolate. She kept her thoughts honed, her emotions straining behind the shields that she had set up about her mind as she set it into the freezer, waiting for the chocolate to set, shaking it slightly to make sure that the air bubbles don't form.

She reappeared from the kitchen, expression thoughtful. "Should take a bit." She smiled at Damien, noticing the slight change in his demeanor since his entrance. She began moving the trays about behind the display case again.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien watched Ally  headed towards the back rooms of the shop; the rooms where, whether by means of magic or opium the enchantment was created.

As his eyes drifted back he saw Aoi, he could see she was sketching something; but from here he had no idea of what, he smiled at her as he bought his gaze back to the seat opposite his at the table; by way of his manner it was as if he was sharing that table with someone, which in his own way he was.

Damien glared a short while at the jacket before quietly muttering under his breath; ”How many times; I am not beholden to you for everything.  Especially when you see fit not to tell me what you know.” Damien went quiet as though someone else was speaking, before he spoke again.  ”No; why should I.

He was suddenly  pulled from the intensity of his exchange by Ally’s voice, he turned and smiled.  “I am sure it will be more than worth the wait.” Damn; was he blushing again. 

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed as Ally passed her and then returned from the kitchen a few minutes later. She knew what she was going to make for Ally. She caught Damien's glance and smiled. She bit her lip, missing Rex just a bit. She gently flicked her image over to rest on Damien's table. In her voice, it said "Here is how I see you" and it showed a picture of Damien with his jacket draped over the chair contemplating a little dragon wrapped around a mug.

Once she sent the image over, she rose and turned to Ally. "I'm going to get Rex and be right back, that boy is going to come in again and love it." She grinned and almost skipped out the door.

Priest

Damien studied the picture; she was good and had everything down to the finest detail; even the bulging in his jacket.  The detailing of her drawing of the little dragon every bit as involved as the ‘real’ thing was.  He looked up and smiled at her.  “You are quite the artist! I am afraid that the only thing I can draw is breath.” He watched as she skipped out the door.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi returned dragging a reluctant Rex back into Corner Sweets. "Come on Rex, it was just a joke. You weren't harmed by it." She crooned, smiling at Damien and winking at Ally. "Told you I'd bring him back."

Rex rolled his eyes, she could get him to do almost anything. "No surprises" he said sternly, before smiling at Damien. "Careful, Ally packs a bunch with her sweets." He sat down at their table and looked over at the drawing Aoi left for Damien. "She really is a great artist, you are lucky to get one of her drawings."

anon

Ally peered over Damien's shoulder at the picture, her eyebrows arching slightly at the small dragon but made no other comments of it otherwise. "Nice." She grinned at Rex. "And in my own defense, you were given plenty of warning...although your description's pretty apt in describing the creator more so than the creation."

She stood, hands at her hips. "So what can I get for you two love birds?" There was a loud croak from the back room. She cleared her throat and smiled again.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi giggled at the croak, Rex just looked confused. "Should I even ask?" He wondered to Ally, not sure if he wanted to try another creation especially if it made noise. "True, you did give me warning but still...it was hot." He pouted playfully, biting Aoi's ear.

Aoi rolled her eyes and moved away from Rex's playful nip. "If you wouldn't mind, I think just hot chocolate will do." She said.

anon

"Nothing for you this time." Ally stuck her tongue out at Rex. "If you want anything especial now, you'll have to go searching for your lovely girlfriend there." She nodded at Aoi as she walked back over the counter and pulled out two ceramic cups, ladling the hot liquid into it before filling the small silver dish with marshmallows of different sizes. "Anything else special?" She called out as she went to check on the toad, comping back with it in a weave basket.

She slipped the silver platter onto the table between Aoi and Rex before handing the basket to Damien. "And of course you understand that I am under no legal obligation to reimburse you should any mutation or alteration of physique should occur."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed as Rex looked totally perplexed. "Don't worry, I'm only going to order what I know is safe." He teased, but he threw Aoi a cautious glance. Aoi watched Rex's reaction when Ally set the woven basket in front of Damien. "Just wait" She whispered to Rex.

Mordred

Rex had his normally confused look... but then slipped back, wanting that ear to nibble on again.
(had to pop in and couldn't resist) :)
(I'll be back!... what was that strange voice... in the wind?)
*See Pillory*