News:

Main Menu

Magic: The Gathering

Started by Thraben, March 29, 2012, 12:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geeklet

I thought Emrakul was banned in EDH? But anyways, I love EDH. If you aren't trying to do something crazy, you are playing the game wrong. :P

Thraben

Quote from: Geeklet on March 30, 2012, 08:51:05 AM
I thought Emrakul was banned in EDH? But anyways, I love EDH. If you aren't trying to do something crazy, you are playing the game wrong. :P

Well that's unfortunate. Apparently he is, but Ulamog and Kozilek aren't and they're pretty solid as well.

WindVoyager

Is tempted to rebuild my old EDH deck but it would cost more then my budget would allow and I don't have enough sleeves. I'll have to stick to my cheap budget decks

Pet peeve, newer players who WHINE and whine about how expensive T2 decks are, most costing in the 200$ range and whine even more when some one points out the MTG is a hobby and hobbies cost money.

RubySlippers

I have one deck for casual play it has three mana sources, 19 monsters all pretty cheap to summon and 20 cards to just lock down the opponents monsters all enchantments. Oddly effective since the mana costs are generally two or three (seven cards us seven three mana) so I have various special powers on all my monsters. And it is mostly commons and a few uncommon cards no rares.

And it cost me with sleeves under $20 and is a scary piece of work.

Thraben

Quote from: WindVoyager on March 30, 2012, 03:40:35 PM
Is tempted to rebuild my old EDH deck but it would cost more then my budget would allow and I don't have enough sleeves. I'll have to stick to my cheap budget decks

Pet peeve, newer players who WHINE and whine about how expensive T2 decks are, most costing in the 200$ range and whine even more when some one points out the MTG is a hobby and hobbies cost money.

Yeah that's pretty annoying, especially when you can trade cards in for credit. Your first deck will cost you some money but if you're smart and trade cards well (before they leave rotation, when they spike in price, etc) you could potentially never have to spend money on a deck again.

WindVoyager

I rarely send more the 20$ for my decks. My very first deck was a pre con, it was so long ago I can't remember what it was but I've never spent much on cards. My Stormtide deck costs under 20$ and tends to win more often then not.

And my decks are mostly cheap rares and c\uncs.

Before the only close by card shop closed, there used to be this one bunch of young teens that would come in and do nothing but whine and complain on who expensive popular\hot T2 cards were.

Roleplay Frog

I wonder..  anyone able to tell me a bit more about the fairness of cards for credit? .. I don't have top of everything things but I wonder if I could get rid off of some stuff with low inconvenience at my local store. of course serious stuff

(I'm living in germany if htis is an american only thing) ..

Studying and money don't mix.

*hijacks thread*

Geeklet

Quote from: WindVoyager on March 30, 2012, 03:40:35 PM

If anyone does that, we typically tell them about the event decks. Not the intro decks, but the event decks Wizards releases a few weeks or so after each set. While they may not be the best decks, they are pretty good for the price point, and give new players a starting ground.

Quote from: Deva on March 30, 2012, 04:15:35 PM
I wonder..  anyone able to tell me a bit more about the fairness of cards for credit? .. I don't have top of everything things but I wonder if I could get rid off of some stuff with low inconvenience at my local store. of course serious stuff

*hijacks thread*

Typically, at least at my store, if the card is good enough, they will buy it for a fraction of the price it is worth if someone were to buy it from them (they've got to make money too, you know). Also, there are websites that sell cards that will buy them as well, probably one of the more common ones being Star City Games.

Thraben

Quote from: Deva on March 30, 2012, 04:15:35 PM

*hijacks thread*

Your best bet is to go in and ask what they're willing to give you. At my LGS they give around 75% credit (more if they really need the card less under some circumstances) and only give cash for really rare cards. The particular store that I choose to go to though lets me use the trade in credit on anything I want, so say I trade in a Goyf for $75 I can take that credit and buy a box set of anime. Most stores however force you to buy more cards with some going as far as making you buy singles. But yeah, your best bet is to just go in and ask what their policy is and if they only give credit and you're looking for cash, try selling on Ebay.

Roleplay Frog

hmnn.. I'll give it a twirl.. one day! Ebay is such a hassle.:p