Bump in the Night [Interest Check | Recruitment] -- Always Recruiting!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, May 29, 2016, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Yes, there will be GM initiated plots and events in order to keep the game moving forwards, but the game will primarily revolve around the players.

We haven't thought of anything specific at the moment. For now, we're mostly concentrating on the players, specifically those who will be playing Initium characters since their events on how they become introduced to the supernatural will occur in the early game. So when the game begins, you can expect a lot of GM interaction causing players to be nudged together. This means a lot of PMs will likely be going out: first to Initiums to see if they have any specific requests, then to any other players just to give a tiny heads up and minimal guidance if needed.

Hope that answered your question? :-)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Derwaysh

I didn't realize I had yet to express an official interest. As per our conversation, one Myobi, kindly put me down for Initium. (Still working on the character concept).

Of course I'm very happy playing one of the other categories if required because they are all equally appealing to yours truly. No clue on the face claim however. Once the GMs have approved, I would like to co-author a bit of history/background for the charrys if anybody's interested.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Eva

I think I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.  This looks like it could be fun.  I could play Initium or something else, as needed. 

Esoteric Myobi

There's a lot of character concepts being discussed and tossed our way at the moment. So far, it seems like Initiums are getting the most interest so we may eventually put a hold on taking any more Initiums until we receive more CSs for the other character types to ensure that there's a good balance.

However, we've only approved one character sheet thus far so it's still open season until we've gotten more. :-)

@Der -GLOMPS-

@Evangelina: Hello and welcome! Thanks for the interest ;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Twisted iN Tux

To put the GMs collective minds at ease, I'm currently working on a Docebat.

Eva

I haven't put too much thought to any character type at this point.  I put out Initium simply because I thought it might be helpful.  But if another sort would be helpful, simply let me know and I'll steer my thinking in that direction. 

Aida Rose

Autumn Sativus

Character interest thus far is skewing toward Intium slightly but Myobi and I will both be playing Lux and Tenebris characters ourselves so there's no massive lack just yet. If it becomes a problem as interest grows we'll put a cap on it but we're not there yet.

Lady Lunarius - Intium
Twisted iN Tux - Docebat
WardenIce - Intium - CS Approved
Otaco - Lux
Undine - Intium
Aeons - Tenebris
Derwaysh - Intium
Evangelina - Intium
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

wigglebiscuit

Questions answered!

Where would a succubus who doesn't know she's a succubus fit into the system?

Autumn Sativus

Intium, unless she's met other Lux or Tenebris, then Docebat.
Us against the world

Madame Professor

There seems to be a decent number of Intium interest... so I'm leaning towards Lux or Tenebris. I have a few ideas that I'm working on narrowing down.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Esoteric Myobi

Just a reminder/clarification that yes, characters who start out as Initiums will eventually become vetted into Docebats. But we still need a few Docebats to act as guides for the newbies when they come around. ;3

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Eva

I'm shifting my spot to Lux I think, I'm probably going Vampire. 

Madame Professor

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on May 30, 2016, 09:06:15 PM
Just a reminder/clarification that yes, characters who start out as Initiums will eventually become vetted into Docebats. But we still need a few Docebats to act as guides for the newbies when they come around. ;3

Dang it, Myobi! I was trying to narrow my idea list down!  >:(
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Madame Professor

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on May 30, 2016, 09:32:03 PM
I'm sowwy, not sowwies ::)

Are you getting back at me for stealing your cards in Gloom? ::)

Derwaysh

I'll be delighted to play a Docebat if needed. Got just the concept for it too.

I kinda have an idea for all four but that's a different story. >_>
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Remiel

My favorite character class is whatever everybody else isn't playing.

aorangi3

Hello, I am interested. My face claim is Doc Holiday (Val Kilmer)
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Timeless

I would like to reserve Marion Cotillard. >3> *taps fingertips together* I hope to get the sheet done soon.. Oooo boy.

Diesel Heart

As requested by our lovely GMs, here is an approved CS

Seren Barrington

Name:  Seren Barrington
Sexuality:  Heterosexual
Character Type: Initium
Appearance
It is often said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, albeit deceptive or intimidating. This is true in a literal sense for Seren Barrington, choosing to incorporate elements of gothic, punk and the occult into her appearance. The most prominent and immediately noticeable is her use of cosmetics to accentuate certain facial features, particularly the eyes which are pale-blue and what she considers the most beautiful aspect. Her desire to bring more attention to them also causes her to keep her eyebrows keenly plucked and well maintained. The rest of her face possesses soft features from her rounded chin and delicately shaped lips which are often lacquered in flesh-tones. Seren holds a moderate dislike of her cheeks however, thinking they are too chubby and ‘chipmunk like’. This compels her to repress fully smiling in most situations, especially out in public.

Seren is comfortable enough with herself to flaunt skin and accessorize her body with risque, dark clothing. She takes greater value in the ability to freely express through fashion choices, although she seems interested in comfort over style. This leaves her preferences of clothing to be relatively simplistic. Her first and foremost prerequisite when purchasing a clothing piece is if she can run in it.  Her favorite article of clothing is the tan pair of cowboy boots she’s had for several years, having sentimental value invested in them. She often sports her modest selection of body-piercing, found in a single lip ring and an eyebrow bar. The only time these seem to be absent are during sleep or bathing.

Underneath the fashion statements, Seren bears a below-average physique with years of undernourishment stunting growth. As a result, she is petite and frail, although she seems to be taking active steps to correct this. She bears a modest breast size, proportionate to her frame with a matching hips-to-thigh measurement ratio. However, calling her curvy would be an overstatement. Seren falls into the Ectomorph body type, giving her the typical traits associated to the classification. She has small shoulders, small and seemingly delicate joints where bone easily protrudes underneath the skin. Her complexion falls into the fair and pale category, smooth and with little tone except in her legs; the girl can run. Lastly, the evidence of self-harm is on blatant display across her forearms. One can easily see a multitude of tiny, horizontal scars with a single vertical one running along the vein underneath. Under normal circumstances, these scars are covered with arm-warmers, gloves or long-sleeve shirts. However, she is often proud enough to leave them visible when in extremely positive moods.

Skills:  Social Engineering,  Psychoanalysis,  Divination

Personality
Seren has a difficult disposition to identify as a whole, riddled with subtle inconsistencies due to her separation of private and public life. Although, if one were to give her any singular description, it would be free-spirited with an emphasis on freedom, individuality and exploration.

To her, the world is an interconnected mystery ready to be explored and filled with information. There is always a deeper meaning and something to find between lines. This outlook drives forward her sense of adventure and mysticism, eager to explore and test the boundaries of her accumulative knowledge. There is nothing to Seren more exciting than a potential and will actively leap towards it so long as is remains spontaneous and advantageous. If anything has the ability to ruin Seren’s motivation towards discovery, it is through the use of routine. Repetitive action and the feeling of obligation quickly deteriorate her focus towards task completion. Additionally, she seldom manages to get caught up questioning why or how something happened. When either of these two circumstances become an element, Seren often becomes stressed and overwhelmed - nearly compulsive to discover the answer to a question or method to escape cycling continuity.

Over the years as a result, she has become an intuitive thinker with a keen grasp of empathy. Her steady consistency of observations through activity or social interaction born from curiosity leaves Seren with a desirable ability to communicate. In social settings, she can easily become the center of attention given her charismatic benevolence and interest towards forming connections with others. To her, everyone is a new world of discovery to reflect upon. Analytical perception of life accounts, hardships, how they overcame them and more all factor into Seren’s motivation to be an extraverted individual. However, this promotes a sensitive vulnerability. One of her nasty habits is focusing on introverted individuals and wanting to crack open the shell to find possible potentials. Compulsion to offer advice, actively placing herself in a position to get more involved and even take matters into her own hands often leads to conflict. The first is placing an unrealistic expectation on others, holding them up to a standard of flowing creativity and shared experiences. Secondly, she can forget to care for herself and this hefty generosity often leaves a relation with a one-sided impression.

Above all else, Seren holds an intense abhorrence towards physical violence or the deployment of coercion to take advantage of others. This stems from the years of childhood abuse and reflecting upon the effects it still holds over her. It implemented a deep-seated fear of others which can twist her explorative curiosity and knowledge into a malicious weapon. By understanding how the victim of her ire works and looks at the world, Seren holds an edge to stay a step ahead. It is half a self-defense mechanism and half a coping mechanism to moments of heightened anxiety and feeling threatened. Under most circumstances, the maliciousness demonstrated in these moments are moderate and simply impulsive with an underlying intent to reconcile or seek compromise. Failing this, she will most always choose the option of fleeing and attempting to hide. Another coping mechanism she developed over the years was self-inflicting cuts along her forearms, treating it as a painkiller placebo. This is normally done when she either has nothing to use as an edge or desperately needs to escape her anxiety.

The source of abuse originated from Seren’s developed ability to communicate with the dead, revealing it to her father who still struggled with moving past the death of his wife. Since an extremely early age, she has been watched and spoken to by ghostly apparitions of various personality. They were there while she showered, explored sexual experimentation and more which left Seren with a relaxed perspective on humility as a result. Additionally, it is through their constant presence and vying for attention that she developed her communicative skills. Originally, it was only their company that she preferred, finding the judgmental alternative making her ability a source of ridicule and torture. However, through the discovery of Laveyan Satanism and magic, she discovered that reality was not as black and white as perceived. Through them, Seren found her motivation to flip the perspective of the world upside down and explore the ley-lines of psychology, occultism and sociology.

Backstory
Seren was born on June 30th in Meridian, Mississippi into a working class family with substance abuse history predating her conception. Her early childhood was as normal as one would expect with virtually nothing outside of the ordinary. However, at the age of five, Seren's mother lost her life in a car crash which sent her father into a down spiral of alcohol-induced depression. The following weeks gradually created a distance between father and daughter until Seren's 'gift' of communicating with the dead manifested. This ability was left unnoticed by her father's drunken stupor all the way up into her first year of school. Seren's father received a call from the school's principle, detailing her defiant behavior and that they'd like to meet her mother. When explained that the mother had been dead for over a year, the principal explained that Seren is convinced her mother tells her to say the things she's been saying. Seren was sent home to face the wrathful scorn of her father, subjected to yelling and scolding remarks. Eventually, Seren stood up and told him that her mother wants to speak with him and he paused, bewildered. When Seren spoke again, it was with her mother's voice and soft-spoken dialect. Whatever it was, something triggered in him and he slapped her across the room. As she cried and held her face on the floor, she heard him say to never play such a sick trick again and he walked off to drown in more alcohol.

This marked the start of a long childhood of physical and verbal abuse. As she continued communicating with the recently deceased, the father often found her 'talking to herself' or received concerning calls from teachers about the tendency to do so. At each instance, Seren was subjected to another beating and harsh verbal scolding. Words and phrases often used were freak child or other such equivalents. As time passed, social life was significantly stunted, often being a silent body off to the side who listened to others or refused to participate in normal, leisurely activities. She began to prefer the company of spirits, finding their unjudging disposition much more appealing. As she grew older, the beginning stages of school-bullying made her a prime victim, often teased and pushed around for being the strange girl with imaginary friends. She would often try to run and hide, screaming at the top of her lungs when violence was deployed.  Eventually, Seren had shut down so completely that she often skipped school and locked herself away at home. To her surprise, this apathy of having a future resulted in no action from the father. Feeling entirely isolated from the world and finding company exclusive to the dead, she eventually tried to run away from home multiple occasions. Each time, she was found in a local graveyard talking to herself and after the second offense, she was submitted to psychiatric therapy. She was quickly released however, when the psychologist found nothing 'wrong' and Seren was returned to her father only to face another case of abuse. Finally, she got brave enough to call the cops to report his abuse. Midway through the call, the dispatcher heard a door slam open and her screams. By the time the police arrived, they found Seren in the fetal position, unconscious and still being beaten by her father with a blunt object with an insane expression. Seren was hospitalized to mend a severe concussion, effects of malnourishment, multiple bone fractures and more.

After many months of recovery and physical therapy, Seren was released from the hospital.  As a minor with the closest relatives located in New Orleans, her course was set.  Over the years, Seren created a complex on top of her chosen coping mechanisms to the abusive past while keeping most of her company in the form of ghosts.  Nevertheless, her years of crafting led her on an insatiable quest for knowledge.  It wasn't until she got mixed in with a certain crowd in school that she was welcomed to Satanism, learning of it's self-indulgent teachings without the expense of bullying.  Currently, she's a college student majoring in psychology and about to discover that things are a bit more bizarre in the world than what she thought she knew...

Character Ons/Offs
Role: Switch • Activity: Indulgent
General Preferences:  Vanilla Sex, Lights On, Safe Sex
General Attractions:  Intelligence, Mysterious, Nonviolent, Pragmatic, Self-Indulgent, Glasses, Compassionate
Kinks:  Roleplay, Skinny-Dipping, Voyeurism

Outlaw Fallen

I'd be lying if I said this game didn't catch my eye... it's the second time I've come back to reading it.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Eva

My CS as approved by the GMs

Name:Eleanor Gray

Sexuality:Straight (for the most part)

Character Type: Tenebris (though keeps herself well out of things)

Appearance: Polished and Elegant with a marked willingness to adopt fashion trends that please her, she finds great comfort and pleasure at standing out as much as she blends in. She has brown hair and eyes a slightly darker shade of brown when the hunger is not upon her. Her eyes are red when she’s feeding or startled/angry etc., or when she simply feels like it. Of medium height with a classically proportioned body and classically attractive features she slips easily into whatever role she chooses. She moves with a practiced grace and prides herself on being able to say more with a gesture than some can in a long diatribe.   

Skills:Vampiric Appeal- the subtle, sensual pull one comes to expect of a classic Vampire. 
Heightened senses- This goes further than the sharpened senses of a predator.  Eleanor’s sense are very keen, able to use information about a human’s body (the sound of their heartbeat, the scent of sweat, the nervous twitch of a cheek) to read their emotions and even some rudimentary thoughts.
Grace-complete and total control over her body, She moves with practiced grace and when occasion warrants it, blinding speed. This gives her a leg up on the rare occasion when she needs to employ fight or flight, but it can also give her a leg up when she’s trying to seduce and influence someone.  Then her movements can be hypnotic.   

Personality: Polished and collected she is a civilized monster, a shepherd to her flock, Eleanor prides herself on long-thinking and planning for the future. A social creature she is an excellent listener and is a frequent patron of the arts over the years. 

Backstory:Born in a hovel to parents of far too many children Elly hastily left it and them behind as soon as her beauty had blossomed enough to give her a commodity.  She made her way to London and through luck and ambition worked her way through the lower end whorehouses into the higher end ones without any marks of the trade to show. She knew her time was limited before her life marked her and took away the one thing she had going for her. Learning not just the tricks of the trade but the polish needed to walk arm and arm with her clients, she began to take on work as an artist’s model as well which put her into contact with an entirely different circle of people.  Eventually she found herself set up as the purchased mistress of a foreign man and patron of the arts.  He was a man who traveled quite a bit and liked to have a clean and dedicated woman to see to his needs in each city of his business. She continued to work as a model, which kept his home full of the sorts of people he liked to interact with in his leisure so both were quite satisfied with the arrangement. Though the position was pleasing and undemanding she noted that her master, moody and mysterious as much as he was constantly surrounding himself with people, never changed physically. Over the course of their arrangement (He never fed where he fucked) her observations of other discrepancies culminated in her discovering his secret. It might have been fatal but her master, growing weary of his long, unchanging life, thought to turn her for the sheer novelty of it.  It helped, buying him another decade before his melancholy drove him to take his own unlife.  He left her everything as well as a taste for human companionship and the arts, which she knew had off-set his growing discontent. Following in his footsteps she maintained houses in various locales and sought out humans to keep her fresh and entertained and now has quite an extensive collection of paintings and sculptures of various famous and up and coming artists.

Character Ons/Offs: A switch with a very open mind, there is little that Eleanor hasn’t done over the years.  Even so she’s a fairly refined palate and prefers things done artfully, with grace, a sense of theater involving props, costumes and setting. She enjoys voyeurism from both sides for those very reasons and is quite fond of multiple partners not being particularly choosy about the gender array.

Autumn Sativus

Just a reminder to everyone to who might be submitting questions or Character Sheets to please include both GMs on your PMs. :-)
Us against the world

Aida Rose

Name: Iris Nkosi
Sexuality:Bisexual
Character Type: Lux

Appearance: Iris is lithe and her style becomes seemingly less unique when people, who've never even met a fae but know she 's one, meet her. She'd like to set the record clear, heavy jewelry is not actually a uniform among them. Her mother didn't dig a needle through her nose. She thrifted hard for these clothes. They didn't just fall into her lap and she feels very strongly about this. She's beautiful, but all fae are, right? It's no wonder she resents admitting her species to anyone who doesn't already know it. 

Skills: Shapeshifting (animals), Mesmerizing, and Healing

Personality: Iris comes off as an open book. While it's true that she keeps her heart on her sleeve and never lies, there's a lot she keeps to herself. She still hides her horns, what stubs are left, even in the presence of other supernatural creatures. Her apparent age is a better measure of her behavior than her actual age. She enjoys a good joke and hates to be bored. While her experience with her human parents' wasn't perfect, it's instilled her with a steady appreciation for most life, humans included, and a deep guilt for what she's done.

Backstory: Iris came into this world a Changeling. She grew up raised by a college lecturer and a surgeon in San Francisco. They thought she was their real daughter. They assumed her silverish purple hair was a mildly unfortunate birth defect. The fae found her when she was 14 and then she fell into an existential crisis where she spent the next two years living as an oddly colored Bengal cat. She ended up sleeping in the soft rug of a lonely novelist, licking her paws and skimming manuscripts until she got over it. When she did, she let her birth mother find her.

Since then, she's been all over, jumping from one city to the next, from one plane to the next.  She never spoke to her human parents. They'd tried their best, as most people try, but she had a lot of bad memories with them. The worst part might have been that, until she'd grown horns, her childhood had been happy. She loved her parents and they were proud of their daughter who could never lie, seemingly because of pure goodness. Then she grew up and everything changed. Her father had sawed the horns off while she screamed the whole way. They were apart of her and she could feel it like an amputated arm. The stubs remained and she hid them beneath her hair, but her parents always knew about them. They would've called their pastor for an exorcism, but they never did. It would've been too much for the people at church to know about their daughter, and as long as the proof could be hidden, life went on. Iris still had to live with her parents who believed she was of the devil, though, and that destroyed their relationship.

Iris learned healing magic from her brother and preened when her affinity for shapeshifting was acknowledged. She spent about 10 years on what may have been considered a bender. High on fae fruit and the excitement of her new existence, time began to mean less and less to her. Then she landed in New Orleans during a rough stop. Her mother refused to speak to her after what happened in Istanbul and she'd run out of the dust she'd been given for travel. She was stuck and desperate for a job. There was (still is) a woman, a fae old enough for her age to be speculation, in the French Quarter. River sold many things, but her biggest draw was youth. She didn't sell to other fae, obviously. No one needed it, but there were always humans and others* among that. It was a simple system. She had people who gathered the unwanted dregs of society, the prostitutes and addicts and tramps. They offered them money for small jobs, happened upon them while they lay weak and beaten. Then they brought them back to River, who would use her talent to suck the life from them and then harvest it into trendy glass jars. Iris came in for the aftermath. She cleaned up the wounds that revealed the truth of River did and healed whoever wasn't dead already. She'd like to say she didn't know, and it was true that River was never specific, but Iris knew. Everyone did. And here she was, in a woman's parlor, constantly dealing with elderly humans in youthful clothing.

It hadn't ended well, but how could it? One day, Iris caught River in the act and couldn't ignore what was going on anymore. Her conscience weighed on her and she contacted the nearest thing to an authority she knew. She does unlicensed "medicine" for anyone willing to pay her (much lower than it should be, thank you) price and will heal people who fit the profile of River's victims for free, though she'd prefer that fact not get around. People who go in knowing what she is tend to be shocked when the price is cash.

Character Ons/Offs