News:

Main Menu

The front fell off

Started by HairyHeretic, October 30, 2008, 05:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RyiyesMX9s

I'd swear it was a sketch, but apparently this is legit.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Oh my God, I'm moving to Australia for the Monty Python News Hour! :D I really laughed out loud.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

HairyHeretic

I wouldn't have been surprised to see Graham Chapman walking in, dressed as the army colonel and going "Stop that, stop that, it's getting far too silly."

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Mabmoro

Man. Ive seen this clip before, but not the whole version. This is so funny its sad.

Oniya

I have to show this to the guys when they get home.  I'm thinking Terry Jones for the interviewer, and John Cleese for the Senator.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Oniya

Ah well - still Python-worthy, and thus something to share.  (with the caveat, of course ;) )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Paradox

Hahah, that was great, even if it was just a skit after all. Thanks HH.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Inkidu

Just watched again, "Cardboard's out."  Oh my God!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

And cardboard derivatives.   ;D

The Overlord

Quote from: Oniya on October 30, 2008, 10:43:19 AM
I have to show this to the guys when they get home.  I'm thinking Terry Jones for the interviewer, and John Cleese for the Senator.

Absolutely positively you'd have to have Cleese do the senator. I already mentally imaged him doing the entire skit as I watched it.  :)

I noticed the link to the infamous Miss Teen USA clip...this makes me curl up into a little ball and weep like a five-year old for the future of the nation every time I see it.  :-\

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on October 31, 2008, 11:41:26 PM
Absolutely positively you'd have to have Cleese do the senator. I already mentally imaged him doing the entire skit as I watched it.  :)

I noticed the link to the infamous Miss Teen USA clip...this makes me curl up into a little ball and weep like a five-year old for the future of the nation every time I see it.  :-\

Because even figuratively that's rational. The best and brightest of our nation aren't going to come from beauty pageants. A teen one at that I mean the answer's are:

What is world peace
World literacy
and the end to world hunger.

Come on man. Where you look for our future scares me more than some South Carolina teenager ever could. So try laughing for once.

Trieste

Bwahahaha. "What's the minimum crew?" "Uhhh... one, I suppose." *snicker*

Inkidu

"A wave hit the ship."
"Is that unusual?"
"Oh yeah, at sea chance in a million."

XD

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on November 01, 2008, 08:39:23 AM

Come on man. Where you look for our future scares me more than some South Carolina teenager ever could. So try laughing for once.

You're missing the point man. The only way I can find that humorous is if I want to see America crumble as a culture or nation, because you know as well as I that she's far from the only one like that. If I was a member of al queda I might find that vid hilarious.

They have her on stage to look good, not give a thesis, and IMHO she's doing questionably at both; might be just me but I like a woman with brains and sexy is more than just how much makeup you have on. But come on man, who honestly isn't concerned for society when they see kids that dumb?

Inkidu

Because she's, was a teenager. She's not some dumb forty year-old. She might grow out of it, or she might be just a flake but the world will not be decided by Miss South Carolina.

Now run the calculation for the odds of a wave hitting the ship. The guy says one and a million I say that's too generous! :D It's the comedy forum.

Oniya

*Rolls for resistance.  Fails.*

If you're talking about what most people call a wave (whitecaps, big curling top crashing down), you're right Inkidu.  To get those out on the ocean, you're either dealing with a storm or a rogue wave, since it's the progress into shallow water that forms that kind of dynamic.

As for the Miss America vid - those are funny in the way that TSG's 'World's Dumbest' and 'Get the Picture (Here's Your Sign)' are funny (and despite being 63% Polish, I'll throw those jokes in, too). 

'You got your shark bite suit on? Looks goooood.  Now I want you - to jump into this here pool of sharks - and lemme know if it hurts when they bite you.'

When someone is that blissfully ignorant, it makes flooding the laundry room by using too much powder seem a bit less stupid.

Inkidu

Or those tornado chasers. All my years of schooling, every year they told us, "Go away from the tornado get in a ditch, do not stay in the car." What do these guys do? Get in a car and go after the tornado. Did they miss all those classes?! XD

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on November 01, 2008, 05:20:36 PM
or she might be just a flake but the world will not be decided by Miss South Carolina.

I'd call it a matter of perspective.

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on November 02, 2008, 06:32:40 AM
I'd call it a matter of perspective.
I call it the most likely outcome. If the world is ever decided by Miss Teen South Carolina then this election is the least of America's worries. So stop putting politics into everything, please.

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on November 02, 2008, 07:46:56 AM
I call it the most likely outcome. If the world is ever decided by Miss Teen South Carolina then this election is the least of America's worries. So stop putting politics into everything, please.

LOL, watch the original clip again, this thread is all about dumb politics.

At this point I'll have to assume you're deliberately ignoring the point I'm making, so stop calling me on every post I make with your conservative rebuttal, or get used to scrapping here.

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on November 02, 2008, 03:43:25 PM
LOL, watch the original clip again, this thread is all about dumb politics.

At this point I'll have to assume you're deliberately ignoring the point I'm making, so stop calling me on every post I make with your conservative rebuttal, or get used to scrapping here.

Then go find the video and re-post it in the politics forum. I come here to laugh not deal with people's petty political agendas. I don't care what you think. This is not the forum for it.

HairyHeretic

Guys, chill.

I posted the clip here because it was funny. The original clip could certainly be seen as political satire. The Miss Teen Whatever is funny as well, but for different reasons. If you want to discuss them seriously, go find the appropriate forum and open up a new thread, ok?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 02, 2008, 04:17:55 PM
Guys, chill.

I posted the clip here because it was funny. The original clip could certainly be seen as political satire. The Miss Teen Whatever is funny as well, but for different reasons. If you want to discuss them seriously, go find the appropriate forum and open up a new thread, ok?
I agree, that's what I was saying. :D

The Overlord

Quote from: Inkidu on November 02, 2008, 05:35:25 PM
I agree, that's what I was saying. :D

Fine by me, just be mindful that your own political 'agendas' are no less petty than anyone else's.

I won't mention Miss Teen USA again if you don't, but surely you can at least get a good laugh at the politics in the original clip.