News:

Main Menu

Girly Games!

Started by Madalina, September 05, 2008, 05:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madalina

Shoot 'em up games lose my interest fairly quick... I was wondering what video games some of you other ladies enjoy.

Personally, Spyro rocks my socks.  ;D

Sabby

Go have a look at Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise :) Or failing that, just Viva Pinata. Very cute, cuddly game, simple to get into but very hard to master, and very rewarding.

Inkidu

I find the fact that pinatas can mate with their offspring disturbing.

A great girlie game would be um. Anything for the Wii?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on September 05, 2008, 09:06:24 PMAnything for the Wii?

Like Manhunt and MadWorld and Resident Evil 4? ;D

And they never 'mated' they 'romanced' :P which involved dancing, and then a flying woman would deliver the egg.

Mandalina, I really think you should go and have a look at it :) though you'll more then likely hear a lot of negative opinions from people, don't listen to them. Its unrightfully hated for its appearance.

Trieste

I ... I will admit to a weakness for Ape Escape, though it's been yeeeears since I played it. I don't even know if it's around anymore.

Silver

I love my FF 12 if I could ever find time to finish and I am waiting so badly for Mirror's Edge to come out.. it's not even funny. For a PC game I like The Sims.. I like playing God..
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on September 05, 2008, 10:13:37 PM
Like Manhunt and MadWorld and Resident Evil 4? ;D

And they never 'mated' they 'romanced' :P which involved dancing, and then a flying woman would deliver the egg.

Mandalina, I really think you should go and have a look at it :) though you'll more then likely hear a lot of negative opinions from people, don't listen to them. Its unrightfully hated for its appearance.
Well one of those wasn't that hot but come on! There's like four good M rated games for the Wii the rest are somewhat fun kiddie fodder. Super Paper Mario ;D

As for the "flying woman" I'm sure you think the stork brings babies too, Sabbat? ;D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ZK

I tend to play anything and everything under the sun and those games that curse at the sun too.

Right now, I am playing Tales of Vesperia (The main character is the goddamn batman! persona) and Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3.

The SMT series has always been a nice clusterfuck of hard and really morbid.

*puts on her all black clothes* >.>
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Lady Annabelle

*is officially jealous of ZK*  Persona is an AWESOME series.  I want to play the first two first, so I will be buying those rather soon.

I play a TON of RPG's, surprisingly.  I guess some of them could be considered more girlie-games.  The Atelier Iris series, Lunar Series, Grandia Series, Rhapsody(VERY Girlie), Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics, and some Final Fantasy games are my favorite and could be considered girlie.

Rhapsody is probably the girliest game that I have played and enjoyed.  Well, Rhapsody and Final Fantasy X-2.  I played The Sims for a while, before I got rather bored with it.  There are good girlie games out there.  Just have to look for them.

Right now, I am playing: Valkyrie Profile(PS1), Tactics Ogre(PS1), Suikoden V(PS2) & La Pucelle Tactics(PS2).  All of them are really good.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

ZK

Funny as I own all of those titles you mentioned... plus anything SMT brand that was released stateside.

Also in December, Persona 4 comes out.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Canuckian

Anyone here play Mass Effect?  It's a shooter RPG, but waaay deep on the RP side.  The only gamers I talk to are guys, so I'm interested in finding out if any girls play it :)

The Dark Raven

I must be atypical for girls, then...

I play the following most often:

• World of Warcraft
  • Horizons
  • A Tale in the Desert 3 (4 beta starts in a month I think!)
  • Civilization 4
  • Day of Defeat:Source
  • Team Fortress 2
  • City of Heroes/City of Villains
  • Demise

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

ZK

Played it for the 360, got every single achievement for it. (I like it that much) ^.^

Canuckian

Quote from: ZK on September 11, 2008, 05:27:11 PM
Played it for the 360, got every single achievement for it. (I like it that much) ^.^

Did you go with ManShep or FemShep?

ZK

Went with both, both good Shep and bad Shep with both genders.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on September 05, 2008, 09:06:24 PM
I find the fact that pinatas can mate with their offspring disturbing.

Animals do it, why not pinata??

Apparently the Kingdom Hearts series is considered a 'game for her' by several gaming stores.  But they happen to be some of my favourite games, along with Persona 3.  :p
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 12, 2008, 03:19:47 PM
Animals do it, why not pinata??

Apparently the Kingdom Hearts series is considered a 'game for her' by several gaming stores.  But they happen to be some of my favourite games, along with Persona 3.  :p

KH has enough pretty-boys and cute Disney things to appeal to the fan-girls, and enough challenge to appeal to the power-gamer.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on September 12, 2008, 03:50:53 PM
KH has enough pretty-boys and cute Disney things to appeal to the fan-girls, and enough challenge to appeal to the power-gamer.
I don't like Kingdom Hearts at all. Mostly because they call Squall Leon, and you can make it through the large majority of the game with random hacking and slashing, but I always get the feeling it was developed of a girl's fanfic.

Laeori

Meh, I stick to Wow mostly. I tried a few solo player games, but I love the social aspect of the MMORPG's and the rest are too PvP based for me.  I am kind of fond of Spore though not as addicted as some.  Also went though a long phase of RTS's and Simulator games pre wow.

I guess I am not a very girly gamer.  :(

Canuckian

Quote from: ZK on September 12, 2008, 12:45:21 PM
Went with both, both good Shep and bad Shep with both genders.

ManShep is superior.  Why?  Because he gets to nail Ashley :D

ZK

I personally thought Ashley was ugly and annoying. At least she wasn't whiny like Kaiden who tried not to be Carth.

Personally, if I had a preference, I'd try to go for Tali.

Canuckian

Quote from: ZK on September 13, 2008, 01:22:49 PMPersonally, if I had a preference, I'd try to go for Tali.

This is true.  Apparently it's also true enough for the rest of the fans that there are several threads devoted that idea :)

It's funny, but after using Mass Effect's conversation system, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to pure text-based entry in RPGs.  I've been looking at videos for Fallout 3 and I find their text-entry... lacking.

White lace

I love Sonic the Hedgehog games, I just think they are awesome!

pookypie

As agreed by other girls in this thread, I... might be a little atypical in that I can't really deal with stereotypically 'girly' games. I think the most stereotypically female games I have are... uh... FFX-2? I don't think Pokemon Pearl on the DS really counts.

The game that acts as my main vice is World of Warcraft, on a roleplay server. I tried Age of Conan out, but despite adoring the gritty atmosphere, found the RP to be far less extensive than my high expectations demanded. Oblivion, I've played, as well as Black & White, several Final Fantasy games, TimeSplitters, Metal Gear Solid, Smash Bros... that kinda thing ^_^ My DS preferences are Assassin's Creed, The Settlers and PuzzleQuest *nodnod*.

Oniya

My husband just got PuzzleQuest for the PC, and is addicted.  I'll have to tease him about it coming up on this thread.  ;)

Along with Metal Gear Solid...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17